EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Wife beating

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wife beating
audbod
Member # 12901

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for audbod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw this. What do you think about it ladies? [URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hcQTmcgkKA][/URL]
Posts: 209 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
audbod
Member # 12901

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for audbod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hcQTmcgkKA
Posts: 209 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which woman could desire to be beaten by her husband? [Confused]

Beating doesn't bring stability to a relationship or a family..... actually the opposite is going to happen.

Really really sad to know that elsewhere it's socially accepted.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
audbod
Member # 12901

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for audbod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel really sorry for any woman who has to endure this. We are in the 21st century. Religion has a lot to answer for.
Shazoun
Member # 13212

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shazoun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was absolutely shocked when I saw this. How many people are following a man like this and his advice - oh my god - ya allah - I dont wanna imagine
Posts: 6 | From: Austria | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
omg I went to watch this video and found this one of a woman beating the hell out of her husband! [Eek!]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Ox4a5sgkY

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go girl, time to balance the tables a little. That is why I support husband beating.
Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before we all get up in arms about this, remember it was with a toothbrush type of object.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNyybm_NN8

then watch the response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoWWfwVZD6g&watch_response

i'm not saying its right, but thats how i understand it in islam.

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, those toothbrushes are painful...
[Big Grin]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
images of poor Betty recoiling on the floor after repeated beatings by her husbands 'travel' toothbrush will stay with me for life...she'd better make sure his dinner is on the table when he gets home.

If i was beaten with a toothbrush, i would use it to clean the toilet [Big Grin]

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mi feng:
Go girl, time to balance the tables a little. That is why I support husband beating.

sorry Mi, i disagree with this strongly. I have known women who would not be housed by domestic violence charities because they are just as violent to their husbands as he is to them. It is wrong PERIOD, women often commend a women for beating her husband, or even laugh at it, that is a double standard and no one should be beaten regardless. Not even with a toothbrush in my opinion.

The trouble when both get violent is that it can get out of hand and one may end up killing the other, i watched a documentary about husband abuse the other week and a man was killed by his girlfriend, anyone that uses violence just ups the anti each time, thats the nature of the beast.

caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbl3S-j48pI&mode=related&search=

I like this response [Smile]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by caterpillar:
images of poor Betty recoiling on the floor after repeated beatings by her husbands 'travel' toothbrush will stay with me for life...she'd better make sure his dinner is on the table when he gets home.

If I was beaten with a toothbrush, I would use it to clean the toilet [Big Grin]

Wait a minute, is it an electric??? Those can be quite bulky. [Big Grin]
But seriously, someone tries to beat me with anything the size of a toothbrush and you think I would even FLINCH ? lol ... he better be able to run fast with that toothbrush, too. [Wink]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mi feng:

sorry Mi, i disagree with this strongly. I have known women who would not be housed by domestic violence charities because they are just as violent to their husbands as he is to them. It is wrong PERIOD, women often commend a women for beating her husband, or even laugh at it, that is a double standard and no one should be beaten regardless. Not even with a toothbrush in my opinion.

The trouble when both get violent is that it can get out of hand and one may end up killing the other, i watched a documentary about husband abuse the other week and a man was killed by his girlfriend, anyone that uses violence just ups the anti each time, thats the nature of the beast.

I agree, even though I think Mi Feng was just kidding, but this is along the same lines of women pedophiles not getting the same punishment as the men for having sex with boys (the teachers come to mind specifically).

But did you watch that video of the woman beating her husband? It's sick, my husband and I just sat with mouths open as she OWNED her husband, she really gave it to him, and people (and kids!) stand around watching and laughing like it's nothing. If it were a man on a woman I think there would have been a different reaction...it shouldn't be. I just watch things like that, even with the husbands beating the wives and I think, 'what kind of marriage must this be?'. I can't imagine living my life like that whatsoever.

caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
no i didnt watch it, it flagged up as over 18, parental control thing, the kids use the laptop so i dont want to change the settings...but i can imagine. The trouble is women will often laugh if a woamn says she hit her husband, or make a joke of it, but if a man does it then he'd be slaughtered.
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Men who beat women showing masculinity?????
YEAH RIGHT !!
This just shows how VERY WEAK the man actually is to need to beat something physically inferior to him or any aggressive person for that matter. AS THEY SAY GO PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE !!!!!
If a man has agressive tendencies go fight with another man who can give him a run for his money !! That would prove his maculinity !!!!!
No cos they know they will lose !!!!

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairogirl
Member # 1437

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbl3S-j48pI&mode=related&search=

I like this response [Smile]

I like this response too - this lady seems to be very intelligent and thoughtful about Islam and her interpretation seems reasonable. But of course the problem is (as it often is in religion) people will interpret ambiguous religious guidance in many ways, and some will use it to justify their bad behaviour. This doesn't just happen with Islam though!
Posts: 49 | From: egypt | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=002961
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 5 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I ask you guys something? Who actually beat their wives? Do you personally know of anyone who beats their wife? People are obsessed with so much drama. Yes it happens and in such cases i guess love is not there AND such a man has some serious issues that are psychotic in nature. I mean do people actually beat their wives because of religion? you really believe that? These people are not religious they are criminals. That's my opinion.
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairogirl
Member # 1437

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sobriquet, if you want to look at some domestic violence statistics then go to:
http://www.aidv-usa.com/Statistics.htm. Doubtless there are millions more websites that can inform you about how common violence against women is.
I had a good friend whose husband was mentally and physically abusive to her, and she didn't tell me for 2 years because she felt so ashamed. Perhaps that's why so few of us might know someone who is being beaten.
And in answer to your second question, I do really believe that some Muslims might use the Q'uran reference as a justification for hitting their wife. Many of the YouTube videos show Muslim clerics justifying varying degrees of violence against rebellious wives. But I do agree with your point that people who hit their wives are criminals.

Posts: 49 | From: egypt | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soma
Member # 12876

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go girl, time to balance the tables a little. That is why I support husband beating
wow thank god for that , so you right mifeng the god bless you

Posts: 88 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once, a reporter, staged for a long time in Cairo, wrote a book about it. It was called like " A good husband has to beat his wife sometimes". It is about the justification used by men AND women to the outside world. And of course, that`s totally different as what they feel inside. Of course women feel ashamed, and of course men know they are wrong in this.
It is only one of the examples about holding up an image that isn`t for real.
It`s not Egyptian. The only difference is the declaration to the outside world, it is religious, in Europe they would use other justifications. Every woman would feel ashamed when she had such a husband. As every women has the choice to accept or not...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
Can I ask you guys something? Who actually beat their wives? Do you personally know of anyone who beats their wife? People are obsessed with so much drama. Yes it happens and in such cases i guess love is not there AND such a man has some serious issues that are psychotic in nature. I mean do people actually beat their wives because of religion? you really believe that? These people are not religious they are criminals. That's my opinion.

If you're asking about Muslims, I did know a Muslim couple in the states (Palestinian) before I left, and she would confide in me that he was abusive to her, and once hit her on the side of the head so hard it popped her ear drum, when he took her to the hospital the hubby told the doctors that a ball hit her (the kids were playing with). I asked why she didn't say anything and she just shrugged saying, 'what can I do? I don't want to lose my kids'. She was always asking my advice legally, what are her rights, what are her chances to try to divorce and get the kids, and what happens if he takes the kids out of the country, etc., I was like, 'I'm not familiar with this kind of law I haven't a clue'.
Anyway, sad situation, but I also met girls/women (American) who got beat up by their husbands/boyfriends in the states, not many but I did come across them.
I find with the American women the problem (in my experience) was among the younger couples...the younger men tended to be more aggressive, then again I didn't really have a lot of 'older' friends so there it is.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com