EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » visa help?????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: visa help?????
jiff2744
Member # 13286

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jiff2744     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi folks
looking for some advice with applying for a UK settlement visa for my fiance. we are hoping to apply for it in aug but some have said it would help if we got married in cairo first? does anyone know if are not married and are granted the visa will we have to be mariied within 6months of being together in the UK?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You stand very little chance of getting a settlement Visa unless you are already married and can show that you have a relationship with a proper foundation to it. Each case is different and such matters as age, how you met, how long your have know each other, social background and education will very much be taken into account in assessing whether you will be granted a Visa. You may also need to show that your finances are such that you can support yourselves and not require any state aid.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jiff2744
Member # 13286

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jiff2744     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for replying. thats what i thought also think it would be nice for his family to get married over there.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uklady
Member # 11161

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for uklady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is possible depending on your circumstances! You can PM me if you like.
Posts: 142 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiselmonkey
Member # 13683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chiselmonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This part is not true of Penny's statement

"You stand very little chance of getting a settlement Visa unless you are already married "

but the rest is accurate

Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dahlia
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Dahlia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
6 month special visa to marry in UK, then after marriage & 6 months apply for settlement in UK is a good option.
Posts: 160 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amrssnowangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd recommend the following site:

www.visajourney.com

The people there can answer your questions because they are going through the process or have completed it. I see a lot of people from England and many other countries get K1 approvals. You will need to decide what is best for you. But both are equally frustrating to get with all the paperwork, documentation and waiting. Good luck.

Posts: 100 | From: Fredericksburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by amrssnowangel:
I'd recommend the following site:

www.visajourney.com

The people there can answer your questions because they are going through the process or have completed it. I see a lot of people from England and many other countries get K1 approvals. You will need to decide what is best for you. But both are equally frustrating to get with all the paperwork, documentation and waiting. Good luck.

That site is only useful for those immigrating to the US. I believe the OP is talking about immigrating to the UK. [Smile]
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com