EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » The Weekend (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Weekend
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The weekend is coming up, so what are your plans. I actually started a little early (like today [Big Grin] ) yeah I am chilling lounging, Wifi and all, drinking dirty Mexican kool aid [Big Grin] That’ll be the code name for Corona from now on [Smile]

It’s been a long time since I actually anticipated a weekend, a little over a month.

So you guys plan your weekend or enjoy it on the fly?

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
audbod
Member # 12901

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for audbod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to Sharm next Thursday so i'll be making sure i've got everything all organised for going.
Posts: 209 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydotapple
Member # 13361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydotapple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Decorating my new apartment..moving in soon..iam so excited. [Big Grin]
Posts: 212 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going with my friend, so she can get dress for a wedding she's going to.Think it'll be a long day! Maybe I can just come with you audbod!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
audbod
Member # 12901

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for audbod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know someone would be very happy if you were back in Egypt so soon, young at heart.
Posts: 209 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems like the ladies here are going to have a great time. Cheers ladies. [Smile]

Marydotapple … liss'sa za3lanah minny? [are u still upset with me? [Big Grin] ] So where are you moving from and to where are you moving to? Moving is very stressful but you are right very exciting too.

I am going to celebrate my happiness [Smile] I am so sick of people who said don't do this and don't do that. I am sure you guys know that type the ones who never take chances in life and prefer to just live a routine life.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok audbod i'll pack a mini case and meet you!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me too im on my way with YAH
well make a bash together

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
audbod
Member # 12901

Rate Member
Pity help the guys of Sharm!!!!!
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

May I ask you gals (collectively) something personal?

Re:Sharm

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Oh I'm sure the men will be safe!
audbod
Member # 12901

Rate Member
Ask away but we may not answer [Big Grin]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by audbod:
Ask away but we may not answer [Big Grin]

Thank you for giving me an ear to ear smile [Smile]

I'll ask it tommorow [Smile]

Behave yourself ladies, see you tommorow (insha allah)

audbod
Member # 12901

Rate Member
Don't make us wait that long, we won't be able to sleep [Smile]
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Oh audbod, you don't have many sleeps now!
audbod
Member # 12901

Rate Member
I've just had a lovely sms too so i think i'll be sitting here for some time.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sports & visiting a marriage...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be studying, visiting my mother on her birthday, chores, more studying, missing my son whilst he is visiting his dad, more chores, more studying..... but also, packing for our next holiday to Egypt on the 25th!
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow you are going to be busy Dawn

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
audbod
Member # 12901

Rate Member
Dawnbev, where about in Egypt are you going?
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
drinking dirty Mexican kool aid

OMG. I will have to remember that. Is there a code word for Heineken (husband's beer of choice)?
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weekend plans:

Cleaning up drool and making sure the shortest member of the family does not use his new *trick* and roll out the door or something like that. [Wink]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydotapple
Member # 13361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydotapple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It seems like the ladies here are going to have a great time. Cheers ladies. [Smile]

Marydotapple … liss'sa za3lanah minny? [are u still upset with me? [Big Grin] ] So where are you moving from and to where are you moving to? Moving is very stressful but you are right very exciting too.

I am going to celebrate my happiness [Smile] I am so sick of people who said don't do this and don't do that. I am sure you guys know that type the ones who never take chances in life and prefer to just live a routine life.

No I not upset never was..Moving from london to London..LOL moving from this tiny apartment to a large apartment with garden..yes it very stressful time with decorating and laying down tiles etc..it was just a shell when I got it..now its looking like a nest!!! LOL ..maybe 6 months time it be all ready..inshallah ..and you know it all belongs to me!Allah bless this happy time for me.
But im very tired but I dont mind this..cause it will not be forever.

Posts: 212 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marydotapple:
quote:

No I not upset never was..Moving from london to London..LOL moving from this tiny apartment to a large apartment with garden..yes it very stressful time with decorating and laying down tiles etc..it was just a shell when I got it..now its looking like a nest!!! LOL ..maybe 6 months time it be all ready..inshallah ..and you know it all belongs to me!Allah bless this happy time for me.

I know how ya feel mary, I've moved to a new condo, painting and decorating, definitely stressful. Plans for the weekend sobriquet-daughter's soccer game, hair and pedicure appointment, barbeque party at friends house on sunday.Dirty mexican koolaid,nice!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by marydotapple:
quote:

Mabrook Marydotapple on your apartment, and in London too. I guess that makes you a millionaire to approximately 90% of the world's inhabitants. [Razz]

You seem resilient, patient and determined

Beautiful qualities [Smile]

Cheers

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin No More:
quote:
drinking dirty Mexican kool aid

OMG. I will have to remember that. Is there a code word for Heineken (husband's beer of choice)?
I also love Heineken, it's very drinkable. Well we could possible code-name it Dutch Piss. [Smile] It will become confusing eventually so how about 'kool aid' being the universal code-word for all brews.
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

It's Thursday Night time and I hope you enjoy it no matter where you are in this very small world. Those of you who live in Egypt know that Thursday evenings are special for most people and not simply because it is the weekend. I will quote(loosely) an ES member from the past:

"If the sky in Cairo were to fall on a Thursday Night, women's legs would hold it up"

Ahahahahahahaha

Well once again enjoy your Thursday Night. We'll probably head out to Tche Tche Café in Abdoun but one thing is for sure there won't be any booze for me tonight [Razz] - due to tommorow's sermon.

peace

cocktail
Member # 13524

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cocktail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan to relax [Smile]
Posts: 91 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too! I need to relax after all the fun I had last night. I so didn't want to come to work this morning.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cocktail
Member # 13524

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cocktail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah well i took the day off i needed a break from work and i get Sunday off so looking forward to peace and quite on Sunday too. Thank God for weekends [Smile]
Posts: 91 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughters, whom are twins will be celebrating their 33rd birthday on 07/07/07 wooooooo wooooooo so we are going to Laughlin, Nv. It so hot there but I think it gives me a chance to get used to it so when I go to Dubai hehehe. Wish me luck on the gambling my friends.....
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
daria1975
Member # 6244

Hmmmm, I'm doing nothing but trying to put the house together before step-kids come over this weekend. I think this is a losing battle! I wanna be out having fun like the rest of you!
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha good luck dearest Lucy, and Happy birthday to your girls, they are the same age as me hehe though i am older by near 4 months.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
drinking dirty Mexican kool aid [Big Grin] That’ll be the code name for Corona from now on [Smile]

LMAO!!!!

This weekend I'm going camping - I hope the rain dies down before tomorrow morning!!

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

I’m glad to here some of you are in relax-mode. Snoozin Allah Ma3ak (May Allah be with you). [Smile]

I had a great time last night. Today is however another story and it is really silly. I mean when we came home last night, all was well, we came come and watched a couple of episodes of “Lost” season 2. Anyway so afterwards I decided to gut and clean some Hokie fish that we will eat today. So I labored for one whole hour scaling, gutting, cleaning and making them into fillets. I even cleaned up 90% afterwards. I did that last night so I wouldn’t have to deal with the fishiness of it all today, on a Friday.

Long story short I explicitly told my wife to divide the fish in half. You see it turned out to be a lot (they were frozen). I chose to buy frozen because the price is 4x more when they are fresh. Anyway, so I awoke and what do I see?!

The Fish is seasoned all the same. Some turmeric, some parsley, garlic, etc, etc. I am tired of eating them that way and so I wanted to try a new dish today. And really I would have cooked the one portion of the fish.

So my feelings are definitely hurt because I was looking forward to it. 1 whole hour dealing with fish and this was my reward.

Yes I am pouting right now and I won’t talk to her for a couple of hours if not more. Teach her ass a lesson. It’s really all silly but I want to sulk

Hmmphh

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Ok i am being a total asshat. I'll begin positive dialogue with the chick and head too Books@cafe with my laptop and kick it with you guys from there. I'm parched and need some dutch kool-aid.

laterz

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Once again there is peace in the Middle East. :-) The view from this place is just awesome but there are too many people in the terrace and I don’t want to infringe or look like some dumb tourist.

Hold on, maybe I could sneak one …. Did it and it’s a good one. I am standing on the terrace of the café on Jabal Amman and what you’re looking at is East Amman or the Ghettos on the opposite mountain.

I'll post it on the food section as we can't post pics here ... hold up

Link to pic: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=000308

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three more hours of work to go until it's officially the weekend. This day is dragging, whereas the rest of the week just flew!

My parents rented a condo right on the beach for a week so my son and I are going down tomorrow morning. I'll only be there the weekend as I think the commute would be 1 1/2 hours each way and I really don't want to do that, but my son will stay all week with them.

I'm really looking forward to it, as this place is fairly secluded and the nearest town is a mostly immigrant farming community.

The condo faces right out to the ocean, unobstructed view. It's simply heavenly. *sigh*

The only thing to figure out is how to be comfortable in long sleeves and a hijab on the beach. lol
Not that I ever wore bathing suits to the beach anyways, but short sleeves would be nice.

We'll see what happens.

Yay for the beach!
[Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cocktail
Member # 13524

Rate Member
Hey Sobriquet, i love the pic [Smile]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
Three more hours of work to go until it's officially the weekend. This day is dragging, whereas the rest of the week just flew!

My parents rented a condo right on the beach for a week so my son and I are going down tomorrow morning. I'll only be there the weekend as I think the commute would be 1 1/2 hours each way and I really don't want to do that, but my son will stay all week with them.

I'm really looking forward to it, as this place is fairly secluded and the nearest town is a mostly immigrant farming community.

The condo faces right out to the ocean, unobstructed view. It's simply heavenly. *sigh*

The only thing to figure out is how to be comfortable in long sleeves and a hijab on the beach. lol
Not that I ever wore bathing suits to the beach anyways, but short sleeves would be nice.

We'll see what happens.

Yay for the beach!
[Smile]

Wow that sounds wonderful [Smile] And think about purchasing one of those Islamic swim suits. [Smile]
The relaxing and beautiful view should be enough.

My Friday is coming to an end as i expect a call any minute now, but not before i have another pint and order a calazone to take away [Razz]

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by cocktail:
Hey Sobriquet, i love the pic [Smile]

thank you cocktail [Smile]
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sobri - what exactly is an Islamic swim suit?
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:

It's like a thin diver suit but of course not quite the same thickness(or material) and it has like a little skirt thingie covering the derriere.

It's the real deal and Islamic [Smile]

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

It's like a thin diver suit but of course not quite the same thickness(or material) and it has like a little skirt thingie covering the derriere.

Is this something like that???? How can a person swim in this?
http://northcoastonline.typepad.com/north_coast_online/images/muslim_swimsuit.jpg

Ps. I am glad to see your vocabulary improve! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
quote:
quote:

http://northcoastonline.typepad.com/north_coast_online/images/muslim_swimsuit.jpg

yeah that's pretty much it but that color is awful [Smile]

Hmmph you like my tipsy casual vocab ..kewl [Big Grin]

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're leaving for the beach now. I'm so excited.

Yay for hijabi beach girls.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
We're leaving for the beach now. I'm so excited.

Yay for hijabi beach girls.
[Big Grin]

Have fun and take a few pics of the scenery, contribute to the 'Random pic thread' [Big Grin]
marydotapple
Member # 13361

Rate Member
This weekend I recieved some islamic iteams ..some beautiful iteams for my new home..

This is most beautiful [Big Grin]

doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have the blue one in this picture: https://splas004.secure.omnis.com/store/images/uploads/model_photos.htm

I don't wear hijab when I'm in the states but I do wear this when I'm at the pool. I don't swim though. I went to Florida in April and wore it everynight when my daughters and I would go in the hottub. It's ok to walk in the pool with it to cool off but I don't know how it would be to swim laps in. I do know someone who does that and she says it's fine but I think it would take too much energy with the extra weight of the fabric. Anyway it's cool 'cause it doesn't cling as you would think it would when coming out of the water and it dries almost instantly.

I won't wear it in Alex when I'm there in two weeks though 'cause I don't swim in the ocean. I live on the ocean here in Boston and my kids and I walk the beach a lot and I just wear my skirt and shirt and get my feet wet.

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com