EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » The Weekend (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Weekend
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The weekend here has officially come to an end, Friday and Saturday comprises a normal weekend although Sunday for now is also part of my weekend [Big Grin] . Yes the monkey is off my back and I needed a night like last night. I actually saw the Amman I bargained for; I saw the tranquility of it all and on a Saturday night. You see prior to this weekend the weekends and many weekdays were uncharacteristically hectic. This was due to the fact that Palestinian expatriates from the west and the gulf surge upon Amman doubling the population and doubling the number of cars on the streets. Yes during the summer half the cars on the streets had Saudia, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain and Kuwaiti license plates, some were actually Gulfies but most were Palestinians residing in the Gulf bringing their entire families in their huge ass SUVs where the price of gas is not an issue.

Yes the transformation is on. More couples are noticeable now as opposed to huge families loitering way past midnight. I have nothing against huge families but I cherish order and hudooo and with families kids will be kids. Taxis are also more than willing to pick up passengers and for once they didn’t ask ‘where are you going’ but rather simply singled ‘get in’. It just shows how much these bastards took advantage of the situation during summer, being selective with the locations they would drive to and sometimes asking for more than what the meter actually read.

Yes good riddance to summer and the god damn inflated prices. Sales are all over the place now to and that’s what we’re waiting for because in a week or so furniture prices will drop by as much 50-70%. I know some department store are offering great prices on men and women clothes and you didn’t see this in July or mid August because the expats come and they will spend their summer money on whatever. That’s the deal here during summer prices are skyhigh and as soon as the population subside the sales are on. I am looking forward to getting me a pair of authentic Nike/Reebok kicks for $40-$50 a pair.

My only wish now is for the weather to cool down some more and for us to actually have cloudy days because it’s been cloudless since the day we arrived back in June. Well I hope you guys enjoyed your weekend, mines will be upgraded to excellent if the Yankees beat Tampa today, I guess it’s too much to ask for Seattle and Boston losses. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com