EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Visa Deptarment closed?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Visa Deptarment closed?
Black Dahlia
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Dahlia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend in Cairo just went to UK embassy to get her daughter a visa to visit UK. She said the visa dept. is closed as it is being relocated to another building and will not open until 5th july. Full biometric testing is being implimented and it will no longer be possible to get a tourist visa under 3 days. Anyone hear this?
Posts: 160 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amrssnowangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know the answer to this. But try posting this question at www.visajourney.com the people there have a wealth of information.
Posts: 100 | From: Fredericksburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goddess
Member # 7677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1062157947925

Link reveals all!

Posts: 3 | From: Egypt, Alex | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CatTheCat
Member # 13508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CatTheCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes all true! My boyfriend was supposed to go last week but had to put it off until yesterday. There were 250 people there!!

They've changed the way they do things and instead of having an interview, they've taken his application and paperwork and will do a stright rejection or acceptance. If they do have any specific questions, they'll ask him back for an interview. Should get his answer on Sunday...

Posts: 69 | From: Warwickshire - UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dahlia
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Dahlia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend text me last night. She spent 10 hours there and at embassy, but thankfully they gave her the visa for her daughter so she can take her flight on sunday. She said it was "pure hell" there!
Posts: 160 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CatTheCat
Member # 13508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CatTheCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard a similar thing from yesterday, he was there from 6am 'til 5.30pm!! Nightmare! At least your friend's visa got sorted quickly
Posts: 69 | From: Warwickshire - UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopefloats Always
Member # 4693

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopefloats Always     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where were these visas from

--------------------
Brenda

Posts: 73 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CatTheCat:
Yes all true! My boyfriend was supposed to go last week but had to put it off until yesterday. There were 250 people there!!

They've changed the way they do things and instead of having an interview, they've taken his application and paperwork and will do a stright rejection or acceptance. If they do have any specific questions, they'll ask him back for an interview. Should get his answer on Sunday...

does this only apply to toursit visas does anyone know how long it can take for a spouse visa for the uk
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CatTheCat
Member # 13508

Rate Member
Trababe - have a look on www.visainfoservices.com. As of 5 July World Bridge services are dealing with all visa applications from Egypt.
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks cat didnt know it had changed who was dealing with it
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com