EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » WHAT THE HELL ??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WHAT THE HELL ??
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell is the story with the horns in Egypt?? I have been here almost 2 years and the horns on these cars/trucks is just too much! There are some of those really large trucks that carry the gas canisters, and their horns sound like they were lifted off of a train, seriously! Everytime one goes by our apartment out on the main street on the West of the building, and BLAARRREESSS so loud my little 6-week old baby startles and wakes up screaming...

Another horn I hate? That annoying cotton-candy selling horn the guys use walking up and down the streets. TOOTT TOOALATOOOOO LAAA TOO!!
I swear, if I had a BB Gun I would just sit at the window everyday and play target practice...

[Mad]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Egypt..... [Frown]

Just try to put on the a/c on and keep the window closed while the baby is sleeping.

How is she doing? She must get everyday prettier.... [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, these horns are so loud and the narrow streets cause the sound to rise right up, nothing could keep that sound out.

She's great, thanks for asking, really a pretty little girl (I am biased, of course). [Razz]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your baby also will get used of it, and I`m amazed that you aren`t. I really don`t notice it anymore, it is even a sound that I like when I`m not there.It`s the sound of Cairo...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shahrzaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the taxi honking out a tune. Block them out??? NO... but I did want to shoot a few myself.
Posts: 156 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qmar
Member # 12602

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Qmar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my baby girl must be a typical Egyptian! She can sleep through anything. When she was newborn I used to panic as she slept soo much even with all the noise - i live in a VERY noisy area. How about the man selling Gas? He gets right on my nerves!! And beware of anyone coming to your door? (we have the famous Bird cheeping doorbell)they just don't give up..i used to think if she wakes up now i am going to seriously hurt someone...haha
Posts: 102 | From: Somewhere only we know... | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

I think my little girl is so fragile and easily startled anyway...the smallest noise and she's [Eek!] wide awake.
Yes, that man selling gas and banging the wrench against the cannisters makes me want to commit murder.
I've also had experience with people at the door who stand there ringing the doorbell for 5 minutes straight as if I didn't hear it the first 100 times! [Eek!] Hello!? I'm ignoring you, GO AWAY! [Roll Eyes]

Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ Omg I know just how you feel. The bawab used to irritate me. He would lay on it for one time 15 minutes. I wanted to strangle him. [Mad]

I so did not like the gas guys [Mad]

Whatever you do, don't do things to keep it quiet for her. I learned the hard way. She will get used to the noise. I have a cousin that coddled to her baby. She turned the phones and tv's off while he slept, etc. He is really not fun to be around. The least little thing and he's screaming. I did that to my first. Boy I wish I wouldn't have. But some babies are just more sensitive. I think most get used to it though.

Not much help am I? lol

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Lol, I guess you have a point. But I couldn't keep it quiet here if I tried! HONK HONK HONK, bang bang bang 'BASSAL!!! BING BONG BING BONG', grrrr
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
What the hell is the story with the horns in Egypt?? I have been here almost 2 years and the horns on these cars/trucks is just too much! There are some of those really large trucks that carry the gas canisters, and their horns sound like they were lifted off of a train, seriously! Everytime one goes by our apartment out on the main street on the West of the building, and BLAARRREESSS so loud my little 6-week old baby startles and wakes up screaming...

Another horn I hate? That annoying cotton-candy selling horn the guys use walking up and down the streets. TOOTT TOOALATOOOOO LAAA TOO!!
I swear, if I had a BB Gun I would just sit at the window everyday and play target practice...

[Mad]

I thought you meant horns like, longhorns... like the ones people tie to the grills of their trucks. but i guess thats just tx.
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

ROFL [Big Grin] May I be shot dead if I ever did something like that (or hang a christmas wreath from the grill). [Razz]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankfully I live in a more noisefree neighborhood. What I usually do is when my toddler goes to bed is put on the music a little and the fan on.

This lets him get a good lunchtime nap for about three hours.... so I can study with the other kids.

He's two handsfull right now with 20 months of age. And he wants to do everything, this little man! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tinakamal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahahahah
yal makin me not wanna live in a big city in egypt now
jajajajaj how about zagazig is it noisy too?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 179 | From: iowa usa | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

zagazig, reminds me of those rolling papers called ZIGZAG, what's next, a city called
EZ WIDE? [Razz]
[Big Grin]

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
zagazig, reminds me of those rolling papers called ZIGZAG, what's next, a city called
EZ WIDE? [Razz]
[Big Grin]

You naughty girl Smuckers [Big Grin] You mean EZ Wider and i'm sure you remember Bambu too [Razz]
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
quote:
EZ WIDE? [Razz]
[Big Grin]

You naughty girl Smuckers [Big Grin] You mean EZ Wider and i'm sure you remember Bambu too [Razz]
((blushing)) Hey, how do you know these things ? [Razz]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
quote:
EZ WIDE? [Razz]
[Big Grin]

((blushing)) Hey, how do you know these things ? [Razz]
I worked at a deli during summers when I was a kid and the most popular products, especially during weekends were:

Marlboro
Marlboro lights
Newport
EZ Wider
Bambu
Budweiser

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

I think you're right, EZ wider, but I'm sure VB could substantiate that. [Razz]

BTW, what is Bambu ? [Confused]

No Phillies Blunts? [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have the phillie blunts here smuck and jokers too? remember them? now all they use is the small cigars and take the tabacco out of them if you know what i mean [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

ahhhhhhhhh JOKERS [Big Grin]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
I think you're right, EZ wider, but I'm sure VB could substantiate that. [Razz]

BTW, what is Bambu ? [Confused]

No Phillies Blunts? [Big Grin]

Bambu is also rolling paper. Like you didn't know [Razz]

Phillies and Dutch Masters came a little bit down the road and with personal experience. [Big Grin]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Really, I didn't know what Bambu was. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com