EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » owwww people (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: owwww people
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I dont want to go into any details, this is a very very hard time for me, I am pleading with you to help make this time pass easily for me.

does anyone have any good/long/boring (even) stories you can share with me to help me through things [Smile]

just one request, can we all be friends for this one topic? [Smile] I need good vibes

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
would you like to have drink maybe i can advice
herb albert or kenny g till some one from your friends come online and post
amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok thanks [Smile] , tell me what is herb albert? and kenny g?
Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh hummm that would be easy

check this 2 links and tell me
what do u think
[Smile]
kenny g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LYjusrFXjs

herb alpert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-cOq_LaEZ0

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came across a website today with funny stories:

The translator story

The story goes that a prominent, married, philandering, wealthy politician took advantage of a young female Italian translator during an overseas visit. Shortly after his return home he received a phone call at his office from the woman informing him that she was pregnant and that he was definitely the father.

Seemingly experienced at dealing with such situations, the politician instructed the young woman, "I will arrange for you and the child to be provided for. Do not worry about money. I will pay ten times the typical Italian settlement, but this must be kept secret."

"I see," said the young woman, a little taken aback, but since she knew the man and his reputation she was not unduly surprised, and was also entirely happy never to see or speak to him again.

He went on, "Don't ever call me again. Send me a postcard with some sort of coded message confirming date of birth, that the child is healthy and whether a boy or girl. Use your imagination - you are a translator after all."

"As you wish," said the young woman, and ended the call.

A little under nine months later the politician's wife (who was also his PA) was opening his mail. When she came to a particular postcard the politician noticed and suddenly became attentive.

"Here's a postcard..." said his wife.

"Oh yes," said the politician, "What does it say?"

"Just a silly joke I think," said his wife, continuing, as she watched the colour drain from her husband's face, "It says: 'March 12th - Just had three big beautiful bowls of spaghetti - all with meatballs..' "

The tickle me elmo story

This allegedly took place in a factory in the USA which manufactured the 'Tickle Me Elmo' toys, (a children's plush cuddly toy which laughs when tickled under the arm). The legend has is it that a new employee was hired at the Tickle Me Elmo factory and she duly reported for her first day's induction training, prior to being allocated a job on the production line. At 08:45 the next day the personnel manager received a visit from an excited assembly line foreman who was not best pleased about the performance of the new recruit. The foreman explained that she was far too slow, and that she was causing the entire line to back-up, delaying the whole production schedule. The personnel manager asked to see what was happening, so both men proceeded to the factory floor. On arrival they saw that the line was indeed badly backed-up - there were hundreds of Tickle Me Elmos strewn all over the factory floor, and they were still piling up. Virtually buried in a mountain of toys sat the new employee earnestly focused on her work. She had a roll of red plush fabric and a bag of marbles. The two men watched amazed as she cut a little piece of fabric, wrapped it around a pair of marbles and carefully began sewing the little package between Elmo's legs. The personnel manager began to laugh, and it was some while before he could compose himself, at which he approached the trainee. "I'm sorry," he said to her, not able to disguise his amusement, "but I think you misunderstood the instructions I gave you yesterday.... Your job is to give Elmo two test tickles."

The stranger and the gingernuts story

At the airport after a tiring business trip a lady's return flight was delayed. She went to the airport shop, bought a book, a coffee and a small packet containing five gingernut biscuits. The airport was crowded and she found a seat in the lounge, next to a stranger. After a few minutes' reading she became absorbed in her book. She took a biscuit from the packet and began to drink her coffee. To her great surprise, the stranger in the next seat calmly took one of the biscuits and ate it. Stunned, she couldn't bring herself to say anything, nor even to look at the stranger. Nervously she continued reading. After a few minutes she slowly picked up and ate the third biscuit. Incredibly, the stranger took the fourth gingernut and ate it, then to the woman's amazement, he picked up the packet and offered her the last biscuit. This being too much to tolerate, the lady angrily picked up her belongings, gave the stranger an indignant scowl and marched off to the boarding gate, where her flight was now ready. Flustered and enraged, she reached inside her bag for her boarding ticket, and found her unopened packet of gingernuts...

The rest.......

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just me
Member # 13160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wanderer:
While I dont want to go into any details, this is a very very hard time for me, I am pleading with you to help make this time pass easily for me.

does anyone have any good/long/boring (even) stories you can share with me to help me through things [Smile]

just one request, can we all be friends for this one topic? [Smile] I need good vibes

no long boring stories, just wishing you to feel better soon, keep smiling
Posts: 76 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One day a guy dies and finds himself in hell. As he is wallowing in despair he has his first meeting with a demon...

Demon: Why so glum chum?
Guy: What do you think? I'm in hell.
Demon: Hell's not so bad. We actually have a lot of fun down here...you a drinkin' man?
Guy: Sure, I love to drink. Love the drinks.
Demon: Well you're gonna love Mondays then. On Mondays that's all we do is drink. Whiskey, tequila, Guinness, wine coolers, diet tab, and fresca...we drink till we throw up and then we drink some more!
Guy: Gee that sounds great.

Demon: You a smoker?
Guy: You better believe it! Love the smoking.
Demon: Alright! You're gonna love Tuesdays. We get the finest cigars from all over the world and smoke our lungs out. If you get cancer - no biggie - you're already dead remember?
Guy: Wow...that's...awesome!

Demon: I bet you like to gamble.
Guy: Why yes as a matter of fact I do. Love the gambling.
Demon: Cause Wednesday you can gamble all you want. Craps, Blackjack, Roulette, Poker, Slots, whatever... If you go Bankrupt...well you're dead anyhow.

Demon: You into drugs?
Guy: Are you kidding? Love drugs! You don't mean...
Demon: That's right! Thursday is drug day. Help yourself to a great big bowl of crack. or smack. Smoke a doobie the size of a submarine. You can do all the drugs you want and if ya overdose - that's right - you're dead - who cares! O.D.!!
Guy: Yowza! I never realized Hell was such a swingin' place!!

Demon: You gay?
Guy: Uh no.

Demon: Ooooh [Eek!] you're really gonna hate Fridays.

--------------------
Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Army's Camel
A Captain in the foreign legion was transfered to a desert outpost. On his orientation tour he noticed a very old, seedy looking camel tied out back of the enlisted mens barracks. He asked the Sargent leading the tour,

"What's the camel for?".

The Sargent replied "Well sir it's a long way from anywhere, and the men have natural sexual urges, so when they do, uh, we have the camel."

The captain said "Well if it's good for moral, then I guess it's all right with me."

After he had been at the fort for about 6 months the captain could not stand it any more so he told his Sargent, "BRING IN THE CAMEL!!!" The sarge shrugged his shoulders and led the camel into the captains quarters.

The captain got a foot stool & proceeded to have vigorous sex with the camel. As he stepped, satisfied, down from the stool, and was buttoning his pants he asked the Sargent, "Is that how the enlisted men do it?"

The Sargent replied, "Well sir, they usually just use the camel to ride into town to find the women.

Decomposing...
A tourist in Vienna is going through a graveyard and all of a sudden he hears some music. No one is around, so he starts searching for the source. He finally locates the origin and finds it is coming from a grave with a headstone that reads: Ludwig van Beethoven, 1770-1827. Then he realizes that the music is the Ninth Symphony and it is being played backward ! Puzzled, he leaves the graveyard and persuades a friend to return with him.

By the time they arrive back at the grave, the music has changed. This time it is the Seventh Symphony, but like the previous piece, it is being played backward. Curious, the men agree to consult a music scholar. When they return with the expert, the Fifth Symphony is playing, again backward. The expert notices that the symphonies are being played in the reverse order in which they were composed, the 9th, then the 7th, then the 5th.

By the next day the word has spread and a throng has gathered around the grave. They are all listening to the Second Symphony being played backward. Just then the graveyard's caretaker ambles up to the group. Someone in the crowd asks him if he has an explanation for the music. "Don't you get it?" the caretaker says incredulously. "He's decomposing!" [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Male stripper
The other day, my friends and I went to a Ladies Night Club. One of the girls wanted to impress the rest of us, so she pulled out a $10 bill. When the male dancer came over to us, my friend licked the $10 bill and stuck it to his butt cheek!
Not to be outdone, another friend pulls out a $20 bill. She calls the guy back over, licks the $20 bill, and sticks it to his other butt cheek. In another attempt to impress the rest of us, my third friend pulls out a $50 bill and calls the guy over, and licks the bill. I'm worried about the way things are going, but fortunately she just stuck it to one of his butt cheeks, again. My relief was short lived. Seeing the way things are going, the guy gyrates over to me! Now everyone's attention is focused on me, and the guy's egging me on to try to top the $50. My brain was churning as I reached for my wallet. What could I do? Then the marketer in me took over! I got out my ATM card, swiped it down the crack of his ass, grabbed the 80 bucks, and went home. . . [Razz]

--------------------
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my contribution for you:

Please live on a day to day basis.
Forget yesterday, forget tomorrow
Focus on this moment, enjoy it, and everyday will pass quicker.
Keep busy, concentrate on something you are doing NOW, cooking or reading or listening to music or watching TV or going for a walk, or cleaning the house, or organizing your closets, or working, focus on the moment.

Take a deep breath, and remember the following eight words:

'Our life is what our thoughts make it!'

And a 'Mother Goose' rhyme:

For every ailment under the sun,
There is a remedy, or there is none;
If there is one, FIND IT,
If there is none, never mind it!

On this note, I wish you a great TODAY! [Wink]

quote:

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more thing:

I had the blues because I had no shoes,
Until upon the street, I met a man without feet!

[Smile]

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
10 RULES YOUR TEEN WON'T BE LEARNING IN SCHOOL

1. Life is not fair. Get used to it. The average teenager uses the phrase "It's not fair" 86 times a day.
2. The real world won't care as much about your self-esteem as your school does. This may come as a shock.
3. Sorry, you won't make $40,000 a year right out of high school. And you won't be vice-president or have a car phone, either. You may even have to wear a uniform that doesn't have a designer label.
4. If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss!
5. Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger flipping -- they called it opportunity.
6. It's not your parents' fault if you mess up. You're responsible. This is the flip side of "It's my life" and "You're not my boss."
7. Before you were born, your parents weren't boring. They got that way paying your bills and listening to you.
8. Life is not divided into semesters. And you don't get summers off. Not even Spring Break. Your are expected to show up every day for eight hours, and you don't get a new life every 10 weeks.
9. Smoking does not make you look cool. Watch an 11 year old with a butt in his mouth. That's what you look like to anyone over 20.
10. Your school may be "outcome-based," but life isn't. In some schools, you're given as many times as you want to get the answer right. Standards are set low enough so everyone can meet them. This, of course, bears not the slightest resemblance to anything in real life -- as you will find out.

--------------------
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wanderer ~ I'll just say "believe." Believe that you will be happy. Believe that your life is good despite this setback. Believe that you will get whatever you want because you deserve it. Whatever you think about, worry about, dwell on is what you will draw to you, so make sure you think about all the feelings you want and all the things you want. [Smile]
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi wanderer,
If it helps you any, I just wanted to let you know that one of your posts gave me an epiphany and really helped me make the right decision about something (though I'd prefer not to get into details about it). I cannot remember which thread it was on, but I am really glad I came across your wise words [Smile] It has been one of those little things I meant to mention to you, but was worried as sometimes I'm a bit too friendly, I'd scare you or something. In any case I wish you all the best with whatever is going on, and I will think good thoughts for you (or mention you in my prayers if I did not offend you by that) [Smile]

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well here's a little (stupid) story for you. There was this street artist that I didn't realize was famous (kinda) and he used to write on the sidewalks, and I'd see his stuff all over for years. Well last summer, or maybe the one before I met him in his little studio/store just by chance I walked in (it was near a restaurant I was going to). As great as he was and as much as I thought he was a 'local' artist he came off so full of himself. But I still have to admit his stuff is very simple yet I think it's adorable--I have this poster by him up that I find very inspirational. It was a weird thing for me, especially as I had met a 'star' by chance that I happened to think was really full of himself and in real life he turned out to be the most humble and polite guy. I was in total shock, or maybe as one of my friends said that guys are always nice around girls. But in comparing him vs. mr. local artist it was really surprising.

I hope you didn't fall asleep during my pointless story [Smile]

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zykTpmCIekU

sorry whatever you are going thru but we are all here for you.
only god knows why!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:

sorry whatever you are going thru but we are all here for you.

i love this song thanks micky for bringing it in the morning [Smile]
pleasant surprise [Smile]
amr

Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Good Morning wanderer!

From Practical Psychology here is something to ponder;

Action seems to follow feeling, but really, action and feeling go together; and by regulating the action, which is under the more direct control of the will, we can indirectly regulate the feeling which is not!

In other words: we can't instantly change our emotions, just by 'making up our minds to' but we can change our actions. And when we change our actions we will automatically change our feelings!

We are not hurt so much by what 'happened' but by our opinion of what happened!

Wishing you a cheerful day. You can make it happen! [Wink]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almaz, think you must be a little bit more specific. What kind of changing should you suggest?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Specific:

Action: Calling someone that does not show interest, result: direct rejection
Feeling: OUCH...
Action: Stop calling
Feeling: No direct rejection, less OUCH

Feeling: depressed
Action: get busy
Feeling: absorbed with tasks, thus less depressed [Wink]

Feeling: unhappy
Action: let me go see a comedy
Feeling: better

Feeling: angry
Action: do a good deed
Feeling: happy with one's self - anger fades

Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Let me add:

To achieve the Change in 'action' in order to reach a Change in 'feeling':

Simple recipe: Self Talk!

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
thank you all for your good stories and advice, they are definately helping [Smile]

cairobug, i am so glad something i said helped you [Smile] that has made my day, when ever i think i am wasting my time on es, i will now think of you and know that being on here really can make a difference to us all [Smile]

you are all great people [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we are all glad i am sure that this might be helping even if it is in a small way. i hope you have a better week ahead, may god bless you through the tough times ,again i will add this. listen to the words

sorry whatever you are going threw but we are all here for you.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Thanks Micky and Amr for the music.

It was good.

Micky that took me back to when i used to go to gigs [Smile]

I saw Motley crue, Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne amoung others - seems like a lifetime away!!!! [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
well think of the good times then you get back there i pray,
i left my hubby in Egypt feb and am still going through the process of the last papers for him to come to me,i guess we all go through some tough times in our lives , but i think this has been the worst 7 months in my life to have to wait to be with the one you love.so what i do is think of all the good times we share when we are together and i also have a support group that i chat with to get me through. they are one of the best people to talk to they are going through the same things as me and are there to support me and i for them.

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
thats good, it certainly isnt something i think i could could do, but i guess we all adapt to our circumstances, i have never been in your position, so i can only imagine how hard it must be for you.

inshaAllah you wont have to wait too long [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
thank you wanderer, i appreciate those words from you. [Smile] i would like to pm you but you don't have that set up. i am just concerned for you and i want things to get better for you [Smile]
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
inshaAllah they will get better, it is enough for me to have people to chat with that take my mind off things [Smile] trouble is i might just sit here all day [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i wish i could , but have what you call a dreaded job waiting for me to get to. [Big Grin] i will pray that things will get better and i know they will try to have a great day [Wink]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Almaz.:
Let me add:

To achieve the Change in 'action' in order to reach a Change in 'feeling':

Simple recipe: Self Talk!

Keeping yourself busy indeed will set your mind free for the moment. But, when people seriously feel depressed this should mean that they have to keep themselves busy for the whole day, and push negative thoughts away. I don`t think this will work on long terms, because often the depressed feelings show up in a later period.

When it is really serious, it is better to talk about it regularry. And also this has to be regulated. Permit yourself to talk about it, for instance one hour a day (if needed) and work downwards to one hour 5 times a week, 3 times a week, once a week, once in 2 weeks etc... Outside of this talking moments you have to force yourself to not think about it, only during these exclusive talking times.
In this way you are training yourself and at a certain moment you will find yourself in a position that you don`t need them anymore...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
The nicest Email Ever

I AM THANKFUL:
FOR THE WIFE
WHO SAYS IT'S HOT DOGS TONIGHT,
BECAUSE SHE IS HOME WITH ME,
AND NOT OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

FOR THE HUSBAND
WHO IS ON THE SOFA
BEING A COUCH POTATO,
BECAUSE HE IS HOME WITH ME
AND NOT OUT AT THE BARS.

FOR THE TEENAGER
WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING DISHES
BECAUSE IT MEANS SHE IS AT HOME,
NOT ON THE STREETS.

FOR THE TAXES I PAY
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM EMPLOYED .

FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE
BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.

FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.

FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORK
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINE

FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING,
WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING,
AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME .

FOR ALL THE C OMPLAINING
I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT
BECAUSE IT MEANS
WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH. .

FOR THE PARKING SPOT
I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING
AND I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION .

FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM WARM.

FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH
WHO SINGS OFF KEY BECAUSE IT MEANS
I CAN HEAR.

FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.

FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES
AT THE END OF THE DAYBECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN
CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.

FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF
IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM ALIVE.

AND FINALLY, FOR TOO MUCH E-MAIL
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE
FRIENDS WHO ARE THINKING OF ME.

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have news for you wanderer.

On this great day 15th Shabaan 1428 H. corresponding to August 27th, 2007 C.E, I Sobriquet have tasted fresh brewed coffee in my residence for the first time since moving here.

That’s right it’s goodbye instant coffee and hello home brewed coffee thanks to my new coffee maker. [Big Grin] Also occurring on this great day was embarrassment suffered by Mrs.Sobriquet who walked out through the cashier line without paying for a bag of veggies. [Big Grin] Sheeesh I was embarrassed to, [Embarrassed] it was an accident because we were shopping and she went back to get the vegetable. So she weighed it and held the bag in her hand not putting it in the cart, then after checking out we went to this counter where they give you one coupon for every 10 JD ($14) of purchase, so I am filling these coupons out and putting them in a draw box, the top winner is to receive a new car. Long story short this lady goes up to my wife and says something to her, while my wife is still clutching the vegetables in her hand. I saw the look on her face and I was like just go and pay. [Smile] Yeah I teased her good and well about it [Big Grin]

Have a nice day

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very wise, Almaz., very wise.
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I AM THANKFUL:
FOR THE PARKING SPOT
I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING
AND I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION .

VERY NICE [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wanderer, I hope that you find a way to cope with whatever is making you unhappy right now. I don't have any long stories to offer, nor advice - just my best wishes.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Thank you to all every else I havent thanked yet, it really means a lot to me that I can come here to take my mind off things. [Smile]

this should be a pretty good feel good thread for anyone who isn't having such a good day!

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salaams Wanderer, hope you feel better soon. Here's a thought to put in your head, keep in mind i would never really do this but thinking about it makes people smile... Standing 5 floors up looking down at the sidewalk with people walking by, small market that is right below the window, people stop and look, ever think of dropping a water balloon on them?? making sure to stay back just enough so that no one would know just where it came from hahahahahaha i am horrible i know and i wouldnt do it, but found myself looking down one day, it was hot out and thinking of how funny it would be, mostly with the children that were running around and pouring water on themselves a bit to cool off. I often have water balloon fights with my children back home so, i dont know, its nice memories for me.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
ok, its good mysticheart...but its just not good enough, i'm still sad, what would REALLY work for me, is if you ACTUALLY load up your water balloons and drop them on the unsuspecting passers by [Big Grin]

Where's sobriquet when we need him? we need a picture of this [Smile]

Ow i forgot he's probaby bailing Mrs Sobriquet out of jail [Smile]

Thanks Mystic

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha i kept this thought to myself for days, then one day i was standing at that window and called to momen, he says what, i said ever thought of dropping water balloons from this window on the people below?? They are perfect targets standing there at the market below. I havent done it but i tell you, if i could manage to find balloons here i would definitely start a water balloon fight with momen here in the flat, the place would be an absolute flood hahahahahaha. Perhaps i should call yorkie and sit at the window waiting for her as she walks under and drop a bucket of water on her hahahahahahahahaha...

--------------------

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Hehe to sobriquet, Oops, we have all done it at one point or another hahahaha

--------------------

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
yeah of course we have, I have even taken things home before i realised!
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey girl, yes you boo.

Coffeemaker update:

I am not satisfied with it. The coffee does not come out piping hot. It is hot enough but when I add milk it turns to just very warm. I mean can I just like buy something without having to do thorough research on it! Damn! It’s a B&D too and so one would think that brand is reliable.

I am taking it back. I need something more powerful, more wattage or stronger built in water heater, i guess.

See ya later.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
good luck. i have a( Melitta mill and brew) and it grinds my coffee first then makes it it stays piping hot for 1 hour then shuts itself off for safety . i love it

how are you doing wanderer? getting any better i hope? [Wink]

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember...

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
good luck. i have a( Melitta mill and brew) and it grinds my coffee first then makes it it stays piping hot for 1 hour then shuts itself off for safety . i love it

how are you doing wanderer? getting any better i hope? [Wink]

Thanks mickey, it sounds like you have a real good one, i'll let you know if they exchange it tonight, when my wife takes it back, i have had enough of shopping and consumerism for one day.

Wanderer where are you? Hope all is well.

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Damn!!! They wouldn't take it back because:

"how can we take it back and it smells like coffee"

Damn!!! Carrefour has a 14 day no questions asked return policy, the place we got it from sucks!!

They however left the window slightly open by saying: Leave it on burner for a few minutes to heat more and if you are not happy with it, return it to us and maybe we could discuss it with B&D.

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

It was good.

I saw Motley crue, Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne amoung others - seems like a lifetime away!!!! [Big Grin]

Never saw Aerosmith or Ozzy, but I did see Motley Crue, Black Crowes, Queensryche, Metallica, AC/DC & Stone Temple Pilots.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:

It was good.

Never saw Aerosmith or Ozzy, but I did see Motley Crue, Black Crowes, Queensryche, Metallica, AC/DC & Stone Temple Pilots.
How about kiss? I saw them when they were touring with aerosmith about 4 yrs ago. Also motley crue, whitesnake, rattlebasket. I was supposed to go to ozzfest but i've just been too busy this summer. Did see black label society though.
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

I still have several of my old Kiss LPs!!

Another memorable concert was NIN, Skid Row & GnR in '92.

Kiss....aren't they in wheelchairs now?

--------------------

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gene Simmons has his own reality show on the A&E channel. It's entertaining.

http://www.aetv.com/genesimmonsfamilyjewels/

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com