EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Men of gold? Why American women are more present. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Men of gold? Why American women are more present.
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I can, but I won't do it because you got to do some work on your own. You have internet, click on google.com and put some hours into research. Go to libraries, take some classes, talk to people who work on this issue, find out and read more about "fatherless america", live in other countries, see how other people view love/marriage/families... see the differences and levels of values, compare, anaylze, experience and come back to talk about it.

I would be all ears.

Otherwise, I see no point as I am not here to convince anyone, I was only stating MY PREFERENCE and presenting it with a few facts. Now I got to go.

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.photius.com/feminocracy/facts_on_fatherless_kids.html
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok folks I am done for today. [Smile]
Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lovingmylife:
Yes I can, but I won't do it because you got to do some work on your own. You have internet, click on google.com and put some hours into research. Go to libraries, take some classes, talk to people who work on this issue, find out and read more about "fatherless america", live in other countries, see how other people view love/marriage/families... see the differences and levels of values, compare, anaylze, experience and come back to talk about it.

I would be all ears.

Otherwise, I see no point as I am not here to convince anyone, I was only stating MY PREFERENCE and presenting it with a few facts. Now I got to go.

So you got those stats from nowhere? Otherwise you would have them handy to give us the link where you found them, ok...fair enough.

BTW I have lived in America all of my life and have now lived in Egypt for the last two years and I still have no idea what you are talking about...I think you're twisting facts to suit your preferences about American men and that may backfire on you one day.

YOU are the one who said the values of Americans are skewed in proportion to those values of other cultures, so what are you talking about search the web ? [Confused] Those are your opinions, I merely wanted to know more in depth what you meant.

You refuse to say which state you are from, which is your right, but I thought perhaps it could affect your experiences. Have it your way.

BTW thanks to Micky for her link, I'll check it out. [Smile]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already posted some links. You got to do your own research. If you research you will find it on the web. Listen, have a great day everyone. [Wink]
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I would be all ears.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with American Men that is not wrong with other men in the world. No where else can you get any flavor you want like America. I have dated many men of all different backrounds,and married a man who was part American Indian . This country is so mixed, how can you seriously say you will not date an "American man" ? If you are interested in Arab men- go out the door and get one. Do they automatically not qualify as dating material once they move here, and become an Arab American [Confused] [Confused] You can say the same for any other man who comes from a different country yet immigrates to the USA. Sweeping generalizations are really not fair, it should be just a matter of who you connect with, who you fall in love with . American Men, even though I still stand behind my statement that they feel a sense of superiority and entitlement above the rest of the men in the world [Wink] , are still wonderful.A man with flaws can come from anywhere, its just matter of a character flaw that makes them a dog.I would not consider not dating someone cause of where they were born, country of origin or anything silly like that. A dog is a dog , players dont have boundaries, and this kind of behavior is the same around the world .
As for them not being family oriented, that is just a load of crap. My ex was right there with the kids, changing diapers and rocking them to sleep. When they were older, he would brush their hair, he even learned how to french braid [Big Grin] In the end, maybe our marriage didnt work out, but he was a very family oriented man and most of our activities were family oriented.Most men I know want to have a partner to share their lives with and raise a family.
Why not make the American women share responsibility for the amount of single parent homes?? Lets be realistic, how many women didnt protect themselves with birth control and these men who thought they were having a casual relationship were forced into being fathers?? Men arent the only reason here for this. Women are willing participants in sexual relations and alot of them dont take responsibilty for this [Frown] .

In the end, it's all about who you fall in love with. I happened to fall in love with a man who was a friend and it turned to love,the fact that he's from egypt shouldnt be the issue. He could be down the street, on the moon, or living in timbuktu..He just is the man who stole my heart. [Smile] Lets stop with all the generalizations. Make it about two hearts connecting, and realize that relations can go bad no matter where, how you meet or what culture you are...

Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, well, back to the main topic then, I agree with what was said previously, the amount of American women interested specifically in Egyptian men must be so low to the numbers of American women who are not in relationships with Egyptian men. There are many women in America who have an aversion to Middle Eastern men, in general, given the current political and religious climate of our world today.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the end, it's all about who you fall in love with. I happened to fall in love with a man who was a friend and it turned to love,the fact that he's from Egypt shouldn't be the issue. He could be down the street, on the moon, or living in Timbuktu..He just is the man who stole my heart. [Smile] Lets stop with all the generalizations. Make it about two hearts connecting, and realize that relations can go bad no matter where, how you meet or what culture you are...

this is right on the money Rumicrazieluv and so true.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It started as an innocent question about an average issue to me, and I thought it was a bit funny kind of question, maybe based on something we did not know. It was all meant about a group of people in common, but it seems that it is not possible to talk in common.
Why are people making topics personally?
Why cant a statement in which many of us dont agree be discussed in the way it was meant: in general?
Is it THAT tempting to end in personal attacks and assumings instead as having a good discussion?
Also this has to do with respect another person...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LML, I don't see anyone saying you don't have a right to your choice of whom you would like to marry.

What people are objecting to is that you are generalizing a whole country which is HUGE.

Now if I say woman in Plano are superficial, bleach blonds with fake fingernails and breast implants. Although Plano is a very small population of the US this has some basis of truth in this city because you can find a number of women there who fit this description. But you can also find an equal or greater number there that do not. And this is one very small city in America.

Now are you speaking for the West or East coast or the North and south of America? Because there are certain generalizations associated with these. There are also generalizations associated with states. Do you speak for Texas (a red state) or Massachusetts (a blue state)? And even if you speak for one of these states not every citizen in the state is the same. Believe it or not there are American Muslims. There are Americian Indians, Mexican Americans, French Americans...I infact am American/Italian.

Prince of Nothing is right about enviorment having effects on relationships. Look at the effect the enviorment has on relationships there in Egypt. We have even have a name for the predicament we are in. We call it the "Rate Race".

No one cares who your choice of a mate is. We honor your choice. Maybe that is one reason for the high divorce rate in America. Woman have a choice. And we no longer endure a bad situation as woman in some cultures are forced to do.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"No one cares who your choice of a mate is. We honor your choice. Maybe that is one reason for the high divorce rate in America. Woman have a choice. And we no longer endure a bad situation as woman in some cultures are forced to do. "

Very true,I agree with this 100%. I think added to this is the fact that women have solid careers and are able to financially take care of themselves now, so they dont really have a reason anymore to stay in a bad marriage.

Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

You refuse to say which state you are from, which is your right, but I thought perhaps it could affect your experiences.

Oh I don't like that someone gets judged because of his/her whereabouts.

Smuckers, are you implying that men are good or bad depending on their location????

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hesmydream:
I predict you will meet an American man, fall in love, get married, and have 17 children. LOL

LOLOL.... now wouldn't that be something!!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
"No one cares who your choice of a mate is. We honor your choice. Maybe that is one reason for the high divorce rate in America. Woman have a choice. And we no longer endure a bad situation as woman in some cultures are forced to do. "

Very true,I agree with this 100%. I think added to this is the fact that women have solid careers and are able to financially take care of themselves now, so they dont really have a reason anymore to stay in a bad marriage.

Financial independancy is one the reasons of it. To me personally, I think that other expectations of marriage in common, are the main reason. Many people know the "Is this all there is" feeling what irrevocable arises in every relation. One leaves more and more their own way, unsatisfied, and open to everything that can cross their road on such moment. And then it can happen that they meet someone else, who seems to satisfy their feelings more. It is only temporary, but many dont realise this...
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
LML, I don't see anyone saying you don't have a right to your choice of whom you would like to marry.

What people are objecting to is that you are generalizing a whole country which is HUGE.

Now if I say woman in Plano are superficial, bleach blonds with fake fingernails and breast implants. Although Plano is a very small population of the US this has some basis of truth in this city because you can find a number of women there who fit this description. But you can also find an equal or greater number there that do not. And this is one very small city in America.

Now are you speaking for the West or East coast or the North and south of America? Because there are certain generalizations associated with these. There are also generalizations associated with states. Do you speak for Texas (a red state) or Massachusetts (a blue state)? And even if you speak for one of these states not every citizen in the state is the same. Believe it or not there are American Muslims. There are Americian Indians, Mexican Americans, French Americans...I infact am American/Italian.

Prince of Nothing is right about enviorment having effects on relationships. Look at the effect the enviorment has on relationships there in Egypt. We have even have a name for the predicament we are in. We call it the "Rate Race".

No one cares who your choice of a mate is. We honor your choice. Maybe that is one reason for the high divorce rate in America. Woman have a choice. And we no longer endure a bad situation as woman in some cultures are forced to do.

LOL if you're talking about Plano, Texas then yes. [Razz] Ok, nevermind. [Big Grin]

Interesting idea, also I guess we could say in the same breath that perhaps there are really MORE bad marriages in other cultures than meets the eye, we simply don't notice it because the women feel trapped in this marriage for social/economic reasons.
Thank God we have the ability to get out of a bad situation if we choose, also to remarry if we choose, if the situation is a bad one. I think one of the biggest saddnesses in other cultures is that the women don't remarry often, as they are considered damaged goods, used material, whereas the men are able to easily. As if only the men are deserving of happiness.

BTW TL, that isn't what I meant, it was just two thoughts put into the same sentence. [Wink]

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
quote:

Financial independancy is one the reasons of it. To me personally, I think that other expectations of marriage in common, are the main reason. Many people know the "Is this all there is" feeling what irrevocable arises in every relation. One leaves more and more their own way, unsatisfied, and open to everything that can cross their road on such moment. And then it can happen that they meet someone else, who seems to satisfy their feelings more. It is only temporary, but many dont realise this...
??? could you plz clarify a little better. Im not quite understanding you. I dont want to assume your saying that women like to divorce cause they have a pocketful of cash , or they have low morals, so they will leave their husbands on a whim when a nice piece of eye candy passes their way [Frown] . This is what I got from what you said, so if this isnt what your saying, plz clarify a little better. Thank you [Smile]
Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lovingmylife,

Have you ever visited America? If so was it anywhere outside of a large city?

You will find the same **** in any large city in any country, Cairo, New york, London... all the same problems in these large areas.

I advise you to visit the roots of America, the midwest, smaller communities, etc. before making sweeping generalizations about people there. I think you will be shocked in your realizations.

I'm a 32 yr old American man. I've raised my now 11 year old son since he was 2 months on my own when his mother left us. We are not in poverty, I make $150,000 a year, and I also home school my son. I, along with my family and friends believe in strong family values, good morals and ethics. I am also not a "rich" guy. I started my life working on a farm and then a factory, and now an engineer. Very hard work in which I learned many things. Today I use that knowledge to earn my living, and I'm proud that I have worked hard for it and was not given to me.

I think you will find many people like this in America if you open your eyes beyond "stats" and the large cesspool cities.

Most people who know us in Egypt think we are Egyptian because of our strong values. Imagine that. We also do not believe what the media tries to spoon feed us here... it's all lies. Everything on TV is a lie and just for entertainment or controlling people... the govt's create the news, its not even real.

Yes there are many people in America with rotten or no values, but you will find this everywhere. So please don't put all of us under your same idea.

You can marry or be with whoever you want of course that is your choice and God given right as it should be. But I disagree with you putting everyone in the same logic.

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazey
Member # 14107

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mazey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I respect your option LML I must disagree with you, yes America has many problems regarding family values but I don’t believe it can all be blamed on American men. Yes, there are millions of single mothers but not all are from broken marriages or situations where the man ran away from responsibility. Some women don’t want marriage; just children and some refuse to let the father be a part of their life and just because some mothers are single don’t mean their children’s fathers are not part of their lives.

If a couple becomes pregnant before marriage and it wasn’t planned what should they do? Some get married because they think it’s “the right thing to do” and have the child, some have abortions and terminate the pregnancy, some have the child but the parents stay together and maybe some day get married to each other when they are ready, some have the child and are single parents and others give the baby up for adoption. These are all the outcome of premarital sex. Are you saying this doesn’t happen where you live? I may have gone a bit off the subject here, but I don’t think American men are all to blame for the single mother crisis you think America has.

You also bring up the subject about lesbian/gay couples raising children, as if you don’t approve of it or if it’s a bad thing. Many of these couples adopt children, children that were unwanted by their parents. Many healthy infants in the adoption centers are adopted very quickly, but then there are those that are a bit older or maybe have a disability, some of these children will stay there for years and many never get adopted, they live their childhood with no parents and often turn to drugs and crime when they become adults. While I don’t approve of lesbian/gay activity I don’t think they should be turned away of giving a child a loving and caring home. Some people think that kids raised by lesbian/gay couples will become lesbian/gay, I don’t know if that is true but I do know I would rather live amongst them rather than rapists and murders.

I think there are a lot of women/men that would not marry outside of their culture, but to be single minded and not be open to the possibility seems unfair, a man’s values are not always that same as his countries.

Posts: 81 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Ford Prefect:
lovingmylife,

Have you ever visited America? If so was it anywhere outside of a large city?

You will find the same **** in any large city in any country, Cairo, New york, London... all the same problems in these large areas.

I advise you to visit the roots of America, the midwest, smaller communities, etc. before making sweeping generalizations about people there. I think you will be shocked in your realizations.

I'm a 32 yr old American man. I've raised my now 11 year old son since he was 2 months on my own when his mother left us. We are not in poverty, I make $150,000 a year, and I also home school my son. I, along with my family and friends believe in strong family values, good morals and ethics. I am also not a "rich" guy. I started my life working on a farm and then a factory, and now an engineer. Very hard work in which I learned many things. Today I use that knowledge to earn my living, and I'm proud that I have worked hard for it and was not given to me.

I think you will find many people like this in America if you open your eyes beyond "stats" and the large cesspool cities.

Most people who know us in Egypt think we are Egyptian because of our strong values. Imagine that. We also do not believe what the media tries to spoon feed us here... it's all lies. Everything on TV is a lie and just for entertainment or controlling people... the govt's create the news, its not even real.

Yes there are many people in America with rotten or no values, but you will find this everywhere. So please don't put all of us under your same idea.

You can marry or be with whoever you want of course that is your choice and God given right as it should be. But I disagree with you putting everyone in the same logic.

Wonderful...I'm so happy to see you here Ford, hope you stick around ES. [Smile]
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL if you're talking about Plano, Texas then yes. Ok, nevermind.

Yes, You know what I'm talking about Smuckers. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

"Wonderful...I'm so happy to see you here Ford, hope you stick around ES. "

Yes, me too. A big Welcome ford [Smile] !!Even though Im a chevy gal, you represent really nice, so I'll forgive ya for using the" F " word [Razz] [Wink] [Wink]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

OF_gold, of course, I almost moved there a few years ago...I could have become a stepford wife or something. [Razz]
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the warm welcome! Smuckers I have been lurking here for a couple years now, I should post more but life keeps me busy at times [Wink]

Rumi, I am a Jeep guy actually heheh, but I used to have a Chevy too. [Razz] My name on here is a character in one of my favorite books (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy).

I am in Sharm this week visiting the brother of my fiance of two years. (she is in Cairo). We are working out marriage details. It's been a great week! We already feel very much like brothers, and best of all we think very much alike on many issues [Smile] We both think our families will be a good match. happy days!

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Oh, another Westerner who's taking an Egyptian woman to his wife! Congratulations and all the best to the both of you. [Smile]
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

quote:
Thank you for the warm welcome! Smuckers I have been lurking here for a couple years now, I should post more but life keeps me busy at times [Wink]

Rumi, I am a Jeep guy actually heheh, but I used to have a Chevy too. [Razz] My name on here is a character in one of my favorite books (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy).

I am in Sharm this week visiting the brother of my fiance of two years. (she is in Cairo). We are working out marriage details. It's been a great week! We already feel very much like brothers, and best of all we think very much alike on many issues [Smile] We both think our families will be a good match. happy days!

Good for you ford. I never read the book, but it sounds like something I would like. I'll look for it. I wish you all the best, to you and your future wife [Smile] [Smile]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:

Never read the book but saw the movie, I heard it was a poor in comparison.
BTW, which part of the states are you from? Sure is nice to have another American man in the forum. [Smile]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
quote:

??? could you plz clarify a little better. Im not quite understanding you. I dont want to assume your saying that women like to divorce cause they have a pocketful of cash , or they have low morals, so they will leave their husbands on a whim when a nice piece of eye candy passes their way [Frown] . This is what I got from what you said, so if this isnt what your saying, plz clarify a little better. Thank you [Smile]
I mean: In every marriage the feelings are changing during time, and at a certain moment everybody will get the feeling like a bit bored. Nothing new, nothing excited, and slowly it turns into a kind of living-next-to-each-other situation. Man goes his own way, woman goes her own way. The attention for each other seems to be gone, and they get that "is that all there is" feeling. It is emotional, not economical.
They dont feel beloved anymore, they dont share anymore.
And they both didnt expect that at the time they were married. They need that attention, that care, that love, and are searching for something what can satisfy their needs.
Instead of unite back to each other, they are walking their own way.
That is the moment where women can decide to devorce. Men dont do that so quickly, unless they bump into a willing woman who seems to give them what they need.
Women can focus on kids, on family, or maybe on a pc. [Wink]
But, its temporary. Because they will reach that same moment again.
Marriage means working, to keep it good, to keep it excited, and to pay attention.
So, it has nothing to do with money, but with the attention that they have for each other.

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

"Instead of unite back to each other, they are walking their own way.
That is the moment where women can decide to devorce. Men dont do that so quickly, unless they bump into a willing woman who seems to give them what they need.
Women can focus on kids, on family, or maybe on a pc.
But, its temporary. Because they will reach that same moment again.
Marriage means working, to keep it good, to keep it excited, and to pay attention.
So, it has nothing to do with money, but with the attention that they have for each other. "

Ok, Im glad I asked you to clarify. In some ways I agree with you, but then others I do not. American women love just as deeply , we dont walk away for such simple reasons. You ask that people dont make assumptions, but as an American Woman on this board, we have all sorts of shallow assumptions made about us- We are shallow, we walk away easily,and we desperately seek foreign men because we cannot function in relations here. Do you honestly think we just walk away from our whole lives that easily?? Divorce is one of the most painful things you can go through as a woman, any culture. I know of no woman who just said," Gee- I am bored with my husband, I want a little strange, so Im gonna rip my and my childrens whole world apart just for the hell of it" [Roll Eyes]

News Flash- Divorce sucks and losing the life with the person you pledged your heart to is NEVER an easy thing. Most women live the situation for a long time trying to find solutions to PREVENT this from happening- counseling, changing routine, talking with her partner. IT is not just done by most women for no reason. We divorce after we've tried everything-if a man is abusive why shouldnt she leave? You think that women should be staying with a man who breaks his vows to love, honor, and cherish?? If a woman was unfaithful to her husband, beat him, degraded him, stayed out drinking all night long, left him with the kids and went out with her girlfriends everynight, and witheld sex- would you blame the man for divorcing her sorry ass???? [Roll Eyes] [Frown] Marriage is just as important too us as it is to all women, we just exercise the option we have to get out when there is absolutely no hope . We dont rip apart our families cause we think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, that's quite an ignorant stereotype you have put out on the board.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
It has nothing to do with nationality, I think its universal. Communication is the number one issue in all kinds of relationships, not only marriage. When ppl want to communicate, at least two are needed. I think many people are not paying attention enough to this.
When the communication is not enough, or maybe away complete, then a marriage cannot work.
I dont say it is an easy made decision. I know that people are trying, and in vain.
But I am convinced that it is caused by bad communication. It is a skill!!!
Maybe you have ever seen the rapes of failures in 2nd, 3rd etc. marriages. They are even higher!
That can be caused by poor communication skills, by making the same mistakes again, and not being able to handle a situation that appears in every relationship.
As long as people are able to talk about whats bothering them, and both are willing enough, there is a way.
I say BOTH, not the man or the woman.
Usually the woman takes the decision to devorce, because she is not able to change the current situation, and she doesnt expierence the needed satisfaction out of her relationship.
Men seem to think different. The main reason to devorce for a man, is a new love, not unsatisfactory feelings, not steeped expectations.
It has nothing to do with nationality, I think just the reason that Western women have more economical independancy and the absency of rejection by society isnt that big as it is in Egypt.
As soon as Egypt developes, indeed it will become the same, as Alistair stated in an earlier post.( BTW devorce rates are also 1:3)

I never had a devorce, but I know it is a personal decision, based on a personal situation, with personal feelings. I think there are a big amount of devorces that cannot point to one person to blame,often there isnt anyone to blame.
But I also think that people in common, who have had a devorce, very seldom take this as an signal that there can be something wrong with their way to communicate with their partner.
Don`t stop talking.... men and women...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American media has a lot to do with perception vis a vis foreign lands. The American perceiced perspective is worldwide one and we all fall victim to its superiority in materialism on all fronts! God bless America and everyplace else.

Yes, I saw the movie.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It has nothing to do with nationality, I think its universal. Communication is the number one issue in all kinds of relationships, not only marriage. When ppl want to communicate, at least two are needed. I think many people are not paying attention enough to this.
When the communication is not enough, or maybe away complete, then a marriage cannot work.
I dont say it is an easy made decision. I know that people are trying, and in vain.
But I am convinced that it is caused by bad communication. It is a skill!!!"

????, I think we are having this problem, maybe we should get counseling for online forum discussions,because you and I have a constant failure to communicate issue between us [Razz] .I think for us to have a more postive exchange between each other, we must learn more effective ways of communication, otherwise we might have to end our relationship!! [Razz] [Razz] [Big Grin]

of_gold
Member # 13418

Rumi is right, divorce is awful. I stayed 21 years. About 20 years longer than I should have. I hate divorce, and I never believed in it. It is not just leaving a man it is leaving a whole family and breaking up the family unit. You would think after 21 years of being with a person that I would of missed him. I can honestly say that I did not miss him one time, not ever did I wish to go back. I did miss the extended family though and the family social times.....

Hi Ford Prefect . With only 149 post under my belt I may not be at welcoming people status but I am sneaking one in anyway. Welcome [Big Grin] Would you be willing to share your story with us?

Smuckers...wow what a dramatic change, from Plano to Egypt.

We sure are an interesting group of individuals here on ES. I love that. [Smile]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It has nothing to do with nationality, I think its universal. Communication is the number one issue in all kinds of relationships, not only marriage. When ppl want to communicate, at least two are needed. I think many people are not paying attention enough to this.
But I am convinced that it is caused by bad communication. It is a skill!!!"

????, I think we are having this problem, maybe we should get counseling for online forum discussions,because you and I have a constant failure to communicate issue between us [Razz] .I think for us to have a more postive exchange between each other, we must learn more effective ways of communication, otherwise we might have to end our relationship!! [Razz] [Razz] [Big Grin]

Intercultural relationships are more difficult... [Wink]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well for me its his eyes and the way he speaks his language is beautiful hes so honest and sweet and sexy in my eyes i am attracted to him not just any egyptian only him it was a weird meeting but we met for a reason!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv: It has nothing to do with nationality, I think its universal. Communication is the number one issue in all kinds of relationships, not only marriage. When ppl want to communicate, at least two are needed. I think many people are not paying attention enough to this.

Me I think that it has something to do with the culture, not maybe the nationality as it is only a peace of paper, but the culture is definitely important.

I also agreed that communication is as much important but bear in mind that people communication differ according to their culture, people do not communicate the same way, indeed, some people actions can be interpreted and perceived differently from some other people who come from a different culture, therefore misunderstanding will occur, as they will not understand each others actions and way of communicating due to their culture differences.
Even with a strong communication skills, sometimes its just too difficult to overcome some cultures differences.

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

I just saw another thread where someone was telling how bad Egyptian men are....

Maybe someone should tell us which country ALL of the good men are from so we can mark men off the list if they are not from the approved country?

From the postings on ES it appears that America and Egypt are out of the running. I still think America should be divided into states though.

Nobody has said where are ALL of the bad woman are from? Since I'm a good woman Texas must be where all the good one's are. [Big Grin] [Wink]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
must be cas im from texas too lol
the bad ones are northern women well most of them

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:

plz refer to alistars earlier post, thank you [Smile]
of_gold
Member # 13418

........oooops

....sorry, guess I wasn't thinking.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Thank you all for the warm wishes [Smile]

Smuckers, yes the movie was enjoyable but not the same as the book. The book also has the whole series to the story, it's very enjoyable reading.

Oh, I am from Kansas by the way [Wink]

of_gold, thanks for the welcome. I am willing to share my story, it will make you laugh, cry, happy sad just like any love story lol. But I will share it at a later time in it's own thread, and when there is a happy ending inshallah [Big Grin] Things are going smooth and I don't want to jinx it [Razz]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:

plz refer to alistars earlier post, thank you [Smile]
what earlier post?
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:

Smuckers, yes the movie was enjoyable but not the same as the book. The book also has the whole series to the story, it's very enjoyable reading.

of_gold, thanks for the welcome. I am willing to share my story, it will make you laugh, cry, happy sad just like any love story lol. But I will share it at a later time in it's own thread, and when there is a happy ending inshallah [Big Grin] Things are going smooth and I don't want to jinx it [Razz]

Should be nice, Mr. Ford-who-everybody-seems-to-know... [Wink]
Nice stories are rare, and a story about a Western man and a Egyptian woman even more...
Cant wait...

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

quote:

Kansas-I know exactly what ya mean. I hope you have everything you wish for, You are the example of the good things about American Men, and Im glad you posted so everyone on here with their silly stereotypes can see the truth. Thanks again for posting, I am gonna read that book right after i read Harry Potter and The Secret. [Smile] [Smile] It is nice to have another decent guy posting, hope your lady will come join us also [Smile] [Smile] It will probably be good for her to get some help from american women who are familiar with her culture also...
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Very kind words Rumi [Smile] It's wonderful to meet such warm hearted people, which has been happening to me much as of late. I'm busting with emotion right now, especially after this week of acceptance and bonding with my new brother.

My face hurts from smiling so much and my heart has never been warmer. I really wish everyone in the world could feel this, I think we would have allot less problems on this planet.

I can share with you all a small tidbit of the story to hold you over... or maybe grow your anticipation heheh

My Lady and I's meeting had an improbability factor of 8,324,276 to 1. It was a random event, very much by chance.

However it's entirely probable that it wasn't chance at all. It could be that the stars brought us together at a moment in time where the two of us had made a wish at the same moment. [Wink]

That will be left up to the reader to decide, and it's all I will reveal until after the wedding. [Big Grin]

Yes I am a huge Douglas Adams fan, so bear with my writing style [Razz]

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes I am a huge Douglas Adams fan, so bear with my writing style [Razz]

I haven't seen it, but what did you think of the movie? Most people said it wasn't true to the books.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

My Lady and I's meeting had an improbability factor of 8,324,276 to 1. It was a random event, very much by chance.

However it's entirely probable that it wasn't chance at all. It could be that the stars brought us together at a moment in time where the two of us had made a wish at the same moment.

You write beautifully. I have always believed that nothing is chance and everything happens for a reason.

Thank you for giving us a little suspense. It reminds me of when I was a little girl and my Nannie would stop reading the book a just the right time so that I would be anxious for the next.

I hope the wedding is soon. [Smile]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Smile]
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

I hope you all marry Americans and become the most happiest never divorced folks in the entire universum with bunch of kids who have both mom and dad throughout their lives - and you guys beat all marriage statistics. [Wink] 1 out of 2 will be divorced, so good luck to you!
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LML,

Maybe if you quit hanging out where the American men are more likely to be the type you describe, you might just find there's many out there who are really wonderful. I'm really curious about where you live and what you do for a living. It would not be uncommon if you are in a foreign country (especially a Muslim one) and you are running into a lot of American men who normally wouldn't give you the time of day.

I was stationed in Turkey for a year where there were 400 American men and 50 of us American women assigned as military. I had men from ALL ages and backgrounds interested in me that I KNOW wouldn't have given me the time of day in the states. :-) It's all about keeping it in perspective.

I really think you give yourself way too much credit for all the extra attention you may receive. My bet is that you live in a Muslim country and work with or around the Americans. To be fair, you would need to live in the states but my feeling is you wouldn't be given much of a second look there & your statistics would fall flat.

Our culture is much different than in the rest of the world and I think it was Prince of Nothing who did a great job of explaining things from an American male perspective. The blame on divorce and fatherless families goes both ways. These women (in my opinion) who are on welfare and crying the blues about having 5 kids & asking "who's my baby's daddy?" need to put a lock on their legs. It would only take me once to go through a pregnancy & have the father leave before I ever made that choice again. Anyone ever hear of birth control???? It would be great if you could provide a more balanced perspective statistically to show what percentage of your statistics pertain to 100% of our population as a whole.

Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
I hope you all marry Americans and become the most happiest never divorced folks in the entire universum with bunch of kids who have both mom and dad throughout their lives - and you guys beat all marriage statistics. [Wink] 1 out of 2 will be divorced, so good luck to you!

Staying married does not mean it is a good marriage or good for the children. Because two people are forced to stay married (for what ever reason) does not mean they love each other or are happy. Sometimes divorce it the best choice for all.

I hope you don't get into a marriage where you desperately want out but have no option to do so.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com