EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Men of gold? Why American women are more present. (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Men of gold? Why American women are more present.
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
quote:
Originally posted by lovingmylife:
I hope you all marry Americans and become the most happiest never divorced folks in the entire universum with bunch of kids who have both mom and dad throughout their lives - and you guys beat all marriage statistics. [Wink] 1 out of 2 will be divorced, so good luck to you!

Staying married does not mean it is a good marriage or good for the children. Because two people are forced to stay married (for what ever reason) does not mean they love each other or are happy. Sometimes divorce it the best choice for all.

I hope you don't get into a marriage where you desperately want out but have no option to do so.

Amen to that!
Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo:
LML,

Maybe if you quit hanging out where the American men are more likely to be the type you describe, you might just find there's many out there who are really wonderful. I'm really curious about where you live and what you do for a living. It would not be uncommon if you are in a foreign country (especially a Muslim one) and you are running into a lot of American men who normally wouldn't give you the time of day.

I was stationed in Turkey for a year where there were 400 American men and 50 of us American women assigned as military. I had men from ALL ages and backgrounds interested in me that I KNOW wouldn't have given me the time of day in the states. :-) It's all about keeping it in perspective.

I really think you give yourself way too much credit for all the extra attention you may receive. My bet is that you live in a Muslim country and work with or around the Americans. To be fair, you would need to live in the states but my feeling is you wouldn't be given much of a second look there & your statistics would fall flat.

Our culture is much different than in the rest of the world and I think it was Prince of Nothing who did a great job of explaining things from an American male perspective. The blame on divorce and fatherless families goes both ways. These women (in my opinion) who are on welfare and crying the blues about having 5 kids & asking "who's my baby's daddy?" need to put a lock on their legs. It would only take me once to go through a pregnancy & have the father leave before I ever made that choice again. Anyone ever hear of birth control???? It would be great if you could provide a more balanced perspective statistically to show what percentage of your statistics pertain to 100% of our population as a whole.

If she could give stats, I couldn't get any out of her.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
must be cas im from texas too lol
the bad ones are northern women well most of them

Hey, wait a minute! I'm from Pennsylvania. I think I'm one of the good women. [Confused] I have to say I love some of the posts on this thread. Some people on here are quite well-spoken. BTW... I don't know why we have to generalize. There are good and bad people EVERYWHERE! You just have to look past the bad ones to get to the good ones. The bad ones are like weeds that try to take over. And I think American men are fine, but I'm partial to Egyptian men now. It's just a matter of taste, right? [Cool]
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gail:
quote:

Hey, wait a minute! I'm from Pennsylvania. I think I'm one of the good women. [Confused] I have to say I love some of the posts on this thread. Some people on here are quite well-spoken. BTW... I don't know why we have to generalize. There are good and bad people EVERYWHERE! You just have to look past the bad ones to get to the good ones. The bad ones are like weeds that try to take over. And I think American men are fine, but I'm partial to Egyptian men now. It's just a matter of taste, right? [Cool]
Yes. Good Girl. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Don't worry Gail, nobody really paid attention to Tina when she said that, we know so many good 'Northeners' and so many bad 'Southeners' and vice versa. Nobody would seriously think that.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a big difference between northeners and a southeners? just curious
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The title of the book I have mentioned before did not say "Motherless America" but "Fatherless America". This shows clearly there is an issue of American fathers abandoning their own children thus "fatherless America".

I wish if some of you guys actually carefully and correctly read everything I have said, including links I have provided.

To prove the fact without even any numbers ( although numbers would prove the fact anyway ) simply look around yourself. Do you see bunch of single mothers, or ... you see bunch of single fathers?

If you see bunch of single mothers, and you stop each mother and ask who abandon children and why, you wold quickly learn that father abandoned children in most cases.

It doesn't matter how American women get pregnant. That's irrelevant. The fact is that it's the American men that abandons his own children, and American mothers cary the burden of raising kids alone and ending up in poverty.

I know bunch of people myself who are raised in fatherless families. You know too. Clinton was raised in fatherless family, Obama was raised in fatherless family, Eminem was raised in fatherless family, Demi Moor's young husband was raised in fatherless family, and so many ORDINARY other people, 1 out of 2 children is often fatherless.

1 of 2 marriages will end in divorce and your own children will be raised in fatherless family too (unless you beat statistics ). 50% of people could not beat it. You can also research and find out, what was the major reason for divorce? Is it cheating by American men? Or it's cheating by American women as the top #1 reason?

Now, some assumptions about me are hillarious. I really don't need to say much more on this issue, you guys can talk about it more in depth, I stand by what I have said, and with such a strong evidence it's hard for you to prove otherwise. To me this is not about who is right and who is wrong, it's about making a choice. In other words, even if all statistics say otherwise, I am not attracted to American men anyway!

It's like asking Prince of Nothing why would not he want to marry a Muslim woman and providing 3 pages of facts that Muslim woman are in fact "good wives", while he is ( let's reverse roles ) clearly stating he is not into "the culture".

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 08:23 PM Profile for Gail Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote

quote:Originally posted by tina kamal:

Hey, wait a minute! I'm from Pennsylvania

hey gail i am from pa too [Eek!] [Smile]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The difference is, LML, is that Prince of Nothing didn't come on the board listing all the reasons he wouldn't marry a particular culture where you did. If you hadn't given everyone a laundry list of reasons American men were "bad" in your opinion, you wouldn't have gotten nearly the amount of responses you did. [Razz] I'm sure most American men are breathing a sigh of relief right now with the news that you refuse to give them the time of day much less your hand in marriage. [Wink]
Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh

LML, if I write a book and create a bunch of stats, graphs and projections in a neat MS Powerpoint slideshow saying that if you stand on one leg while patting your head money will fall out of your nose... would you believe it?

Books and stats are just other peoples opinions, and people are known to be wrong on occasion [Wink] Just because someone writes a book doesn't make them a God of knowing everything. Anyone can write and publish a book.

I'm living proof that your stats don't add up.

Like Bonzo said, your choice of men is fine, your choice. However trying to convince everyone on here that ALL american men are bad is wrong I think.

You just can't put everyone in a box like that, everyone is different, and stats/books love to enhance drama. When's the last time you found anything good to say about people these days? Good things don't make the authors money, so many authors find all the bad and sell it as drama, shocking news, etc. Please don't believe everything you read before knowing people first.

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is such a common opinion about Western women, and we all know this. So, if you should interview a few thousand Egyptian men and ask them their opinion about Western women the statistic would bring out that most Egyptian men think Western women don`t have any values about sexuality.They are all whores, one told me once.
Thank you very much sir, but isnt this a thought of your own filthy mind?
I dont feel insulted by such a stupid remark at all, I dont feel it is about me. Yes, there are women with low values in Western community, even as there are men with low values in Egypt. Think I was talking to one... [Wink]

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

I personally think part of the problem is that the two cultures have different views of what a 'slut' is. In this part of the world I think they consider a slut any woman who has sex outside of marriage. In the West it is generally viewed as anyone who has sex with somebody they don't know well or an extreme amount of partners. To be in a committed relationship even as boyfriend/girlfriend and have consensual sexual relations is not a bad thing. That is why so many Westerners get offended at being thought of as all slutty. As if we're all walking down the street 24/7 ripping off our clothes and begging complete strangers to give us sex. [Roll Eyes]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah sure, but to have sex outside a marriage there are two needed! So, the men have an opinion about the women, but at the same time they are the ones who are making use of it as soon as they get the chance! It is hypocrit!And double facedness, as there are so many examples in this culture...
If I hear men talking and judging about bad women/girls, knowing what they do themselves, then I only can state that its a bunch of stupid hypocrits...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
As if we're all walking down the street 24/7 ripping off our clothes and begging complete strangers to give us sex. [Roll Eyes]

Imagine that!!!! [Razz] [Cool]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's like asking Prince of Nothing why would not he want to marry a Muslim woman and providing 3 pages of facts that Muslim woman are in fact "good wives", while he is ( let's reverse roles ) clearly stating he is not into "the culture".

Huh? [Confused]

I have seriously dated 3 Muslim females in my life. Two Lebanese, and one Iranian/Persian. All three of them were born in the U.S however.

For open-minded men like me, religion and culture are never obstacles.

To my way of thinking, women are women no matter where they come from, and I have a God given right as a man to select any woman from anywhere on this planet.

Therefore, it's conceivable that I could marry a Muslim female, providing she's not a devout adherent of her faith.

Reason being, I myself am very anti-religious and I find it difficult to truly respect someone who is very devout.

For me, devout equates to severe ignorance and arrogance. Thats my experience with devout people of any faith. They think they have all the answers, but they don't know jack sh!t.

Although I've met several Egyptian women online who while being technically Muslim, weren't devout and very open-minded to new ideas and concepts.

If I were to marry an Egyptian Muslim woman, it would be one of those types.

~Alistair

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
There is such a common opinion about Western women, and we all know this. So, if you should interview a few thousand Egyptian men and ask them their opinion about Western women the statistic would bring out that most Egyptian men think Western women don`t have any values about sexuality.They are all whores, one told me once.
I dont feel insulted by such a stupid remark at all, I dont feel it is about me. Yes, there are women with low values in Western community, even as there are men with low values in Egypt. Think I was talking to one... [Wink]

Great point ?????

Just like there are negative stereotypes about American men, there are also negative stereotypes about American women; especially in the Arab World.

Perhaps I should enumerate these for LML, though I doubt she'd be pleased [Razz]

~Alistair

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Prince of Nothing:
quote:

Great point ?????

Just like there are negative stereotypes about American men, there are also negative stereotypes about American women; especially in the Arab World.

Perhaps I should enumerate these for LML, though I doubt she'd be pleased [Razz]

~Alistair

...and are these negative stereotypes about western woman the reason so many Egyptian men are wanting to marry them? [Eek!]
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
and are these negative stereotypes about western woman the reason so many Egyptian men are wanting to marry them? [Eek!]

I think I'll refrain from stating why Egyptian men want to marry Western women, as the reasons are many and tend to be individualistic.

However, some of the negative stereotypes surrounding Western women, and in particular American women are:

1) No morals

2) Slutty dress code

3) Easy to get into bed

4) Does not respect the man's God given right as the head of the household

5) Sex crazed (many Arab men don't like sexually agressive women apparently)

You can thank American women like Madonna, Paris Hilton, Oprah and Brittney Spears for these negative stereotypes

There are others to be sure, but these ones stand out the most I think.

It's likely that American women suffer from more negative stereotyping abroad, than American men even.

~Alistair

Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Souri* To answer your question... yes, there is a difference between Northern and Southern people, not just women. It's really like that all over the US. Each state has its own sort of identity. For example, people in the East are so different than people in the West. Eastern people are more like city slickers (think New York City here), whereas people in California are maybe looked at as health nut, exercise driven, types. These are stereotypes, of course. But you get the idea? I hate to say this, but one stereotype of Southern people is that they are uneducated. I don't think it, but it's out there. I know people from down south. They are pretty darn smart.
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
quote:
and are these negative stereotypes about western woman the reason so many Egyptian men are wanting to marry them? [Eek!]

I think I'll refrain from stating why Egyptian men want to marry Western women, as the reasons are many and tend to be individualistic.

However, some of the negative stereotypes surrounding Western women, and in particular American women are:

1) No morals

2) Slutty dress code

3) Easy to get into bed

4) Does not respect the man's God given right as the head of the household

5) Sex crazed (many Arab men don't like sexually agressive women apparently)

You can thank American women like Madonna, Paris Hilton, Oprah and Brittney Spears for these negative stereotypes

There are others to be sure, but these ones stand out the most I think.

It's likely that American women suffer from more negative stereotyping abroad, than American men even.

~Alistair

I spoke with a Persian man who told me that it was easier to get sex in Iran. I was surprised by this but he said that the women kept their heads covered but not their ______.

I know that my male friends wished #3 was true...

What does Oprah have do do with loose morals? As for the other 3 woman on your list, I would have to agree.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Great point ?????

~Alistair

...and are these negative stereotypes about western woman the reason so many Egyptian men are wanting to marry them? [Eek!]
You don`t believe this negative stereotype about Western women? Then I should suggest to go there and take a good look into this society.Because it IS this way.
And you`d better ask: Why would Egyptian men like to marry a Western woman, in spite of all these stereotypes?
With these two issues in mind,your visit will bring you a lot of answers...

seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
*Souri* To answer your question... yes, there is a difference between Northern and Southern people, not just women. It's really like that all over the US. Each state has its own sort of identity. For example, people in the East are so different than people in the West. Eastern people are more like city slickers (think New York City here), whereas people in California are maybe looked at as health nut, exercise driven, types. These are stereotypes, of course. But you get the idea? I hate to say this, but one stereotype of Southern people is that they are uneducated. I don't think it, but it's out there. I know people from down south. They are pretty darn smart.

The stereotype of people in the North is that they're rude and altogether impolite. I have a few Northern friends and they are some of the warmest people. I guess it goes to show stereotypes are just silly. BTW, here in the South the stereotype about uneducation is that in the DEEP SOUTH, but the Southwest is considered different. [Wink]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
You know, Smuckers, this stereotyping is in every country. Every country on itsselve is stating that Southern people are more polite, show more hospitality, and there are associations with nice, cozy, warm, gentle, kind, etc.
The strange thing is that countries laying above and under the country are stating the same.So,it never can be the truth! I had to laugh about this when I discovered this, it really makes no sence at all...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

seabreeze
Member # 10289

The irony is more apparent in the states as we are so full of immigrants. In Texas we have so many Hispanic and German immigrants while (for example) the numbers of German immigrants in PA is also large, but both are such different regions altogether. We are a diverse people and some are good, some are bad as anywhere. I really miss my home. [Smile]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
No plans to go back one time? I have had a temporary neighbour, she was back to her homeland, with her foreign husband and children, for one year. She lived abroad for 25 yrs and told me she still missed her country. Only because she didnt want to take away the homecountry of her husband and children, she stayed where she was... When her husband got the change to work here for one year, she took her children with her, so they could expierence it.
It was difficult to them, BTW.

--------------------

lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Don't blame these american women for being rich and famous. It's the american men not american women obssesed with pornography and over sexualization of female & male body in media, life, strippers, alcohol, drugs, homosexuality, and everywhere else. Even you, I bet if someone would ask you to see your photo, you would show your naked body rather than respectable photo on which you dressed in clothes or business suit. Is this correct?

It seems to me that you have double standards. You don't take responsibility as an American man for anything that is taking place in your own culture. What have you done so far? Do you even care? Do you acknowledge? None of the above. So... this becomes a norm, norms create an attitide, then behavior then you get what you get.

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
quote:

Don't blame these american women for being rich and famous. It's the american men not american women obssesed with pornography and over sexualization of female & male body in media, life, strippers, alcohol, drugs, homosexuality, and everywhere else.
So American men are responsible for foreign stereotypes about American women...

Yeah, that makes alot of sense [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Even you, I bet if someone would ask you to see your photo, you would show your naked body rather than respectable photo on which you dressed in clothes or business suit. Is this correct?
Yeah, I'm sitting here nude right now [Big Grin]

quote:
It seems to me that you have double standards. You don't take responsibility as an American man for anything that is taking place in your own culture. What have you done so far? Do you even care? Do you acknowledge? None of the above. So... this becomes a norm, norms create an attitide, then behavior then you get what you get.
Seriously, you are really psychotic.

Am I to take responsibility for the actions of other men? I can only be responsible for my own actions.

I'm starting to agree with Ford that you are here to troll and nothing else.

~Alistair

eshtadiva
Member # 13742

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eshtadiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the stereotyping comes from what is watched on Egyptian tv. The soap operas that we have in the states show a fantasy..not real life rather than the soaps that are made in Egypt that show real life and problems in the country. Egyptian men see these American soaps and take it for reality. And reality shows don't help either. We as Americans understand that it's all hype and fiction but Egyptians don't understand this.
Years ago, my sil was watching Knott's landing and asked me if that was normal life in America. I said, no way...wives do not sleep around with neighbors as a way of life and a very rich man would not be so involved with middle class families as portrayed in the soap.
Bold and Beautiful...now how many husbands has Brooke had, all in the family...lol No this is not real. We watch them for entertainment value, their problems are so different from ours that it takes us away from our own for awhile.
But this is not the norm for American women.
Nor is it the norm that all Egyptian men slap around their wives and keep them in the house as portrayed by many shows on Egyptian tv.
After living in Egypt and watching American soaps, I like the fact that they cut out the sex stuff. Our imagination is enough..I go to the states and watch them and it's all there and I'm offended. We as Americans have become desensitized to this.
There is good and bad in all countries...
We can blame tv, news media, Hollywood for this narrowminded way of thinking.
Remember Gloria Steinem...what ever happened to women's rights? TV is still full of adverts selling stuff using woman in demeaning ways to sell their product. What does a bikini clad woman running on a beach have to do with selling eye shadow?
We need to stop being racist and open our minds to other cultures. Just because they aren't the same as ours doesn't mean they are wrong.
If only people would resect other people...sigh!

Posts: 68 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prince of Nothing: Well, you haven't really gave me any response that proves my statements otherwise. You just denied it but you could not prove it.

In fact you are responsible not just for yourself but also for others and for the world. That was phil 101, wasn't it?

I like the fact that you are interested in this topic, I didn't like the way you reply. You got to be more respectful with someone who have opposing views.

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
prince of nothing..

your quote - "For me, devout equates to severe ignorance and arrogance. Thats my experience with devout people of any faith. They think they have all the answers, but they don't know jack sh!t."

This is my problem with you, you are quick to criticise other people who have a faith, saying that THEY are arrogant and think they have all the answers, when in fact it is YOU that is arrogant and thinks he has all the answers, to say these people 'dont know jack sh!t'

you have such an inflated ego! a severe case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Another topic ruined by making it personal. Started with opposite opinions, what only can be respected, ending with personal discredit someone.
Thank you, thank you, my hope to discuss anything in a civilised way has been gone for a long time. It doesnt seem to be possible.
Maybe a big marketing possibility for the ones who need to make money ( or just out of ambition): conversation skills for dummys.

--------------------

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry if my response to PoN post annoys you ?????, but I dont think it is fair to say that 'devoutly religious people know jack sh!t'

if i think something is wrong, then i will say, it isn't personal, its just my response to an absurd and highly hypocritical statement.

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
Prince of Nothing: Well, you haven't really gave me any response that proves my statements otherwise. You just denied it but you could not prove it.

In fact you are responsible not just for yourself but also for others and for the world. That was phil 101, wasn't it?

I like the fact that you are interested in this topic, I didn't like the way you reply. You got to be more respectful with someone who have opposing views.

Again, like I said, you are psychotic.

I cannot debate or argue with someone like you, because you have no rational thought process..

So keep your bigotry towards American culture, and I'll keep my bigotry towards yours and be done with it.

~Alistair

Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
Originally posted by Wanderer:
prince of nothing..

your quote - "For me, devout equates to severe ignorance and arrogance. Thats my experience with devout people of any faith. They think they have all the answers, but they don't know jack sh!t."

This is my problem with you, you are quick to criticise other people who have a faith, saying that THEY are arrogant and think they have all the answers, when in fact it is YOU that is arrogant and thinks he has all the answers, to say these people 'dont know jack sh!t'

you have such an inflated ego! a severe case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Yes, I am arrogant, but you and your kind are DANGEROUSLY arrogant.

I'm not the one claiming to know what God wants or thinks.

I'm not the one who claims to have found the "one path through life," and that all other philosophies/religions are invalid.

I don't know where I came from, where I am going, why I am here, or how I came to be.

You know the answers to these questions though don't you?

The most difficult questions in all of humanity.

And ofcourse the great folly is that you have not one shred of proof or evidence to show for it.

Who's arrogant now?

~Alistair

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
prince of nothing..

Yes, I am arrogant, but you and your kind are DANGEROUSLY arrogant.

I'm not the one who claims to have found the "one path through life," and that all other philosophies/religions are invalid.

I don't know where I came from, where I am going, why I am here, or how I came to be.

And ofcourse the great folly is that you have not one shred of proof or evidence to show for it.

Who's arrogant now?

~Alistair

"my kind"

Interesting choice of words Alistair, I didn't know that I had a 'kind'

I know that you are happy to generalise and put all muslims together in one big pot making sweeping statements about them, but please can you take time out of your over simplified outlook on life and people to quote ME (yes ME) (singular, not plural)on the statements you made. Meanwhile I (singular) will address your points:

firstly to answer this you would have to accept that there is a God, so yes I accept that there is a God, I think that God has sent down guidelines on how we should live (I dont have access to how God thinks on other matters). I believe that the same guidelines were sent down to Jews/Christians and then muslims, and in fact, I (again, this is my belief) believe that most religions have the same guidelines.

Maybe some of 'my kind' feel that way but I (singular) have never regarded another religion or philosophy as invalid, of course we all chose how we want to live and what we believe, but i'm not sure that is arrogance, otherwise everyone would be arrogant wouldn't they?

Its a shame you feel so lost, inshaallah you will find the answers one day.

not me personally, but I believe that you can find them in the Qur'an, of course you may have different beliefs.

the questions are only as difficult as the person who is asking them intends them to be, especially when he is only looking through a narrow lense for the answers.

actually there are many scientific 'facts' that have been proven from the qur'an, perhaps the dilemma you have is that you are looking purely for scientific knowledge to back up what you might think, then i will ask you? 'can you see your thoughts? can you prove they are there?'

if your answer is no, then why are you basing your opinions on something you cannot see or prove?

Who's arrogant now?
That would still be you.

have a good day [Smile]

Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
"my kind"

Interesting choice of words Alistair, I didn't know that I had a 'kind'

I know that you are happy to generalise and put all muslims together in one big pot making sweeping statements about them, but please can you take time out of your over simplified outlook on life and people to quote ME (yes ME) (singular, not plural)on the statements you made.

Who said anything about Muslims? By your kind, I meant believers, those of faith.

As such, this could be Muslims, Jews, Christians, Hindus etc..

quote:
firstly to answer this you would have to accept that there is a God, so yes I accept that there is a God, I think that God has sent down guidelines on how we should live (I dont have access to how God thinks on other matters). I believe that the same guidelines were sent down to Jews/Christians and then muslims, and in fact, I (again, this is my belief) believe that most religions have the same guidelines.
So you do know what God wants and thinks; or should I say, you believe you do..

Also God must not be too smart because He has used the most inefficient method of spreading His directive.

Even I could come up with a better method had I the power, and I'm just a lowly mortal.

quote:
Maybe some of 'my kind' feel that way but I (singular) have never regarded another religion or philosophy as invalid, of course we all chose how we want to live and what we believe, but i'm not sure that is arrogance, otherwise everyone would be arrogant wouldn't they?
No, because while other people will admit that they haven't figured everything out, you believe you have and as such, your mind is closed to new ideas and concepts.

Thats what makes you arrogant.

quote:
Don't worry about me. I know more than you'll ever know of that you can be assured. I have no set beliefs.

Instead they change as I grow in both age and wisdom..

This is the way it should be.

Your beliefs on the other hand, are stagnant.

quote:
not me personally, but I believe that you can find them in the Qur'an, of course you may have different beliefs.
If you know where to find them, then you know them.

quote:
the questions are only as difficult as the person who is asking them intends them to be, especially when he is only looking through a narrow lense for the answers.
Humans have been asking these questions for aslong as they've been on this Earth....with no definite answer.

Why do you think we have a multitude of philosophies, religion and beliefs?

Just for variety's sake?

quote:
actually there are many scientific 'facts' that have been proven from the qur'an, perhaps the dilemma you have is that you are looking purely for scientific knowledge to back up what you might think, then i will ask you? 'can you see your thoughts? can you prove they are there?'
LOL, if you are looking for scientific truth or knowledge in the Qu'ran, then I pity you.

The Qu'ran only contains Scientific facts, if you interpret them as such....and many of these so called facts were already known to humans for centuries before the Qu'ran came into being.

Likewise, there are more than a few scientific falsities in the Qu'ran aswell.

quote:
if your answer is no, then why are you basing your opinions on something you cannot see or prove?
Can I see my thoughts? Yes I can.. In my mind's eye.

quote:
That would still be you.
You know, it's not that I even care what you or other people of faith believe in.

Everyone is responsible for their own beliefs.

But you and your "kind," have never been able to extend this same courtesy to others who don't share your faith.

Thats what upsets me.

If you had the power, I have no doubt that you would force feed your religion down my throat.

It's happened countless times in the past, and it's happening today.

~Alistair

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Alistair

Ok, you win, i cant be bothered to converse with you because you make too many generalisations and you appear to think you know me, my thoughts, my beliefs, my past, my future.

people like you, who think they have all the answers just bore me, please go and buy yourself a big mirror and enjoy conversing with yourself because it is the only person that you want to listen to.

Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, as compared to the catfights of old, this cockfight is fascinating.

Did you know that winning a battle of words on the internet is alot like winning at the Special Olympics? In the end, you are still retarded.

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
people like you, who think they have all the answers just bore me
Wanderer you crack me up [Big Grin] Here you are, using my own arguement against me, and with a complete lack of shame to boot!

quote:
Did you know that winning a battle of words on the internet is alot like winning at the Special Olympics? In the end, you are still retarded.
Must be a whole bunch of retards on E.S then..

Including you I might add. [Razz] I seem to recall you waging a battle of words with Sono for pages and pages..

~Alistair

--------------------
Lies fade like smoke when uncovered..but Truth, burns like fire.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Lol name one that didn't join that retard battle with Sono Alistair. [Razz]

Ok, can't we all just agree, American men are good (some) and Egyptian men are good (some) and go on with our merrie lives? [Big Grin]

lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
--------------

LOL! This is so hillarious. [Big Grin]

Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Lol name one that didn't join that retard battle with Sono Alistair. [Razz]

Actually Sono and I were on fairly good terms believe it or not [Razz]

~Alistair

Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:

LOL! This is so hillarious. [Big Grin]

Don't worry about me LmL. I'm not nearly as lost as you think... [Razz]

BTW, why do I get the impression that you know me, or know about me?

Certain things you've said over the course of this arguement seem a bit familiar.

Who are you?

~Alistair

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
PoN - "Wanderer you crack me up Here you are, using my own arguement against me, and with a complete lack of shame to boot!"

I always find it interesting when people who own a characteristic refuse to accept it, yet they are happy to label everyone else with it - the difference between you and I Alister is that you never heard these words come out my mouth

"you and your kind are so arrogant and know jack sh!t"

"If you had the power, I have no doubt that you would force feed your beliefs down my throat"

"Your beliefs are stagnant."

"I know more than you'll ever know of that you can be assured" ( I think you forgot to follow this with 'ner ne ne ner nerrrr)

"your mind is closed to new ideas and concepts"

heres a few new words for you to discuss with your mirror image:

egotistical - concerned with yourself and your advantage and exclusion of others

arrogant - Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self worth, an assumption of ones superiority toward others

conceited - having an exaggerated sense of self importance

"Actually Sono and I were on fairly good terms believe it or not "

why doesn't that surprise me!!!!

Ironborn
Member # 12020

Wanderer, it's no use having hard feelings my dear.. [Big Grin]

I've already accepted your surrender, and you've signed the treaty.

Lets play nice [Razz]

~Alistair

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr [Mad]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Uh oh....I'm leaving this room. [Embarrassed]
laila007
Member # 13016

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for laila007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by eshtadiva:
I think the stereotyping comes from what is watched on Egyptian tv. The soap operas that we have in the states show a fantasy..not real life rather than the soaps that are made in Egypt that show real life and problems in the country. Egyptian men see these American soaps and take it for reality. And reality shows don't help either. We as Americans understand that it's all hype and fiction but Egyptians don't understand this.
Years ago, my sil was watching Knott's landing and asked me if that was normal life in America. I said, no way...wives do not sleep around with neighbors as a way of life and a very rich man would not be so involved with middle class families as portrayed in the soap.
Bold and Beautiful...now how many husbands has Brooke had, all in the family...lol No this is not real. We watch them for entertainment value, their problems are so different from ours that it takes us away from our own for awhile.
But this is not the norm for American women.
Nor is it the norm that all Egyptian men slap around their wives and keep them in the house as portrayed by many shows on Egyptian tv.
After living in Egypt and watching American soaps, I like the fact that they cut out the sex stuff. Our imagination is enough..I go to the states and watch them and it's all there and I'm offended. We as Americans have become desensitized to this.
There is good and bad in all countries...
We can blame tv, news media, Hollywood for this narrowminded way of thinking.
Remember Gloria Steinem...what ever happened to women's rights? TV is still full of adverts selling stuff using woman in demeaning ways to sell their product. What does a bikini clad woman running on a beach have to do with selling eye shadow?
We need to stop being racist and open our minds to other cultures. Just because they aren't the same as ours doesn't mean they are wrong.
If only people would resect other people...sigh!

Very good point. When I was in Lebanon, we were watching Maury Povich, and my cousin asked me if American women are "easy". They watch shows like Jerry Springer and Sex in the City and think that is how Americans live their life.

There is good and bad in every culture.

Posts: 31 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Ok Prince of Nothing, let's be honest and say what we feel. This is how I feel now about you:

I have read everything you wrote to me, and last night I have read again.

In my last message I said to you - you got to be respectful to people ( including me ) who have opposing views - You did not apologize at all. You instead went ahead and kept replying to me "as if" you were just very respectful, and as if you have never used any bad words to describe my intelligence, my soul and my character.

I did not have time last night to reply, but now I am saying to you the following:

I won't tolerate you to talk to me this way. Do you understand this? I am not a woman that tolerates verbal abuse.

I do NOT want to have conversation with a man who disrespects ME, MY VIEWS, AND MY OPINIONS.

If you want to talk to me and exchange opinions without calling me names and in respectful way, sure, talk to me. I'll talk to you.

If you on the other hand think that you can verbally tell me that I am stupid, psychotic, irrational, idiot, moron, and whatever you said you know the best, and attack me as a person, as a woman, as a Muslim lady, as intellectual, as anyone or anybody, and then want talk to me again - don't talk to me.

I do NOT tolerate any men to talk to me that way. You are not exception to this rule. And you should know better! You have one more chance, to correct your behavior. Watch your language, simple as that. You treat me this way once again, my conversations with you are over. This is how I feel about you now.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com