EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Weird dreams [ES related] (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Weird dreams [ES related]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has got to stop. I have had three dreams about a female ES member over the past several months. She is the only person from online that I dream of. It is no one I have ever sent a PM to or received a PM from. It is a member I never argued with. It's no one i correspond with at all privately or on the main board. If such a member notices herself here do send me a PM if you have had weird dreams about me. I am reluctant to send you a PM.

The first dream I was with her and several of her friends sitting around a bonfire. She was talking about something religious.

The second dreamshe asks me ‘how do I look’ and I told her she looked beautiful. I believe she was going out. I also remember in this same dream she was facing a kitchen counter with her back to me. What’s odd was she was wearing these shorts that one of my ex’s used to wear, they were very sexy. Anyway I walked up behind her and she leaned back against my body and exposed her neck to me as she leaned back. I was surprised by her inviting gesture but it wasn’t naughty at all.

The third dream last night I was at her apartment which happened to be in Cairo. I really don’t remember what we talked about. Her place was very nice and the view from her living room windows (huge) overlooked cluttered rooftops of smaller buildings.

I don’t know what she really looks (in real life) like but in all the dreams she looked the same and pretty attractive.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HARAM!!!! [Big Grin] [Cool]

"If such a member notices herself here do send me a PM if you have had weird dreams about me. I am reluctant to send you a PM."

Where is this going to end????

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
HARAM!!!! [Big Grin] [Cool]

"If such a member notices herself here do send me a PM if you have had weird dreams about me. I am reluctant to send you a PM."

Where is this going to end????

I know you are kidding Lilly because we are not judged by what occurs in our dreams [Big Grin] The dreams were not sexual at all. I don’t know the point though. It is obvious that I like her in the dreams but that’s about it. It’s like she just pops in my dreams but I don’t know the point of these dreams and why her.

Maybe if i confront her they will end.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Dreams are free therapy, but you can only get appointments at night." ~Grey Livingston [Wink]

Seriously keep the dreams as they are..... just dreams.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Advice [Wink]

Just make sure you have a piece of paper and a pencil next to your bed.
In the FOURTH dream you ask her phonenumber or e-mailaddress and write it down immediately...
Next day, you just call her and ask for a pic of her kitchen counter.
As simple as that [Big Grin]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally.... an intriguing thread!! [Razz]
Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one dreams about me anymore [Frown] .
*crieslikebaby*

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sei-i taishogun
خلي الاحلام احلام يا جميل
خلي بالك من مراتك حلالك احسن 100 مرة من الاحلام
الغلط اخرة غلط حتي لو حلم
اخوك
عمرو

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heyyyy, not fair, Amr! [Smile] We want to have fun too!
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was sage advice, way too mature for us [Smile] .

Tranztlation: Za bird in ur hand bettar zan 10 up ur @$$.

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by drinking to forget, pay in advance:
sei-i taishogun
خلي الاحلام احلام يا جميل
خلي بالك من مراتك حلالك احسن 100 مرة من الاحلام
الغلط اخرة غلط حتي لو حلم
اخوك
عمرو

كلامك صحيح وصريح – كنت اريد احلل هذا الحلم – ولكن صح - ترك هذا الموضوع سيكون افضل

سلام

Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ربنا يرزقك با الزرية الصالحة انشاء ويتربو بعزك
سلام

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
100 times better than the dreams??
who says, Amr??
lol

Leaving the dream-issue so sooon?? Come on, Sei, dream on [Wink]

Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never had dreams about ES members but sometimes I see something that reminds me of ES. Like every time I go down the jelly aisle at the grocery store I think of Smuckers. Or sometimes when I see something funny about Harry Potter I think about SWYS. But the best example of this is when I was at the mall and I saw this guy wearing a shirt that said Sono's Auto Shop. I think he was a little insulted when I burst out laughing as he walked by. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Wow, this place must be addictive!
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ It's already too late for you. You are one of us now.

muhahahahahahahaha [Cool]

Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Haha, got me on that one [Razz] .
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sono's Auto Shop?? Now that one is funny. [Smile]

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
Like every time I go down the jelly aisle at the grocery store I think of Smuckers.

Happened to me just last Wednesday - but I haven't tried the products yet! [Wink]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
Advice [Wink]

In the FOURTH dream you ask her phonenumber or e-mailaddress and write it down immediately...

Gosh you are SOOO SMART! I just hope Sei is able to follow your advice!!! [Big Grin]
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Advice [Wink]

I loved this comment. [Smile]

Well as for OP I think dream is revealing you unresolved sexual attraction to a woman that appears in your dreams. You pushed it far without admitting it to yourself, ( denial ) and dreams are trying to convey this to you so that you do become aware, relasing it in pictures.

Now when you are aware, you wonder... thus you start searching for answers and you finally arrive to that knowledge. This will be on your mind until you act ( you can chose not to act ).

Something similar took place in my life too, however people did not believe when I spoke about it, I have never noticed I am attracted to so and so because I probably denied it until I felt safe to actually face it. I had feelings of anger instead. Dreams are revealing your subconscious. Good luck! I don't see anything strange, it's a gift.

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

^^Interpretations are interesting and even fun. Personally I have always denied their relevance. My opinion has however changed over the past 12-18 months. I try to balance Islamic academia, scientific knowledge as well as other sources that pertain to dreams.

Briefly I will explain the Islamic perspective with regards to dreams. Dreams are the last of the prophetic attributes that remain within mankind (all) – so yes they are a gift[these are the direct dreams from Allah(swt)]. Although many Muslims believe you must go to bed in a state of wudu to reap such benefits (clear dreams from Allah (swt). Basically dreams come from Allah (swt) – Satan and from our subconscious. So basically a dream is simply not just a dream. The dream that has the most credibility is one that occurs in a certain part of the night and this concurs with scientifically proven REM (Rapid eye movement) phase of sleeping. This is the time when we are incapable of altering our dreams. We all know we are able to alter and change certain dreams and these are primarily the morning to noon dreams.

Anyway my interpretation is not sexual and it is not sexual attraction at all. The dreams have a more religious significance – at least I believe so.

I am sure the membership is not interested in this regard because they just want to know who I dream of. I won’t name her because it will make matters uncomfortable. I think her implication in all of this is coincidental – I believe that – because if we are to speak of attraction then my attraction for as long as I could remember has been for model type looking females. I am very superficial when it comes to desiring a female, she must possess certain features and characteristics to attract my continued interest. She must also have a certain style and the woman in my dreams has the style (behavior + clothes) but she does not have the look of chick I would desire sexually.

I am set in my ways.

The bonfire dream was the most significant of the three dreams and it is one I held out on because I remember some of the things she was saying. I believe if I divulged this info – she would be recognized immediately and again this isn’t happening. Her attire at the bonfire reflected the style that I liked. She had a long beautiful skirt, beautiful short sleeve top with necklaces and several bracelets. I just didn’t like what she was saying but at the same time i chose to remain there.

I left this post in an inconclusive state and probably appropriate for dream interpretation.

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I am sure all of us females on ES are biting our nails now thinking: "Is it me is it me is it meeeeeeeeeeeeee??????" [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Not me, I know it's me. It can't not be me.
I'm just too hot.

lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well there are many types of dreams. Some dreams are prophecies or correctly "precognitive" dreams, yours maybe the one ( something that will take place in the near future )... in the kitchen, with a religious woman ( or with whom you will disscus religion ) who is also attractive, lives in Cairo, visits you in apartment or you will visit her. That's the closest I would be able to describe.

Another explanation would be what Freud found out, and I do believe in his theory as it was proven in my life over and over again. Freud believed that nothing we did occurred by chance; every action and thought is motivated by our unconscious at some level. In order to live in a civilized society, we tend to hold back or urges and repress our urges and impulses. However, these urges and impulses must be released in some way and have a way of coming to the surface in disguised forms.

One way these urges and impulses are released is through our dreams. Freud understood the symbolic nature of dreams and believed they were a direct connection to our unconscious, what Freud refers to as the id. The id is centered around pleasure, desire, unchecked urges and wish fulfillment. During our waking hours, the desires of the id are suppressed by the superego, which acts as a censor for the id. The superego enforces the moral codes for the ego and blocks unacceptable impulses of the id. Because your guard is down during the dream state, your unconscious has the opportunity to act out and express the hidden desires of the id.

Utilizing the technique of "free association", Freud believed that we can chip through the dream's manifest content and reveal the underlying significance of our dreams and its latent content. To further help in interpreting the cryptic images of our dreams, Freud classified the images into the following five processes:

1. Displacement
This occurs when the desire for one thing or person is symbolized by something or someone else.
2. Projection
This happens when the dreamer propels their own desires and wants onto another person.
3. Symbolization
This is characterized when your repressed urges or suppressed desired or acted out metaphorically.
4. Condensation
This is the process in which the dreamer hides their feelings or urges by contracting it or underplaying it into a brief dream image or event. The meaning of this dream imagery may not be apparent or obvious.
5. Rationalization
This is seen as the final stage of dreamwork where the dreaming mind organizes an incoherent dream into one that is more comprehensible and logical. Also known as secondary revision.

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
Oh, I am sure all of us females on ES are biting our nails now thinking: "Is it me is it me is it meeeeeeeeeeeeee??????" [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Don't you just love the "beautiful necklace and lots of bracelets"-part?? [Smile] [Wink]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:

Karah, did you ever thought about that it could be you he's dreaming of??? [Smile]
Mazey
Member # 14107

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mazey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we guess correctly, will you tell us if we're right? [Big Grin]

Honestly, I don't think dreams mean that much. So many things effect our dreams like a movie we just saw , a song we heard , a person we met that day and sometimes the things we eat (so I hear). I guess I agree that we uncover our fantasies in our dreams, that's why they can be so sweet [Wink] , but I think we uncover our fears as well.

Are you sure you are dreaming of an ES member? You saw her face in your dream right? Are you sure you don't know this women already? Maybe you are dreaming of a women you already know but she is saying something you don't want to hear.

No worries about being set in your ways. IMO all men are visual, it's just the way they operate. [Big Grin]

Sweet dreaming!

Posts: 81 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

Karah, did you ever thought about that it could be you he's dreaming of??? [Smile]
Tiger, quite seriously, we all want someone to be secretly having crush on us, don't we! Of course I love secret admirers, but honestly: the moment such species resurfaces for real - what do I do?!?!?!? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ps. I don't fit the bill in here - my picture is on my profile since always - so I am not 'mysterious' any more.... [Frown]

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Don't you just love the "beautiful necklace and lots of bracelets"-part?? [Smile] [Wink]
Really - women would never be so elaborate in describing a man from the dream - we would say: he was hot as hell! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Prono is really affecting my dreams nowadays, I need serious and urgent help with that!!

It can also be silly and stupid!

Or fat and short!

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

You know what you ladies utterly amuse me … you are one tracked and focused on scandal. There is no ‘crush’ no ‘crush’ at all. Nothing like that. Kill it! Ok!

I bet you she knows who she is: come on

Sexy shorts
Long skirt
Interested in religion (opposite of what I believe in ..maybe)
Necklaces
Bracelets
Short sleeve tops
Speaks english ….she speaks english in my dreams

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by sei-i taishogun:
You know what you ladies utterly amuse me … you are one tracked and focused on scandal. There is no ‘crush’ no ‘crush’ at all. Nothing like that. Kill it! Ok!

Sexy shorts
Long skirt
Necklaces
Bracelets
Short sleeve tops

Did you lift her long skirt to see the sexy shorts????? [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Mazey
Member # 14107

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mazey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're such a tease.. just blurt it out already! [Big Grin]
Posts: 81 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
quote:

Sexy shorts
Long skirt
Necklaces
Bracelets
Short sleeve tops

Did you lift her long skirt to see the sexy shorts????? [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
la ya baqara(affectionately cow [Big Grin] ) i saw her shorts bcz she was wearing the same shorts as my ex
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
I love juice.
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
He calls me a cow, so it ain't me....BUAAAAAAAAAAA [Big Grin]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Leito you are hilarious and KIA chill the **** out [Big Grin] Yeah it ain't you - you can't even make it out the doorway *wink* ....*wink*!
Alchemist
Member # 12318

quote:

Long skirt
Necklaces
Bracelets
Short sleeve tops

[Eek!] [Eek!] Allow me to speak for SWYS and assure you that she is not interested!!
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Leito you are hilarious and KIA chill the **** out [Big Grin] Yeah it ain't you - you can't even make it out the doorway *wink* ....*wink*!

He crashed me! [Big Grin] Sure I can't make it anywhere because I am entangled in the long skirt with sexy shorts on top of it and necklacess hanging all over me, reciting religious hymns by the fire! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Hahaha, Sweeeeeet. I'm gonna be dreaming of you today. [Big Grin]

Alchemist, who is SWYS ?

Mazey
Member # 14107

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mazey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA! I think I might dream of you tonight as well KM.
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

u ladies are mean. U need a serious good lovin. Like 45 minute love. and you know what that long ass skirt keeps it all warm ... so don't front!
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWWW Alchemist and TL you think of me when you see Jelly? [Big Grin] Well...at least it's jelly and not something else that reminds you of me. [Razz]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mazey:
HA! I think I might dream of you tonight as well KM.

Great! In that case I will add the broom and fly a couple of rounds for the better visual effect! [Big Grin]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Let's all have an orgy dream!
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
AWWW Alchemist and TL you think of me when you see Jelly? [Big Grin] Well...at least it's jelly and not something else that reminds you of me. [Razz]

I think of you as something sweet! [Big Grin]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Leito:
Let's all have an orgy dream!

You know you really need to get over your sweet wet teeny fantasies!!! [Razz]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:

You know what you mean by that? You mean she might be interested in Christianity?

And what about the fact that you point out that she speaks English in your dreams? Is it a sign she might not be a native English speaker?

And more importantly what will the person get who solves your riddle???

Please, Sei, if you know her location and it's Egypt then I am pretty sure I know who you were dreaming about! Pssst! [Wink]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Says who ?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com