EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Can i share some good news?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can i share some good news?
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just got my results for something i have been working for for a looooong time.

I passed my BSc (hons) with a 2.1 [Smile]

I am very happy about this, and it has been overshadowed by other things...however, i wanted to tell some people because i have no one to tell [Big Grin]

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pupa:
I have just got my results for something i have been working for for a looooong time.

I am very happy about this, and it has been overshadowed by other things...however, i wanted to tell some people because i have no one to tell [Big Grin]

It's Wanderer [Big Grin] Congratulations [Smile]

Edit: I thought you were of_gold

MABROOK [Smile]

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! [Smile]

(BTW I don't want to explain what 'p***' means in my language because I run the risk of being banned from ES on the spot!)

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you [Smile]

Exiled: well i knew you were bored so i thought i would give you some brain activity [Wink]

Makbeta - oh pleeeeease tell us what it means, i'm gonna change it now, cos it must be bad!

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Changed it - oh, that's better! [Smile]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thank you [Smile]

Exiled: well i knew you were bored so i thought i would give you some brain activity [Wink]

Makbeta - oh pleeeeease tell us what it means, i'm gonna change it now, cos it must be bad!

You must feel like you are on top of the world [Smile]

good for u

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
well, not really [Frown] other things have taken the wind out of my sails, BUT it has helped cheer me up, and when i think about it i smile to myself, i am proud of myself [Smile]

It has taken me 7 years and finally i got there, when i think about how much it has meant to me over the years it makes me very proud. I now feel like i CAN do it, it has helped me have more self belief.

When i told my dad he said 'oh yeah, well that quite good then'

QUITE good! QUITE good!!!!???? good job he was 50 miles away is all i can say [Big Grin]

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:
Congratulations! [Smile]

(BTW I don't want to explain what 'p***' means in my language because I run the risk of being banned from ES on the spot!)

That's Polish for poontang isn't it?
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

This is hilarious there was a rapper named Grand Puba [Big Grin]

Speaking of puba [Big Grin] who saw the eddie murphy movie with this call-girl named 'sunshine'

Eddy Murphy was like why do you call her sunshine - the Madam replied 'because if you threw her puba in the air she'll turn a cloudy day to sunshine [Big Grin]

Hilarious

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
No, no, it's not that bad. In fact ... in some way it's cute, but I wouldn't use it here as my name. [Wink] (I think it would make Karah_Mia laugh as well.)
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrads to you [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Absolutely brilliant, really well done, you have every right to feel so proud of yourself. [Cool]
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yes, to have a public name Pupa..... oh God.......LOLOLOLOLOLOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Thank you Micky and Penny [Smile]
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by crisálida:
Thank you Micky and Penny [Smile]

crisalida you have such a sexy name [Wink] can you tell me a little bit more about yourself.
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I am sorry, I do have a bad headache right now in addition to my usual low brain cells count: do you mean you got your bachelors degree with honors and GPA 2.1 and a guy 50 miles away?!?!?!?
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pupa

http://www.pupa.it/

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Karah_mia - yes i mean i got my bachelors degree with upper second class honours, and no, I was talking about my Dad.

Exiled - What can I say? those girls gave me such a hard time, I had to add a little spice, now, I cannot tell you more as i am busy pupating! [Wink]

Om Leito - Well, it didn't put them off did it! it cant be that bad then!

Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by crisálida:
Karah_mia - yes i mean i got my bachelors degree with upper second class honours, and no, I was talking about my Dad.

Exiled - What can I say? those girls gave me such a hard time, I had to add a little spice, now, I cannot tell you more as i am busy pupating! [Wink]

Hold on let me check the thesaurus for pupating [Big Grin] ok you are now sexy and mysterious - me like

You can tell me what your bachelors degree is - that's if you don't mind - and i'll tell you the book i am reading now it's The Testament by John Grisham, i'm usually not into fiction but Grisham is cool - tell me anything

Exiled
Member # 14410

hey crisalda - looks like you are busy - that's cool - i get the hint :-)

i'm gonna go try and bother someone else now [Razz]

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congratulatoions u should bevery proud and we r here 4 u to share any good or bad news

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!!!! and no matter what your Dad says be proud of yourself. I know how you feel because both my Parents had passed away when i passed my degree and i had nobody to tell but i was proud of myself and am still proud of myself. You have worked hard give yourself a break now and keep smiling - you have achieved something great in your life [Smile]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats also from me, Caterpillar! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats dear, one more thing that you can check off of the huge list of things to do , hugs

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Thank you Esso, Habeeby, Tigerlilly and Mystic [Smile]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great news, I hope you continue to do well, it's a great feeling to succeed. [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
crisalida ~ Mabrook! Bravo! Congratulations! I know how hard you must have worked toward your goal. You go girl! [Smile]
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
crisálida, congratulations! What is your degree in?

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Thank you everyone, it is in Social Sciences - I guess thats why i'm so interested in everyones life!! Or maybe i'm just nosey [Big Grin]
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats crisalida! I didn't realize it was you at all...I'm so proud of you, you're already a great social scientist [Smile]

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Thank you Cairobug - where've you been?? pm'd you [Smile]
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been in hiding, j/k [Smile] I missed you lots crisalida...love saying your new name in my head btw [Smile]

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WindyOniyah
Member # 13344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WindyOniyah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every time i see the name it reminds me of the 101 Dalamations:)god knows why its nothing like it.
MABROOK!!! good one well deserved .

Posts: 370 | From: I luv me Glasses :) | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean Cruella Deville. [Big Grin] ^^^^
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Hey Windy Ears I have never been mean to spotty dogs in my life!!!! [Wink] Thank you for your congratulations [Smile]

I love my new name too [Smile]

WindyOniyah
Member # 13344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WindyOniyah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
You mean Cruella Deville. [Big Grin] ^^^^

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Now now did i say the name i said it reminded me thats all [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 370 | From: I luv me Glasses :) | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Congratulations (only just saw this sorry!)
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com