EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » should i keep my mouth shut???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: should i keep my mouth shut???
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 5 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
greetings everyone...happy belated new year...i hope this new year brings everyone health, joy and happiness!

well, i decided to give ES another shot and ask your opinion on a matter...

my husband and i are acquaintences with another couple...my husband and her husband occasionally do business together and she and i see each other socially maybe three/four times a month (rarely just the two of us, usually in a larger gathering)...so we aren't exactly friends so to speak...

my husband and i just found out that her husband is cheating on her (well, he definitely cheated once that we know of)...

i am really disturbed by this situation...i never in a million years thought he'd do something like this to her...both my husband and i are surprised by this behavior from him...they've been together for several years, they even lived in the states for a while and they have a few children...

(i DO realize that people cheat all the time for various reasons; i guess my husband and i thought of them as the model couple so we are both a bit upset)

the question is...do i tell her??? do i tell her that he had sex with someone else in the back room of his store??? my husband says to stay out of it, but the image is burned into my head and i feel like i'm keeping something from her...i'm going to see her at a gathering this weekend and i fear i won't be able to look her in the eye!

any thoughts on this matter?

thanks!

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you know he cheated, did you see it with your own eyes?. Probably not?.

Really it's not your business and like your husband says best to stay out of it.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are not very close friends I would not interfere. Sometimes it does more harm to speak the truth anyway and who knows maybe she's already aware of the fact that she's married to a cheater.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
How do you know he cheated, did you see it with your own eyes?. Probably not?.

Really it's not your business and like your husband says best to stay out of it.

actually, i DID see it with my own two eyes...i was going to use the bathroom and you have to walk through the back room to get there...my husband was showing me where the bathroom was and we walked in on them...so we BOTH saw it with our own four eyes!
Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh..... what a sight! I suspect his wife was sitting nearby in another room?

[Confused]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been thru this many times trust me ur screwed if ya tell yr screwed if ya dont
if u tell she will be mad at u cas she will think yr liein she will know yr not but its always that way
if ya dont tell and she finds out u know she will be mad cas u lied and cheated as a friend
and think u abused her trust so either way its really up to u and how well yal know and trust each other!!!
and how did ur husband allow this to happen in yr house anyway???

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *****     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three words please, Don't do it.
Never be a bearer of bad news, if you have no good news to tell, button your lip, remember silience is the sister to wisdom
Even if it was my best friend, I would never be able to hurt her with such awful news, in the event she found out that you knew, no need to justify to her why you kept quite, simple you did not want to hurt her

--------------------
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Posts: 564 | From: planet earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will almost definitely lose her as a friend however, I disagree with the others, she deserves to know. What if he does this and catches something and brings it home to her???? Then how would you feel knowing that you could have warned her and possibly prevented her from catching something. And she deserves better than a husband that cheats on her.
Honesty is always always the best answer.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I remember the mufti saying something about this. He said not to tell, because he could change and if there's still room for change and you tell on him you could be ruining a possibly good (in the future) marriage.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know wht best thig is,but be sure you know he really is cheating.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by walkingathinline:
actually, i DID see it with my own two eyes...i was going to use the bathroom and you have to walk through the back room to get there...my husband was showing me where the bathroom was and we walked in on them...so we BOTH saw it with our own four eyes! [/QB]

Oh heck that's not nice and sounds so sordid.
At least you know 100% for sure then. Hard decision when you don't know the person too well.

Surely the husband is somewhat worried that you saw him ?

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow what a flip side....as i read thru the first few lines i thought you were gonna start hinting around for a 4some or something.
loooool

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm this is very unpleasant situation for real..actually i wouldnt dare to say it to her...most of all always when you mess in something so personal,theres always big opportunity to feel guilty later on.Its really awful what he did to his wife..but if you told her..probably she wouldnt believe you anyway.If this woman was my veryyy close friend i would tell her what i saw,simply because i would like if she told me too..if she see my husband cheating on me....but if this lady is not very close friend of yours...i dont think that its good idea to mess...I dont think that she would appreciate your honesty(even the opposite).Well...think again if this is the best thing to do...or just try to go on and listen to your husband to stay out of it.

--------------------
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Didi!!!! [Smile] Long time didn't see you! Welcome back! [Smile]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats a tricky one!
I believe in honesty, and always try to think would I want to know? The answer to that one is yes, I would want to be told, and for that reason I would tell her.

The other side is, if you don't know her very well, maybe she will doubt you, she'll certainly have it out with her husband, but obviously she is closer to him, and is more likely to believe him. Causing problems for your friendship with them as a couple.

Having said that, I would still give her the truth, it is upto her what she does with it.

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, no... don't tell her at all!
We have/ had friends, same situation, he was cheating on her with a nurse in the hospital... I told her, she did not hate her husband, she hated me (for telling her)!! LOL
Moreover, she said it was not true!
[Eek!]
Later, she discovered it herself (secret restaurant visits, secret phonecalls, ...).
I thought; Now she will come to me and say; heyyy, you were right.
But no!! It is like 4 years ago, our husbands are still friends but we never go out with the 4 of us anymore.

So my advice; stay out of this!

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KhrystianA
Member # 13967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KhrystianA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell her as soon as possible! We women need to look out for one another!
Posts: 46 | From: Ina Makha | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pininah
Member # 13657

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pininah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would agree with desertgirl , i had once told my best friend about her hubby cheating on her , she was pissed at me , and said i ruined her marriage , she divorced him , after catching him several times , and we have never been friends since , and she has 3 kids with this jerk , so i have learned , better let sleeping dogs lie , but that is just my experience ,,,,,,,,,,,,, peace!

--------------------
Cheryl Hise

Posts: 68 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks a lot karla,glad to see you around too! [Smile]

--------------------
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would tell.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just to clarify the situation...he was having sex with a woman in the back room of their STORE...my husband and i were in their store, not their home when we happened upon this...

thanks for everyone's opinions...i'm still not sure what i'll do...i'm actually seeing her tonight...and possibly him, too...i definitely won't say a word tonight in a public place...

but i'm still really torn...i know that if i tell her i'll hurt her and she may end up hating me and may even break up a marriage...but as Khrys said, don't we women need to stick together? and yes, i'm very concerned about him bringing a sexually transmitted disease home to her...of course this could have been a one time thing and who am i to get in the middle of their 12-year relationship???

i also like *****'s response: "silence is the sister of wisdom"...i never heard that before...

anyway, thanks again for your responses...for now, i'm keeping my mouth shut...

--------------------
"It's very important to learn how to weasel out of things. It's what separates us from the animals...except the weasel." ~Homer J. Simpson

Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would ask her what she would do, would she tell if she knew something? there lies your answer.
Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
just to clarify the situation...he was having sex with a woman in the back room of their STORE...my husband and i were in their store, not their home when we happened upon this...

thanks for everyone's opinions...i'm still not sure what i'll do...i'm actually seeing her tonight...and possibly him, too...i definitely won't say a word tonight in a public place...

but i'm still really torn...i know that if i tell her i'll hurt her and she may end up hating me and may even break up a marriage...but as Khrys said, don't we women need to stick together? and yes, i'm very concerned about him bringing a sexually transmitted disease home to her...of course this could have been a one time thing and who am i to get in the middle of their 12-year relationship???

i also like *****'s response: "silence is the sister of wisdom"...i never heard that before...

Ask your husband to talk with the guy.
See if he is sorry or not and if he is serious with his wife.
If he does not regrett or if he is not serious about his wife, than you could at least talk with the wife and ask how their relationship is according to her and if she suspects him of cheating her.
If he regrets and is sorry than I think it would be better if you did not mention anything to his wife.

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you should not tell.

Don't interfere in their marriage. It's their life, their marriage, their journey...

Women in this situation once you tell them are in denial.

They hate anyone who brakes up that ideal picture they have about the man they love.

Psychologically, she will experience hurt and pain and for her it's easier to 1) deny and blame you rather than 2) accept the "truth" and lose him.

2) is less painful, so highly likely she will reject you.

Another issue would be - consequences if you do tell. Feelings of public humiliation ( someone else told her and not him ), feelings of betrayel, killing her dreams of future with him, her hopes will be totally distroyed, terrible feelings of being not worthy or good enough, feeling that it's her fault, etc.

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lovingmylife, so you know this woman as well as you know the rest of us? You must be a very busy person, not only do you know what she will say and do, but what they will both THINK as well, fantastic! Can you share the secret of your psychic abilities with us?
Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with mimmi, get your hubby to talk to him or you talk to him. Find out the situation and see if it is something he regrets. I also agree with Mrs, when you see her and whilst 'chatting' bring up the subject of cheating and ask her would SHE tell you if your hubby was cheating etc.

Hard situation i agree!

Take care all

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana uhibbuk
Member # 11817

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana uhibbuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do Not Tell...... I would definately go with the fact that your husband told you not to say anything. I learned long ago never to get involved in other couple's business. At first the wife may believe you, but in the long run the tables turn.. The couple usually stays together and ends up hating you! Your husband is completely right by telling you not to say anything.
Posts: 50 | From: New York City, USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so yal would rather loose a friend a dear friend in order to keep her cheatin liein husbands secret?
not me i will always tell!!no matter how much it hurts hur cas in the end!!she will always know i will be here for her!!!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *****     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

It is a very old quote that my grandmother told me as a child [Smile]
I understand and accept all opinions, however, either way u look at it you are stuck bwteen a rock and a hard place. Personally I would never tell, turning a blind eye does not mean you condone this behaviour, outcome if you tell just not worth the risk of hurting a person. I am sure this man used protection, to lay you on a guilt trip in case he has STD is not on.

Posts: 564 | From: planet earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparkle16
Member # 13047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparkle16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not your place to tell her...she is not a relative or a close friend...let them work out their own problems.
Posts: 206 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would tell her also

--------------------
Often Times the Greatest statements are made in silence...listen with your Heart.

Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KhrystianA
Member # 13967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KhrystianA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turning a blind eye DOES MEAN CODONING THIS BEHAVIOR! If you see it and say nothing knowing it's going on then that is allowing it to continue plain and simple.
Posts: 46 | From: Ina Makha | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
Well, I remember the mufti saying something about this. He said not to tell, because he could change and if there's still room for change and you tell on him you could be ruining a possibly good (in the future) marriage.

Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KhrystianA
Member # 13967

Even if he changes he still cheated on her and that is unacceptable under any circumstances.
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bokragirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sticky situation. I'd probably just lay low and and not say anything. She'll find out sooner or later.
Posts: 82 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
well if u were being cheated on what yr sayin is u would want yr friend not to tell u so what happenes happens?
u think its cool for yr man to cheat on you!!
well if my friend didnt tell me she was never really my friend!!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would tell !!
My best mate found out her husband cheated with his brothers wife !! This woman befriended my mate got so close just so she could worm her way into this guys pants ! My mate found out and went through hell with him but she forgave him and is ok with it now.
But she always swears if she had to re-live that again she would have to know so that she would be able make her own decision with all the facts in front of her !
Personally if it happened to me also i would like the truth !!!
regardless of the outcome she makes as the wife, no one put a gun to the guys head to do what he did ! why should she be kept in the dark ??
would u like it ???? there lies your answer

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would definately tell!!!
If she falls out with me for this so be it but if i was in that position i would be more angry that people new and kept it secret therefore humiliating me... 'Do unto others as you would have then do unto you'...

Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com