EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Dilemma

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dilemma
Isis84
Member # 14716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isis84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really an intellectual one - but I seem to like Egyptian food a lot, especially sweets [Smile] and my wedding ring is getting tight on my finger ... So the question is: should I go on a diet or ask my husband to buy me some more diamonds? [Big Grin]
Posts: 119 | From: here and there | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's easier? [Smile]
Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LoL Isis you make me to laugh.Btw wellcome to ES,glad to see one cheerful lady around!:DI wanted to answer the posts last night to wellcome you but i was just too sleepy.
So..on your Dilemma...trust me honey you are not the only one with this problem,loll [Big Grin]
I would go on a diet..and sure if its possible for him..he could buy to you some more diamonds,lol

--------------------
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Isis84:
Not really an intellectual one - but I seem to like Egyptian food a lot, especially sweets [Smile] and my wedding ring is getting tight on my finger ... So the question is: should I go on a diet or ask my husband to buy me some more diamonds? [Big Grin]

both [Wink]
Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis84
Member # 14716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isis84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mashi, I will negotiate the number of small diamonds for the number of kilos I lose [Smile]

The only problem is - I actually like Egyptian sweets much more than diamonds ... [Smile] They taste much much better and they last too (sometimes forever) - you can feel them all over your body [Smile]

Posts: 119 | From: here and there | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mashi, I will negotiate the number of small diamonds for the number of kilos I lose [Smile]

The only problem is - I actually like Egyptian sweets much more than diamonds ... [Smile] They taste much much better and they last too (sometimes forever) - you can feel them all over your body [Smile]

So what are your favorite Egyptian sweets?

Baklawa
Konafa
Konafa with Eshta - hot from the oven
Konafa with Pistashios ( fosdo2)
Bassboossa
Om Ali
Bala7 el Sham
Mehalabeya
Roz Bel laban
Lookoom - Malban

Feel free to add some [Wink]

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis84
Member # 14716

All of the above, but I like bassboossa and Om Ali the most [Smile]

Sahlab is grat to in this cold weather here [Smile]

Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I will be upfront with you and share with you how some men think. Before I continue – I just hope that I won’t be bashed for what I type because food and women is a very sensitive issue. If you are getting out of the weight range and frame size that your husband first saw you, then you need to cut down on the sweets.

Some Egyptian men could care less one bit and this should be reassuring to you. Some do and if you are demanding in what his appearance, then consider his feelings also. I have a personal question for you – do you discuss this matter with your husband?

Most if not all aspects of marriage are based on mutuality. If it is not a problem then why burden yourself and if it is then talk about it with him?

Ask him what he thinks. I know some women will be like: well who cares what the man thinks and it is the women's right to eat sweets or not. Hey all i am saying is when husbands and wives first meet - then that should be the standard to remain in.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiled:
quote:

I will be upfront with you and share with you how some men think. Before I continue – I just hope that I won’t be bashed for what I type because food and women is a very sensitive issue. If you are getting out of the weight range and frame size that your husband first saw you, then you need to cut down on the sweets.

Some Egyptian men could care less one bit and this should be reassuring to you. Some do and if you are demanding in what his appearance, then consider his feelings also. I have a personal question for you – do you discuss this matter with your husband?

Most if not all aspects of marriage are based on mutuality. If it is not a problem then why burden yourself and if it is then talk about it with him?

Ask him what he thinks. I know some women will be like: well who cares what the man thinks and it is the women's right to eat sweets or not. Hey all i am saying is when husbands and wives first meet - then that should be the standard to remain in.

thats funny i wish men could get pregant
cas there are alot of issues with this weight thing!!
if a man loves the women no matter what if she gets fat then why should he change?
u dont see alot of women leavin the men cas they get older and fat!!its mostly men!
now if they got togeather and he said hey if u ever get fat im gone then its her choice to remain in that situation!
walid doesnt care that im fat!!
cas hes fat too!
lol
i love him just the way he is!!!!!

oooooooo and i aint bashing u for yr reply!!!
no need for bashing cas everyone has thier own thoughts!!!

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis84
Member # 14716

Oh, it's not a serious problem, it's been just 2 kilo in last 3 months [Smile]

And he says he loves all of me [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

i agree [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:
quote:

thats funny i wish men could get pregant
cas there are alot of issues with this weight thing!!
if a man loves the women no matter what if she gets fat then why should he change?
u dont see alot of women leavin the men cas they get older and fat!!its mostly men!
now if they got togeather and he said hey if u ever get fat im gone then its her choice to remain in that situation!
walid doesnt care that im fat!!
cas hes fat too!
lol
i love him just the way he is!!!!!

oooooooo and i aint bashing u for yr reply!!!
no need for bashing cas everyone has thier own thoughts!!!

Tina you are officially funny. [Smile]

And you are absolutely right, I completely dismissed the weight gain attributed to pregnancy. This is actually problematic if say X amount of weight remains and is compounded with each additional child.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's whack is when I lost about 15lbs in our 3rd year of marriage (just busy, and was out of the house alot) he asked me if I was "unhappy". As if lossing weight meant I was unhappy.

Yet is a sign that a man is happily married when he gains a hefty about of weight. Hence our marriage was a success in certian ways [Roll Eyes] :eyerolling: .

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RM you speak the truth.... But Egyptian men confuse me so much, they insist on feeding you... Then if you gain weight other than pregnancy they are not happy... and if you lose weight they are not happy... I have lost so much weight, i am down to 43kilos and my Habeeby says exactly that - are you unhappy? No i am just busy... [Confused]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bokragirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whatever you are comfortable with! can you get your ring sized?
Posts: 82 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com