EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What is Your Astrology Sign? Do You Believe in Compatability Between Sun Signs ? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What is Your Astrology Sign? Do You Believe in Compatability Between Sun Signs ?
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you believe in Astrology? Does Your sign fit you? What signs do you get along with best when it comes to Love? Which signs do you not get along with and avoid?
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not that I really believe in Astrology but in an English coursebook for my students there are 12 descriptions of profiles. They have to guess which one corresponds to their sign of the Zodiac.
Each year I am surprised lots of them can pick the right one.
The profile describes their positive AND negative traits.
Leo is known to be bossy, dominant and sometimes bullying. I can tell after a few weeks of school if there is a Leo in the classroom.
My sign of the Zodiac is Aquarius.
I get along with Saggitarians, Gemini, Pisces, Cancerians, Libras, Scorpios, etc.

There aren't any signs of the Zodiac that I avoid, I just avoid people sometimes [Wink] [Wink] .

I have to admit that I wanted my son to be Saggitarian and yes... [Wink] he was born in the 'right' month. [Wink] [Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am married for 30 years and according to the western astroly with somebody I should have to avoid because it never works, hehe.
Nice details is that his sign is my ascedent sign, so in astrology I'm a split personality, and that seems to be very bad.
I'm more into Chinese astrology specially because my husband is a goat!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm Taurus, very grounded, probably another word for boring! Other half is Aquarius, His profile fits him so well. We're not supposed to be that compatable but it seems to work. Ex was a fire sign, need I say more! Couldn't cope with the temper.. Chinese wise I'm a dragon.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Capricorn, although some things dont apply ( i think) also born in the year of the monkey [Big Grin] that does apply [Big Grin]

I get on with female scorpios quite well but was married to a male scorpio for years, passion was not his strong point unless it had an engine. [Wink]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a cancer and my husband is a scorpio- the signs are a very compatiable match. So i seem to agree with it. We are both water signs and home bodies. I can always relate to my cancer sign- loves family, security and very passionate. IF you asked anyone I am sure they would also agree that everyone wants a strong family, lots of security and everyone thinks that they are passionate. So it could work for any sign. According to the stars though my husband and I are a perfect match for each other. I agree completely.

--------------------
Tootsie

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a thing like astrology in Egyptian culture. It works with the classical elements like earth, water and fire, and on the numbers of the date of birth and the name. It seemed a mix between numerology and something else, didn't understand arabic enough to understand the method. The result was the element, the appropiate gem, and a warning for my weaknesses...
[Wink]
I have no idea what it is called...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an Aries, yes the profile matches.

But I don't believe in the least it can be used for prophesy.

I know my ex was just floored by the fact that westerners believe in this concept.

--------------------
Offend one offend all during the season.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am Leo but I don't really fit the profile for Leo's. I know I am not bossy or bullying & I don't have to be the center of attention. BUT, I was born on the 24th of July so I am only a leo by one day. [Smile]
My hubby is Virgo. I am not sure if the signs are suppose to be compatable as I don't know much at all about astrology but we get along fine. My extent of astrology is reading our daily horoscoopes.

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
foreign luvr - from the complete book of astrology
leo/virgo This is a difficult on to call. Leo will find virgo's cool approach very sexy and virgo will love the warmth of leo. leo will overlook virgo's tendency to be critical, while virgo is more analytically astute than leo who may not appreciate being picked apart by virgo. Leo may take for granted much of the work and assistance that virgo provides.

Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

tootsie - cancer/scorpio
both signs value emotional commitment asnd cancer's sensuality is ignited by scorpio's dynamic passions. Cancer's possessiveness will actually make scorpio feel reassured. Together they will build a little love cocoon and block out the rest of the world. This relationship has great intimacy,intensity,and dept. A recipe for great things getting better all the time.

Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a cancer, god I hate saying that. I think generally what I've seen of the profile fits me. And I've found that the guys I tend to date fall in certain signs that are compatible with mine, I don't do it on purpose, just the way it works out.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Taurus. I recently found out that most of my closest female/male friends are Scorpios. I wonder why...
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am the lion =LEO
Generous and warmhearted
Creative and enthusiastic
Broad-minded and expansive
Faithful and loving

my hubby =Gemini
Adaptable and versatile
Communicative and witty
Intellectual and eloquent
Youthful and lively

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Makbeta says these signs sit exactly opposite to each other on the zodiac, and as with much opposite matchings they will be strongly physically attracted and intrigued by each other.
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Micky - Gemini/Leo finally an ego large enough to laugh in the face of gemini's flirtations! Leo will not see gemini's coquetry as an insult to their relationship, rather as an example of leo's largesse in sharing his gorgeous and vivacious partner around. An affectionate pair who have a great time together, they will be constantly trying to upstage each other in social settings, but the both love a laugh and can see the funny side of their dramatic coupling. They will be in great demand at dinner parties.
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
i am the lion =LEO
Generous and warmhearted
Creative and enthusiastic
Broad-minded and expansive
Faithful and loving

my hubby =Gemini
Adaptable and versatile
Communicative and witty
Intellectual and eloquent
Youthful and lively

i am also a gemini and we have evil twins hahahahah watch out for his evil twin
lol

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he doesnt have one . he is one of a kind [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are both Pisces [Big Grin]

When a Pisces woman and a Pisces man are dating, they may never wake up from their romantic dream state!
The Pisces woman and Pisces man share an extraordinary spiritual and psychic bond. They instantly feel as if the other half of their own soul has connected and may give over their identity entirely to the other. This can be dangerous because Pisces does not have a strong sense of identity to begin with.

This dating pair will enjoy creative and imaginative pursuits together as well as helping to save the world. Sexually they will be so immersed in their bond that they end up saving each other as well.

Compatibility Rating: *****

Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habeeby - have a wonderful day on Feb 14th! [Smile]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I m Libra.

Diplomatic and urbane
Romantic and charming
Easygoing and sociable
Idealistic and peaceable
but,
Indecisive and changeable
Gullible and easily influenced
Flirtatious and self-indulgent

I think it's me..
[Big Grin]

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea what my sign is. [Confused]

--------------------
MEOW

Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bastet*Loves*Ptah:

Really?? Just give your date of birth (not the year [Wink] )
I will tell you your sign of the Zodiac but I won't predict your future... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oct. 31st

--------------------
MEOW

Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
You are Scorpio then. [Smile]
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
ohhhhhhh I am!? [Big Grin] Is that good? [Big Grin]

--------------------
MEOW

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
quote:

I will tell you your sign of the Zodiac but I won't predict your future... [Big Grin]

I know I'm a scorpio, how about the predicting my future part .... ?
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
quote:
ohhhhhhh I am!? [Big Grin] Is that good? [Big Grin]

Yup, it is! [Smile]
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
quote:

I know I'm a scorpio, how about the predicting my future part .... ?
ok, I'll have a look at my crystal ball. [Wink]

Your future looks bright. As you are determined, powerful in feelings and emotions, subtle and intense, ... you will be successful in anything you do.
The keyword for Scorpios is HEAT... so this sounds promising. [Cool] [Cool]

FOR ALL SCORPIOS: (predictions for tomorrow [Wink] )

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Today sees a dramatic turnaround to what had been a disorganized mess. Someone who cares will help. Take note; this person could play a bigger role in your life in the near future.

[Smile]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dramatic turnaround = Physics exam.

Oh Phuck.

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
Dramatic turnaround = Physics exam.

Oh Phuck.

and i am that someone who cares ;)so get off here and start studying [Smile]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
lol, it's gonna take a lot more than that....
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
get off and study or we beat you!

hows that?

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Oh good, free judo practice. Lol.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
tai kwon do [Razz] get it right mister.,
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
I'm pretty sure what I know is Judo. Lol.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
study study study [Wink]
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am aquarius. it fits me to a tee. however being a twin i was born weeks earl , so i count myself a little bit of pisces as well !
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am a scorpio and yes i do believe. every time i get a new guy i look up his sign and they are pretty accurate.
my man now is a scorpio like me and let me tell u its some hot stuff! scorps can read each others thoughts too i swear...we are always doing that.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Awowowowow, Reachin into your thoughtzzz.
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Makbeta... I am so nervouse and feeling overwhelmed by the whole thing [Eek!]
Instead of looking forward to it i just want it all to be over and for me to be on my honeymoon [Wink] Will post my photo's when i return x

Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
have a great time habeeby, best of luck to you [Smile]
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by elizabethN:
Do you believe in Astrology? Does Your sign fit you? What signs do you get along with best when it comes to Love? Which signs do you not get along with and avoid?

I don't believe in Astrology. In Islam, this is considered as self-deception.

Nobody can really give characteristics of someone's character or predict precisely their actions based on date of birth or stars.

The life experience, genetics, environment, nurture and family structure often decided all together what kind of people we are and what characteristics we get in the process.

We also change. For example I could be as soft and romantic as Cancer, dominant as Leo and free spirit as Sag.

I could be focused on finances as Virgo, love my mother like Aquarius and be undecided like Gemine.

I could fight for Justice like Libra, never forget some painful experience like Scorpio and daydream like Pisces.

I know some people who virtually follow every week what's going to happen and believe it will actually happen.

I had a friend who was Editor and wrote herself horoscope on weekly bases for fun whatever comes to her mind that morning.

It's Self-deception because we could reject someone who would be good if we focus on astrology compability instead on real life compatibility.

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
tootsie - cancer/scorpio
both signs value emotional commitment asnd cancer's sensuality is ignited by scorpio's dynamic passions. Cancer's possessiveness will actually make scorpio feel reassured. Together they will build a little love cocoon and block out the rest of the world. This relationship has great intimacy,intensity,and dept. A recipe for great things getting better all the time.

thanks Elizabeth- I love that. Its so true for us- we really do make each other feel secure.
Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gemini. Have no idea what that means though to be honest~
[Big Grin]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hah i'M A CAPRICORN

I think it definately desrcibes me to a tee !!
I find it funny i am attracted to guys with similar if not same star sign ! I'm with an Aries now and yes we are having a battle of horns ! [Razz] Who will win title of BOSS !!
I will see in time....
Generally i get on with most people, scorpio guys i really aviod with a vengeance ! Something to do with them thinking their sex on legs i think ??? [Big Grin]
[Razz] I just love to say NO thanks! oh their little faces [Razz]
Chinese sign i'm a Dragon !! A goat that spits fire.... Who on earth wants to be with that??? (sorry thats not an invitation just a joke !) [Big Grin]

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I found it amusing to check the astrology section once in a while in the newspapers/internet, until a friend that worked for a newspaper told me a 'funny' story that happened in her department!
Some co-workers mixed up the text under the astrological signs by mistake at one point, and then for 'fun' always mixed it!! Not very ethical, but that is what happened, she said.

The strange part is the tons of 'mail' they used to get from happy and convinced readers that discussed the astrology column!

A lot of Egyptians/Muslims do not believe in Astrology because it is considered : Illusional or lies, a sort of DAGAL, thus, HARAM (unlawful)
On the other hand some believe it is ok and consider it HEKMA (from wise studies) because it is a scientific study.

Where are you SMUCKERS for the translation here? [Wink]

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *****     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Habeeby wish u all of the best

--------------------
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Posts: 564 | From: planet earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No i dont, but there again, im in a baaaaddd mood.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Almaz.:
quote:

I found it amusing to check the astrology section once in a while in the newspapers/internet, until a friend that worked for a newspaper told me a 'funny' story that happened in her department!
Some co-workers mixed up the text under the astrological signs by mistake at one point, and then for 'fun' always mixed it!! Not very ethical, but that is what happened, she said.

The strange part is the tons of 'mail' they used to get from happy and convinced readers that discussed the astrology column!

A lot of Egyptians/Muslims do not believe in Astrology because it is considered : Illusional or lies, a sort of DAGAL, thus, HARAM (unlawful)
On the other hand some believe it is ok and consider it HEKMA (from wise studies) because it is a scientific study.

Where are you SMUCKERS for the translation here? [Wink]

ROFL
Haram I know, Hekma or Dagal I will put on my list to learn about . [Wink]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com