EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Any Good News please .......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any Good News please .......
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read all the posts and have decided that they always seem to be bad - Egyptian men getting married or seeing Western women - using them for all different things ie, money visa etc..... Does any one have any good news to tell us... I would like to know if everyone who gets with an Egyptian man has trouble after trouble... cos reading some of the posts it seems that women always say BEWARE.... Does no one have any faith in these men...

Oh yes i am with an Egyptain guy ans so far no bad news... yes i am cautious but then why would i not be. x

Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis84
Member # 14716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isis84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have good news - been happily married with my Egyptian husband since June last year. I know him since October 2005 when he visited his sister and I was her roommate in a dorm when I was on a 1 year student exchange in the US. We liked each other at first sight, kept in touch and met often since then before getting married - at my home in Europe and I travelled to Egypt two times before. So far so good, we still travel a lot and life is never boring [Smile]

I wish you all the best and I am sure others will add their good stories. But as you know, bad stories make more news and are far more interesting to most people that is why you hear mostly those ...

Posts: 119 | From: here and there | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been happily married to my Egyptian man since October 2004, now living in Luxor since April 2007 and all is great. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh great,,,, so far some good news,,, lets hope there is more good news.
Did any of you experience the bad problems that some ES members have had. I do know i am not the only member wishing to hear good news, Many membersare scared to post there news and views and problems due to many others giveing grief along the way.
Good luck to you both...in your future ahead.

Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kleobatra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do believe in happy cross cultural marriages. I do believe in holiday romances that end up in serious commitments. I even believe in love at first sight. But I think that Egypt is one of those countries where a lot of sham marriages are going on between women from the west and local guys. Female tourists should be aware of that. Some guys are so desperate to get into more money or to leave the country they even would declare Godzilla their eternal love for it. But they forget they have to live with Godzilla when they are married. So the relationship is bound to fail from the beginning.
Posts: 119 | From: Where ever I lay my head... | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been happily divorced since last May 2007,and no regrets! [Wink]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
egypt2007, you have to be aware that the bad things DO happen and happen a LOT. It all depends on the man AND the woman, there are a LOT of western women who do come to Egypt for a 'bit of fun' and plenty of men willing to show them fun. A lot of women then start crying of being ripped off etc and sometimes the men also come on here and slag off the women, as it happening now in other threads.

Then there are those who are in good marriages who will tell their story, like me, and have others coming to tell you how blind or stupid you are and you will be soon put out to graze, so telling a good story is not something done too often here as everyone then starts to attack and they are just longing for the day you say it all fell apart.

All you can do is let them get on with their own ideas of how your life is, you know your man and no one else can tell you what he thinks. If you get any red flags then you have to decide whats right for you. Dont forget to LOVE YOU more than anything if something does raise a red flag. I know women who are being told by phone to bring or send money and if they dont its over, if you get anyting like that keep your self respect and tell him to go jump in the Nile.

Not ALL Egyptian men are rats, not ALL western women are easy. Some men want a visa some want money some want both, and will have many 'wives' as a means to that end. Then there are the others with one wife with no desire to leave Egypt and will happily get off his arse and work.

There are many happy stories although not all those women are on ES. Here we seem to have just the insane ones [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:

Mabruk sash [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i might be getting a new job as a manager for a well known restaurant in my area. had a phone interview yesterday , had to answer a lot of tough questions, they told me i am so qualified and so impressed with my answers. will get a call back today to see if i got the job,fingers crossed everyone xxxxx
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My good news is that I woke up to find out I'm not listed in today's obituaries! Any day above ground's a good one! [Smile]
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
My good news is that I woke up to find out I'm not listed in today's obituaries! Any day above ground's a good one! [Smile]

i thank god your still around [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
LOL @ doodle [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

everything crossed Micky, let us know

--------------------

cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not any bad news here either, not at all.

I just don't think people who are happy will tell that around, no reason to. People seem to write forums when something goes wrong and ask for advice (nothing wrong with it but that's why all posts seem so negative).

In my home country people mostly get annoyed if someone is telling how happy he or she is. So it's best to keep these things to yourself and enjoy what you have [Smile] It almost seems as too many people wish everyone else to be unhappy or something? Dunno [Confused]

I also know many other people IRL who are in happy relationships, have children etc. Bad stories I read only in Internet! But I see how things are here in Luxor...

Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
LOL @ doodle [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

everything crossed Micky, let us know

thanks girl [Wink]
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Hi all .... Just to let you all know. Its nice to know that there are some good stories around ES... I just get so fed up and so ill thinking here we go again another bad story what have i to watch for now.....its good to know that soem do get through.
zaphirelee
Member # 11074

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zaphirelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend is happily married since last June to a wonderful Egyptian.
Posts: 153 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am happily married since feb 07 to my wonderful husband and dispite all the bad crap people write here about egyptian men and what users they are, I take it in one ear and out the other. everyone needs to keep their eyes open when entering a relationship and doesn't matter where the person is from. We have honesty, trust, repect and much love for each other. I adore him!
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kentuckygirl9
Member # 9949

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kentuckygirl9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reading here can make you paranoid about your man. I first came here to ES looking about places to visit and to learn about the culture before going to Egypt. My daughter was at that time falling for Egyptian guy, and we went on vacation there and they met in person and our family had a great vacation. Everything was too great. He was too nice. Then you read on here and start questioning..... So we started spying on him. Had people check on him. Check his emails. Run checks on his email Ids. etc.Give him tests. We made up different yahoo IDs and tried to talk to him and he wouldnt respond at all. And you know what we found? Absolutely nothing. So we give up trying to prove he is user. After all he made a point one time that she talked to him first and found him, so she must be wanting him for an Egyptian citizenship. HAHA.
Posts: 41 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im happy too

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:

Somebody told me once:
Sometimes , paradoxically, we have to burn bridges in order to go forward.
It makes sense.

If no regrets, that's good. [Wink]

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im happy more so over last 3 weeks since my hubby came here to live [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you huni

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happily married to Egyptiam with a 1/2 Egyptian princess toddler for almost 5 years. See, not all stories are bad. You have several here just in this thread. [Smile]
Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis84
Member # 14716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isis84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Snapdragon on the princess - now that I have met some of my hisband's cousin's kids I want a prince as a first child to look exactly like him [Smile]
Posts: 119 | From: here and there | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well thank you so much Isis. Would you believe that your nickname was a name that my husband actually came up with for our daughter's name??? LOL Well needless to say we did NOT name her that.

My daughter looks exactly like daddy but with my eye and skin color... After she was born, we sent photos to his family, his mother said to my husband, "what did you do? Go and make a copy of yourself?" that is how it was translated. LOL

I am glad though. I was not sure what she would look like and I kept harassing my husband about it by saying "do you think she will have my eye color or yours?" "your hair color or mine?" "my this or your that? " LOL

After seeing several mixed raced babies (mostly American/European with Egyptian) they get a little of both parents which is great! Nice combinations. Gorgeous and unique!

Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis84
Member # 14716

Yes, I have seen some gorgeous babies from mixed couples myself - and on top of that everybody says that mixing genes make them smart too [Wink]

From what I have observed - there are more sparkles in children eyes here in Egypt than you would find lets say in Europe, maybe because of moslty dark color or maybe I just see them here more now because I am getting ready to have a child [Smile]

adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am happy too
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
civil society
Member # 14880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for civil society     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my best friend has been happily married to her egy husband for 6 years. there are good and bad in every country.
Posts: 253 | From: canuk | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Yes thre are, good and bad, its not easy though, we have many cultur differencs.
Its hard to adjust for sure, for me who had a free life for so long.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Well i am going back to college [Smile] i am taking criminal investigation:eek: i am so interested in this , i have been for years
never to old to learn who know i might be real good at it. [Smile]

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
ood luck Micky with collEGE, YOU ARE SO RIGHT TO CONTINUE FURTHER EDUCATION,GOOD FOR YOU.
nEVER TO OLD TO LEARN, I DID A COUPLE COURSES, ITS NICE TO DO ADULT EDUCATION AND YOU MEET LODS OF NICE PEOPLE TOO.
sORRY FOR SHOUTING HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egypt 2007:
I read all the posts and have decided that they always seem to be bad - Egyptian men getting married or seeing Western women - using them for all different things ie, money visa etc..... Does any one have any good news to tell us... I would like to know if everyone who gets with an Egyptian man has trouble after trouble... cos reading some of the posts it seems that women always say BEWARE.... Does no one have any faith in these men...

Oh yes i am with an Egyptain guy ans so far no bad news... yes i am cautious but then why would i not be. x

i have faith! i have not had the 'usual' trouble (money, visas, etc)...but we all know that ANY relationship (whether it's romantic, family, work, etc.) is hard work...trust your instincts...everyone's experience is different...some good, some bad.

ahtemenelak haya saeeda!

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very very happily married nearly 3 years ago in UK. Then we moved to Egypt. [Cool]

Dont take in all these fictitous'horror' stories here on ES by the way, they are just that!! fictitious

A lot made up by bored trolls in an attempt to cause friction. Easy to spot.

[Wink]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good to hear harankash and yes you are so right about the members here.
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Now if you asked about Egypt telecom and TEData that would be a different answer [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kleobatra:
I do believe in happy cross cultural marriages. I do believe in holiday romances that end up in serious commitments. I even believe in love at first sight. But I think that Egypt is one of those countries where a lot of sham marriages are going on between women from the west and local guys. Female tourists should be aware of that. Some guys are so desperate to get into more money or to leave the country they even would declare Godzilla their eternal love for it. But they forget they have to live with Godzilla when they are married. So the relationship is bound to fail from the beginning.

So true

Yes there are happy stories but personally I am wary of telling mine. 1) you get attacked and 2) someone could take your story as a recommendation.

I have seen soem awful stories and frankly I think the statistics are firmly against Western/Egyptian relationship. Often this is because of a lack of research and understandign on both sides. The same words mean different things 'a good wife' to her might mean having a great careeer and contributing equally to the family budget to him it means staying at home and having kids.

I have known my hubby since 2000 and I have been married since 2002, living in Egypt since 2003. We have a great relationship, different from the UK but it works. I so respect and admire him as does he, me.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
quote:
Originally posted by Kleobatra:

So true

Yes there are happy stories but personally I am wary of telling mine. 1) you get attacked and 2) someone could take your story as a recommendation.

I have seen soem awful stories and frankly I think the statistics are firmly against Western/Egyptian relationship. Often this is because of a lack of research and understandign on both sides. The same words mean different things 'a good wife' to her might mean having a great careeer and contributing equally to the family budget to him it means staying at home and having kids.

I have known my hubby since 2000 and I have been married since 2002, living in Egypt since 2003. We have a great relationship, different from the UK but it works. I so respect and admire him as does he, me.

Well said. [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats nice Akshar, i am glad you are happy. I understand what you mean about western/egyptain relationships. As someone pointed out recently there are more horror stories on boards like these because people who are happy don't tend to tell their stories. I met my hubby in 1993 and we married in 1995. I lived in Egypt for 4 years and had 2 children there (had another child here in the uk). We decided to come to the uk because of having the children really. We have been in the uk now for nearly 9 years and are very happy! We understand one another and work together on making our relationship work. We do intend to move back to egypt in the future after the kids have finished their studying.

There are many happy relationships on here and on the 'outside' but like i said people tend not to talk about them for fear of people being nasty (this has happened to me) on here, but hey as smuckers said recently you know the truth about your relationship who cares what others say! [Big Grin]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Again.. thanks im pleased fort he popel that have the guts to say they are happy... i have asked my man all the horrible questions that i have read on ES and he says "you read and listen to others too much,, try listening to me"..... so there you go.... i have to trust him but i am still cautious... Im out to Egypt in April and will have a great week without talking about ES worries... etc....

Thanks again x

goingthere
Member # 14911

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for goingthere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egypt 2007:
i have asked my man all the horrible questions that i have read on ES

What are these horrible questions I should be asking?
Posts: 21 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) how many wives have got
2) how many wives have you had
3) how many wives do you intend to have
4) how will you support me once we are married
5) how will you cope without children
6) will you live in Egypt with me
7) does your mother know about me
8) can I see the bills for the boat/car/house I bought you
9) can I see the bills for the operation your father had that I paid for
10) why do I have to be Muslim to marry you the Koran does not say that
11) will you let your mother cut our girls
12) is that your wife or your sister
13) why do you call me by the wrong name
14) whose clothes are these

Try those for starters [Big Grin]

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Eek!]
Glennie
Member # 14823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glennie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any one seen this [Confused]
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2127/2222093989_ffbbe9af83_o.jpg
The above is recommended if you are non-Muslim. Carry it with you at all times. What if the Islamic declaration is dated after the above? Tricky.

--------------------
Full of Milk

Posts: 220 | From: Little Egypt in Rural England | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I want one that says
'Hell Yeah Im Muslim'
'when dead, plant as Muslim'
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Glennie
Member # 14823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glennie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
I want one that says
'Hell Yeah Im Muslim'
'when dead, plant as Muslim'
[Big Grin]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Dont forget to say plant in the egyptian way . [Wink] [Big Grin]

you seen this one too ,i cant beleive this shite goes around ,
http://www.primechoice.com/philosophy/shelp/images/phonyhateflyer.jpg

Posts: 220 | From: Little Egypt in Rural England | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goingthere
Member # 14911

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for goingthere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Wow, this all seems very complicated. I guess I assumed he was unmarried/never married,but you know I never did ask! We are not at even discussing marriage at this point. Also no exchange of money, so that rules out a few more questions. I personally want to have children, so that rules out another.
Wants to live in Egypt, family does not know, but once again, not at that point yet at all.
However some questions I am confused about, why would his mother cut girls?
And from the sound of it, is it just a culture where you must expect that you husband will be cheating on you?
Not sure if I need to pursue this any further if that is the case.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
civil society
Member # 14880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for civil society     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by goingthere:
quote:

Wow, this all seems very complicated. I guess I assumed he was unmarried/never married,but you know I never did ask! We are not at even discussing marriage at this point. Also no exchange of money, so that rules out a few more questions. I personally want to have children, so that rules out another.
Wants to live in Egypt, family does not know, but once again, not at that point yet at all.
However some questions I am confused about, why would his mother cut girls?
And from the sound of it, is it just a culture where you must expect that you husband will be cheating on you?
Not sure if I need to pursue this any further if that is the case.

the question of girl cutting is about female genital mutilation. it is extremely prevalent in egypt, even though it is 'technically' illegal.

the other question of cheating is that an unfortunate number of egyptians do cheat on their wives and find little to nothing wrong with it. not that it's all of them nor necessarily only an egyptian phenomenon.

Posts: 253 | From: canuk | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goingthere
Member # 14911

Rate Member
LOL. Certainly they did not invent cheating! But if they are working on perfecting it, that is not very good news either.
Genital mutilation, wow. I thought that was becomng a thing of the past.
I dont know yeesterday I was all hell fire for giving it a go, today....
it all seems like a sure path to heartbreak and sadness

Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have good news - everything is going to plan at last 'YIPEEEEE'...
Work is under control - court statements, Care plans filed, etc so my leave has been agreed
[Big Grin]
I am up at this ungodly hour booking my flight and hopefully i will be in Alex about 2nd April

The wedding plans are taken care of, thanks to my Habeeby, his Family and our very good friends

The apartment in Alex is booked for 1 month - i am told it is on a private beach so i can laze about all day in my bikini (my only stipulation) Lol

Our honeymoon in Sharm is booked...

All i need to do now is find a way of getting my wedding dress to Egypt without losing it [Roll Eyes] I kid you not....

Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gamila64
Member # 14923

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gamila64         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt 2007, yes these mixed cultural marriages can last. This June will be 28 years anniversary for me and my Egyptian husband. It takes alot of give and take and I think this is true no matter who we marry. But make sure you know your Egyptian guys expectations of you before you ever marry him. Egypt is a very conservative society and he is used to certain roles for men and women. Get to know him well and spend alot of time together to see how he acts and reacts. But I have been very pleased with my Masri and always joke with him that if something ever happens to him I will have to get another one from Egypt, cuz I am so used to all the "harakat" now, I wouldn't know how to live without it.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com