EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » How to cope with missing your spouse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to cope with missing your spouse
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 9 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was married in Eygpt in Nov. So we have been married for almost 4 months. I am living in Canada and he is living in Egypt. We speak everyday by webcam, text and telephone. ITs just not enough, I miss him so much I can't stand it. I am planning to visit again in the next few months. I can't move their right now due to work committments. And we are working on the paper work for him to join me in canada. I am not willing to live in egypt on a permenant basis. How do you cope with the prolong absence? and putting your life on hold ? I am starting to get moody and depressed over missing him and not starting our married life. We are suppose to be newlyweds.
Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know exactly what you are saying, and i got married in december, but islamic, not at the embassy yet, it is tearing me apart, feeling so down and alone [Frown] everyone i see is with there partners n life goes on for them but i feel my life has stopped [Frown] , but i guess i new it would be like this, but i didn expect it to be so hard n lonely
Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is very hard. I am approaching my first year anniversary. I just returned Feb 12th from a month with my husband and its killing me. Does every time. The only thing you can do is phone calls so you hear his voice, especially right at bedtime. Keep as much contact as you can, and concentrate on your work and getting the process started for him to join you. Hopefully coming to canada is not as complicated as coming to the states. My husbands interview is coming up soon and Inshallah he will be with me very soon putting an end to all this torture. sorry you are suffering so, I know exactly how it is. I feel that i cant breathe most of the time.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy a gigolo. Buy a gigolo. This will fulfill your needs until you can be together and is cheaper and more fulfilling then phone call.
Posts: 133 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tacky. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is hard, I went through the exact same and the only way to deal with it is phone calls.
My wait was only 2 months ( UK ) but it killed me just the same. Nothing takes that breathless, sick, depressed feeling away until the day you meet at the airport I'm afraid.

Visiting him there somehow only made it worse, because you have to leave again.

One member I know here used to go to Egypt EVERY weekend. Late Fri to late Sun! it was that bad.
[Frown]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With almost 3 years of visits before I moved here it was hard but every visit was like a new honeymoon [Big Grin] . After going back home I would be ok for about 2 weeks, then depression would kick in, always around 2 weeks. It is hard but you knew it wouldnt be easy girls [Big Grin] It will be worth the wait inshaAllah and we all have each other who are or have been in the same boat so we can support each other. It will go in ups and downs, sometimes ou want no one you feel so low and then you come out of it a little, for a time, then back down that black hole. All you can do is hang on tight to your dreams until its reality.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same,it killed me, thank god we are together now, and i never have to leave him, even iff i want to sometimes after fights, im lucky.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tootsie:
I was married in Eygpt in Nov. So we have been married for almost 4 months. I am living in Canada and he is living in Egypt. We speak everyday by webcam, text and telephone. ITs just not enough, I miss him so much I can't stand it. I am planning to visit again in the next few months. I can't move their right now due to work committments. And we are working on the paper work for him to join me in canada. I am not willing to live in egypt on a permenant basis. How do you cope with the prolong absence? and putting your life on hold ? I am starting to get moody and depressed over missing him and not starting our married life. We are suppose to be newlyweds.

It's very difficult. It's been over a year since we first filed the visa paperwork and over 7 months since his interview. I wasn't doing so well for a couple of months, angry at everyone and everything and then a friend gave me a hadith that i now have taped to my monitor and I keep it in my pocket book. Basically God tests the ones He loves and the reward is proportionate to the test. Looking at it that way, I'd be leary if this whole process went quickly without any trying times involved. The way I handle this test will be judged. I know it may sound freaky but now when I feel pain about it I also feel loved, but not in a masochistic kind of way if that makes sense. lol
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimberley
Member # 5179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimberley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there if its to be then you will get through this very difficult time xxxx

I visted for 4 years before he came here to the UK hes been here now for 18mths we plan to move back to Egypt or at least build a home there in the next year or so but at the moment he loves it here different culture lifestyle and he see's my family everyday wow!
I used to get down as soon as the plane landed but perked up as the weeks went by, i was sad, missed him so much and hated not being able to see him at the end if the day [Roll Eyes]

Lifes good now but it as taken along time not the visa application but the decsion to make the right move, hes working got a car cridts cards (help) and lots of friends he misses h is own country but loves the UK xxxx

Posts: 206 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the support- somedays are worse than others. I am planning another visit soon. and i hope the application will not take too long, i am sure i am dreaming though.
It's nice to hear of all the success stories -and that the long wait was worth it in the end.

--------------------
Tootsie

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kentuckyD
Member # 13076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kentuckyD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Canada have a visa website for others going through the process? Visa Journey website is for US person going through the process and everyone can share their experiences and the process. Everyone has timelines to look at to kinda of get an idea of how long the process is for others in their country. They even had a chat party the night by daughters man had his interview and kept her company that night during the wait to see how the interview turned out. It helps to have the support of others going through the same exact thing.
Posts: 45 | From: Kentucky USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that I am aware of . It sounds like a good idea. I got time lines off of the Canadain immigration web site- they say it will take approx 6 months. . I know someone whose first part was processed in 44 days and it is now awaiting processing in cairo. which is the longer part.

--------------------
Tootsie

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been married 2 years to my husband and have been to Egypt 5 times. it is very difficult, hang in there.it will be a year since i was there, but now he will be coming here end of this month or beginning of April. i don't know how i got threw those 2 years [Confused]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
i have been married 2 years to my husband and have been to Egypt 5 times. it is very difficult, hang in there.it will be a year since i was there, but now he will be coming here end of this month or beginning of April. i don't know how i got threw those 2 years [Confused]

You just do it, that's how you did it. For me I take it one day at a time. That's the only way 'cause if I think that I won't have seen him for a year (which looks likely) before he gets here I'll be a basketcase.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootsie
Member # 13946

I am on line checking prices for tickets to Egypt, not that I can really afford it right now. Does any one know what is considered a good price from Toronto to Egypt. I know it's cheaper to fly into Cairo than Alex- What's the cheapest month to fly and airline to fly with ?
I have to take action now or I will go crazy.

--------------------
Tootsie

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How to cope with missing your spouse:

Buy a Laser sight & go for a head-shot.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's really sad to hear, girls, I don't know if I would be able to stand that loneliness. You are all brave women and you know what you want, remember your goals.... and you will achieve it with time.

Good luck to everyone who's in the situation of waiting to be united with the husband!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im back out in April form a week and plan to live in Egypt ...... my relationship has only been goign since October and the waiting is killing me now..... Hands up to those who are years down the line and still suffering the waiting. .....Hope i dont have to wait that long i would not be able to cope... I ahve to call at stupid hours in the morning as i cant sleep from thinking and thinking.... Everyone thinks im mad,,,, but no just his crazy lover.. ahhha
Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

quote:
Originally posted by tootsie:
I am on line checking prices for tickets to Egypt, not that I can really afford it right now. Does any one know what is considered a good price from Toronto to Egypt. I know it's cheaper to fly into Cairo than Alex- What's the cheapest month to fly and airline to fly with ?
I have to take action now or I will go crazy.

I don't know about Canada but if you sign up with kayak.com (free membership) they will search three days before and after to get the best price. They scour all of the airline sites for you.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cheapair.com i found the cheapest from usa to cairo
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Micky how much was the oneway from Cairo to Penn?
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
on egyptian air it will cost 482.00usd 2630 eg. pounds he is flying into ny first then we will get a bus back to PA

WHERE ARE YOU?

doodlebug
Member # 11649

Boston. I'd just drive there and go get him but the airfare I'm looking at for next week is way about $1,000. It's cheaper to do it a month in advance I guess but we shall see what will happen with the visa first. I would love that price that you're showing but you must have booked in advance?
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i have reservations but didn't commit yet.but i will as soon has he has all the money in hand. just look up egy.air and put in your date and make sure it is 1 way [Razz] [Razz] its only 2 hours to ny from here we can handle that
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
cant you wait a couple more weeks? it would be cheaper [Razz]
doodlebug
Member # 11649

If I wait then it'd have to be a month being what my work schedule is like and that's when I'm having my surgery. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
best of luck the fingers are crossed and the toes also [Big Grin] [Smile]
kimberley
Member # 5179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimberley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was really hard being apart for approx 4 1/2 years now hes here in the UK iv forgot about the heartache but hang in [Wink]
Posts: 206 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brendaandakram
Member # 14139

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brendaandakram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we got married on 8yh jan this year at the ministry in Cairo its very hard but theres not much to do its in the hands of the Embassey.we talk everyday and we both have bebo it all helps.just waitting and waitting lol i dont do patience very well
Posts: 52 | From: belfast ireland | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootsie
Member # 13946

quote:
Originally posted by kimberley:
It was really hard being apart for approx 4 1/2 years now hes here in the UK iv forgot about the heartache but hang in [Wink]

Its been 4 months and I am going nuts- He is sooooo slow at getting all the paper work together, and we keep running into problems getting things completed. I guess the systems in egypt are just slower than canada. He is suppose to mail me everything tomorrow, once I receive it, I can file- then we start the real wait. Thats if I have not made any mistakes , I have no idea how I will cope with it. inshallah.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
keep yourself busy and be patient. thats all i can say. i know it isn't easy but you will look back on it one day and say how did i do it. but you will good luck to you tootsie [Wink]
tootsie
Member # 13946

Thanks Micky A- I have been having a very down week. I just want it all to be over and for us to start our lives together.

--------------------
Tootsie

tootsie
Member # 13946

I am going out to buy myself a new outfit and maybe get my nails done. Spending money always cheers me up.

--------------------
Tootsie

happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spending money on yourself it ALWAYS a great idea tootie [Big Grin] Theres nothing like alittle retail threapy!

Hang in there, i know it is hard but it will be worth it in the end!

Good luck hope everything goes well! [Wink]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com