EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Question about non-married couples in Egypt (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Question about non-married couples in Egypt
SaraLee
Member # 15420

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SaraLee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm just wondering what is the reason why the police will stop the couple when they are just walking? i mean, about what thing they are blaming them, if they are just walking and talking? do they wanna make sure that there is nothing sexual between them or what? what they are going to ask of them and what do them if they find out that they are "couple"? [Confused] is there any sense to go to meet my bf??
Posts: 13 | From: Oslo | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saralee, it isn't that bad as believe it or not sometimes a girl can walk with a boy and they actually are just friends.

I have never been stopped and I have never even thought twice about linking arms with my male friends.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You shouldnt get any trouble walking in the streets together. We didnt at all.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SaraLee:
i'm just wondering what is the reason why the police will stop the couple when they are just walking?

Because they are bored and wanna have some fun,,Thats the only real hidden reason if they are up to stop any couple who just walking,,Otherwise they will not.
Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they are jealous also, who knows, maybe they will make a few pound out of giving people some hassle. Most people pay here there way out of situations.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Misho I think you are right regarding the boredom thing. We were stopped in the car a few times in Sharm, which I don't mind, rather they were being vigilant than not. I think it was simply because I was in the car and they wanted to find fault.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ True Yorkie,,But on the other hand,,I believe it depend on the prsonalities,,Some paying pounds work with them,,Others threating be more effective with them as I think,,But however,,I believe that who will go into the trouble is the egyptian side,,No harm as I believe will going to happen to the foreigner at all,,Most of them will be panic if it come to foreigner specially who is from US or Europe.

Yeah YAH,,Its actually like that,,Many could be not busy with anything else so they are trying to make themselves busy and on the other hand finding "The fault" mean more satisfaction from their heads,,So the attempt to find the fault would be so haard even if it means "Fabrication".

Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Misho, So true!!!!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hossamsaid
Member # 13042

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hossamsaid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i feeling all the foreign woman hate the Egyptian police and i want say not them alon the Egyptian people alos hate the Egyptian police . so sorry to any body have any problem with police here and i think any police in any country hate
Posts: 48 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not all foreign women hate the Egyptian Police as I have two very close friends who are in the police and they have proven themselves to be very good friends to me.
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on which part of Egypt, what you are doing, and of course it does not apply if both of you are foreign.

Actually I have got asked for my marriage papers ore times travelling with my brother in law than with my husband. He often takes me on errands, doctors, shopping, dentist. We get stopped asked about the relationship. He says this is my brothers wife. I have to produce marriage papers .

Best to go on your Egyptian man's word as he knows his town, local police etc

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SaraLee
Member # 15420

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SaraLee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok.. i'm just wondering what is _the thing_ police can blame you if he stops you? walking in the street? can he just blaim that you have something sexual between you and your man?? and how you get out of the situation?

it feels nice to hear that i can go there and not be so worried about police, but i just wanna know what happens if he stops us.. and this

--------------------
om jag är ensam finns du här??

Posts: 13 | From: Oslo | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hossamsaid
Member # 13042

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hossamsaid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
saralee the police stoped you when see you walk with egyptian man and the police will dont speak with foreign woman he will speak with egyptian man and will asq him whats your relation by this woman if he answer this my wife ok the police will asq on the married contract . if him have it ok the police will say to him ok you can go . but if he dont have that the police will take him for make investigation with him and may be you dont see him again
Posts: 48 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian7:
true pink cherry ,but if they caught u having sex with a man without marriage documents ,they can make a case that this woman is a pros

So you mean if I had an Egyptian guy over at my house, the police would actually knock on my door in the middle of the night in order to catch us in flagranti and ask for marriage documents?

Sorry, but I believe that's nonsense.

I know couples who even lived together without any kind of document and never had a problem.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dalia i said it almost never happens unless one of the police officers wants to take revenge or have a personal problem with her b.f and tey can only do that with poor ppl cuz they know they r just trying to abuse this women,by the way they dont knock they get the door into pieces and i was once with one of my freinds who did tat with egyptians ,somepolice officers dont care whether u r a foreigner or not but the most just leave foreigners do what they want cuz they know at the end their embassy will protect them

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also as my freind told me there arent cases like that cuz there has some body to report abt that and usually its one of the family s members who isnt happy by that lol also he or she should specify a time when the police goes also he will be held responsible 4 false reporting if there wasnt anything so these cases are never happening but if the egyptian guy is really poor the police can scare him and cause him some troubles in his life

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
also as my freind told me there arent cases like that cuz there has some body to report abt that and usually its one of the family s members who isnt happy by that lol also he or she should specify a time when the police goes also he will be held responsible 4 false reporting if there wasnt anything so these cases are never happening but if the egyptian guy is really poor the police can scare him and cause him some troubles in his life,also he can just take him as unfortunately we have an emergency law

--------------------
islam

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
and tey can only do that with poor ppl cuz they know they r just trying to abuse this women

Exactly. It is not very likely to happen if you live in a more upscale neighbourhood. Of course I wouldn't suggest moving in with your boyfriend if you live in Bulaq or Imbaba.

But that's the point, we have to differentiate. Many people reading this board have never been to Egypt, so I feel they should be given a clearer picture and not being scared into believing they might get arrested if they just walk down the street with their guy. [Wink]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
no they wont but still she has to be able to choose a guy that protect her and not a guy from boulaq or imbaba as u mentioned

--------------------
islam

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boulaq, Imbaba.... What are they? Favellas of Cairo? [Big Grin]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
but still she has to be able to choose a guy that protect her and not a guy from boulaq or imbaba as u mentioned

I can't imagine any foreign woman living here would pick a guy from Bulaq or Imbaba. [Roll Eyes]
No offence to people from those neighbourhoods, but it is highly unlikely.

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:
true pink cherry ,but if they caught u having sex with a man without marriage documents ,they can make a case that this woman is a pros

So you mean if I had an Egyptian guy over at my house, the police would actually knock on my door in the middle of the night in order to catch us in flagranti and ask for marriage documents?

Sorry, but I believe that's nonsense.

I know couples who even lived together without any kind of document and never had a problem.

As I said it depends on where you are, this happens in Luxor all the time. That is why many landlords will not rent to couples in that situation. You get regular police raids, you have to have their marriage papers. But I repeat it does not apply to two foreigners only to a foreigner and an Egyptian. Remember sex outside marriage is illegal in Egypt. It is the Egyptian man that is breaking the law not you. and yes if he does not have contacts within the police to get bride then he will be taken off and arrested.
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
As I said it depends on where you are

That was one of the points I made. [Wink]

quote:
this happens in Luxor all the time. That is why many landlords will not rent to couples in that situation.
How come? Didn't you just claim Egypt is such a haven of morality where sex outside of marriage hardly ever happens? So why would there be regular police raids on unmarried couples?
Mariar
Member # 15413

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mariar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
but still she has to be able to choose a guy that protect her and not a guy from boulaq or imbaba as u mentioned

I can't imagine any foreign woman living here would pick a guy from Bulaq or Imbaba. [Roll Eyes]
No offence to people from those neighbourhoods, but it is highly unlikely.

I agree with that. My BF has lived 6 years in Scandinavia, that is the way I know him. I wouldn't pick a guy from Bulaq or Imbaba, because it would be too different world views between us, if you know what I mean.

And somebody asked didn't my BF tell me about this stuff. Of course he has told. He is just sure that policeman doesen't stop us in the streets, and I because I have heard that things like that may happen, I wanted to hear experiences.

Posts: 19 | From: Untill September Finland, after that Ukraine | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

quote:
this happens in Luxor all the time. That is why many landlords will not rent to couples in that situation.
How come? Didn't you just claim Egypt is such a haven of morality where sex outside of marriage hardly ever happens? So why would there be regular police raids on unmarried couples?

Luxor and Hurghada twinned with Sodom and Gomorrah

you'd be safer and less likely to catch something having a bf from Bulaq or Imbaba
[Wink]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SaraLee
Member # 15420

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Hossamsaid:
but if he dont have that the police will take him for make investigation with him and may be you dont see him again

okay.. but what on earth is the thing they can blame my bf if we have just walked on the street?? i mean, can they blame that you walked with the girl in the street who you are not married?? is that illegal or something? [Confused]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

quote:

*wipes coffee off screen*

cant say I have ever seen or heard of this happening at all since I have been here or been visiting here.

And why is it acceptable to be alone with your husbands brother in a car? surely they could pounce on that one if they're after catching all these people together and unmarried as you're not married to his brother and could be having a mad affair. [Eek!]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The MAIN reason you COULD be stopped with an Egyptian man is to make sure he is not hassling you!

I know its unheard of but there is a slight bit of hassle here for felucca, boats, taxis, caleche, perfume shops owned by uncle, papyrus shops owned by another uncle and Alabaster factories owned by anyone who will pass over commission.

The foreign party should intervene with the police discussion to show that you are OK with this man being with you, that hes not following or hassling you. You do not have to have a marriage paper to be seen in the street with an Egyptian man. The police that stop a couple are generally the Tourist Police, there for YOUR safety.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Well I don't know what it is about my brother in law but we have been stopped on the bridge checkpoint more times than I care to remember, I think I have been stopped with my husband about 3 times, but with BIL at least 20.

When I first came here I was staying at a flat down at Ramla. One night the police came, it was so weird, I asked the landlord about it and he said they did it about every 3 months. That was 5 years ago but I know it still happens because of our friends who own 4 flats down at Ramla.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

SaraLee
Member # 15420

Rate Member
what if we just tell policeman we are just friends or something? i mean, how they can blame us if we are just walking in the street? what is the thing they can blame my bf? walking in the street lol? i don't think it is illegal just normally walk with somebody even if you are not married?

--------------------
om jag är ensam finns du här??

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Jane everyone gets stopped on the bridge checkpoint and especially at night, although I have only been stopped once and I got out and asked the police what was the problem and hubbys ID was given back to him immediately.

Tourists, for some wierd reason, are not supposed to travel over the bridge at night. All cars with a possible tourist will be stopped and asked questions at night and some during the day too. If its a taxi its not so bad but a private car with a possible tourist female (decided on whether she is covered or not) will be questioned incase you have been kidnapped and bundled into a car by your brother in law. [Big Grin]

Ramla is a well known area for tourists with a passing trade in Egyptian men and boys! Many ex pats choose to live in Ramla for the Nile Views and the area has a bad name. There have been a number of paedophiles (sp) living in this area so if anywhere on the West Bank gets raided its there. I do also know normal, decent people who live in Ramla who never have any problems so maybe its just a few well known flats that get let to holiday flings. You canot stay together in a flat unless you have a paper, but even that can be got round with some landlords.

--------------------

Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plain and simple

If you are in a tourist resort like Hurghada and Luxor they have tourist police.

Their job is not so much to stop you being hassled as their brother and other male relatives may well be hassling you further up the road [Wink]
but to protect you from physical harm.

That is why they will check cars at checkpoints to see who is in the car and who is with you and the reason for travel. Why are they taking you into the desert???
They will stop you if you look a lot older than the guy.
They will stop you if he looks like the typical gigolo, they will stop you if he is in a galabeya, they will stop you if you the tourist look worried or concerned at all.
They will stop you if he is known to the police as a criminal.

The tourist resorts if you have not been before can be hell for a tourist.
Every step you take along the road, Corniche etc you will be stopped to buy something, to try to speak to you in your language, to get you into their shop or bazaar, children begging and holding their hands to their mouths, thrusting made in China artifacts into your hands to buy,general leering whistling and lewd comments, trying to get you to take fellucca rides, horse and caleche rides, buy papyrus or perfume, vivit their homes and family..............the list is endless.

If your guy looks about the same age as you and not a gigolo type, or known to the police, or any of the above you will not be stopped.

The custom here is not to show too much affection on the streets.
Hand holding or an arm over your shoulder crossing the road will not be a problem at all unless he is of the type above.

If he is of the type above they can arrest him and take him away for hours and leave you standing there in the street, just for looking a certain type, or if they are bored.
They will not try it on with anyone really of a higher class, or from the north, or who looks like they may be well connected, or an Egyptian who looks more European in clothing and looks.

It is perfectly legal to walk down the street with your guy, but not to share a hotel room or rental without being married.

In over 2 years of living here married to a Cairiene and travelled to all the major cities both north and south we have NOT EVER been stopped either in the car at checkpoints or in the street.

It all depends on how he looks looks, or if he is known to them, or if they are bored and think they can get away with it with not too much hassle.

You as the tourist will not be asked anything. They will not approach you at all, but you may find yourself left on the pavement as they drive him to the station [Frown]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mariar
Member # 15413

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mariar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doura, THANK YOU. Really clear and good answer between all these different opions. Thank you. I think I can go now and enjoy time with my bf. He is from North, people often think he is European because he has lived there, and I don't think he looks typical gigolo lol [Big Grin] I hope none of us will be arrasted.
Posts: 19 | From: Untill September Finland, after that Ukraine | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
originally posted by akshar:
Well I don't know what it is about my brother in law but we have been stopped on the bridge checkpoint more times than I care to remember, I think I have been stopped with my husband about 3 times, but with BIL at least 20.

quote:
originally posted by Doura:
They will stop you if you look a lot older than the guy.
They will stop you if he looks like the typical gigolo, they will stop you if he is in a galabeya, they will stop you if you the tourist look worried or concerned at all.
They will stop you if he is known to the police as a criminal.

There ya go Jane, BIL looks 'dodgy' [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
There ya go Jane, BIL looks 'dodgy' [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Now that I can totally believe, because it is not just the check points. Once I was with him on the ferry and the police checked him out. He must seriously dodgy.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I wonder if your BIL is thinking you are the dodgy one lol.. [Wink]

What would a gigolo look like?

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
about the orfi i want say here the egyptian men dont want this orfi because they just afraid from the police nooooooooooooo we want the orfi because we dont want make any thing prohibited and dont want anger the god .

People marry orfi in order to please God?!? A worthless piece of paper makes all the difference between halal and haram? And Egyptian men who do orfi are all pious guys who want to please God?

Give me a break!!! [Roll Eyes]

quote:
i feeling all the foreign woman hate the Egyptian police

I don't hate the Egyptian police, but I think they are mainly a bunch of dimwits with an inflated sense of authority. I do hate the fact that they hang out on street corners leering at women though, that's exactly what policemen should NOT do imo. I've insulted quite a few of them with really bad words because I get tremendously pissed off by that behaviour.

quote:
i think any police in any country hate

Not at all.
I don't hate the police in my country btw, they are cool. And about half of them are women, thanks God. [Wink]

kimberley
Member # 5179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimberley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how can anyone in a relationship ask if its ok to walk hand in hand in egypt???? have you only just met???? what the hell is going on even for a first time tourist you get to know the culture the relgion and accept this how can anyone come on here and ask such naive and stupid questions when they are suppose to hae a partner its crazy what the hell is happening there is too many women on here asking simple questions that they lalready should know if in a serious relationship obviously then there NOT has they wouldn't be asking would they [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 206 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mariar
Member # 15413

Rate Member
Kimberley, I would like to hear what is your opion of this thing, because you seem to know so well.

Of course I have met him more than once. I'm not so stupid that I would travel to Egypt just to meet guy who I have met only once or Internet or something. As I have said many times, we met when he was living in Scandinavia, now he is back to Egypt and lived there 4 months or something.

The reason why I asked about these problems, was because my BF said that he doesen't think we have some problems at all when we just walk in the streets. And of course he has told me that it is not accepted to kiss in the public and have common flat/hotel room or sex before marriage etc.

The reason why I was asking somebody elses experiences was because I have heard from some finnish girls that they have had problems with police because they have just _walked_ in the street with their men. And I wanted to know where are these things based, how can police harrash people just because of walking?

Many people/couples have also said that there were no problems at all although they have done much more things than walking together. So it seems that it depens on many things. No simply answer of this question.

mastereg.com
Member # 15450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mastereg.com   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
look egypt is free
you can do any thing dont belive him

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mariar
Member # 15413

Rate Member
Now when I have been in Egypt I can tell my own expriences.

I was with my boyfriend in Alexandria. Shortly say: We did not have any problems with policemen. We walked together, sometimes holding each other hands and this. They never stopped us. In the airport we were hugging in front of them and they didn't care. And we passed policemen many times. Sometimes we even talked with them, but not because of marriagepaer thing. For example police man told us in the airport that we should take taxi instead of buss and because of telling this important information to us he asked 5 pounds tip lol [Razz]

I don't know, but it didn't seem so stricit when staying only holding hands in public. Maybe it is because my BF is upper class and seems like European, after living in Sweden over 6 years. Some egyptian people even asked if he is foreign.

The only time when marriage paper was mentioned was when we went to see that Alexandria castle, and for some reason the lady on the door asked are we married. She did that because I got discount ticket to castle, and she was annoyed about that (tourists are asked more price than egyptian, and she could have prevent me to go in with discount ticket if I'm not married with egyptian. Well I'm not, but my boyfriend claimed like that and then we got in. No problems.

QuiteEgyptian
Member # 15568

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuiteEgyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our constitution says:
Article 12
The society shall be committed to safeguarding and protecting morals, promoting the genuine Egyptian traditions and abiding by the high standards of religious education, moral and national values, historical heritage of the people, scientific facts, socialist conduct and public morality within the limits of the law.
The State is committed to abiding by these principles and promoting them.

So, whether you'r British or American or even from Planet Noknok, it's the law and you need to respect it, i'm not a big fan of Orfi myself but at least it's legal.

PS: If you see somebody else breaking the law, hey it's their choice but why take the chance??

Posts: 435 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mariar, it looks like you enjoyed your stay in Egypt!! [Smile]

So what's the future gonna hold for the both of you? Can you imagine to move to Egypt at one point?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hossamsaid:
[qb] about the orfi i want say here the egyptian men dont want this orfi because they just afraid from the police nooooooooooooo we want the orfi because we dont want make any thing prohibited and dont want anger the god .

People marry orfi in order to please God?!? A worthless piece of paper makes all the difference between halal and haram? And Egyptian men who do orfi are all pious guys who want to please God?

Give me a break!!! [Roll Eyes]

[QUOTE]

Just as an information: The Vatican has been selling indulgences in order to take away the sins from people. It was as hypocryte (spelling??) as the orfi in Islam.
http://www.theolderthebolder.com/downloads/tracts.viewable/catholic/indulg.html

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mariar
Member # 15413

Rate Member
QuiteEgyptian, I'm not going to have deep conversation with laws and this like they have in "ORFI" topic. My point is just that walking in the streets together by holding hands it's not illegal. If it is then egyptians break the law all the time, even religous ones [Razz] The other stuff like sex outside marriage is breaking the law. I just wanted to make people like SaraLee realize that they can walk together and this without having a fear of god..

Tigerlily, yes I did [Smile] Actually my BF is back to Egypt temporaly. He has some studies left there, and he wanted to get them ready (it takes one year). After that he would like to move back to Europa, because he has lived here 6 years and liked his life here very much. He has a little difficulties to get used again to egyptian society even if he likes his country.

We will see what future brings, but this is our plan at this time. Maybe I could imagine also living in Egypt at some time, we will see [Smile] Don't wanna hurry, decissions needs time like in all relationships [Smile]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com