EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » How to meet an honest Egyptian (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How to meet an honest Egyptian
ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ana.fana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know? I'm dying to find out. I've met some of the most dishonest people on earth right here in Egypt.

No they don't put a gun to your head and rob you, but they will put a smile on their face, and one hand in your purse.

BE WARNED

Posts: 29 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to sleep.
Obtain REM
enjoy.

--------------------
MEOW

Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To ana.fana:
shut the f**k up bitch
don't you ever talk about egyptians this way, you piece of **** if you don't like egypt and egyptians get the hell out of here.
you must be a scum in your country that's why you left so don't pretend that you are a princess and that all egyptians are trying to rob you and its so hard to find an honest and good egyptian

F**K YOU!
GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY
YOU ARE NOT WELCOME IN OUR COUNTRY
IF YOU WANT TO STAY IN EGYPT YOU HAVE TO RESPECT EGYPTIANS YOU SCUMBAG

F**K YOU BITCH

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am not against u ana.fana but making the wrong choice cant make a whole country bad ppl ,egypt is as anywhere else some good and soe bad , i was stolen in france and my mom in italy and me another time in spain ,doesnt mean that spanish or italians or french are theives

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana.fana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YoungEgyptianGuy:
To ana.fana:
shut the f**k up bitch
don't you ever talk about egyptians this way, you piece of **** if you don't like egypt and egyptians get the hell out of here.
you must be a scum in your country that's why you left so don't pretend that you are a princess and that all egyptians are trying to rob you and its so hard to find an honest and good egyptian

F**K YOU!
GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY

F**K YOU BITCH

Who made you the welcoming comittee, FYI, I don't have one single Egyptian friend, Im not here to make Egyptian friends, don't intend to at all. I CAN'T TRUST THE THIEVES

Case in point! When you can't find anything intelligent to say, just shout out a lot of profanities, they should raise the standards of the country. SMH

When all of your people get out of my country, I will happily leave yours. This is the most disgusting exchange contract my husband ever took any.

In fact I wish my country will make a special law just for Egyptians and start charging the *&^% twice as much as they charge others, start letting them feel the BS they get away in this pollution infested rathole.

Posts: 29 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana.fana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian7:
i am not against u ana.fana but making the wrong choice cant make a whole country bad ppl ,egypt is as anywhere else some good and soe bad , i was stolen in france and my mom in italy and me another time in spain ,doesnt mean that spanish or italians or french are theives

I've been cheated in America, but not by 9 out of 10 people.

This country thrives off cheating foreigners, its a reality. I never said other coutries don't have their faults, but Egyptians are lying thieves, and I'm speaking about the majority of them, and I'm not the only foreigner who feels this way, MOST OF THEM DO, even if they don't publicly state it. I know whats being said behind closed doors.

masryman
Member # 15463

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for masryman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ana fana and america is honest??

honest to say irak has nukler and it has not and destroy the world is that honest. i want o tell you that you are a metnaka and yes go with your husband from egypt ya bent mayteen el kalb

Posts: 218 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
masryman
Member # 15463

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for masryman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
To ana.fana:
shut the f**k up bitch

F**K YOU!
GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY

F**K YOU BITCH

howa da elly kont 3awez a2olo..tol 3omrak ostaz ya YEG we benet3alem mennak kol yom. Ro7 rabenna yonsor deenak
Posts: 218 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by masryman:
ana fana and america is honest??

honest to say irak has nukler and it has not and destroy the world is that honest. i want o tell you that you are a metnaka and yes go with your husband from egypt ya bent mayteen el kalb

Yawn* such old news. Spend your energy on trying to change your own corrupt government...oh yeah that's right you can't, BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH..You get jailed and tortured just for protesting. Go to sleep, loser.
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
masryman is iraqui??
how he cant even spell iraq
hes messin with yall

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ana.fana ,its still abt choice ,my mother went italy 4 time ,3 of them she was stolen , doesnt mean 75% of egyptians are bad and cheaters,the problem is that foreigners here dont know abt the egyptian culture well so they hardly differentiate btween good and bad,i dnt think so , i have some foreign freinds ,i never abused them also that doesnt mean that all egyptians dont abuse foreigners ,the problem is always from the 2 sides and bad ppl are every where in the world ,u cant judge a bad person based on his nationality,many tourists comes egypt more than once if they think egyptians are that way they will never do, u r welecomed in Egypt and hoping ur experience will be better and if u need any kind of help u can ask me 4 it , i am an egyptian guy and i am never ever will abuse any nationality on the other hand i am willing to help more a foreigner cuz probably he doesnt have enough knowledge abt our culture

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am supprised she has a husband the way she feels!!!
so narrow minded!!
fyi no matter what country yr in there are bad women and men!!
so if ya hate egyptians they y bother being there!!
and fyi where ever yr country is i am betting them egyptian men there are thankfull to god they havent chosen u!!!
now go speak that smack to a real person and see how far u gooooooo.....

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
tina i just think she had lots of bad experience with most of the egyptians she knew but the message to ana.fana not all egyptians are the same ,we say it here not all ur fingers are alike

--------------------
islam

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
thats too bad i havent met a bad egyptian yet so good luck to her!!!

--------------------

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
thats gr8 4 u see anna.fanna everywhere has good and bad ppl jst depend on ur choice and as well some times we trust ppl or like ppl that are bad but we have to learn from that ,tina kamal is american so u cant generalize also that all foreigners hate egypt

--------------------
islam

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the message to ana.fana not all egyptians are the same ,we say it here not all ur fingers are alike

Wise words.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
thats gr8 4 u see anna.fanna everywhere has good and bad ppl jst depend on ur choice and as well some times we trust ppl or like ppl that are bad but we have to learn from that ,tina kamal is american so u cant generalize also that all foreigners hate egypt

i love all people untill they screw me over!!!!
i dont care what color they are what religion!!
if someone hurts me or mine then i will generalize!!!
its so hard to get me to hate someone cas hate makes u physically sick and mentaly!!!
i have no time for hatred!!!
i just learn and live on and forget...

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
gr8 tina but what i mean assume u were hurted from an egyptian that doesnt mean all egyptians are bad ppl

--------------------
islam

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
yes i got that part!!!
i dont think i have ever put myself in a situation that a man can use me and get away with it so i cant know how thses women feel gettin scammed and hurt...
i always watch myself and make sure i dont get myself into a bind i cant get out of....

--------------------

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
i think all of us will be decieved in some ppl ,sp if i married an american woman and she cheated me then i chose wrong but cant say all american women are cheaters , ifind here on es lots of posts egyptien men ae all liars ,are all bla bla bla

--------------------
islam

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
thats true....
there is good and bad in every country so if they wanna feel themselves with hatred cas of where someone is from..
that is their business they will die young from a heart attack...

--------------------

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cbrbddd:
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

[Big Grin]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
some pplhere need to be invisible

--------------------
islam

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
To ana.fana:
shut the f**k up bitch

F**K YOU!
GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY

F**K YOU BITCH

Why you use such lousy language?

Why is she not allowed to say her opinion?

Why is it everytime something bad gets sad about Egypt Egyptians hit the roof?

Do you seriously think your use of profanities
show a good side of Egyptians?

I am disgusted to read such a rubbish already in the morning!!

If you would have taken even a second to think you would have realized that she did not say that all Egyptians are thieves (stealing literally your wallet etc.) rather foreigners need to be indeed very careful when it comes to prices and who to trust. She does have a very valid point here unfortunately no one likes to discuss.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a question....
If that's not true I have to go to a ophthalmologist and psychiatrist [Big Grin]
I was on computer last night until 2 o'clock as I had too many works to finish and I was checking ES from time to time.
I remember that Ana.fana started the topic, then BLP replied, afterwards YEG sent that post full of compliment [Big Grin] , then again BLP replied and asked 'how do you know that I m not Egyptian?'' as the 4th post... At that time, I thought that this question needed to be asked by ana.fana.
And this morning I realized that there are rolling eyes put by PLP instead of that question as the 4th post.
What's happening?? Do I need to go and visit the doctors? [Frown] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
lol yes u r right shahrzat lol there is something strange on es

--------------------
islam

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only something?? [Frown] [Big Grin]

So I don't need to go the psychiatrist as I have a witness, right? [Big Grin]

I also wonder the technique of changing the post.

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
Thank you Tigerlily, you understand my point.

I never said all egyptians are bad, so why is this continuously being echoed. I said most of them are dishonest, not only from my experience but the experience of every other foreigner I know living in this country who by the way is not married to an Egyptian, so has no reason to defend their position.

Its ok for women here to speak of their bad relationship experiences, but not ok for expats to speak of other bad experiences which involve distrust.

I did come here with an open mind, and gave people the benefit of the doubt, just as the one who trusted her husband and later discovered he's a con or play boy.

My warning is for people not coming to marry an Egyptian, but maybe to buy real estate, to invest in business, to vacation, etc. DO NOT TRUST THEM SO EASILY.

I feel sad that when I go places, I don't feel like I'm viewed as another human who worked hard to earn a living, but viewed more as a gullible foreigner whose funds are up for takes.

No one will change my mind on here, so all the curse words is ineffective in dealing with the ill that exist in this country.

ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
My experience:

We have been screwed over so much that we avoid Egyptians all together, sad but true.

We have turned to authorities, only to be extorted by the ones who should solve the situation, this includes attorneys, judges, and police official who wants BRIBES, yes I said the ugly word, BRIBES to do their job. I later understand that this bribing is a way of life for most Egyptian, so yes as Egyptian7 says, foreigners not understanding this culture view this as corrupt, cheating, dishonesty.

If you don't get the point, then you too will be taken for a ride, mark my words.

Use an attorney for your real estate transactions which you are promised completion in 8 months, and 2 years pass no completion in site, attorney disappears along with half of the contractors on the project, but your money is gone. I can go on and on, and I'm not the only foreigners with these daily bad experiences.

massenburg2008
Member # 14767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg2008         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ana.fana:
My experience:

We have been screwed over so much that we avoid Egyptians all together, sad but true.

We have turned to authorities, only to be extorted by the ones who should solve the situation, this includes attorneys, judges, and police official who wants BRIBES, yes I said the ugly word, BRIBES to do their job. I later understand that this bribing is a way of life for most Egyptian, so yes as Egyptian7 says, foreigners not understanding this culture view this as corrupt, cheating, dishonesty.

If you don't get the point, then you too will be taken for a ride, mark my words.

Use an attorney for your real estate transactions which you are promised completion in 8 months, and 2 years pass no completion in site, attorney disappears along with half of the contractors on the project, but your money is gone. I can go on and on, and I'm not the only foreigners with these daily bad experiences.

Property in Egypt set to be top investment
http://www.aboutproperty.co.uk/news/overseas-property/property-in-egypt/property-in-egypt-set-be-top-investment-$466980.htm

EGYPT IS STILL THE INVESTORS TOP CHOICE
http://www.propertyselect.com/egypt/news/egypt-is-still-the-investors-top-choice/1269

Posts: 698 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

And some sane Egyptians accept this.
When I was mentioning an Egyptian friend about a corporation with an Egyptian company, he told me exactly that 'be careful, you know Egyptians can lie easily'
Maybe most of them don't do it with a bad intention, the problem is, they can promise easily without thinking of the facts.

All nations have some characterictics. For example, we Turks, always try to earn a lot of money with affording less energy by using the shortcuts [Big Grin]

massenburg2008
Member # 14767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg2008         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Business is business. The property prices in Egypt attracts foreign investors. Bribes or no bribes.
Posts: 698 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg2008
Member # 14767

quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat':
we Turks, always try to earn a lot of money with affording less energy by using the shortcuts [Big Grin]

Turks are a rare on Wall Street though.
ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
Massenburg, the ones that benefit the most from the real estate transactions here are the developers themselves. How so??

They sale off-market plans, meaning the developments are not complete yet, they use the money from the investors, people like you and me, to fund their projects, which often times are not completed on time. As the project nears completion, the prices keep rising, giving the investors a false sense that their investments are appreciating quickly. Once completed, the average man, sees his home on the market for years before he can sell it for what the developer sold it for, then he loses money on realtors, lawyers, etc. only to discover that this developer is building 20 more project all within a few mile radius for the same price he's selling for.

In other words, these projects don't "resale" as quickly as they "presale".

ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
quote:
And some sane Egyptians accept this.
When I was mentioning an Egyptian friend about a corporation with an Egyptian company, he told me exactly that 'be careful, you know Egyptians can lie easily'
Maybe most of them don't do it with a bad intention, the problem is, they can promise easily without thinking of the facts.

All nations have some characterictics. For example, we Turks, always try to earn a lot of money with affording less energy by using the shortcuts [Big Grin]

Americans have many negative characteristics as well, and all of them cannot be trusted, at the top of our list of people not to trust:

Lawyers
mechanics
used car sales men

Egyptians have to accept their negative characteristics and do something to change it,because attacking the people that bring this to light will not solve the ills.

Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Just a question....
If that's not true I have to go to a ophthalmologist and psychiatrist [Big Grin]
I was on computer last night until 2 o'clock as I had too many works to finish and I was checking ES from time to time.
I remember that Ana.fana started the topic, then BLP replied, afterwards YEG sent that post full of compliment [Big Grin] , then again BLP replied and asked 'how do you know that I m not Egyptian?'' as the 4th post... At that time, I thought that this question needed to be asked by ana.fana.
And this morning I realized that there are rolling eyes put by PLP instead of that question as the 4th post.
What's happening?? Do I need to go and visit the doctors? [Frown] [Big Grin]

You were right Sharazat.

Bastet loves Ptah is an old troll we all know that surely by now [Big Grin]

Good command of English/schizophrenic/troll/95% of posts are 'on the attack', in the past when Ptah pops up another id is usually resting although this week the main character is doing something strange. Popping up with Ptah and even more strange 'starting posts'!!! this is new. This member has rarely started posts. They just join in on them.

Elementary my Dear Watson..... [Wink]

In fact there are 2 members at least!! here on this thread who have 2 different id's [Wink]
That comes with a 100% guarantee.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kaket el 7o7:

Elementary my Dear Watson..... [Wink]

In fact there are 2 members at least!! here on this thread who have 2 different id's [Wink]
That comes with a 100% guarantee.

I'm so bad at his... [Frown] I am a very bad detective I guess. [Big Grin]
I know 'Spongebob' changed his name all of a sudden and suddenly was a girl when posting songs.
I still haven't figured out who's Peach Sponge Cake. She's nice but don't know who she is.

Anyway; Have a nice day everyone and have fun on ES!

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was Doura/Harankash till I changed to PSC.

I made one so changed my name to one. [Big Grin]

But I am talking about this thread.

Ptah is also Ana Fana.

But there is also another one on this thread who uses one name for some posts and the name they are using here for others.
[Wink]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

THANKS FOR MAKING ME TO FEEL BETTER KAKET [Cool] [Razz] [Big Grin]

But still don't understand how they replace the posts. [Frown]

Member # 14248

3 ways Shahrzat

1) Admin
2) The original poster editing what they wrote
3) Someone who has hacked the site

NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How to meet an honest Egyptian.

Does anyone know? I'm dying to find out.

I can't help you there, but if you need domestic or maintenance help let me know because I have a friend who is the sweetest, most honest Egyptian on earth. I'm close to his family (wife, kids, brother etc) and he does all my maintenance work, bringing me labourers when I need them etc and he supervises and makes sure I don't get ripped off. Unless he does something directly for me I have to come up with creative ways to pay him because he refuses money. I usually have to threaten him that I'll not speak to him again, add extra money when I'm asking him to pay for stuff and then refuse to take it back or buy his kids toys. He's a simple, God fearing man and I don't think I would cope without him [Smile]

If you live in Maadi and want a cleaner I have one also. I can't vouch for her honesty but so far I haven't had problems with her and I guess my Egyptian friend (above) keeps her in check. She's looking for extra work too as she is the provider for her family.

My advice, although easier said than done, is try not to get so angry about this issue. It consumes energy and you'll not change a thing. Egyptian's in general will not offer you sympathy on this because they take it personally. You'll just get the same old "Go back to your own country if you don't like it" speech.

I've been there, am living it and can show you all my t'shirts [Big Grin] Me and a friend of mine call them "Egyptian stories" just so we can keep some sanity! She has more stories than I hope I will ever have, she doesn't like it and she CAN'T leave!

"Shall I tell you an Egyptian story....?" lol

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

NSIC

One thing just struck me after reading your post which I never thought of before.

Back home in our own countries when we have workmen, council people dealing with any type of government office, maids, nanny's etc we in almost all cases get them from some type of company or agency.
Here it is more word of mouth and recommendations.
Most are not attached to companies or agencies.

I have to say that all workmen who came to my house I never thought once about hiding anything or watching them do their job. I opened the door and let them get on with it. Same for checking meters in the house etc. Maybe I was too trusting? but I never once had any problems.

Here you have to have eyes on the back of your head. My husband follows every single person and watches every move they make and he is Egyptian.
It was him who told me you cannot trust them???

I found this quite embarassing to see him watch them constantly but them after a short while I understood why [Eek!]

The point I am trying to make is that here in Egypt if your maid steals from you or your plumber steals tools from your house,flood your home, then what do you do?
You don't have an agency to contact. There is no company to sue. You cant go to the police [Big Grin]
If you confront the person they will lie, thats the culture here, so really as hubby said , you have to watch them every step of the way and if you find a good one like you have obviously, you keep them and pass the word on.
Most Egyptians know that we have no recourse, just the same as they dont have any recourse with their own people.
It's accepted that the people will lie and cheat and steal. This is how they feel about each other. Egyptians dont trust each other. So when they go crazy because we say anything, it's quite funny really. They also dont trust each other but dont like foreigners saying anything [Wink]

What ES needs is a place where you can put details of Good , honest, workmen or women recommended by foreigners.

If the Egyptians here were honest [Big Grin]
They would agree that they too don't trust each other.

and as this is a board about Egypt lets not get all stupid and start saying about what happens elsewhere as usually happens.
It's not about elsewhere, we are discussing Egypt on an Egypt website. [Wink]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
u know walid told me that same thing the other day..
here in usa alot of us take in strangers when there is a crises.
well a friend of mine has a crisis and they need a place to live. and walid has 3 appartments that they do not use cas hes a big mommas baby lol...
i asked him can they stay in my appartment until 5 or 6 months when she can get a job and he can work for u..
walid said no never cas they dont do it in egypt???why is that he said only family can stay??
i said if i was there they would be living with us free...
well walid said if he let them stay there free they can go to court and take his house??
is that true can they just take something if he is helping them out???
in usa u cant cas everyone has a title paper to their own house....
someone explain this to me..
i know in mexico they can steal houses no matter what name is on the paper...if noone lives there someone can just come and live in yr house and basically its theirs now??

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They don't like it when other Egyptians try to point this out, not just foreigners.

The unwritten rule is deny everything and keep on lying until you're blue in the face.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by masryman:
quote:
To ana.fana:
shut the f**k up bitch

F**K YOU!
GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY

F**K YOU BITCH

howa da elly kont 3awez a2olo..tol 3omrak ostaz ya YEG we benet3alem mennak kol yom. Ro7 rabenna yonsor deenak
Dear masryman,

When it comes to Egypt and Egyptians, my own people, **** anyone.

That scumbag is asking how to find an honest egyptian as if the whole nation are thieves and cheaters and liars and trying to steal her money but putting their hands in her wallet!

I wonder if she is that rich and wealthy what the hell is she doing in Egypt man!!!

ana.fana, Go where you belong to Monaco or Las Vegas where the rich and famous hangout! why are you here with the cheaters and poor people who are trying to steal your money and use you!

and again anyone in this forum has to respect Egypt and Egyptians and as long as i am alive i will never allow anyone to insult my country or my own people.

Calling all Egyptian cheaters and theives and its taking you so long to find an honest good egyptian! F**K OFF BITCH, what about a country that it's main policy is based on stealing oil and natural resources from other countries and their president is lying 24-7 about terrorism and weapons of mass destruction just to occupy new lands spending billion of dollars by sending his troops to a destroyed land and killing civilians as well as his own soldiers in search of an illusions! not mentioning their former president who lied too about his sexual affairs!
The only hope is barack obama to change this policy and get that nation to the right track once again and gain the respect of the whole world.

Stay away form Egyptians and dont you ever dare insult them, Egyptians are the origin of this world and while europe and america were living in the dark, the arabs and the egyptians were leading the way back in the 19th century.

**** ES if it was made to insult egyptians and Egypt and **** anyone who dare to insult my own people.

Am i making my self clear!!

We welcome the whole world to visit Egypt and enjoy their time but when it comes to insulting us by saying we are theives and cheaters then go to hell and dont ever come back again.

Theives and cheaters are everywhere, maybe you only attract them, thats why you never got the chance to meet a real honest egyptian.

El tyoor 3ala shkaleha taka3 ya masryman mesh sa7 wala ehh ya m3lm

we saba7 el fol ya man

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kaket el 7o7,

I must admit that when the cleaner comes I put all valuables away! I don't want to test her honesty, rather not cry after the fact if you see what I mean. If she intentionally searches for stuff then she's a thief, if I leave opportunities open for her then I will be the one to blame (according to the logic here).

They don't trust each other but you (a foreigner) can't say a bad word! That could actually be the most frustrating thing!

I have an American friend who would sit and listen to her Egyptian friend bang on about how bad America and American's are and she would feel guilty on behalf of her government - trying to be sympathetic and all - even though her Egyptian friend has never stepped out of Egypt - UNTIL she realised she got zero sympathy when she complained about stuff that happens here. Not to criticise mind, just to vent. When I started telling her some "Egyptian stories" she hit the roof! LOL.. She was like "If that girl says one more thing about America I'm going to expose her to all the sickness she's ignoring!" Oops [Big Grin]

I don't allow criticism of the UK from Egyptians anymore unless they are willing to accept their own country's faults ... if anyone tries I remind them about the problems here. We can sit and put the world to rights but Egypt has to be included!

An Egyptian colleague of mine complains about the North African country he lives and works in coz they have zero respect for Egyptians and I smile and say... welcome to expat life - don't complain! Don't like it - LEAVE! lol [Big Grin]

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Does anyone know? I'm dying to find out. I've met some of the most dishonest people on earth right here in Egypt.

No they don't put a gun to your head and rob you, but they will put a smile on their face, and one hand in your purse.

BE WARNED

This will upset a few people but this is my experience of 4 and a half years of living in Egypt. I lived for 6 months in Luxor, hated it, hated the people, was robbed and cheated on a daily basis. Moved to Hurghada, hated it, nothing but hassle the whole day long. Moved to 6th October City, 3 months ago, I love it - love the people, never had any trouble with anyone.
Moral of the story, keep well away from Upper Egyptians, they are the ones who give Egypt a terrible reputation.

Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

quote:
Originally posted by samakwish:

Moral of the story, keep well away from Upper Egyptians, they are the ones who give Egypt a terrible reputation.

I think it's a shared effort, I don't think it's relegated to the Saeedi's. Maybe because 6th October is semi isolated you haven't come across any bad experiences yet. It would be nice to hear if your experiences continue to be positive [Smile]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com