EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » How to meet an honest Egyptian (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How to meet an honest Egyptian
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by samakwish:
quote:
Originally posted by ana.fana:
Does anyone know? I'm dying to find out. I've met some of the most dishonest people on earth right here in Egypt.

No they don't put a gun to your head and rob you, but they will put a smile on their face, and one hand in your purse.

BE WARNED

This will upset a few people but this is my experience of 4 and a half years of living in Egypt. I lived for 6 months in Luxor, hated it, hated the people, was robbed and cheated on a daily basis. Moved to Hurghada, hated it, nothing but hassle the whole day long. Moved to 6th October City, 3 months ago, I love it - love the people, never had any trouble with anyone.
Moral of the story, keep well away from Upper Egyptians, they are the ones who give Egypt a terrible reputation.

Its so simple samakwish!
Leave it the world is full of other countries you can always catch a plan and leave!
if you need help getting a plane ticket let me know.
Why do you insist on staying in egypt and suffer on a daily basis for almost 4 years!! Poor you

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever considered the possibility that the problems don't lie with Egyptians... if I hated everyone I met I would be seriously concerned that the issues with people were a little closer to home.

I think is quite clear that it is the Westerners who have problems who give Egypt a terrible name! Not upper egyptians lmao!!!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YoungEgyptianGuy:
quote:
quote:
Does anyone know? I'm dying to find out. I've met some of the most dishonest people on earth right here in Egypt.

No they don't put a gun to your head and rob you, but they will put a smile on their face, and one hand in your purse.

BE WARNED

This will upset a few people but this is my experience of 4 and a half years of living in Egypt. I lived for 6 months in Luxor, hated it, hated the people, was robbed and cheated on a daily basis. Moved to Hurghada, hated it, nothing but hassle the whole day long. Moved to 6th October City, 3 months ago, I love it - love the people, never had any trouble with anyone.
Moral of the story, keep well away from Upper Egyptians, they are the ones who give Egypt a terrible reputation.

Its so simple samakwish!
Leave it the world is full of other countries you can always catch a plan and leave!
if you need help getting a plane ticket let me know.
Why do you insist on staying in egypt and suffer on a daily basis for almost 4 years!! Poor you

Hi, If you are offering to buy me a 'plan' ticket, that is fine by me, just hand over the money [Big Grin]
In the meantime, I said I like living in Egypt now, so please read more carefully in the future. Are you from Upper Egypt by any chance. [Wink]

Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:
Ever considered the possibility that the problems don't lie with Egyptians... if I hated everyone I met I would be seriously concerned that the issues with people were a little closer to home.

I think is quite clear that it is the Westerners who have problems who give Egypt a terrible name! Not upper egyptians lmao!!!

Did you read my post! I don't have a problem with Egypt, I love living here now. So why did the problem go away when I moved here?
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did I say i was directing it at you?

You only hate Upper Egyptians.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by NotSleeplessInCairo:
quote:

I think it's a shared effort, I don't think it's relegated to the Saeedi's. Maybe because 6th October is semi isolated you haven't come across any bad experiences yet. It would be nice to hear if your experiences continue to be positive [Smile]
Oh it is so nice to feel positive at last. I can interact more with people because they are not expecting anything from me. The whole point is that I could have left Egypt feeling that it was a terrible country and now I don't want to leave, even if YEG wants to kick me out the country. [Cool]
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think it's a shared effort, I don't think it's relegated to the Saeedi's. Maybe because 6th October is semi isolated you haven't come across any bad experiences yet. It would be nice to hear if your experiences continue to be positive [Smile]
Oh it is so nice to feel positive at last. I can interact more with people because they are not expecting anything from me. The whole point is that I could have left Egypt feeling that it was a terrible country and now I don't want to leave, even if YEG wants to kick me out the country. [Cool]
samakwish
you are most welcome and i swear if you asked me for anyhelp i will always be there for you
i just dont like when people call egyptians bad name and generalize and say they put their hands in their wallets and steal and use them!
i love my people and my country is that a crime
and by the way i admit that there are some bad egyptians i was never a foreigner so i dont know how do they deal with you but on the other side i know that there are plenty of good and well educated egyptiansd who need nothing from foreigners and some times thoise eghyptians spend money on foreigners and the foreigners use them for money and papers and everything as i am sure you are aware of that
have a great time and i hope we can get to meet one day and if you need anyhelp dont ever hesitate to ask me
have a great day and enjoy yourtime
i will be heading to zamalek for dinner after work eat my fav pizza ever i cant wait [Smile]

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Massenburg, the ones that benefit the most from the real estate transactions here are the developers themselves. How so??

They sale off-market plans, meaning the developments are not complete yet, they use the money from the investors, people like you and me, to fund their projects, which often times are not completed on time. As the project nears completion, the prices keep rising, giving the investors a false sense that their investments are appreciating quickly. Once completed, the average man, sees his home on the market for years before he can sell it for what the developer sold it for, then he loses money on realtors, lawyers, etc. only to discover that this developer is building 20 more project all within a few mile radius for the same price he's selling for.

In other words, these projects don't "resale" as quickly as they "presale".

Ana you could easlily find that out by doing a little market research before investing in any development. I think far to many foreign investors come thinking they are going to make a killing in the property market and they themselves create the bubble and have to take some responsability in the situation. People don't seem to do the same research or take the same care with lawyers signing up for the cheapest one or the easiest option. For goodness sake some people even use the developers lawyer. [Eek!]

My advice to anyone thinking of investing in a tourist resort in Egypt is DONT USE A LOCAL TOURIST RESORT LAWYER . Pay the extra go to Cairo and get a proper professional service,. There are lists of Lawyers on the embassy web sites.

AND BY THE WAY THERE ARE NO HONEST LAWYERS IN SHARM EL SHEIKH and that's not my words but the head of the security police.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I much prefer to be in Cairo tbh... I hate the tourist sites. But i hate all tourist sites worldwide! I am not a lonely planet traveller!!! I like to get away from all that.

i can see that YEG is patriotic and fair play on him. Being called a slapper because I was english made me territorial lol...

I am happy that you have seen a side of Egypt that you like. [Big Grin]

NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm happy for you! Egypt is a bit like the little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead .... [Big Grin]
Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

I understand exactly what you mean but the point is you stopped living in a tourist resort, I think that is the key factor. Once you get out of the tourist areas and meet 'real' Egyptians it is so different.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I understand exactly what you mean but the point is you stopped living in a tourist resort, I think that is the key factor. Once you get out of the tourist areas and meet 'real' Egyptians it is so different.
so right Penny i totally agree
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Penny, so many people want to do things on the cheap and take advantage of Egyptians though and then wonder why they get ripped off. These people deserve it [Big Grin]

Worldwide a fool and his money are easily parted.

I am looking into both business and property and there is no way I would part with anything until i know for sure my monies are safe!!! And that also goes for worldwide not just in Egypt!

love in the Pyramids
Member # 15468

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for love in the Pyramids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian7:
i am not against u ana.fana but making the wrong choice cant make a whole country bad ppl ,egypt is as anywhere else some good and soe bad , i was stolen in france and my mom in italy and me another time in spain ,doesnt mean that spanish or italians or french are theives

I am a thief, i have stolen one egyptian heart!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 31 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Penny, so many people want to do things on the cheap and take advantage of Egyptians though and then wonder why they get ripped off. These people deserve it [Big Grin]

I am looking into both business and property and there is no way I would part with anything until i know for sure my monies are safe!!! And that also goes for worldwide not just in Egypt!

Not all people are looking to do things on the cheap. You have to maintain a balance here or it can make problems in the long run. If you pay too much then this will make it difficult for the locals. Maadi in Cairo as an example.....

Most foreigners I know are willing to pay extra but there is and should be a limit. There are also those foreigners who are not getting USD, Sterling or Euro incomes and thus don't have bottomless purses.

Nobody deserves to be ripped off especially when that ripping off comes with a smile and assurance that you are most welcome in Egypt and to consider that person as a brother. This gives you a false sense of security and hurts more than if you had distrusted in the first place. It's a lot more complicated than you're making it out and can only be understood once you live here.

I wish you the best of luck when you get involved with property and business in Egypt and believe me you will need all your wits about you when trying not to be parted with money until you know it's safe..... I think many people living here (Egyptians and foreigners) try to do that but again it's not that easy. As has been said before in this thread, there is no recourse here, it costs you more (in time, headache and money) to try and get your rights, property or money back so what's lost is usually unfortunately lost forever....

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

samakwish
you are most welcome and i swear if you asked me for anyhelp i will always be there for you
i just dont like when people call egyptians bad name and generalize and say they put their hands in their wallets and steal and use them!
i love my people and my country is that a crime
and by the way i admit that there are some bad egyptians i was never a foreigner so i dont know how do they deal with you but on the other side i know that there are plenty of good and well educated egyptiansd who need nothing from foreigners and some times thoise eghyptians spend money on foreigners and the foreigners use them for money and papers and everything as i am sure you are aware of that
have a great time and i hope we can get to meet one day and if you need anyhelp dont ever hesitate to ask me
have a great day and enjoy yourtime
i will be heading to zamalek for dinner after work eat my fav pizza ever i cant wait [Smile]

That is a nice response thank you.
Here is one example of my good [Smile] experiences living here. One day I was on the bus daydreaming and went past where I needed to go. Suddenly, I was lost and looking really worried. A guy on the bus who spoke English found a taxi for me and paid the driver to take me where I needed to be. Before he left he said, "Don't give him any more money" - I was open-mouthed and never even had time to thank him properly.

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Not all people are looking to do things on the cheap. You have to maintain a balance here or it can make problems in the long run. If you pay too much then this will make it difficult for the locals. Maadi in Cairo as an example.....

Most foreigners I know are willing to pay extra but there is and should be a limit. There are also those foreigners who are not getting USD, Sterling or Euro incomes and thus don't have bottomless purses.

Nobody deserves to be ripped off especially when that ripping off comes with a smile and assurance that you are most welcome in Egypt and to consider that person as a brother. This gives you a false sense of security and hurts more than if you had distrusted in the first place. It's a lot more complicated than you're making it out and can only be understood once you live here.

I wish you the best of luck when you get involved with property and business in Egypt and believe me you will need all your wits about you when trying not to be parted with money until you know it's safe..... I think many people living here (Egyptians and foreigners) try to do that but again it's not that easy. As has been said before in this thread, there is no recourse here, it costs you more (in time, headache and money) to try and get your rights, property or money back so what's lost is usually unfortunately lost forever....

Ah that reminds me...anyone who says he is my brother in Egypt....I run a mile...I don't need brothers like the ones I have had [Big Grin]
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

quote:
quote:
quote:

Ah that reminds me...anyone who says he is my brother in Egypt....I run a mile...I don't need brothers like the ones I have had [Big Grin]
Me too! [Big Grin]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know a former compatriot who immigrated to the US my marriage, something like 25 yrs ago. He likes to chat about his favourite sport (soccer) on the internet in his old language, that's why he is in contact with people from his homeland frequently. Although he isn't a Bush-fan, he gets very angry when we say something negative about Bush. Although he is an immigrant, he also gets angry when w're saying something negative about the US, while it isn't even his homeland!

He feels attacked and insulted by this negative remarks. I think I probably would defend my country when they're saying negative things about our royalty, our bad characteristics, or anything else.

I also feel offended, when people are talking about lying and cheating Egyptians in the intention that it's one big collection of criminals.

Of course we all know that there are a lot of people who are not reliable. But still there are enough people with a white heart instead as a black one. The only issue is to meet them, because they are not the ones who are standing in the frontline to meet Western people...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I think cash flashers deserve to get ripped off. I see girls in the UK pay £20 for a cab that costs me £10, if they are willing to pay it more fool them! I do sympathise little with some people.

Do you guys not have any contacts with people who are honest and willing to help? Surely there must be a network between friends? Everybody knows somebody [Smile]

I will be sound buying property as we have done it before and we have good links with people. All I find tedious about the whole process it is so slow but isn't everything!

As for the business, I can not envisage me setting one up n Cairo but i could look into perhaps setting up external of Egypt but have the work based there. My brother does so it is not too bad. Egyptian business law does not look too watertight for my likng.

I do have my wits about me [Smile] that is why I have never been conned.

NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

quote:

Do you guys not have any contacts with people who are honest and willing to help? Surely there must be a network between friends? Everybody knows somebody [Smile]

I think this is what some try to do (I do anyway) but again it doesn't always work out which can be even worse! [Smile]

quote:

I will be sound buying property as we have done it before and we have good links with people. All I find tedious about the whole process it is so slow but isn't everything!

Slow pace I can deal with (most of the time!). For any dates given to me I usually tack on a few days or weeks for my own peace of mind depending on what it is.

quote:

As for the business, I can not envisage me setting one up n Cairo but i could look into perhaps setting up external of Egypt but have the work based there. My brother does so it is not too bad. Egyptian business law does not look too watertight for my likng.

From what I've heard business involves too much red tape and of course you really do need someone you can trust in this area because a lot involves money under the table and documents written in Arabic.
OK@ocs
Member # 15498

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OK@ocs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everybody , this is my first post here on EgyptSearch.
I saw this thread and I felt that I have to say my opinion about the whole issue.
Egypt is just a country like any other country , we have good and bad people
Most of the uneducated people lack honesty like
workmen , mechanics , cleaners ,,,,,,,etc
It does not mean that all of them are not honest but most of them.
When I take my car to the mechanic shop to get something fixed ,,,,, I have to keep my eyes open all the time and watch him while doing the job.
If I have some workmen in the house I have to hide my things ( valuable things ) because I have been stolen many times by such kind of people.
Most of upper Egyptian are not nice people , they are very uneducated , they have brains just like stones, it is impossible to discuss anything with most of them.
they are not honest people ( most of them )
I find it so hard to trust workmen or upper Egyptians.
By the way I am Egyptian and I love Egypt very much and I see no problem what so ever to speak loudly about what is wrong with my country.
the first step to solve your problem is to detect it and speak about it and then find a solution.

I want to advice the western women.

" Before you marry an upper Egyptian .....
consult your MENTAL Doctor "
you are digging your own grave !!! god help you.

Such people are giving a bad image of our country and they make foreigners think that all Egyptian are thieves and liers.

Omar khaled cairo

Posts: 6 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I think this is what some try to do (I do anyway) but again it doesn't always work out which can be even worse! [Smile]

quote:

Slow pace I can deal with (most of the time!). For any dates given to me I usually tack on a few days or weeks for my own peace of mind depending on what it is.

quote:

From what I've heard business involves too much red tape and of course you really do need someone you can trust in this area because a lot involves money under the table and documents written in Arabic.

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who can do anything. whenever I get a friend to help I always get great service.

You add dates on, I add on a month lol... I don't mind the waiting game most times but sometimes I just wanna get it out the way!

I have an Arabic translator so I never worry about that but I read about who would aquire the debt if a business failed etc.. I have looked into this a fair bit and i am not confident i could go through with it. I would be this wary in the UK though.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
most people u meet in egypt are strangers... what do we teach our children??
dont trust strangers.........
so if u trust a streanger with yr money then u have not learned the basic simple lesson we teach our kids when they are young.......
would u hand yr kids over to a total stranger??

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Everybody is a stranger at first... technically.

My neices know not to talk to strangers but I have never taught them to assume all strangers want their money. I am hoping they will have some common sense to make sound judgements as they grow up. I don't want them to be wary of everybody, what kind of lifeis that!

You can always replace money so it is a little different to handing your kids over!

ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana.fana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
How to meet an honest Egyptian.

Does anyone know? I'm dying to find out.

I can't help you there, but if you need domestic or maintenance help let me know because I have a friend who is the sweetest, most honest Egyptian on earth. I'm close to his family (wife, kids, brother etc) and he does all my maintenance work, bringing me labourers when I need them etc and he supervises and makes sure I don't get ripped off. Unless he does something directly for me I have to come up with creative ways to pay him because he refuses money. I usually have to threaten him that I'll not speak to him again, add extra money when I'm asking him to pay for stuff and then refuse to take it back or buy his kids toys. He's a simple, God fearing man and I don't think I would cope without him [Smile]

If you live in Maadi and want a cleaner I have one also. I can't vouch for her honesty but so far I haven't had problems with her and I guess my Egyptian friend (above) keeps her in check. She's looking for extra work too as she is the provider for her family.

My advice, although easier said than done, is try not to get so angry about this issue. It consumes energy and you'll not change a thing. Egyptian's in general will not offer you sympathy on this because they take it personally. You'll just get the same old "Go back to your own country if you don't like it" speech.

I've been there, am living it and can show you all my t'shirts [Big Grin] Me and a friend of mine call them "Egyptian stories" just so we can keep some sanity! She has more stories than I hope I will ever have, she doesn't like it and she CAN'T leave!

"Shall I tell you an Egyptian story....?" lol

Thank you for your kind offer, however we ended up getting 2 Sudanese sisters, very hard workers and most important, trustworthy. Many foreigners in Maadi are beginning to get Sudanese help around the house.

You know I never liked it in America, when they used to tell foreigners go back to their country if they complain about anything or if they don't speak English. After living in foreign countries not knowing the language I have a lot more empathy for the foreigners in my country.

Posts: 29 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana.fana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think cash flashers deserve to get ripped off. I see girls in the UK pay £20 for a cab that costs me £10, if they are willing to pay it more fool them! I do sympathise little with some people.

Lucky you, all these years in Egypt, you must be the only foreigner I know that has never had to pay a bribe, and if you did pay a bribe to get something done, then sorry my dear, but you got conned!
Posts: 29 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Massenburg, the ones that benefit the most from the real estate transactions here are the developers themselves. How so??

They sale off-market plans, meaning the developments are not complete yet, they use the money from the investors, people like you and me, to fund their projects, which often times are not completed on time. As the project nears completion, the prices keep rising, giving the investors a false sense that their investments are appreciating quickly. Once completed, the average man, sees his home on the market for years before he can sell it for what the developer sold it for, then he loses money on realtors, lawyers, etc. only to discover that this developer is building 20 more project all within a few mile radius for the same price he's selling for.

In other words, these projects don't "resale" as quickly as they "presale".

Ana you could easlily find that out by doing a little market research before investing in any development. I think far to many foreign investors come thinking they are going to make a killing in the property market and they themselves create the bubble and have to take some responsability in the situation. People don't seem to do the same research or take the same care with lawyers signing up for the cheapest one or the easiest option. For goodness sake some people even use the developers lawyer. [Eek!]

My advice to anyone thinking of investing in a tourist resort in Egypt is DONT USE A LOCAL TOURIST RESORT LAWYER . Pay the extra go to Cairo and get a proper professional service,. There are lists of Lawyers on the embassy web sites.

AND BY THE WAY THERE ARE NO HONEST LAWYERS IN SHARM EL SHEIKH and that's not my words but the head of the security police.

Sorry for this misunderstanding, but it was not me who invested in property here, I'm speaking about other foreigner's experiences. I won't be here long enough, plus the US has far better and reliable investments, if you're gonna shell out COLD CASH. Our mortgage system has failed and caused so many people to lose their homes that now you can buy property owned by the bank in coastal cities, far cheaper than you would pay in Sharm El Sheikh. So no, I'm not the one to invest in Egypt property. But I would continue warning people like you have because I know so many others that have been screwed.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Lucky you, all these years in Egypt, you must be the only foreigner I know that has never had to pay a bribe, and if you did pay a bribe to get something done, then sorry my dear, but you got conned!
It's ok dear, I never had to pay a bribe either. it pays to have friends in the right places [Wink]
ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's ok dear, I never had to pay a bribe either. it pays to have friends in the right places [Wink]
LOL, you are "cheeky" indeed/ [Razz]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL, you are "cheeky" indeed/ [Razz]
Oh aye.. I never professed to be anything but. Cheeky has always been my nickname [Big Grin] you're pretty cheeky yourself [Wink]

I have a lot of faithful Egyptian guardian angels...

sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend is from upper egypt and he is the one always telling me to not trust an egyptian man. Recently had to go to see my property agent in egypt, my friend came along with me. Usually I find that they speak amonst themselves in office in arabic, however not so this time as my frined was with me. They actually kept getting up and whispering into each others ears, obviously couldn't speak out loud because of my friend. I let this go on for a couple of minuites until I asked why they were doing this and how rude I felt it was. Their explaination was they were talking about somebody els's buisness and didn't want to be overheard! What a joke [Big Grin]
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVa Philip Morries
Member # 15245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVa Philip Morries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by masryman:
quote:
To ana.fana:
shut the f**k up bitch
don't you ever talk about egyptians this way, you piece of **** if you don't like egypt and egyptians get the hell out of here.
you must be a scum in your country that's why you left so don't pretend that you are a princess and that all egyptians are trying to rob you and its so hard to find an honest and good egyptian

F**K YOU!
GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY
YOU ARE NOT WELCOME IN OUR COUNTRY
IF YOU WANT TO STAY IN EGYPT YOU HAVE TO RESPECT EGYPTIANS YOU SCUMBAG

F**K YOU BITCH

howa da elly kont 3awez a2olo..tol 3omrak ostaz ya YEG we benet3alem mennak kol yom. Ro7 rabenna yonsor deenak
Dear masryman,

When it comes to Egypt and Egyptians, my own people, **** anyone.

That scumbag is asking how to find an honest egyptian as if the whole nation are thieves and cheaters and liars and trying to steal her money but putting their hands in her wallet!

I wonder if she is that rich and wealthy what the hell is she doing in Egypt man!!!

ana.fana, Go where you belong to Monaco or Las Vegas where the rich and famous hangout! why are you here with the cheaters and poor people who are trying to steal your money and use you!

and again anyone in this forum has to respect Egypt and Egyptians and as long as i am alive i will never allow anyone to insult my country or my own people.

Calling all Egyptian cheaters and theives and its taking you so long to find an honest good egyptian! F**K OFF BITCH, what about a country that it's main policy is based on stealing oil and natural resources from other countries and their president is lying 24-7 about terrorism and weapons of mass destruction just to occupy new lands spending billion of dollars by sending his troops to a destroyed land and killing civilians as well as his own soldiers in search of an illusions! not mentioning their former president who lied too about his sexual affairs!
The only hope is barack obama to change this policy and get that nation to the right track once again and gain the respect of the whole world.

Stay away form Egyptians and dont you ever dare insult them, Egyptians are the origin of this world and while europe and america were living in the dark, the arabs and the egyptians were leading the way back in the 19th century.

**** ES if it was made to insult egyptians and Egypt and **** anyone who dare to insult my own people.

Am i making my self clear!!

We welcome the whole world to visit Egypt and enjoy their time but when it comes to insulting us by saying we are theives and cheaters then go to hell and dont ever come back again.

Theives and cheaters are everywhere, maybe you only attract them, thats why you never got the chance to meet a real honest egyptian.

El tyoor 3ala shkaleha taka3 ya masryman mesh sa7 wala ehh ya m3lm

we saba7 el fol ya man

Thanks for standing for your country man.
Bear in mind that she is not fully immersed in the culture here also not all the american support thier government's foriegn policy.

ana.fana
Do yourself a favour an hire american honest people or leave that country.Don't forget you enjoy many priviliges here like cheap oil ,electricity and many many more cheap things.

Posts: 211 | From: alexandria | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
masryman
Member # 15463

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for masryman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes and also americans and europeans in egypt are not the best. they are one who have nothing in there countires and come to egypt and make money and think they are kings when they are workers. work to teach in egypt and if in their country the ywill be cleaners or anything. we make them feel they are king or queen because of blonde hair and eyes and they r more stupid than egyptians. ana fana kos omek. ya3ni be kos omohom e7na bengebhom wene3melhom ban2dmeen zay el modarebeen el wa23een elly bengebhom wey2olak el khawaga

Khawaga khawaga and the khawaga is a cleaner in his country who is stupid and come to egypt become a king..Khwaga..a7a ya balad..
ana fana one more kos omek

ana fana give us your phone number and your husband work and we will help you ya kos omek. we will help you get out of egypt

Posts: 218 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FACT Egyptians DO have a bad reputation for deceit. This is not to say it is not happening all over the place. It is just that there are sooo many of them in egypt doing it blantently under your nose. The way they even try to do it sometimes is simply laughable. Sadly their need for money is greater than their need to be honest. No money, no food. But I do think it very unfair to brand everyone the same, there is good and bad everywhere in the world. I know some very honest and respectful egyptians.
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I know more good guys than bad guys.

Deceitful people walk amongst us no matter which country you are reading this in.

SB, I was always paranoid I was being spoken about in Arabic and that I was being laughed at etc...so I took an Arabic course and now I know it really was just paranoia lol... I am not fluent but I can pick out operative words.

sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Cheeky are you reading my mind!
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from my experience with foreigners here whether they love the country so much feel its home and wanna spend here all the life or waiting for the fucking day to leave egypt and not come ny more , i think 4 me to travel and livein another culture is avery good challenge that will add me and u can always have fun at any place

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
[Smile] SB... seems so.

Egyptian7 living in another culture is an amazing and fun challenge. Maybe it is a make or break scenario but I always admire those who give it a go.

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4 me i would love knowing and dealing with all cultures in the world and how to avoid bad ppl and adapt in a new culture while at the same time keeping ur values

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
I'm banking on my egyptian friends being the good guys, I am thinking of making the move to go to egypt for a while. I feel if I'm gonna, better I make the mistake now than regret it for the rest of my life.
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
sherribaby u r more than welecomed and i hope it ont be a mistake but it will be new experience that add 4 ur character and experience in life

--------------------
islam

sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Egyptian7 thanks for that.
My head and my heart are for now in egypt. I would not be considering this if I didn't believe that there were a few good egyptians there.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Egyptian7 - adhering to another culture yet keeping your values is very challenging but if you meet the right friends you will learn to respect each others feelings. My egyptian friends never question my faith or values so I never question theirs. It is very simple.

Culture can be adapted to so easliy if you are open to accepting change, I know people in the UK who hate change in their own workplace let alone society!!! You have to want to accept changes to appreciate them.

SB, I will be starting my new life 5 weeks tomorrow [Smile] whether I succeed or fail on my journey I don't care, I have to at least try! Life is too short for regrets. My head and heart are also in Egypt and I would be a fool to not listen to them.

SB, I am so glad you haven't been brainwashed into believing that all Egyptians are the devil in disguise, of course there are good egyptians. To think any differently would be foolish... I really hope you follow your dreams.

sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Cheesky OMG you are starting new life in egypt soon. Lucky you, GOOD LUCK. Where in egypt are you going to be living?
Just hope I can get everything sorted here in UK as I want quickly.
Have a much stronger head than you think, I could never be brainwashed!

sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Ooops sorry Cheeky not Cheesky [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Egyptian7 - adhering to another culture yet keeping your values is very challenging but if you meet the right friends you will learn to respect each others feelings. My egyptian friends never question my faith or values so I never question theirs. It is very simple.

Culture can be adapted to so easliy if you are open to accepting change, I know people in the UK who hate change in their own workplace let alone society!!! You have to want to accept changes to appreciate them.

SB, I will be starting my new life 5 weeks tomorrow [Smile] whether I succeed or fail on my journey I don't care, I have to at least try! Life is too short for regrets. My head and heart are also in Egypt and I would be a fool to not listen to them.

SB, I am so glad you haven't been brainwashed into believing that all Egyptians are the devil in disguise, of course there are good egyptians. To think any differently would be foolish... I really hope you follow your dreams.

Great post.....life is too short to have regrets. If it feel right for you then go and do it. Wish you all the best cheekyferret with your new life. [Smile]
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Thank you Miss Sharm...

All I know is I want to regret the things I did do and not the things I didn't. Only I have the power to change and improve my life and I feel that this journey is exactly what I need to make me feel alive [Big Grin]

I have heard a lot of late from people that i tell what I am doing 'I wish I could do that' I have to explain to them that they can if they really want it badly enough [Smile]

MS,this feels so right at this point in my life and i am so grateful I have this opportunity.

But, if it goes pear shaped, what of it!!! I will fly back to blighty and move to Brighton and spend my days living in plan b [Big Grin] [Big Grin] D

I have learned we make our own destiny, we pave our own futures and we alone are the only people who can make ourselves truely happy... I only hope you guys have the chance to live whatever dreams you have [Wink]

I also hope that people aren't deterred by other people's words. Life is what you make it [Big Grin] Crikey, if you wanna rainbow you gotta have a little rain. I am sure we all have a story but it is what you do with it that makes you who you are [Wink]

Wow.. I woke up in hippy mode [Big Grin]

Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
46.5% of the thieves caught in Mecca were Egyptian moslems [Roll Eyes]

Study Reveals Startling Statistics About Thieves
Badea Abu Al-Naja, Arab News

MAKKAH, 30 November 2007 — A recent study concludes that nearly a fourth of pickpocket crimes in the two holy cities are committed by people who are in the cities solely for the purpose of stealing from pilgrims or are pilgrims themselves who are supplementing their trips by theft.

The report, entitled “The Psychological and Social Impact Pickpockets Have on Pilgrims,” was the result of research by Mahmoud Kasnawi of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques’ Haj Research Institute with the aim of developing strategies to protect pilgrims from such crimes.

The study concluded that 17 percent of the pickpockets in and around the mosque complexes at Makkah and Madinah are there for the sole motive of stealing while 16.5 percent are the pilgrims themselves. [Roll Eyes] The rest are opportunists that steal when the chances arise but aren’t pre-meditating these criminal acts.

The study also contends that 46.5 percent of the pickpockets arrested at the Grand Mosque in Makkah were Egyptians .

About one in five people that have been arrested for pick-pocketing are women

. About 14 percent of the pickpockets sleep in the Grand Mosque or on the pavements, bridges and tunnels, the study said.

The report underscored the need to minimize the sense of insecurity and loss of mental peace caused by the acts of pickpockets on the pilgrims.

Some gangs use children under the age of 15 to steal from pilgrims. Teenagers account for a third of the pickpockets.

Another finding of the study was that 10 percent of the pickpockets have been for Haj more than once, possibly encouraged to return because of the money they stole during the previous pilgrimage.

The study also said 84 percent of the arrested pickpockets were married while 67 percent of them had their family with them.
While 86 percent of the pickpockets traveled to the Kingdom on their private earnings, the remaining stole the money to pay for the travel expenses.

The study noted that most of the thefts take place close to Kaaba at the time of tawaf (circumambulation) to take advantage of the heavily crowded conditions and the fact that pilgrims often carry with them their valuables.

web page

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
What percentage of the pilgrims are Egyptians?

If you search for the bad you will find it, ironically if you search for the good you will also find it.

Sadly only this kind of story reaches the news. Good news is no news... that is becasue no one cares about good news!!! This story would sell newspapers....

Does this story imply that 46% of Egyptians are theives? Of course it doesn't! If it does which one of you on this threasd is the theif?

That is how easy crap could be inteprted if people were easily fooled. It merely implies that Egyptians have the most available opportunity to go and steal, if Mecca was closer to london it would have had 53% of Brits stealing!!! (I dis-trust Brits more having been burgled and mugged!!)

It may imply that in the Muslim world that Egyptians are the most open to crime but could that also then imply they are the most poor?

Luckily I never take any story on face value and like to read into them a little so that I do not automatically adopt others opinions and get the chance to form my own.

Interesting read though, it would be nice to have a follow up from an Egyptian who has resorted to crime to explain why they do it.

Now my pyschology head rears...

I know this may come as a shock but I think crime is also global... that may just be a rumour.

What is the most crime filled African country, is there a list?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com