EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Another brick in the wall... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Another brick in the wall...
MK'sFriend
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK'sFriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ViVa Philip Morries:

Any egyptian university graduate especially DOCTORS who can speak some french and worked for two years can easily immigrate to Canada he doesn't need to CON a woman to do so.
Wish you the best of luck in your life.

Completely false. Without being married his chances of immigrating were slim to none. And once he's here his chances of working as a doctor are even lower and it those who managed to perform that miracle spent about 9 years studying their asses off.
Posts: 33 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVa Philip Morries
Member # 15245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVa Philip Morries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK'sFriend:
quote:
Originally posted by ViVa Philip Morries:

Any egyptian university graduate especially DOCTORS who can speak some french and worked for two years can easily immigrate to Canada he doesn't need to CON a woman to do so.
Wish you the best of luck in your life.

Completely false. Without being married his chances of immigrating were slim to none. And once he's here his chances of working as a doctor are even lower and it those who managed to perform that miracle spent about 9 years studying their asses off.
I didn't talk about working as a Dr there because probably he will end being a taxi driver i am aware of this.

Here is a link to asses your hubby score and see if he qualifies we studied English as first language from the primary school and studied french as second languange from the secondary school.English is the official language of medical schhols in Egypt meaning we have additional 7 years with full time study in English.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/index.asp

I wasn't defending her hubby i just pointed that fraud for visa is unlikely to happen concerning his case this doesn't make him a good guy by the way.

Posts: 211 | From: alexandria | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beachstrife
Member # 15606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beachstrife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not important to me if he goes on to become a doctor, lab tech, RN, taxi driver (not likely as he cannot drive:), it is in the best interest of the children for him to be as successful as he can, so I do not wish him bad fortune at all.

Regarding immigration, technically I am responsible for him for 3 years, however, the same paper that I signed, he also signed indicating that he must also make every effort to become self sufficient and since I have a disability (as well as one of our children)I am exempt from the financial obligation and am not expected to provide for him. Despite this fact, I still intend to go on in my life and defeat those barriers and have been doing fairly well with that aspect of my life. I have no intention of trying to deport him nor do I have any fear that I would ever be accused of committing marriage fraud...not by a long shot! Seriously, what did I stand to gain from that and why would anyone live in Egypt 4 years and have two children just to help a man come to Canada, manwhile also supporting him! It just makes no sense from that angle....if I understood correctly.

I'd love to have him out before the 24th (when he plans to move out) but, I have a humane part of me that cannot kick a human out in the street with no moeny at all and no place to turn or a bed to sleep in...the living room floor will suffice until he leaves. I do not intend to humiliate him infront of the few friends he has made here...there is no purpose in it and I can be patient for a few more days, considering the fact that I managed through worse suffering for much longer.

It is a bit better for the kdis to gradually ee him less anyways, rather than a sudden departure...I feel this is a better approach for thier health and emotional well-being.

The older one (29 months) has Autism and any changes in routine or anything at all can set off major problems for him like food strikes or tantrums. He is already underweight and fragile, so I am hoping to make things flow as smoothly as possible and for him I can suffer through just about anything. They are doing well so far.

I am not a vengeful person and I don't wish for anything bad to happen to him, he is just young, naive and irresponsible, we all have went through our less shining periods in our growth and development.

I realize that he already regrets his actions, however, it is too little, too late and God willing he will one day learn how to take responsibility for those actions. Despite his regret, he does not posess the tact or maturity to be able to communicate or work out his shortcomings reasonably and maturely. He has a lot of growing up to do...I do not have the financial or emotional resources to raise a 3rd child, therefor he must suck it up and handle it on his own.

I didn't intend to post this here to make him look bad or to shame him, I was actually quite upset that day and just let out what I was feeling. However, it is over, and that does hurt,but, the hurt is less than the feeling of relief and positivity towards the future.

There are many aspects to the breakdown of this marriage besides the obvious ones and they include but are not limited to: a lack of intellectual stimulation, lack of normal communication abilities, lack of physical attraction which was lost due to the feeling that I am living with a young boy or a brother, lack of maturity, and personality changes and mood issues, he doesn't want to do anything...at all for recreation with myself or the kids and so on so on so on.

This is not about "girl power" or liberation per say, it is more about living in a healthy lifestyle in a healthy environment with healthy relationships. While I appreciate the "sorry's" and the back patting (thank you, all very kind), I didn't post here for that purpose but more out of shock and because a few people here know me very very well and have been very involved in our life together and I think it was shocking or at least surprising to them as well.

For those of you who don't know me, then it really is just another Joe Blow story, which you will soon forget...but, for those who do, it is much easier to just announce the news here than PM'ing you all individually, I do not think anyone expected this outcome.

Even though I am sure that nobody will learn any lessons from this other than myself, it is up here for what it's worth!

Hopefully, we will all be better off and end up in better circumstances, I am almost certain that we will, in time.

Posts: 33 | From: Halifax, NS, Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not know you but I think you are very wise and mature. [Smile] Therefor I wish you all the best!
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Beachstrife:
It is not important to me if he goes on to become a doctor, lab tech, RN, taxi driver (not likely as he cannot drive:), it is in the best interest of the children for him to be as successful as he can, so I do not wish him bad fortune at all.

Regarding immigration, technically I am responsible for him for 3 years, however, the same paper that I signed, he also signed indicating that he must also make every effort to become self sufficient and since I have a disability (as well as one of our children)I am exempt from the financial obligation and am not expected to provide for him. Despite this fact, I still intend to go on in my life and defeat those barriers and have been doing fairly well with that aspect of my life. I have no intention of trying to deport him nor do I have any fear that I would ever be accused of committing marriage fraud...not by a long shot! Seriously, what did I stand to gain from that and why would anyone live in Egypt 4 years and have two children just to help a man come to Canada, manwhile also supporting him! It just makes no sense from that angle....if I understood correctly.

I'd love to have him out before the 24th (when he plans to move out) but, I have a humane part of me that cannot kick a human out in the street with no moeny at all and no place to turn or a bed to sleep in...the living room floor will suffice until he leaves. I do not intend to humiliate him infront of the few friends he has made here...there is no purpose in it and I can be patient for a few more days, considering the fact that I managed through worse suffering for much longer.

It is a bit better for the kdis to gradually ee him less anyways, rather than a sudden departure...I feel this is a better approach for thier health and emotional well-being.

The older one (29 months) has Autism and any changes in routine or anything at all can set off major problems for him like food strikes or tantrums. He is already underweight and fragile, so I am hoping to make things flow as smoothly as possible and for him I can suffer through just about anything. They are doing well so far.

I am not a vengeful person and I don't wish for anything bad to happen to him, he is just young, naive and irresponsible, we all have went through our less shining periods in our growth and development.

I realize that he already regrets his actions, however, it is too little, too late and God willing he will one day learn how to take responsibility for those actions. Despite his regret, he does not posess the tact or maturity to be able to communicate or work out his shortcomings reasonably and maturely. He has a lot of growing up to do...I do not have the financial or emotional resources to raise a 3rd child, therefor he must suck it up and handle it on his own.

I didn't intend to post this here to make him look bad or to shame him, I was actually quite upset that day and just let out what I was feeling. However, it is over, and that does hurt,but, the hurt is less than the feeling of relief and positivity towards the future.

There are many aspects to the breakdown of this marriage besides the obvious ones and they include but are not limited to: a lack of intellectual stimulation, lack of normal communication abilities, lack of physical attraction which was lost due to the feeling that I am living with a young boy or a brother, lack of maturity, and personality changes and mood issues, he doesn't want to do anything...at all for recreation with myself or the kids and so on so on so on.

This is not about "girl power" or liberation per say, it is more about living in a healthy lifestyle in a healthy environment with healthy relationships. While I appreciate the "sorry's" and the back patting (thank you, all very kind), I didn't post here for that purpose but more out of shock and because a few people here know me very very well and have been very involved in our life together and I think it was shocking or at least surprising to them as well.

For those of you who don't know me, then it really is just another Joe Blow story, which you will soon forget...but, for those who do, it is much easier to just announce the news here than PM'ing you all individually, I do not think anyone expected this outcome.

Even though I am sure that nobody will learn any lessons from this other than myself, it is up here for what it's worth!

Hopefully, we will all be better off and end up in better circumstances, I am almost certain that we will, in time.

Applause! You might bend, but will not break. Succes with recovering...
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beachstrife
Member # 15606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beachstrife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He has left the apartment early at my request and I am managing okay. The house is quieter, calmer and the kids have not asked about him yet, but, he does come for short visits to play with them. I am planning to attend university in January and that will help occupy my mind and my time, which is a positive distraction for me.
Naturally, the first period of adjustment to being a single mom and living on my own will be full of new challenges, but, it is good that we are both civil with eachother at this point and I will get used to the routine on my own with the kids and things will pick up. I think this is the right thing for all involved. I feel more peaceful at least and that is nice.

Posts: 33 | From: Halifax, NS, Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ES Stinks
Member # 12617

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ES Stinks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really don't see why any man would want to leave a loving and supporting woman, and try and navigate a new country, system, laws, rules and all that goes with it. In just 7 months. Even if he was in it just for the Visa.

How can he possibly do it on his own? Isn't he scared? Is he CRAZY!

I wish the best for you Beachstrife, and your beautiful babies.

Posts: 256 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg2008
Member # 14767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg2008         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lucy Loves Ricky:

Most of the 250,000 new immigrants who arrive each year manage just fine.
Posts: 698 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ES Stinks
Member # 12617

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ES Stinks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by massenburg2008:
quote:

Well I don't know a lot about it, but I thought most immigrants had family here, or an established community for support like the Mexicans do. But I don't really know.

Just saying how I would feel in a new country all alone. I would much rather have a happy little nest to live in with someone who cared about me, and was an invaluable resource of information on my new country. If I actually had the choice.

Posts: 256 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
see thats the difference between men and women.. i wouldnt be alone in a country i am new too as well.. but i seee alot of men all the time they come here alone and the manage just fine..
of course american is much easier then egypt cas we have more advantages for immigrants...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beachstrife
Member # 15606

Rate Member
I pretty well managed on my own socially and financially in Egypt and I survived.

This is a very organized country (Canada) and we live in a small coy city with an excellent transit system...he learned his way in less than a week and knows more street names and places than I do! He has no trouble navigating anything here because there are a tonne of immigrant serving organizations and the people in general are quite helpful and friendly.
Everything is online as well so you just look up what u want and voila, there is the website with clear concise info.
We are quite "babied" by the government here, which I cannot really complain too much about.
They are literally paying him to study his medical licensing exam and every little cost that goes with it, right down to the doctors notes and taxes!

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by massenburg2008:
quote:

With the help of others, and my guess is that he is (probably) not alone and has had and kept many contacts there willing to shack him up.

Good luck Beach.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg2008
Member # 14767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg2008         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

They are literally paying him to study his medical licensing exam and every little cost that goes with it, right down to the doctors notes and taxes!

That's awesome. More good news for IMGs wishing to practice in Canada .

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7011204071

June 8, 2008
Vittorio Hernandez

Ontario, Canada To Open Doors To Foreign Doctors To Ease Physician Shortage

Ontario, Canada (AHN) - Restrictions on the admission of foreign doctors might soon be lifted in Ontario and efforts made to speed up their applications in an effort to ease the physician shortage in the province.

Ontario Health Minister George Smitherman announced the sweeping immigration changes to lead the nation in integrating foreign-trained doctors into the country's health system.

But this early, Smitherman's plan has been met with criticisms for failing to address the current employment problems of foreign-trained doctors in menial jobs because of the accreditation problems with their qualifications and other ethical issues involved.

Posts: 698 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I pretty well managed on my own socially and financially in Egypt and I survived.

This is a very organized country (Canada) and we live in a small coy city with an excellent transit system...he learned his way in less than a week and knows more street names and places than I do! He has no trouble navigating anything here because there are a tonne of immigrant serving organizations and the people in general are quite helpful and friendly.
Everything is online as well so you just look up what u want and voila, there is the website with clear concise info.
We are quite "babied" by the government here, which I cannot really complain too much about.

ya my problem is i have no concept of direction.. i would so forget where i am staying or even worse wind up in another country... heheheh
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com