EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » in laws (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: in laws
habibitraci
Member # 15604

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for habibitraci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, iv never visited egypt before, actualy never even left the uk, and my husband wants me to go and meet his family in egypt next summer. im just wondering what to expect, he is the oldest son and the first of his family to be married. i dont want them to think i am the horrible woman who stole there son! do you really think they will think this way or am i being paranoid?!
Posts: 25 | From: england | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
habibitraci
Member # 15604

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for habibitraci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah and im going alone and will be staying with them, im craping myself.and the only arabic i know is bad or naughty that my husband taught me!
Posts: 25 | From: england | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
all over but the cryin
Member # 16012

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for all over but the cryin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure to be openly affectionate to him in front of them at all times. Be sure not to take them any gifts, they hate that. Be sure to tell them about all of your past relationships and burping outloud is regarded as good manners. Too be sure to laugh really outloud and flirt with his dad. They like that.
Tell them you love israel and think GW Bush is the all time best president of usa. Ask them if it is ok to sleep in the same bed with their son and tell his sisters that you plan to teach their brother a thing or two (push them with your elbows when you say that).
Give them pork products or anything with alcohol they will think it is so funny! ALSO be sure to tell them you consider western sexual practices to be the wave of the future. [Big Grin]

Posts: 39 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McCains chubby cheeks:
Be sure to be openly affectionate to him in front of them at all times. Be sure not to take them any gifts, they hate that. Be sure to tell them about all of your past relationships and burping outloud is regarded as good manners. Too be sure to laugh really outloud and flirt with his dad. They like that.

MCC is of course joking - just in case you didn't realise it.
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be honest the last thing any parents in Egypt like to hear that their son's wife is older than him ,, so the best advice for you , if you are older than him then never mention that fact (even if you look older ) also the advice deoend on more information you can give about yourself? are you sam erigion? what sort of work you did in the past? so say he is mulsim and you ar enot then ,, never talk to them about alchol.. if you did work in pub before then never mention that .. make sure do not call cal them with their first name. always say aunt and uncle.. never dress in a way which you feel thy do not like ( if they were in Jejab then no need to be in exposing dres.. so many things can be told to you deoending on what bacg ground you have and what hius family has
Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I went to Egypt the first time to meet the family, his family gave me gifts. I am older than my husband, and his family knew. It was embarrasing when his mom said "are u sure she is older than u because u look older than her." Just dress appropiately and be respectable and all will be good.
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
habibitraci
Member # 15604

Rate Member
ha ha chubby cheeks! and im 32 and he is 30 so not much age difference. he is muslim and im catholic, i respect his religion and him mine its never been a problem between us, but not sure what they think about this? oh and we've been together 2 years already, but as we both live in england iv not had much contact with them apart from phone calls, and all they can say is welcome or allo!
refreshed
Member # 15850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for refreshed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SLM scream out every possible negative as if it applies to every western lass.

My problem was excessively long and frequent showering. Be conscientious of your water use.

Try and go to arab restuarants to sample the cuisine so they can be informed in advance of the dishes you do appreciate.

If you are fed goat or camel without being informed of the nature of the meat don't start crying.

Bring a squeeze bottle for washing your crevices and back end. It takes serious practice to get used to a bidet.

Learn Arab ettiquette before hand. I have a ebook on this if you'd like or just google it.
Don't smile or say hello back to young guys, believe me when that overgrown boy's father or grandfather finds out that the son of theirs has turned into an "Amm" both will receive a beating from the women and be forced to apologize.

Bring liquid soap and tissue for public bathrooms, and hand santizer.

If there is young children in the house you'll wake up in the morn a human trampoline.

Try to find gifts that don't have the "made in china" logo.

Learn something about recent history of Egypt, the last 200 years. Know something of current politics, opposition groups, price hikes, privatisation and if you are a masachist watch some Amr Khalid and try to understand how this dude could be appealing to millions of young unmarried Egyptian women the current wave of piety for modern veiled ladies is really stunning and doesn't appear to effect the way young men behave.

Good luck, it will take years to digest your experiences and it will change your perspective completely.

Remember to follow your mum in law around like a shadow or lost puppy, she'll have difficulty understanding why her son didn't come with. But if she is doped into thinking you need her like the sun it might pacify her resentment.

Posts: 277 | From: between a rock and a hard place | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
habibitraci
Member # 15604

Rate Member
hey i like goat meat! yummy! dunno about camel though.
refreshed
Member # 15850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for refreshed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by habibitraci:
hey i like goat meat! yummy! dunno about camel though.

Hey watch it, I am overly sensitive about goats.

I had a nanny goat as a pet when I was a kid. I cried for weeks and months when she died.

My first meal in egypt was goat and I knew the smell. I started screaming and crying.

I told my hubby at least 20 times about how I can't eat goat. Told my sister in law and both brother in laws in advance.

Dad understood and had them take the take away out of the apartment while I sobbed.

Posts: 277 | From: between a rock and a hard place | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by refreshed:

My problem was excessively long and frequent showering. Be conscientious of your water use.

[Big Grin] I did that. Wasn't used to the idea that hot water runs out...used up everyones in my thirty minute shower.
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
SLM scream out every possible negative as if it applies to every western lass.

Try and go to arab restuarants to sample the cuisine so they can be informed in advance of the dishes you do appreciate.

If you are fed goat or camel without being informed of the nature of the meat don't start crying.

Bring a squeeze bottle for washing your crevices and back end. It takes serious practice to get used to a bidet.

Learn Arab ettiquette before hand. I have a ebook on this if you'd like or just google it.
Don't smile or say hello back to young guys, believe me when that overgrown boy's father or grandfather finds out that the son of theirs has turned into an "Amm" both will receive a beating from the women and be forced to apologize.

Bring liquid soap and tissue for public bathrooms, and hand santizer.

If there is young children in the house you'll wake up in the morn a human trampoline.

Try to find gifts that don't have the "made in china" logo.

Learn something about recent history of Egypt, the last 200 years. Know something of current politics, opposition groups, price hikes, privatisation and if you are a masachist watch some Amr Khalid and try to understand how this dude could be appealing to millions of young unmarried Egyptian women the current wave of piety for modern veiled ladies is really stunning and doesn't appear to effect the way young men behave.

Good luck, it will take years to digest your experiences and it will change your perspective completely.

Remember to follow your mum in law around like a shadow or lost puppy, she'll have difficulty understanding why her son didn't come with. But if she is doped into thinking you need her like the sun it might pacify her resentment.

Very good advice Sono. I wish I had known this before I went to Egypt first.
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hi, iv never visited egypt before, actualy never even left the uk, and my husband wants me to go and meet his family in egypt next summer. im just wondering what to expect, he is the oldest son and the first of his family to be married. i dont want them to think i am the horrible woman who stole there son! do you really think they will think this way or am i being paranoid?!

I took gifts for the young people in the family, a little sister who was around 7, and baby nephews- barbies and winnie the pooh toddler toys.

And then I went to the godiva store and bought a mix of stuff, truffles, cookies, coffee, biscotti- because I knew his mom and sisters were chocolate/coffee fanatics.

They were so SO sweet. I'm sure it'll be the same with you- just be polite, and smile. and hug! (the girls)

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
refreshed
Member # 15850

Hibbah were these people family of your college boyfriend or another egyptian.
Mary From Braidwood
Member # 13918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary From Braidwood     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do NOT cry over goat meat. It is rather expensive to some in Egypt and they might not understand. I can imagine that! Take the mum something nice for a gift, ask her son for advice.
Posts: 40 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
refreshed
Member # 15850

quote:
Originally posted by gyne:
Very good advice Sono. I wish I had known this before I went to Egypt first.

I asked around beforehand and was told to take my hubby's word as testament.

Bularky!

He didn't want to explain how different the US was from Egypt.

I was in an utter state of shock.

I had been to Mexico, been out in the desert but this was mars to me.

What needed to happen was the personal attachment I developed to my sister in law.

My brother in laws figured out I didn't trust them and I thought they were being coy and flippant which really encouraged them to change their attitudes.

What made things work is the older generation that had kids in the west, men and women in their 40s and 50s whose sons lived in the USA. They'd come out of the woodwork to talk to my Dad and explain my perspective to him. Some older women lived with their daughter and her family in the USA for a bit and translated a few hours worth of discussion for Dad.

You do need someone to translate to mother and father in laws because the young generation might speak english but they are so wound up in their arab identity and piety. The young refuse to meet anyone halfway, while the older generation are much more resiliant and able to be patient, tolerant without it hindering their sense of self.

If I had married my ex husband 20 years ago rather than 7 years ago the immense difference it would've made!

refreshed
Member # 15850

quote:
Originally posted by barefoot.contessa:
Do NOT cry over goat meat. It is rather expensive to some in Egypt and they might not understand. I can imagine that! Take the mum something nice for a gift, ask her son for advice.

Not expensive for my in laws.

Yes I shed a tear when I smell goat meat, deal with it!

My sil will tell me when I see a goat with a rope around her neck that its a milking goat. At least she is willing to lie to save my feelings.

Mary From Braidwood
Member # 13918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary From Braidwood     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just meant that it would be odd to scream and cry over food served. I warned her due to the fact that there is a good chance her inlaws might haveto save up to provide her with meat at all. I understand you beingsensitive over a pet goat when you were a girl but to scream? I bet your boyfriend was embarrssed that is all.
Posts: 40 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree about the older generation. I have often found them to be more relaxed and less prejudiced. And just accept people for who they are. Not try to put labels on them. The young are too restless and uneasy in their skin, always trying to understand the world and categorize people. The old are just content. Well, most of them.

Is this classic agism? Isn´t that word btw?

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

quote:
Hibbah were these people family of your college boyfriend or another egyptian.

I've only had one boyfriend, and I plan on keeping it that way Sono. How about yourself?
refreshed
Member # 15850

quote:
Originally posted by barefoot.contessa:
I just meant that it would be odd to scream and cry over food served. I warned her due to the fact that there is a good chance her inlaws might haveto save up to provide her with meat at all. I understand you beingsensitive over a pet goat when you were a girl but to scream? I bet your boyfriend was embarrssed that is all.

I was married at the time and you know that.

Why are you being so condescending?

Assuming my in-laws were just family of a boyfriend?

Assuming that username's in-laws are poor?

Do you really assume the worst and that you are better than others?

Hibbah
Member # 12156

^^^^Uh oh, IT HAS BEGUN. the delusions are baaaaaack...
Mary From Braidwood
Member # 13918

Rate Member
NO. I just think it was funny you screamed.
I did not want to assume her inlaws were rich when MOST of Egypt is poor. I do not know you and only know you said before you are NOT married so yes I assumed. I would go on but to be honest I just dont really care.

habibitraci
Member # 15604

Rate Member
he asures me they are lovely people, its just i dont know what to expect? and i dont care what food they give me im not fussy anyway, but i dont like that beans thingy is it fool or something? eeww, but each to their own i suppose.
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Just expect them to be like any other people habibitraci- a family. they'll probably hug you, greet you, ask u to sit down, will offer you something to eat, drink, they'll chat with you (Even if theres a language barrier). I know its scary to meet in-laws, but you're already his wife, and since he's the oldes,t they're definately going to respect you. Expect them to be curious as well, and ask questions.
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is your age sweety?

lemme give you some advice coming from the mouth of my own (ex) mother in law when her 20 year old son married a 37 year old woman...'business is business.' ... meaning she supported his marriage simply because they all knew it was only so he could get his papers, open a biz, make money and send it back home.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary From Braidwood
Member # 13918

Rate Member
Hibbah is right they will probably be like your future husband. If he is good than they are probably to. Do not worry and enjoy them.
habibitraci
Member # 15604

Rate Member
im 32 hes 30, and no its nothing to do with money we've been together 2 years and he already lives here, also im broke!
habibitraci
Member # 15604

Rate Member
thanks for the advice ppl. also need advice on cheap flights etc, its near alexandria, cant remember the name of the place.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habibitraci, seriously wouldn't it be the right thing to do that your husband takes the initiative and introduces you to his family and country???

Oh don't stress yourself out over the visit just let me tell you it will be a complete culture shock to you. His family lives near Alex, yes? So it's most likely a village.

I advise you to not go by yourself on this trip.

~ TL

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
habibitraci
Member # 15604

Rate Member
really? he cant come with me its a long story,cant go into details here and yes i think it is a village, is that a bad thing?
Hibbah
Member # 12156

quote:
really? he cant come with me its a long story,cant go into details here and yes i think it is a village, is that a bad thing?

[Eek!] yikes... find out first if its a village- and how "villagey" of a village...
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont visit alone...have you ever asked yourself why your partner dont want to travel with you cause his parents wants to see what money you have in your pocket haha....believe me .there is no way i'd travel to any country to met strange people ...fair enough its the in laws but wtf if your partner dont come with you then stay at home..your asking for trouble..stay in the uk where you ae safe and well

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you both are in the uk stay in the uk.seems a little odd that his parents want you to go alone to meet them wtf girl stay home ... there gonna use you and your credit cards..take some advice from the people here as i have read some of the worst stories here...eggyptions family really do like the scent of a foreigners money...they do anything to get to you bank account..good job iam single haha

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
im 32 hes 30, and no its nothing to do with money we've been together 2 years and he already lives here, also im broke!

then go for it.

the only way you can know how his parents will be is if you meet them...but im sure they will love to see their son get outta their house lol...

and dont ask for advice here....almost everybodies marriage here is BS and will only give you negative advice to make you feel about ur man just as poorly as they do.

experience is best...but most likely they will love you.
egyptian parents are stuck up like that unless their daughter is about to marry a bum.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
refreshed
Member # 15850

quote:
Originally posted by marydot:
If you both are in the uk stay in the uk.seems a little odd that his parents want you to go alone to meet them wtf girl stay home ... there gonna use you and your credit cards..take some advice from the people here as i have read some of the worst stories here...eggyptions family really do like the scent of a foreigners money...they do anything to get to you bank account..good job iam single haha

Marydot has attempted to wed more than a few times to complete strangers from the internet.

Sourgrapes marydot, sourgrapes

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Momma Dukes:
what is your age sweety?

lemme give you some advice coming from the mouth of my own (ex) mother in law when her 20 year old son married a 37 year old woman...'business is business.' ... meaning she supported his marriage simply because they all knew it was only so he could get his papers, open a biz, make money and send it back home.

Papers [Confused] [Confused] If he was married to you then why would he divorce you when you have his child???You said you were married 10 yrs and in that time he never got his visa [Confused] That doesnt make any sense- you were younger,married to him and have his child. They would more likely grant him a visa with his young wife and the mother of his child vs a woman with a 17 yr age gap with him. How did he get here to begin with at such a young age???
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dont visit alone...have you ever asked yourself why your partner dont want to travel with you cause his parents wants to see what money you have in your pocket haha....believe me .there is no way i'd travel to any country to met strange people ...fair enough its the in laws but wtf if your partner dont come with you then stay at home..your asking for trouble..stay in the uk where you ae safe and well

That's extremely rude and awfully presumptuous of you. Maybe he cannot come because he started a new job or maybe he might be having issues with his work permit. Maybe he just started his own business , cant leave but his family badly wants to meet his wife...

Assuming that he wants to send her into the lions den is absolutely ridiculous. She told you they are both in the UK, met there so I dont really see what the problem is. [Frown]

Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by marydot:
[qb] If you both are in the uk stay in the uk.seems a little odd that his parents want you to go alone to meet them wtf girl stay home ... there gonna use you and your credit cards..take some advice from the people here as i have read some of the worst stories here...eggyptions family really do like the scent of a foreigners money...they do anything to get to you bank account..good job iam single haha

Marydot has attempted to wed more than a few times to complete strangers from the internet.

Go and shove your grapes up your big old ring of fire!!!

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
habibitraci, I think it is unfair of your husband to ask you to go to meet his family on your own. By your own admission you have never been out of the UK. So asking you to go to a foreign country on your own to visit his family who don't speak English and you don't speak Arabic is very unfair. Personally I would be very scared going in to the unknown like that. I have been to meet my future in laws with my partner and they were so open and welcoming and I'm sure you will receive the same warm welcome. Just make up your own mind and don't feel forced to do it. Wishing you all the best.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by marydot:
[qb] If you both are in the uk stay in the uk.seems a little odd that his parents want you to go alone to meet them wtf girl stay home ... there gonna use you and your credit cards..take some advice from the people here as i have read some of the worst stories here...eggyptions family really do like the scent of a foreigners money...they do anything to get to you bank account..good job iam single haha

omg i think refreshed is south london male...they write and MISspell the exact same way.

ewwwwwww!
looooool

refreshed
Member # 15850

quote:

Marydot willing to stay single or are you going to try for another?
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
habibitraci, I think it is unfair of your husband to ask you to go to meet his family on your own. By your own admission you have never been out of the UK. So asking you to go to a foreign country on your own to visit his family who don't speak English and you don't speak Arabic is very unfair. Personally I would be very scared going in to the unknown like that. I have been to meet my future in laws with my partner and they were so open and welcoming and I'm sure you will receive the same warm welcome. Just make up your own mind and don't feel forced to do it. Wishing you all the best.

Totally agree, wait until he is free to travel with you. If you had been to Egypt before and understood the culture/ spoke some arabic it would be different but as you have not you will need your husband there to guide you in the customs and to translate for you.
There are not many people in these small villages that speak English..you will be stranded and what would you do if you got sick. ( which highly likely if you saw the standard of hygene in these villages). These people will not understand your culture and why you may do things differently to them and you will not have your husband to explain to them and make the bridges for you.

Sorry can't understand what is in your husband's mind with his thinking, its very unfair.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
habibi I dont think this is something you should do alone for the first time in (a) going to Egypt and (b)meeting the parents in law. Wait till he can go with you. It will be a MASSIVE culture shock for you and will be hard to cope with, especially if they speak little or no English, even if they are fluent! Its not like nipping down to Brighton to meet the in laws [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There has to be something more to all of this, strange.
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
quote:
what is your age sweety?

Papers [Confused] [Confused] If he was married to you then why would he divorce you when you have his child???You said you were married 10 yrs and in that time he never got his visa [Confused] That doesnt make any sense- you were younger,married to him and have his child. They would more likely grant him a visa with his young wife and the mother of his child vs a woman with a 17 yr age gap with him. How did he get here to begin with at such a young age???
Right? 20 year old marrying a 37 year old.. but when would he have had time to marry and abuse you for 10 years? You've said his brother lived with you guys and you began an adulterous affair with the brother when he was a tender 19.

You should start and excel spreadsheet and consult it before you post. I predict you will now kick and scream about how everyone is obsessed with you, when in fact people are just not as stupid as you think. Your death will be in the details.

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmogirl:
quote:
quote:
what is your age sweety?

Right? 20 year old marrying a 37 year old.. but when would he have had time to marry and abuse you for 10 years? You've said his brother lived with you guys and you began an adulterous affair with the brother when he was a tender 19.

You should start and excel spreadsheet and consult it before you post. I predict you will now kick and scream about how everyone is obsessed with you, when in fact people are just not as stupid as you think. Your death will be in the details.

its so funny how my past is exactly that...the past, but YOU cant seem to get over it. youre trying to prove something when all your really doing is screaming how empty your life is. i mean really, you dont have your OWN sh*t to think about?

get some new material...your just grasping at anything you possibly can now.

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your past can't be the past, because your stories exist in some bizzaro world timewarp where dates, ages, and places shift and change like water. Your self described past is SHIFTY.

So what I think you meant to say was, "Oh CRAP, I wonder if anyone will notice my fumble".

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
what is your age sweety?

actually I AM th one who filed divorce against him because I couldnt take the scruffiness, lying, cheating, greediness and abuse anymore and he began to hit our daughter. i say to people he left me because after the divorce he lived with me for 3 months so i can make enough money to be on my own and then the woman gave him an ultimatum...leave her or i leave and since he knew the divorce was final, he left us unexpectedly with nothing. i had to take $$ from my father to support us for 2 months until i got a higher paying carer and now im fine.
when i took him to court, he got mad knowing that i can get alimony and good $ for support for aleya so he slashed my tires and had our utilities shut off while his own daughter was still living in the house. but now since he has nothing to hold over my head i am getting a lawyer and getting support.

he began running with the old woman when he found out because with me gone he had nobody to do take care of his place of business for him. he couldnt read or write a single word of english, and only passed his citizenship test by remembering visually what each question and answer looked like. i sat with him for a month straight getting it into his head. the biz takes a lot of daily paperwork and a good english speaker to take care of the customers (its a getty garage and gas station) and he cant do it on his own.

she now spends over 80 hours a week at the biz. and she tells me he does the same BS to her he did to me...he yells at her in front of customers and curses her calling her a fat bitch and everything when she makes the smallest mistake. not only her but other friends we ahd together (him and I) who tried to work for him told me this and it was the reason they quit soon after.

i was in the back seat of the car on the way back from JFK last month after he took my daughter there and I watched them fight because he wont take her to egypt and his father left the house because he divorced me and he didnt want to see his son for it.
she even told me, 'whenever i think of leaving him i say to myelf, who else am i going to be with, and i stay." and these were her exact words and it kinda suprised me to see her be so honest.

this is a man that only lives for money baby like the rest of them.

and now, he has another girl pregnant. she didnt listen to my warngings and now she is in the same boat i was in...

his sisters and mother told me on the phone when i called there for my kid last month that they keep trying to tell him to go back to me but i wont do it...the memories are too bad and i cant be with a monster like that.

also he tricked his borhter out of $15000...there was a pyramid system going on in the family and my ex need $10000 more to open the biz. he tricked his younger brother to be a partner with him, and once he got the money, he began to abuse him adn smack him around and make him work long crazy hours and controlled his every move, not even letting him have a GF just so that he would get fed up and leave. and the plan worked.

me and his brother hooking up was just revenge.

Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Utter horseshit.

Fact check your previous posts about him threatening your life if you took him to court, and his holding of the kids passport, and blah blah blah.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com