EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Tears of Men

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tears of Men
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was the first time for me to see his tears, his mom is still in ICU room now. My strong man seems so weak and fragile, I could not believe that he cried. He is so silent and just like I am not there.

Have you ever seen your Egyptian men cry? and what did you do to make them calm down?

Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooky
Member # 14776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just be with him. Listen more than talk. you cant help him here. most of us cry when we are in deep emotional state.

--------------------

Posts: 506 | From: Some where on the east coast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naya
Member # 13958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for naya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen my husband cry and I think tht it is great if a man can express emotions this way.

Just hug him and let him know you are there for him.

Posts: 77 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Culture Club:
That was the first time for me to see his tears, his mom is still in ICU room now. My strong man seems so weak and fragile, I could not believe that he cried. He is so silent and just like I am not there.

Have you ever seen your Egyptian men cry? and what did you do to make them calm down?

cc, i just went thru this with the passing of my MIL. i never saw him cry so bad, i just talked to him and told him he has to be strong for his family, i couldnt be there with him, but we talked on the phone for hours, it is good to cry, talking and being there is the only thing you can do. he will work it out soon. best of luck to your MIL, our prayers are with her [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there nothing you can do....most often than not they will pretty much shew you away until they get over it a little.

best thing you can do is to leave him be, they dont like to have people see them this way and trying to get a response from him will stress him out. he knows you are there when he needs you...some of these guys like to just be alone in this time. egyptian men like to hide away when they are feeling mad or sad...

he will come around on his own.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen my hubby cry and like naya i think it is good for a man to be in touch with his emotions and not think he has to display all this macho crap! CC i think what he needs is your love not your words, just be there for him, holding his hand and making physical contact with him so that he feels loved and supported. I think at a time like this there are no words to make him feel better.
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snow white     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine normally cries when my card won't work in the ATM machine [Big Grin]
Posts: 264 | From: wales | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen an Egyptian man cry but I have expereinced one in great distress and I did what I would do with anybody else in the world. I listened.

Shooky is right, in times of sadness God gave us two ears and only one mouth so we can listen twice us much as we can talk. [Big Grin] My Nana told me that [Big Grin]

It is healthy for a guy to be in touch with his emotions.. as long as they are not in touch daily or weekly!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooky
Member # 14776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
I have never seen an Egyptian man cry but I have expereinced one in great distress and I did what I would do with anybody else in the world. I listened.

Shooky is right, in times of sadness God gave us two ears and only one mouth so we can listen twice us much as we can talk. [Big Grin] My Nana told me that [Big Grin]

It is healthy for a guy to be in touch with his emotions.. as long as they are not in touch daily or weekly!

But its okay for girls...like my GF :0 ... [Big Grin]
Posts: 506 | From: Some where on the east coast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His mom is still coma (comatose) since 9 January, I suggested him ( as I found in internet) that it is good to talk with coma patient to "wake her up".

Thank you very much for your advice and care.

Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shooky:
quote:

But its okay for girls...like my GF :0 ... [Big Grin]
Not all girls cry [Big Grin] Some of us are actually in control of our emotions.

XXX I was in the middle of the veg aisle in Spinneys, I am not too sure the other customers would have understood [Wink]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vegetables make us all emotional. Don't worry about it. [Razz]
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xxx:
quote:

Next time just suck him.
what???????????? do you mean what i think you mean? [Eek!]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com