EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » High Maintenance or Low Maintenance

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: High Maintenance or Low Maintenance
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you consider yourself high or low maintenance?

How often do you get your hair done? manicure/pedicure? Buy new clothes?

Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I am medium I do my own hair pedicure and manicure maybe 5 times a year. I do buy alot of clothes and shoes oh yeah purses i LOVE purses. [Big Grin]
Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the older women get, the more maintenance they need. Just like a car!
The hair gets grey, so they colour their hair. Their feet are causing problems, so they need pedicure. Majority has more money to spend, so they buy more clothes....etc.etc.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm a beauty therapist so do my own mani, pedi, facials, waxing, eyelash perm and tint. but i hardly ever buy clothes and last time i got hair done was feb!! i feel like a scank...
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to look after myself... hairs and nails should always be clean and tidy [Big Grin]

AS for shopping, I like to shop a LOT. Don't I LB [Wink]

I also like to muck in a dig and climb and ferret around so I am a high maintenance tom boy [Big Grin]

Had all my hair off yesterday LB... looks weird! {(head hair!!!)

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all?!?!?! how short is it???
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
The hair gets grey, so they colour their hair. Their feet are causing problems, so they need pedicure. Majority has more money to spend, so they buy more clothes....etc.etc.

True but the reality is always working too hard to have the time. The big change I have made now is time for exercise which is more important than any of these other things.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I don't consider 43 as old !!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ky_sunshine:
quote:

I don't consider 43 as old !!!!!!!!!!
Also 'old 'is relative. When you should be a car they would name you an oldtimer!!! [Razz]
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am very high maintenance [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Low maintainence - hair salon every 6 weeks -relaxer, do own nails, buy clothes and shoes as needed, and have own gym. Also KY sunshine - 43 is young. I condsider "old" starting at age 70.
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lumpy butt:
eyelash perm

[Eek!] Never heard of that.

I think I'm medium maintenance. [Big Grin] Don't like strangers touching me, so I wouldn't go to a salon for manicure, pedicure, or hair removal; in fact I like doing this stuff myself. My hair is long and healthy and will probably have grown to waist length by next year, so I only have it cut once a year. But I like pampering it with henna and oils and Indian herbs.

And I love handmade soaps, good oils, rose water and mud masks for my skin.

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe medium to high but on the low side of high. If that makes sense, lol.

I get manis and pedis about every 3 weeks. I do repaint my finger nails about once a week myself. I get my hair colored and trimmed (trying to grow it out) every two months or so. When it's dark I can color it myself and actually, I think, I do a better job. I buy really nice, quality cosmetics, hair and skin products and fragrances. I don't do cheapie, discount store stuff. Nothing wrong with it though. I don't get facials because my skin is very sensitive so I have to know exactly what is going on my face. I like a massage now and then. I buy nice clothes and accesories but they don't always have to be top designer. I usually do middle of the road designer stuff like Coach, Ralph Lauren, Lucky, Calvin Klein, etc. I like to look neat and put together and smell good. [Smile]

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
all?!?!?! how short is it???

Just above shoulders... I have yet to have my hair cut in Egypt and they do it as good as my UK stylist so I have decided to lose the layers and make it easier for them.

One friend told me today the reason they cut my hair so bad is they want me to wear Hijab pmsl...

I exercise daily... I run around in circles all day [Wink]

How old is old?

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

28 plus!!!!! I feel like an old woman!
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If 28 is old, I'm ancient! I'm 35. [Eek!]

Old is relative. IMO old is like over 65. Anyone older than my folks is old. [Smile]

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm one birthday behind Ayisha [Big Grin]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
quote:
eyelash perm

[Eek!] Never heard of that.

http://www.optikur.de/beauty/kosmetik/schminktipps/wimpernwelle/
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The High-Maintenance Woman Test

A high-maintenance woman is one who seeks and needs sexual approval and drama with her lovers and friends. It may be due to low self-esteem, or it may be due to her total narcissism. Sometimes woman like to pretend that they are low-maintenance, but really they desire sexual approval and attention, which makes them more high-maintenance that understands why they are behaving the way that they do. This test tracks four variables that combine for an overall maintenance level score.

Take the test here:

http://helloquizzy.okcupid.com/tests/the-high-maintenance-woman-test

My result:
Satisfied and Fun
64 % Social Drama, 63 % Sexual Approval, 53 % Self-Confidence, 64 % Sexual Prowess

You can have your moments of high-maintenance, but it's rarely a problem for you, as you have mastered your identity and feel secure in your sexuality. You seek sexual approval from others, but know that you do and are okay with it. Sometimes the drama can get a little much, but overall it's all in good fun.
[Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snapdragon:
Do you consider yourself high or low maintenance?

How often do you get your hair done? manicure/pedicure? Buy new clothes?

i must be no maintenance then [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pamela in Blue
Member # 16741

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pamela in Blue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
natural beauty dont need maintenance.
im super low or no myself [natural]

Posts: 62 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm low maintenance
(high maintenance also means when you NEED someone to do things for you all the time, and you are incapable of being emotionally stable etc), low self-esteem and all that

I colour my own hair, have trims every month or so (my hairdresser lives next door to me parents, so thats easy)
no manicures or pedicures (polish my own fingernails - no false ones: never wanted any and they harbour too many germs anyway - no pedicures (dont like my feet being touched, but put lots of cream on them - esp to prevent cracked heals

I visit a beautician every few months or so, for eyebrow shaping, facials, back massages etc - she is very good - and I need the back massage as I have a desk job and posture can get bad

I try to take care of myself - but dont spend a fortune on designer anti-wrinkle creams etc, sometimes I make my own stuff with essential oils, porridge oats, sweet almond oil, and other natural ingredients that can be found in the garden and kitchen cupboard

I cant wear make up as I'm allergic to it, so I just wear lipstick (it brightens up my face) -

but I do think I need an eye-lift, but cant quite justify the cost of it!

I dont have low self-esteem/confidence, am quite happy with the person I am, just dont like the baggy eyelids

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Acrylic nails are terrible. Like Dawnbev said, they harbor bacteria and may cause fungus growth. They also make your nails very brittle once the acrylic is removed. I had them back several years ago but I'll never have them again. I didn't get fungus, thank goodness, but my nails were so weak and brittle that they hurt for awhile till they completely grew out.
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
at the hospital where I work we are trying to get the nurses to stop wearing false nails, not only is a cross-contamination issue but also how on earth can you complete nursing tasks wearing those things????
Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acrylic nails look cheap IMHO, I am not the Barbie type of girl anyway, I prefer more the natural look. But many other women like them so to each their own.
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I go to the hairdressers every 8 to 10 weeks. Like LB I am a beauty therapist so I do my own waxing, eyebrows, pedicures. My nails are short because of my work. Used to St Tropez myself every week but now I just use a moisturiser with a build up tan in it. I do not go to the gym, my exercise consists of walking my dog, swimming and exercising at home using a swiss ball etc.
I haven't bought clothes in an while as I have so much I have worn so little.
I don't agree with acrylic nails as they do ruin the natural nail. I would rather people concentrated on improving the condition of the their own nails.
I do like buying a variety of shower and bath products as I like having the choice.
But I have to say I am not high maintenance.

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

it totally depends on who does the acrylic nails! It done properly they will not grow fungus!.. and will not look cheap. Also, if only the natural oils are removed to start off with, there should be none or minimal damage to the nail bed. If your nails are ruined it means the person hasn't done it correctly.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I think I can be high maintenance as I am used to a nice life but that is seriously no reflection on my self esteem...

I am with DB, my esteem ad confidence are both fine I just like to make the bad things look better [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
it totally depends on who does the acrylic nails! It done properly they will not grow fungus!.. and will not look cheap. Also, if only the natural oils are removed to start off with, there should be none or minimal damage to the nail bed. If your nails are ruined it means the person hasn't done it correctly.

I think on some ladies they look lovely, especially ladies who make an effort but acrylics and combats look stupid.

I am a combat girl and I could never carry them off!!!

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

dude! having acrylics doesn't mean having them 10inches long!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I don't mind the length as long as they suit the person... Some women's hands can look lovely with long or short acrylics.

Some women just look like they spend more on their nails than on their whole outfit... I am pretty anti chav and nails can be very chavvy if they look out of place.

AND... when they start to grow out I think they just look grim.

Can you do threading?

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

nope! waxing all the way baby!! i had threading done! hurt like hell!!!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am not into pain so I won't bother trying that then...
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

I tried sugaring when i was over there... baldy's sisters had some. i tried it on my face!! wasn't too bad. [Big Grin]
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Chicken !! Threading gives a better result [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila : ):
quote:

i loved the results too, had it done for my wedding
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

quote:
Originally posted by Kalila : ):
quote:

[Embarrassed] how very dare you

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com