EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What are the chances?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are the chances?
naya
Member # 13958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for naya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is European, last year turned 40 and he is a 27 years old man from Luxor but working in Hurghada as a tour-leader. They met when she was on vacation. He told her than that he loves women and had many, but he has special feeelings for her. They kept in touch and she returned, stayed in a hotel and he paid everything when they were together. They had great time but she knew he kept in touch with other ladies - later he promised to cut all the old ties.

But she felt that something special is happening between them and they continued the relationship. Then he established his own travel agency and he was short with money. So she helped. And then after three years they got married at MOJ. He then got his visa to Europe.

What do you think are the chances of this relationship to last?

Posts: 77 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he is at least an opportunist, otherwise there wouldn't be a collection of women, and she wouldn't have to ask to break contact with them.

Later she gave him money to 'save'his travel-agency, and now she is offering him a ticket to paradise. Did she discuss the future in Europe with him? What is he going to do? What are his plans? Is he going to work, and is he going to share in the costs she is making and has made for him? Did they talk that over?

How about his family? Are they going to ask a share too? Do they know her, and do they agree in the marriage? How about children? Are they a wish?

After all, it all depends on personality and mentality. It doesn't sound right, but you didn't tell anything about his' and hers personality..

OT: Last weekend I saw a discussion in a magazine;" When you are starting a new relationship, do you tell your new lover about the number of sexual contacts you've had before hër/him?"
The result was that majority has something as a fictive number what is considered as 'normal' or 'acceptable'.
For men this was different as for men. Men were afraid to be seen as a cissy or unexpierenced when the number should be too low, and women are afraid to be seen as a whore when the number should be to high.
So, a lot of them told a number which they thought was acceptable to the partner, haha.

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And then after three years they got married at MOJ. He then got his visa to Europe."

When did this occur? Are they now living together in her homecountry??

Dunno but I believe you are talking about a friend of yours so you should ask her how things are going and how she feels.

No one can predict the future. I would always say no to a 14-year-old age difference and for me no matter how many times several Egyptian men are stating they don't want kids in their lives sooner or later the issue will come up. And what then? She'll be 50 or so.

Also did he cut all ties to the other ladies - at least since he got married to her? Can she trust him? Is he being fully honest to her??

We as readers are outsiders. We do not know both individuals, their personalities, compatibility, intentions etc. so therefore we can't judge.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky Luciano
Member # 16737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky Luciano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's using his body and he is using her for visa...win win...both have shitty intentions!!!

--------------------
"Behind every great fortune,there is a crime!"
Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

Posts: 380 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mylife
Member # 14219

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why is she using his body....just because she is older?? why do men think that because the woman is older they are so grateful to have younger man.... to me younger men dont have the experience of what a older woman wants yes they may look good but some older women can actually pass for the similar age of the younger man.....could it just be that she actually has fallen for the liar...player
Posts: 312 | From: my world | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky Luciano
Member # 16737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky Luciano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's always a red flag if an egyptian falls in love with a non egyptian woman and no one would believe that he has honest feelings for her and often accused to be after "visa"!! But it's perfectly OK for non egyptian women to fall in love with a man who is 13 years younger than her, sometimes even 20 years of an age difference! No one would ever dare to question her feelings then...very interesting!!!!!!!!
Posts: 380 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mylife
Member # 14219

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is not ok for non egyptian woman to fall in love with younger man...there is always the sterotypes....everyone questions her feelings....

does she feel she is past it...

is it just because he is a hot stud

he is young enough to be your son

plus many more....sometimes things happen wether it right or wrong....you cannot control wat happens....but i do believe people get involved with certain people not for the right reasons...

there will always be two sides to every story...just who is telling the truth...that is the question...

Posts: 312 | From: my world | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
13 years is nothing, my mate has been married 2 years to her fella, and they are doing just fine and he is 13 years her junior, whts the problem?
Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky Luciano
Member # 16737

Member Rated:
There is no problem as long as this "visa" crap isn't brought up!

--------------------
"Behind every great fortune,there is a crime!"
Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with mm77. My egyptian bil married and egyptian woman 20 years older than him. They have been married since 2002 and are doing fine and they live in Egypt.
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, that's changing the case! Naya, don't worry! Twenty years of age-difference, sponsoring him with money, a visa, that all doesn't seem to matter!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naya
Member # 13958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for naya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
Ah, that's changing the case! Naya, don't worry! Twenty years of age-difference, sponsoring him with money, a visa, that all doesn't seem to matter!

I am not worried at all [Big Grin]

I met this lady in her mid fifities on a plane to Cairo and we started to talk about Egypt and of course, our men. So she told me her story as I wrote it at the beginning. She said she knew that the chances for this realtionship to work were not great, but they were both willing to give it a try - oh yes, it was love [Smile] and a lot of hard work too. But also, what made a difference for her:
- he was honest about his past and willing to change,
- he was always hard working (since he was 14 he contributed to family budget as the eldest son and worked his way up in the tourism industry).

So she forgave him to be foolish before their story begun. So after two years of contacts and two more visits she moved to Egypt for a year before she decided to get married (luckily, she can do her work mostly on-line). Yes, at that time she helped with funds for the agency as she knew how difficult it was to start a business from zero without good connections at high levels and money was not a problem for her.

Twelve years later they are still happily married. Yes, he got his visa and now even has residency in her home country but goes there just to visit her family and for business - he likes it in Egypt and so does she. Now she says she lives like a queen in a nice villa in 6th October and he came to pick her up in a new BMW - they even gave me a ride home as my husband was stuck in traffic because of some closed roads in Cairo.

We agreed that our Egyptian husbands are the best in the world [Big Grin] And yes, her Mohammed is different.

So I just thought I would share this positive story after being away from ES for some time.

There are always chances in both direction, but the good thing is that we can influence the direction with our actions.

Posts: 77 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I guess to be in such a relationship these days is most likely the norm - at least that's what it sounds here on the forum.

Perhaps I am old-fasioned in my way of thinking. All I know is I won't get rid off my *old* husband for a younger man. We belong together - until death do us part!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seriously doubt that the older women that married younger men dropped their husbands for a younger man.
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Well, we all know the stereotype older man with his secretary. It happens, but a lot??? Don't think so. However, in a touristic area are more hotels, bars and restaurants as in a normal town. Don't know if this is the way in every country but in my country the people who are working in that field are having a higher rate of divorces as normal. In fact you can see the most weird relationships there, and I always blamed it on the working-hours: evening and nights, the alcohol and perhaps the drugs.
It takes away the personal boundaries...
So, perhaps the life-style in such area's is comparable with that. The sheikh tries to keep the young men scared, so every now and then one is visiting him because his conscience is bothering, but for the rest: everybody is doing it, and whether a woman is married or not, under influence from alcohol, drugs a lot can happen...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
damn!! I got the younger man but cant get him to move to UK, no booze or drugs, what did I do wrong?? [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
I'm afraid you don't fit in any stereotype, Ayisha.... [Razz]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com