EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Quik Question for all those who married Egyptian men (ministry)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quik Question for all those who married Egyptian men (ministry)
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Girls and Guys if thres any for input [Wink]

Just wanted people to say what they actually wrote in their marriage contract re; certain issues..........

> Did any of you write an amount to be paid if divorce was to occur ???

- Did u have to pay anything at that time re; the amount????

> How about not marrying another whilst married to you [Big Grin]

> What did any of you write re; Dowry/gold etc.. ???

> Also did any of you girls find unexpected payments occuring due to these conditions???

Does anyone actually 100% know if same applies to Egyptian marrying Egyptian ????

THX GIRLYS x

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Btw it's not ment to be prying into yr life x just as info as I'm quite sure alot didn't put any conditions??? I for 1 was wanting to put divorce only if I'm paid £1mil Lol... I'm serious ! but am told whomever oversees the marriage contract has to be paid 5% on total???? So that blows that little plan of mine [Big Grin]

I understand it's not like anyone plans to marry then divorce but we all know it's becoming a sad but true possibility and we as women need to have some kind of back up policy [Wink] x x

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't even think I did anything like that. There was no conditions, no dowry, 1 LE if we get divorced (you can't leave it blank), and no money paid to anyone for doing it other than the usual fees that MOJ charges.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no conditions and 2 LE if we divorced. The only fees that were paid were the required fees for getting married.
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If i remember rightly, there was something about % of the money. My husband was going to put alot then the guy told us you will have to pay more so we just put a LE1.
when we married i was never asked if i wanted special circumstances put on our certificate. I know other women who have stated, travel freely with or without children, one wife only - things like that MM. Think carefully what is important to you.
Good luck.

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Girlys x x x Glad to see HB u got same kind of info re % Guess i'll have to become a very cheap ........ [Wink] But he's not getting away with it scot free im def putting in my 1LE's worth of conditions hahaha
I did mention if thats the case and the corruption of Egypt with Filous being paid for fek all, then i'll be putting 25 piestres on the marriage certificate just for the pure fun of seeing them work out who will get the 5% (oh wat a cow i am) [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

And Egypt along with UK and US wonder why this intermarriage sham is going thru the roof in figures ???? U think they would be giving that condition free to stop the fukkers who are only playing games with foreign women's feelings and money......... [Mad] If the guys had to pay alot for divorce they wouldn't even consider marriage with someone their just playing with

snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snow white     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I would have added 'The right to murder him' in my contract!!!!!! [Wink]
Posts: 264 | From: wales | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never had any demands on our marraige contract but wanted to put on the contract that he can only have one wife while with me but never did on the end.

If your in the UK and he is in Egypt... he need not divorce you cos he could marry an egyptian girl and would you know.... Na never..

Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would definitely request a dowry. And the right to divorce immediately in case he should want to marry a second wife.
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Yep fully aware of the religious views re wives [Wink] Going to add Just for the fact it would be written [Razz]

Though i will state its not likely [Big Grin] But just in case a capricorn needs her back up plan LOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

DALIA can u tell me what the dowry exactly ? [Embarrassed]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egypt 2007:
I never had any demands on our marraige contract but wanted to put on the contract that he can only have one wife while with me but never did on the end.

If your in the UK and he is in Egypt... he need not divorce you cos he could marry an egyptian girl and would you know.... Na never..

i did , or we did..put will never touch another person as long as we were married , and that he would never take another wife while with me [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
I know quite a few muslim men in my work and i can personally guarantee majority don't agree to the islamic right of having up to 4 wives. They think its pure greed and not needed if u find the right one (from a male point of view)

I also do believe men will be men some will never stay with just 1 woman and some will, its just luck of the draw [Wink] but always write the rules, after all every land has rules, men are islands but we are the fertile lands for which plenty of beautiful things come [Big Grin]

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by murray-mint77:

DALIA can u tell me what the dowry exactly ? [Embarrassed]

Hi mm,

not sure if I understand your question correctly. Are you asking me for the definition of dowry -- or how high it should be? [Smile]

I am sorry, I used an incorrect term in my earlier post, btw.!!! I meant "mahr" and not "dowry". That happens when you post on here while doing a couple of other things at the same time ... [Embarrassed]

quote:
Originally posted by murray-mint77:
I know quite a few muslim men in my work and i can personally guarantee majority don't agree to the islamic right of having up to 4 wives.

Same here. And I am also positively sure that a guy I would consider marrying would not be the kind of person who agrees with polygamy anyway. [Wink]

But I would put it into a marriage contract for two reason: Firstly out of principle -- I find the fact that it is still allowed in Egypt abysmal and wouldn't want to give a *silent agreement* to this practice.

And secondly because you never know what might happen in the future. I pride myself in usually having a very good feeling for people's character etc. But people might change, and you never know what will happen years from now, particularly if you are dealing with someone from a different background and culture ...

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake1081
Member # 17204

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jake1081   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always said, marry within your own country.
Posts: 9 | From: Arizona | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Hehehehehe yes I know mahr , dowry was alittle confusing that's why I had to ask wat it is lol thx x x x
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Jake U may be born to a certain country, but unfortunately It doesn't mean u have 2 stick with everything there...... Home is where the heart is and mine is definately in Egypt, hence I'm happy to have found a husband from the only place In this world I truly love [Big Grin]
I did try dating a few guys in my birth country but sadly they don't have same ideas and goals for their life as i share with many Egyptians x [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

anyways if we all stuck to people from our own countries this world would b a very sad place not knowing any different x After all majority of times mixing cultures can bring out the best from both sides, that's why this forum is so great mixing USA with UK with other European places and Egypt [Wink]
if someone decides to stick to their own ....why come to
forum regarding another country altogether?
Don't make sense to me, [Razz]

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Murray Mint...you've just answered a troll. Ignore it and it's stupid retarded comments.

Have you decided if you are going to live in Egypt or UK after the wedding? The reason I ask is because when I got married they ask at the ministry what conditions you want adding and I stated that I can travel whenever I want to and don't need permission and also can continue to work after we have children...although I'm not sure how relevant these are as we don't live in Egypt.

Anyway good luck for February and make sure you have a good few days in Egypt before the wedding as there is lots of running around to do getting things stamped and signed and translated. The offices seem to be spread all over the place as well!!

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
DG
I would certainly love to go and live in Egypt right now, As i've also had the offer of being looked after if i choose that option [Big Grin] But unfortunately my nature don't allow me to up sticks without stable foundations in place beforehand [Frown] So my plan is try to get these foundations set in place, (within say max 5 yrs...Get my girl finished education, also may give me time to pop out some rugrats here) then sod off over there for good [Big Grin] (give and take the odd return for shopping and family ) in that order LOL

I'm going over for 3 wks with either side for a wk of relaxation [Cool] I know this getting married business is a complete run around but i actually quite enjoy rushing around Cairo from place to place even with the queues im very strange [Big Grin]
Though i admit i am thinking up some sarcastic comments to reply to certain retards in these buildings, bcos im guaranteeing someone will make a comment to the wrong person [Wink] ME

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com