EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » marriage at the embassy??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: marriage at the embassy??
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when someone got married at the american embassy in cairo can yall tell me how much it cost to get married???
mohmed said 1400$ is that right?

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dilemma
Member # 16672

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dilemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband paid under $300 USD for all paperwork including translations,taxis for running around due to the marriage, and dowry. This is the website which should be of help http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/acs12.htm
Posts: 133 | From: egypt/usa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by tina kamal:
when someone got married at the american embassy in cairo can yall tell me how much it cost to get married???

It probably does if mohmed says so, think of the sick mother and tita the younger sister who needs a fancy dress and little bonzo who wants a bike and a pair of shoes. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the British Embassy it cost £75 for the free to marry paper. At MOJ it was about £6 apparently! As Dilemma says there is odds and ends on top.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dilemma
Member # 16672

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dilemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol @ Dzosser response
Posts: 133 | From: egypt/usa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:

It probably does if mohmed says so, think of the sick mother and tita the younger sister who needs a fancy dress and little bonzo who wants a bike and a pair of shoes. [Big Grin]

thats what his friend tried telling him i said hell no....hes not like that dzosser he isnt asking for money he was just curious.
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

you cant get married at the american embassy anyway..you just get the paper work for the MOJ
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will all depend on the exchange rate at the time anyway, so which fluctuate all the time x
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pininah
Member # 13657

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pininah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina , i was just there other day with my friend , the cost is 30. usd or 170 egyptian punds, then u have to go the post office and pay 50 pounds for the marriage stamp that is requried , i will be leaving egypt thursday the 15th to get b ack to missouri i will call u friday and explain everything , my daughter is having heart surgrey and i need to be ther efo rher , even though she is a adult , she will alwyas be my baby girl . tlak to you soon .....

--------------------
Cheryl Hise

Posts: 68 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pininah
Member # 13657

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pininah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry for the typos i broke my glasses lol try buying a pair of reading glasses here in egypt !!!!!!!! lol

--------------------
Cheryl Hise

Posts: 68 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GM44
Member # 13971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GM44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you need glasses quick (approx. an hour!) you can get them from the area between Wust el Balad en Abdeen. Just take a prescription!
And good luck for your daughters' surgery!

Posts: 264 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pininah
Member # 13657

Rate Member
thank you so much , i will go there .

--------------------
Cheryl Hise

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com