EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Who know this man???? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who know this man????
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
How do you 'look' christian ffs!!! [Wink]

What do I look?

What does my Egyptian friend with dreadlocks and umpteen tattoos look? (he is Muslim btw lol...) He looks like Bob Marley!

How can you 'look' anything!!! I am confused.com

Since living here I have noticed that Christians DO actually have a different 'look' in the shape of the face and other things. May seem daft but it works [Big Grin]

You LOOK Brummy [Big Grin]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I AM NOT FROM BIRMINGHAM... grrrr (I am a Black country lass)

I really don't see how people can look anything tbh, my 2 friends REALLY don't look a certain religion...

In fact, if I hadn't have happened to ask one day I would never have guessed.

Religion just isn't a subject we discuss.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i woner if christian men are smaller down stairs??
lets ask the muslim men if they are well endowed . i can see it now. hahaha excuse me sir u look christian may i see the size of yr penis and the number of rings u have on? are they gold or silver? oo and by the way when a man has 4 wives does he also have to wear 4 rings???or just a tigers tooth on a necklace keeping track of 4 women would sure make me freakin crazy as hell if i were a man...

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:

No. Tina men are men, not all Muslims are well endowed and not all christians are well endowed and not all black men even are well endowed [Big Grin]

Its like saying all muslim women have huge breasts! [Big Grin]

Thats put an end to THAT fallacy [Big Grin]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

No. Tina men are men, not all Muslims are well endowed and not all christians are well endowed and not all black men even are well endowed [Big Grin]

Thats put an end to THAT fallacy [Big Grin]

i know sweety it was just a mental sarcastic thought...
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

How many years of 'research' did it take you to come to this conclusion?? [Big Grin] [Cool]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Yeah right lol.. have you tried buying anything over a D cup here... [Wink]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha don't you mean "lets put and end to that PHALLUSY"?
Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[/qb]

Since living here I have noticed that Christians DO actually have a different 'look' in the shape of the face and other things. May seem daft but it works [Big Grin]

Have to agree with you there Aisha. There is often a clear difference in the looks between Muslim and Christian Egyptians. There are over 200,000 Egyptians living here in the UAE and I have learned over the last few years how to spot the differences, for me I would normally need a clue eg Silver jellry on the man, a zibiba ;)normally dead giveaways but sometimes I can tell by a certain face type but my husband can tell 99.9% of the time by looking at the face only whether the person is Muslim or Christian. He reckons this is something all Egyptians can do. (along with an inborn ability to bellydance as well apparently [Big Grin] [Big Grin] )

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
quote:

Have to agree with you there Aisha. There is often a clear difference in the looks between Muslim and Christian Egyptians. There are over 200,000 Egyptians living here in the UAE and I have learned over the last few years how to spot the differences, for me I would normally need a clue eg Silver jellry on the man, a zibiba ;)normally dead giveaways but sometimes I can tell by a certain face type but my husband can tell 99.9% of the time by looking at the face only whether the person is Muslim or Christian. He reckons this is something all Egyptians can do. (along with an inborn ability to bellydance as well apparently [Big Grin] [Big Grin] ) [/QB]

It is true. You can tell by the face. It is even easier to tell with women than with men, but I have gotten quite good at telling the difference just by sight. I may be wrong, but to me, this guy in the picture does not have that Christian look. Besides, so many guys in Sharm are know to lie about their religion to foreign women.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
My face-dar must be broken lol.

All the staff in the expat bars are copts and look no different to any regular guy coming out a mosque...

Luckily my gay-day works [Big Grin]

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love people watching and I love playing guess the nationality of Arabs when I'm out and about in Dubai. I'm only any good at guessing when people are from this part of the world and can guess well with lots of Africans such as Ethiopians and Sudanese but I'm rubbish with doing it when it's people from Europe or America for example. My husband is amazingly good at it and can always tell if someone is say English when I think they Russian or something. [Embarrassed]

I used to be only able to tell Egyptian men if they have the "wiggy" rough hair which my husband has extra extra rough hair and it grows like an afro if left unchecked. Lots of Egyptian men don't have this hair and that used to confuse me but nowadays I'm more expert and call tell when they have no hair [Wink]

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
My Gay Dar works very well too Cheeky. [Big Grin]

I can't comment on the pic as I haven't seen it. The site is blocked here (internet is unbelievably censored here in UAE for the most random of sites but especially if you want to view anything remotely pro christian)

I remember in the last building we lived in here our doorman was Egyptian and I was really surprised as this as he had very light blonde hair, blue eyes and pale skin. He was from Mansoura where apparently there are lots of similar blonde haired egyptians living there from when it was occupied by the french

For me, one of the most lovely things in human nature is how we all look so different and especially when you mix different races/nationalities you get some amazing results.

I was reading recently in the daily mail about how mixed raced people are more attractive to others (they did a study showing loads of people including mixed race to black and white people and the mixed race people were found to be more appealing) and mor sucessful than their single race counterparts and in fact are over representated as being at the top of their chosen professions. Examples were given such as Barack Obama, Tiger Woods, Leona Lewis, Lewis Hamilton even Ryan Giggs got a mention (I had no idea he was mixed race but his grandad is from Sierra Leone) I have a friend here who is half chinese half african american and she is so stunning and her looks really stand out. I'm always trying to guess which features my baby will get from me and my husband as we are polar opposites in looks...not long now to wait and see [Big Grin]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

How many years of 'research' did it take you to come to this conclusion?? [Big Grin] [Cool]
many TL [Big Grin]
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:

How many Muslim men walk into a Church?

kleopatra8rus does he have any tattoos on his wrists? Any type of Jewelry besides this ring you can describe?

It doens't really matter. We all know that men from SHARM are sooooo honest and never lie about their religion or anything else for that matter. They are the world's most trustworthy men. In fact, this OP is wasting her time here on this forum asking these silly questions when she should be out buying him some more gold and flat screen tv's in preparation for their upcoming marriage. Because we all know that she will soon find out he does NOT have another woman, nor has he EVER had another woman and for sure SHE is the ONLY one in his life. Sounds like true love to me. [Roll Eyes]
I don't recall the original poster typing "true love" actually she sounds rather weary of the dude.

Taking money from a foreign chick is one thing, but a Muslim claiming to be Christian would not happen.

I am well aware the most ESer lasses are only involved with "open-minded, well traveled, well educated" men; but Sharm is Sharm and religion is religion.

No matter where you are in Egypt Muslims won't falsely testify to another religion. Nor will a Muslim who's shady enter a Church.

Only "open-minded, well traveled, well educated" men who are Muslim would ever dream of entering a Church and certainly not while there is a religious service in session.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been to both wedding and funeral service sessions in both Catholic and Coptic churches in Cairo..many times, I can spot a copt when I see one, the eyes are different, the women are damn easy..piece a cake, specially the elderly..the dark shadow under their eyes is so obvious let alone the frizzy oily hair.

We Muslims call coptic looks 'SEHNA' or characteristics, we know how to differentiate from certain words they use while speaking, they never answer back to an Islamic ' Al Salam Alaykum' they answer by saying 'Salam' instead of the Islamic 'We alaykom al Salam'. [Roll Eyes]
Most have a small blue cross tattooed on their wrists, both sexes. [Confused]

Copts are clearly more organised and systematic in work than Muslims, rarely will you find one who will pull tricks on you, they fear punishment from God, their churches are clean and neat..we Muslims steal shoes from mosques [Big Grin]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
..we Muslims steal shoes from mosques [Big Grin]

And from Shanta's garden terrace where they were airing for several weeks after a trek through Zebuleen Town [Wink]
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeama:
quote:
..we Muslims steal shoes from mosques [Big Grin]

And from Shanta's garden terrace where they were airing for several weeks after a trek through Zebuleen Town [Wink]
Zabaleen not Zebuleen [Big Grin]
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malimaz
Member # 17616

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malimaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion regardless of his jewelery or religious status, you should know him better and as everyone has said if you are coming to this forum to ask if anyone knows anything about him good or bad, then you don't know him well enough and you need to take more time.

If he is pushing for you to marry I would be wise as to why, firstly you own a company here so regardless if his feelings and actions are honest, he stands to gain a nice income from you and/or business that he can take from you if you were to marry. Many asked if you have personally met his family, I would not marry him if you have not! KEY POINT!

He may be completely honest or may be totally pulling the wool over your eyes, NOTE that DZ mentioned he has seen him twice in two days with different women, a red head and an older woman that looked foreign. Be careful...

Seems your not ready and I wouldn't recommend it without knowing more about him with your own view.

Surprise visit; come check up on him yourself, don't tell him your coming and just sit back and watch for yourself. You stand to lose a lot if you make a mistake so prevent the mistake and do your homework logically.

Posts: 108 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malimaz
Member # 17616

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malimaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taking money from a foreign chick is one thing, but a Muslim claiming to be Christian would not happen.

Does happen - I knew a couple of guys while I lived in El Gouna that would tell women they were christian to get dates and I also had a friend in the states that always told people there he was christian but attended friday prayers at the same Masjid as me with his Muslim wife!

No matter where you are in Egypt Muslims won't falsely testify to another religion. Nor will a Muslim who's shady enter a Church.

Only "open-minded, well traveled, well educated" men who are Muslim would ever dream of entering a Church and certainly not while there is a religious service in session.

Entering church; have had many friends here both Muslim and Christian and we have attended weddings in churches. Some men will stop at nothing to get what they want so I would not put it past them in that area as they are away from private life to lie about things, if they are already doing one haram whats to stop them from another.

Posts: 108 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dilemma
Member # 16672

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dilemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with malimaz. LOL Dzosser "we muslims steal shoes from mosques" That is what happened to ex.
Posts: 133 | From: egypt/usa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
I love people watching and I love playing guess the nationality of Arabs when I'm out and about in Dubai. I'm only any good at guessing when people are from this part of the world and can guess well with lots of Africans such as Ethiopians and Sudanese but I'm rubbish with doing it when it's people from Europe or America for example. My husband is amazingly good at it and can always tell if someone is say English when I think they Russian or something. [Embarrassed]

u cant do that in usa hun. it will make ur head spin. before it was easy until we started gettin pureto ricans and then guatamalans and etc..try tellin all of them latinos apart.makes ya head hurt like a mother....then if ya ask someone thats not mexican if they are from mexico they get all pissed off its funny
malimaz
Member # 17616

Rate Member
LOLOL, thats so true. Assuming anyone is mexican that is not is like spitting in their face. Im from Los Angeles and ok its an easy mistake to make but yeah totally over react. Puerto Ricans are easy, they got it on the back side and that curly hair and new york style accent lol easy to find, just think of J Lo.
malimaz
Member # 17616

Rate Member
LOL Good english; sorry I meant "mexican is like spitting in their face"
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

why would a 'shady' Muslim not enter a church when he will still enter a Mosque? That makes no sense and is not true.

I have known many Muslims enter churches as malimaz said and many muslims who will go to a Christian priest for some form of 'healing' too. and I dont mean 'go to a Christian doctor'. Its not haram for a Muslim to go into a Christian Church

The vast majority, if not all, Christians do have a tattoo of a cross in the wrist though, so look for that. If no tatto then it is only 'doubtful' but not definite.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Well if Copts are so easy to differentiate from Muslims then their lies will fall on deaf ears surely [Wink]

I know an 8 yr old who has just had his wrist cross tattooed on [Frown] I personally think that is a little young!!!

I know many a dude who were brought up being told they were a Copt or a Muslim but have no faith whatsoever... Just because folk are labelled with a religion doesn't mean they are believers... being a bad bastard will not bother them in the slightest.

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've been told the tatoos are indicative of class (ie, only the lower classes have them done these days)
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Copts are clearly more organised and systematic in work than Muslims, rarely will you find one who will pull tricks on you, they fear punishment from God, their churches are clean and neat..we Muslims steal shoes from mosques [Big Grin]

I don't know about stealing shoes but I do agree that Copts are very honest to do business with. Its so refreshing they do what they say, when they say they will do it.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
i've been told the tatoos are indicative of class (ie, only the lower classes have them done these days)

I was wondering about that as my coptic friends are very well to do, and none of them have these tatoos.

Do women have them as well?

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:

Tbh, I am inclined to agree based on the Copts I know who have them and the Copts I know who don't.
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I know many a dude who were brought up being told they were a Copt or a Muslim but have no faith whatsoever... Just because folk are labelled with a religion doesn't mean they are believers... being a bad bastard will not bother them in the slightest.
Quite a while ago I joined an atheist group on FB- one of those "can we find such and such amount of atheists on here". I was shocked to see the admin was egyptian.
I emailed him asking him questions about what it's like being an atheist in egypt, etc (that's what three years of journalism does to you). He told me many facinating things about how he has to live in secret, and how many other atheists there really are here. On paper, he is another muslim. I wonder what the true statistics are.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I think the true stats would be very surprising IF they did any. As far as i know ALL Egyptians have it on the birth certificate, ID card and passports what religion they are, and you cant put 'none' you have a choice of Christian or Muslim [Big Grin]

Hubby was surprised it didnt say on my passport [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
I think the true stats would be very surprising IF they did any. As far as i know ALL Egyptians have it on the birth certificate, ID card and passports what religion they are, and you cant put 'none' you have a choice of Christian or Muslim [Big Grin]

Hubby was surprised it didnt say on my passport [Big Grin]

You even have to state your religion in some business contracts. I always put Church of England...then they look at you confused like UK invented its own God [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
When you register at Mogamma for a Visa you are advised to state a religion... I put C of E....

I have given this advice on ES before as I know one woman who was denied an 1yr visa for stating 'none'.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com