EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » aaah, Is it love, or does he want a visa? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: aaah, Is it love, or does he want a visa?
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why aren't we living at home with our families???
Any foreign woman living here alone, not working, must have been asked this question.
People in this kind of culture cannot really grasp the idea that as women, we own our own lives, we have our own financial arrangements, and we own our own bodies. And we make our own arrangements.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting Egyptians down here, not saying they're dumb; We do the same, you know how often, and how frustrating it is, you speak to a smart young Egyptan girl, just about to finish college, and ask
'So, are you going to go off to Cairo [or Paris NY ...] and get a great job now?'
Er no.
She is going to put the degree away in a drawer, get her folks to find a rich husband, and stay home eating cakes from Groppi's, and calling foreigners sharameet.
I've been a widow here for over 5 years [English husband] and people who should know better still think I am only still here because I can't get an Egyptian man to marry me.
Women should be near their families. Even married women hate to be more than a cab ride away.
Maybe it's better than our way.
In many ways it is.
Smells of tribalism to me sometimes.
Women who are here with Egyptian husbands, and I know a few, are more admired for the way they integrate, become fake Egyptian women. Ask permission to go shopping. Only go to 'family' coffee shops. Sit quietly with folded hands, silently nodding when her husband is speaking.
And amongst the female in-laws, calling foreigners sharameet.
Seen it. Heard it. Could never do it!
I need a beer now and again.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for My_Login_Name     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CF, i only sent you one msg saying r u there while i was bored and we were talking on a thread and the thread is here as an evidence! i only sent you one msg say "r u there" then i sent you another one wondering if you are male of female 'cause all other members are talking to u as female while you told and lied (seems all foreign women tend to lie about something) that you are an italian guy living in maadi then u replied that every one iamgine you in a certain way i told you i imagine you as a white rabbit and that was it in only 30 minutes you sent me 2 msgs and i sent you 3 and i never sent you anything after that!
so please dont make it sound as if i am sending you every min and cant live without you in my miserable life lol
You get a life! I am already satisfied with the one i have, i thank god for everything and anything he gives me and i am happy with it, thanks alot for your concern!!

Posts: 199 | From: Here and there | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
LMFAO at Login.

You just lost the respect of 98% of this board and won that of Bollox, who no one respects. Alf Mabrouk and good luck in your mission to protect society from us Brits.

You sad sad sad little boy.

Now, stop sending me PM's and get a life [Big Grin]

So,you got a pm from Yanal?
Heyy,marydot,Ferret got one,tooooooooooo!!! [Big Grin]

feeling a bit left out now [Frown]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mo Ning Min E:
Why aren't we living at home with our families???
Any foreign woman living here alone, not working, must have been asked this question.
People in this kind of culture cannot really grasp the idea that as women, we own our own lives, we have our own financial arrangements, and we own our own bodies. And we make our own arrangements.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting Egyptians down here, not saying they're dumb; We do the same, you know how often, and how frustrating it is, you speak to a smart young Egyptan girl, just about to finish college, and ask
'So, are you going to go off to Cairo [or Paris NY ...] and get a great job now?'
Er no.
She is going to put the degree away in a drawer, get her folks to find a rich husband, and stay home eating cakes from Groppi's, and calling foreigners sharameet.
I've been a widow here for over 5 years [English husband] and people who should know better still think I am only still here because I can't get an Egyptian man to marry me.
Women should be near their families. Even married women hate to be more than a cab ride away.
Maybe it's better than our way.
In many ways it is.
Smells of tribalism to me sometimes.
Women who are here with Egyptian husbands, and I know a few, are more admired for the way they integrate, become fake Egyptian women. Ask permission to go shopping. Only go to 'family' coffee shops. Sit quietly with folded hands, silently nodding when her husband is speaking.
And amongst the female in-laws, calling foreigners sharameet.
Seen it. Heard it. Could never do it!
I need a beer now and again.
[Big Grin]

*handles bucket of ice cold beer to Mo Ning Me*
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
phew. thanks.
Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by My_Login_Name:

People like you who think foreginers can do anything were the reason Iraq reached this point from destruction and division!!

wow I never knew Iraq was a tourist attraction! [Eek!] Is there an Iraqsearch forum where the tourists complained about Iraq men harrassing them and wanting visas too?
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for My_Login_Name     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iraq was never a touristic destination! but there were some Iraqis who welcome the American troops and thought they will lead them to Democracy but they ended up in a mess and threat of dividing their country Iraq to 3 or 4 parts!
Google it
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article664974.ece

Posts: 199 | From: Here and there | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D_Oro
Member # 17954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for D_Oro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, All I did was post a funny video. I didn't mean any offense. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Now watch the video and laugh [Smile]
"HERE"

Posts: 770 | From: www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
Mo Ning Min E
I think in your case is totally different you are egyptians and this is your land and you can criticize and you can say whatever you want since this country's furture is affecting you and your family.
I respect you for this decision that you have made to go back to Egypt and live there although you had the chance to live in UK, well that proves that you are attached to Egypt so much and love being here.
But lets put aside some egy girls and how they think about getting married to a rich man and leave there degree behind, dont you agree with what i have said earlier! do u agree foreigners to step by step interfere in all our policies and issues! and even gather together on an egyptian soil to discuss our policies and internal issues! i think egypt must put an end to this silly Intervention once and for all.

stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
do u agree foreigners to step by step interfere in all our policies and issues! and even gather together on an egyptian soil to discuss our policies and internal issues! i think egypt must put an end to this silly Intervention once and for all.

MLN, I appreciate your sense of pride and just as I appreciate your passion, however ask yourself what Egypt would be like without foreign money and the strings attached to it. Every time the regime buckles, even if it's only a little bit, it's because it has to in order to keep the foreign aid coming in. Nothing is free. If Egypt wants the world out of its affairs, all it has to do is get off of the dole. But, if that's what happens, be prepared for the ramifications.

BTW, Turkey wants into the EU, and will likely get in.

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I dont think a group discussing things on a forum is interferring, its discussing OUR experiences here. I am a bit pissed of recently with the power cuts here, apparently so they can save electricity to light up the Theban hills at night, but im not going to go off to Mubarak and demand mine stays on because im foreign! I accept thats how it is BUT I have every right to MOAN about it if I want to, especially when they cut the power AND water just as the call to prayer sounds! Do I have to be Egyptian to moan about that or can I moan based on living here?

It seems you have a downer on foreigners in general and are blaming everything on us, even down to Iraq!

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mo Ning Min E
I think in your case is totally different you are egyptians and this is your land and you can criticize and you can say whatever you want since this country's furture is affecting you and your family.
I respect you for this decision that you have made to go back to Egypt and live there although you had the chance to live in UK, well that proves that you are attached to Egypt so much and love being here.
But lets put aside some egy girls and how they think about getting married to a rich man and leave there degree behind, dont you agree with what i have said earlier! do u agree foreigners to step by step interfere in all our policies and issues! and even gather together on an egyptian soil to discuss our policies and internal issues! i think egypt must put an end to this silly Intervention once and for all.

لاَ يُؤْمِنُ أَحَدَكُمْ حَتَّى يُحِبَّ لأَخِيْهِ مَا يُحِبُّ لِنَفْسِهِ
Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
CF, i only sent you one msg saying r u there while i was bored and we were talking on a thread and the thread is here as an evidence! i only sent you one msg say "r u there" then i sent you another one wondering if you are male of female 'cause all other members are talking to u as female while you told and lied (seems all foreign women tend to lie about something) that you are an italian guy living in maadi then u replied that every one iamgine you in a certain way i told you i imagine you as a white rabbit and that was it in only 30 minutes you sent me 2 msgs and i sent you 3 and i never sent you anything after that!
so please dont make it sound as if i am sending you every min and cant live without you in my miserable life lol
You get a life! I am already satisfied with the one i have, i thank god for everything and anything he gives me and i am happy with it, thanks alot for your concern!!

You forgot the one telling me randomly you were going to get sweets and candy.

I don't lie about who I am, everyone else does. [Big Grin]

I just join in the fun... You missed the 'I am a lesbian' fun a while back [Wink] I was a pink elephant once as well... I wonder how many people believed that!!!

But I don't mind people assuming about me, some have made me younger [Smile]

Considering you hate westerners you ain't picky who you PM [Wink]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ford Prefect (not perfect):
quote:
Mo Ning Min E

لاَ يُؤْمِنُ أَحَدَكُمْ حَتَّى يُحِبَّ لأَخِيْهِ مَا يُحِبُّ لِنَفْسِهِ
you dont say [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
I was a pink elephant once as well... I wonder how many people believed that!!!

[Frown] [Frown]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
I was a pink elephant once as well... I wonder how many people believed that!!!

[Frown] [Frown]
Sorry to disappoint you Ayisha... I am not a pink elephant. I got a tan last week and now I am a brown elephant [Smile]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
[B]لاَ يُؤْمِنُ أَحَدَكُمْ حَتَّى يُحِبَّ لأَخِيْهِ مَا يُحِبُّ لِنَفْسِهِ[/B ]

As according to MLN i am now an honorory Egyptian lady, [and can therefore say what i like] can I admit that I can't read this?

Where on earth did i say i was egyptian?

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
see how Iranians and Turkish are gaining great respect in the arab world cause they stood against the europeans and americans and Israelis!

Maybe I missed something (probably), but I don't see Turkey standing against Europe. In fact, since 1959 I see them continually jumping through hoops to try and become part of the EU.

I do see them standing up against Israel, but surely that's a very different thing? Unless us foreigners are all the same, of course.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mo Ning Min E:
[B]لاَ يُؤْمِنُ أَحَدَكُمْ حَتَّى يُحِبَّ لأَخِيْهِ مَا يُحِبُّ لِنَفْسِهِ[/B ]

As according to MLN i am now an honorory Egyptian lady, [and can therefore say what i like] can I admit that I can't read this?

Where on earth did i say i was egyptian?

Wasn't directed at you. It basically means Love thy neighbor as thy self. [Big Grin]
Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
And the most vague award goes too.......

I am SO glad no one has a clue [Smile]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
And the most vague award goes too.......

I am SO glad no one has a clue [Smile]

I have a clue!! candlestick, in the library, professor Plumb! [Big Grin]
Bollock
Member # 17944

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bollock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
LMFAO at Login.

You just lost the respect of 98% of this board and won that of Bollox, who no one respects. Alf Mabrouk and good luck in your mission to protect society from us Brits.

You sad sad sad little boy.

Now, stop sending me PM's and get a life [Big Grin]

We, don't need any respect from any one from this board hahahaha, and we don't want to be a winner for anything, why we should? We are not so hungry for that hahaha poor you. Yes, to protect our society is our rights to do, why you are so concern? Better you mind to your own business, look after your family and get a life! hahaha
Posts: 46 | From: on your plate | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think some people on ES have far too much time on their hands.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com