EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Take care when you go to Hurghada (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Take care when you go to Hurghada
Eva Kondeatova
Member # 18090

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eva Kondeatova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take care from someone name Khaled Abu El Seoud
he was working as a General Manager in Grand Azur hotel, now he is not any thing, he is born in 10 October 1957 in El Mahala El Kobra
His favorite place in promenade. He drives a dark blue Toyota car.
He is married to an Egyptian and has two girls teenager. Though he tells that he is divorced.
He is a liar and can play on emotions of young girls. Very greedy. Can beat a woman. He promises to marry every girl he dates. I myself came to him not once. He never paid for the ticket, but begged to leave everything and come to him. And I left everything and came to him. He asked for money for his business, promised to be with me, but: he never did. I paid for myself everywhere, he only paid for tea, coffee or juice and nothing more. A couple of times he pushed me rather violently. After it there were many false excuses and deceitful words: Words, words, words: nothing more but empty meaningless words.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh so sorry. Next.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a look on the Russian website for giglos. I am sure this guy is infamous in Hurghada. Certainly the Grand Azur hotel has a very bad reputation.
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiTTle_PHaROah
Member # 18093

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiTTle_PHaROah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry about that.....& i hope you dont believe that all Egyptian like this

--------------------
breathe_easy2070@yahoo.com
reeemo888@hotmail.com

Posts: 7 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LiTTle_PHaROah:

Spew.........
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila : ):
quote:

Spew.........
[Big Grin]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiTTle_PHaROah
Member # 18093

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiTTle_PHaROah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Spew.........
thanks for being soo nice
Posts: 7 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grand Azur???

I stayed there five years ago. The hotel is located near the port of Hurghada and got renamed into Montillon Grand Horizon Beach Resort , didn't it??

It would be interesting to know why this Khaled was once a General Manager of the Hotel and now he's unemployed. Are you sure that this wasn't just another of his many lies???

Saw your posting on kunstkamera, Eva, I am really sorry for what you went through.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eva Kondeatova
Member # 18090

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eva Kondeatova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not put any thing about him on kunstkamera, but this is another woman I think she was from England, he was with her also, but she Suffered more than me cose …I can’t say but sure you can read her story on the site, I feel pity for myself and for all girls for not being carful with men like Khaled.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Agnieszka Kozlowska
Member # 18096

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Agnieszka Kozlowska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure from all what you went through Eva, I am sure and I am sorry for that. I had friends working before in Azur Company and they also left the work because of him, he sure was the general manager of the Grand Azur, I heard a lot of stories about this hotel and the management before Montillon, because he is very famous in the Hurghada court a lot of complains against him. He caused that the whole Azur Company left the hotel management, he was steeling from the money of the hotel owner and he made a lot of fortune from behind the hotel owner. When the owner discovered that his hotel was stolen he fired all company, even he did not accept to change only the management now he did not trust all. But what this Khaled did I heard that he is very evil man, and he used to put for himself more benefits than the any manager in hotel. He was deceiving the owner because the owner was not Egyptian and he trusted that the Azur company will put honest manager.
The matter is not only he deceives women, he is evil by natural and in business he deceives also.
I feel pity for women who knew him and for people whom had to work with him.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eva Kondeatova:
I did not put any thing about him on kunstkamera, but this is another woman I think she was from England, he was with her also, but she Suffered more than me cose …I can’t say but sure you can read her story on the site, I feel pity for myself and for all girls for not being carful with men like Khaled.

Oh sorry, I thought since both replies were posted on the same day it's just one girl.

But is this possible?? I mean this guy has obviously numerous girls running after him and he's able to deceive all of them. [Confused]

And Agnieszka, Khaled Abou El Seoud's favorite place is not the promenade but this thief needs to be locked up for good!!!!

Come to think of it there was another girl posting here a while ago about a Khaled, an older guy, playboy in the Hurghada area..... might have been the same guy.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Spew.........
you are most welcome i have to say i felt quite bad as i wrote the quote tho not enough to remove it [Wink]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiTTle_PHaROah
Member # 18093

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Spew.........
you are most welcome i have to say i felt quite bad as i wrote the quote tho not enough to remove it [Wink]
i don't care whether you feel bad or not.....but your post only reflect who you are.....i was trying to be good.....and for me your post is racist
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is the racism?

I am sure Kalila just had a little vomit rise her throat because of what you said...

Please, enlighten us all.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
quote:
your post only reflect who you are.....i was trying to be good.....and for me your post is racist

Reflects who i am ? not on your life me old chum you don't know jack about me explain what you mean about racist cos you surely lost me and everyone else it seems
LiTTle_PHaROah
Member # 18093

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
your post only reflect who you are.....i was trying to be good.....and for me your post is racist

Reflects who i am ? not on your life me old chum you don't know jack about me explain what you mean about racist cos you surely lost me and everyone else it seems
i don't think that saying spew is a good thing while im talking nice and gentley

but i don't want to get into arguing about what you said and about what i said

so have a good day...hope the best for you

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the grace of god oh mighty and the pressures of the market place, the human race has civilized itself.
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dedo2010
Member # 18121

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dedo2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eva Kondeatova:
Take care from someone name Khaled Abu El Seoud
he was working as a General Manager in Grand Azur hotel, now he is not any thing, he is born in 10 October 1957 in El Mahala El Kobra
His favorite place in promenade. He drives a dark blue Toyota car.
He is married to an Egyptian and has two girls teenager. Though he tells that he is divorced.
He is a liar and can play on emotions of young girls. Very greedy. Can beat a woman. He promises to marry every girl he dates. I myself came to him not once. He never paid for the ticket, but begged to leave everything and come to him. And I left everything and came to him. He asked for money for his business, promised to be with me, but: he never did. I paid for myself everywhere, he only paid for tea, coffee or juice and nothing more. A couple of times he pushed me rather violently. After it there were many false excuses and deceitful words: Words, words, words: nothing more but empty meaningless words.

Oh my God, Khaled Abuo El Seoud .... again!!! this man has a lot of stories in Hurghada, he is on hurghada black list websites:
http://kunstkamera.net/topic54719.html
http://www.dezy-house.ru/forum_10/viewforum.php?f=34
http://www.dezy-house.ru/forum_10/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31592&sid=fdfb4feaa7bd2bf015c9b9c7e141d531

http://www.dezy-house.ru/forum_10/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10087

Thanks god that I didn't work with him, he is still in Azur but I think he is in a new hotel AMC hotel on the way to El Gouna the hotel which is owned to AMC Airlines....

Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The wording is the same so it stands a chance the OP is posting on several sites.

Not that it is a bad thing... if he is as low as we are led to believe then ladies should be warned to steer clear from him.

And tbh, he is really not eye candy!!! He must be good with words to keep pulling the girls with a face like that!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
But they are all sweet talkers.

My advice to any girl who's planning to come on vacation to Egypt:

Enjoy the weather, beaches and historical sites. And that's all.

Dexter
Member # 16952

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really sorry, but it has to be a self esteem problem for these women to get involved with slugs like those guys.

Just had a look at dezy-house and really ladies, these guys are the lowest of lower class and just down right ugly. They look like something you would pick up late at night, out of the gutter around Midan Taalat Harb. Not even consuming copious amounts of rotgut Egyptian red wine could make any of these tossers look attractive. As for the sweet talkers ....... I still can't believe anyone would fall for the 'I lurrrrve you, your name is like honey on my lips and I want to marry you' within the first 5 minutes of meeting.

Has to be a self esteem problem.

Posts: 62 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I agree Dexter. I don't for a minute think they are sweet talkers. I think they are slimey, smarmy vile saddos!!!

How anyone can find their generic bullcrap flattering is beyond me.

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
generic bullcrap

LOL

But have to agree it is beyond comprehension what women see in them.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dexter:
I'm really sorry, but it has to be a self esteem problem for these women to get involved with slugs like those guys.

Just had a look at dezy-house and really ladies, these guys are the lowest of lower class and just down right ugly. They look like something you would pick up late at night, out of the gutter around Midan Taalat Harb. Not even consuming copious amounts of rotgut Egyptian red wine could make any of these tossers look attractive. As for the sweet talkers ....... I still can't believe anyone would fall for the 'I lurrrrve you, your name is like honey on my lips and I want to marry you' within the first 5 minutes of meeting.

Has to be a self esteem problem.

My same thoughts when once had a peek at that website....ewwww...ughhhhhhhhhhh [Eek!]
*place puke emoticon here*
Seriously,i´d rather stay alone for life than date any of those guys there.....ewwwwwwwwww...eeewwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh dear...seems I am the token idiot on here that did fall for it! maybe its self esteme issues but its probably down to betrayal of trust with experianced liars.It obviously works as so many fall for it! They know when u dont understand the language you find u have to trust more than u would in your home county. The families being in on it is difficult to see though too. That sweet old muslim lady being so nice is not what we are programmed to see as a lier! I have learnt a lot about Egypt from this site and had no idea the stories and lies that obviously a lot of egyptian men are saying just after you see them praying at the mosque.
Posts: 314 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I think it is related to esteem... and I would only consider you an idiot if you fell for it more than once.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

If an Australian guy whispered all the crap in your ear would you have believed him?

I know if an English guy started talking about my soul and my eyes and the moon I would piss myself laughing [Big Grin]

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Glassflower:
oh dear...seems I am the token idiot on here that did fall for it! maybe its self esteme issues but its probably down to betrayal of trust with experianced liars.It obviously works as so many fall for it! They know when u dont understand the language you find u have to trust more than u would in your home county. The families being in on it is difficult to see though too. That sweet old muslim lady being so nice is not what we are programmed to see as a lier! I have learnt a lot about Egypt from this site and had no idea the stories and lies that obviously a lot of egyptian men are saying just after you see them praying at the mosque.

I know you cannot sit in judgement of people's religion and how they prcatice it, but I doubt I will ever be able to reconcile all the great things I studied about Islam when I first got involved with Egyptian culture with so much of the general day to day behaviour that you witness in Egypt.

The hypocracy of praying 5 times a day and then breaking every common rule of decency still sickens me. It's easy to make excuses...poverty, third world coutry, no opportunities, lack of education etc etc but No that's a cop out ......they're just excuses for a lack of morality and people who choose to ignore what's right and wrong.

You are not the only one GF who thought you could put some trust in what was happening to you because of his religion.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are all corrupt and capable of the worst imaginable. As Human beings are capable of justifying our actions and deluding ourselves that we are either not doing anything wrong or entitled to act in whichever way. All that depends on the circumstances and social environment around us.
Anyone who believe that he/she can never behave in that way is simply deluding themselves. We are all corruptable. No exception.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Of course that is all correct Two...

But again it is all a question of morality.

Maybe the bad element of people in Egypt who lack morals and use others for sex money or visas justify their actions by screwing over people they perceive lack morals.

kinda like monkey see monkey do.

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Of course it's all about morality but my point is we can justify our actions or believe it to be morally correct.

I don't know that those people actually think about their using a woman for visa or money and consider it's moral correctness. Non of us would commit the wrongs we do if we took the time to examine it specially before hand and even afterward. The few who do this self examination don't go on lying and deceiving, they would not be able to live with themselves.

Moral bankruptcy is a slow progressive disease that does not necessarily manifest itself along the way. Slowly one's moral values and belief system get degraded by outside pressures, and by the time you see them preying on women I highly doubt they think for a moment about it. If anything they most likely consider themselves clever.

As for justifying themselves by perceiving their victims as lacking in someway, well of course. But if they were not westerners they would've found another reason to screw them. Egyptians get ripped off by fellow Egyptians far more than westerners and there's always a justification for it. There's nothing like the mind.

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

You know sometimes it's difficult to tell if what we perceive as morally corrupt is really that or just different.

I met with a few lawyers to register a new corporation and one of them seemed competent and professional. I asked him how much his fee was and he said it depends on the "Capital" I will invest.
I asked what difference does that make and if more capital meant more paper work to register. He said no, it was exactly the same amount of work but it didn't make any sense to him to charge the same money he would someone modest to someone who's rich and will invest millions. The richer one can afford a larger fee. I told him that that made him an opportunist and is unfair practice. He was insulted and spent about 10 minutes explaining to me why it is fair and at the end asked me if I understood. I told him yes and decided that I would not deal him.

Thinking about it later, I do that in my business all the time and started noticing all around me the same. I pay more for business phone line than a residential one. The government allows the service providers to subsidize the residential rates with the business. If I call an electrician to my home he charges less than if I called him to my company. It is considered a standard business practice, whatever that means.
Car mechanics charge work hours based on an industry book that tells them how many hours to charge for the job regardless of how long it actually takes. Of course the job always takes much less than number of hours listed in the book.
All that is morally corrupt but we're just used to it and became industry standard. Next time a taxi charges you more than Egyptians just think that if they were powerful enough an organization that practice could become industry standard.

Muhamed and Stephanie
Member # 18126

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muhamed and Stephanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eva , u look a muture, u could be careful with a loser like him , when u r in Egypt,and u meet someone who is ready for any unmoral acts without a real marriage , make sure 100 % , he is using u , real good Muslim guys , wouldnt even kiss u, before u both r married , if he loves u .
u could come online here for example , and ask some Egyptian guy to meet him and make sure of his intetations for u , but u hurried starting that relationship,without being careful at all, so dont be mad for blaming u,on giving him a chance to use u.

by the way, that city Al Mehalla Al Kubra, is whr my other house is,its soo small city.

by the way a warnning to everybody, do not trust Egyptian guys working in tourism,specially those who party and drink, coz a man like this , want only to use u , for a visa or money, when an Egyptian man pick some girl to be his wife for real, and he plan never hurt her, he doesnt pick someone drinking ,or partyinh , coz Egyptians indeed r so jealous men.

keep that in mind

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5 | From: Egypt,Cairo | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Two:
You know sometimes it's difficult to tell if what we perceive as morally corrupt is really that or just different.

I met with a few lawyers to register a new corporation and one of them seemed competent and professional. I asked him how much his fee was and he said it depends on the "Capital" I will invest.
I asked what difference does that make and if more capital meant more paper work to register. He said no, it was exactly the same amount of work but it didn't make any sense to him to charge the same money he would someone modest to someone who's rich and will invest millions. The richer one can afford a larger fee. I told him that that made him an opportunist and is unfair practice. He was insulted and spent about 10 minutes explaining to me why it is fair and at the end asked me if I understood. I told him yes and decided that I would not deal him.

Thinking about it later, I do that in my business all the time and started noticing all around me the same. I pay more for business phone line than a residential one. The government allows the service providers to subsidize the residential rates with the business. If I call an electrician to my home he charges less than if I called him to my company. It is considered a standard business practice, whatever that means.
Car mechanics charge work hours based on an industry book that tells them how many hours to charge for the job regardless of how long it actually takes. Of course the job always takes much less than number of hours listed in the book.
All that is morally corrupt but we're just used to it and became industry standard. Next time a taxi charges you more than Egyptians just think that if they were powerful enough an organization that practice could become industry standard.

Agree with everything you wrote two. It's not just Egypt though you will find this kind of behaviour anywhere in the world when someone wants to sell you their service. I've spent the majority of my career in some kind of sales role and one of the first things you are taught when quoting prices is to pitch the highest figure you can, because if you quote your low price first and the customer says no then theres no room for manouver, I too have been guilty of charging prices dependant on what the customer appears to be worth, especially when i was working in the gulf cos those arabs have money to burn [Big Grin]
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
The sales analogy is a good one...sales people also seem to be your best friend until they have closed the deal.....but then we all know that is just business.....when the immorality extends beyond this to personal relationships then that is something different and also when you think you are dealing with a person who is devout you natutally will put some trust in that person being a god fearing individual.

I accept Two's point that given a certain set of social circumstances anyone can be corrupted but isn't the whole point of religion to keep us on the straight and narrow path.

Its this blurring of religion and corruption that confuses me.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I haven't worked for a money making machine since leaving the stock exchange in the mid 90's, I hated the ethics of screwing people over and bleeding them for all they had.

Since then I have only ever worked for the Voluntary Sector or in education...

But I can accept that given a certain social circumstance most people at some point will all try to to monopolise and manipulate for personal gain... especially when it involves money.

But in business people can shop around for bargains and decide for themselves who is the most deceitful! In love we tend to expect love, respect, honesty and trust from the person claiming we are their world.

Sadly most women coming here do not realise that are just part of a business!!!

Religion! Do they ruin these poor women then pray for forgiveness!!!! Assholes.

MTLEGY
Member # 7200

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MTLEGY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White Man vs. The Pharons ....
The winner........... drum rolls pls.......
Hopefully Justice & Reason...

Posts: 25 | From: Worldwide | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Agnieszka Kozlowska
Member # 18096

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Agnieszka Kozlowska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot understand why this khaled doing this, he made from himself scandal, and now he is on most black lists websites.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shalamar
Member # 16507

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shalamar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the Hurghada - - im not sure if my break will be there - or Aswan - if it is Hurghada -where is the best place to stay -i know very little about the place, im being rather lazy but reccommendations would help me .thanks

--------------------
tilly
"I can make you feel good" -shalamar
Women dont have hot flushes they just have power surges"

Posts: 131 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shalamar:
On the Hurghada - - im not sure if my break will be there - or Aswan - if it is Hurghada -where is the best place to stay -i know very little about the place, im being rather lazy but reccommendations would help me .thanks

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-341371-hurghada_marriott_beach_resort-i;_ylt=AsICWnOkVQGMRy5l7KysJqXiphQB
simply beautiful [Wink]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SherryBlueBerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Hurghada. I stayed at the La Pasha and was treated very fairly even when they found out that the "EGYPTIAN MAN" was not my husband lol. They tried for 2 days to make him leave and I went to the manager and raised all kinds of hell...offered him 100le...and he threw up his hands and said...ok ok the man stays...go away! We had a happy 5 days left and enjoyed every minute of it!
Posts: 263 | From: Georgia USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I stayed in a Hilton Villa in Hurghada... loved it. I would opt to stay in a Villa again if I ever decided to go back to Hurghada...

If you go to Aswan avoid the Isis... it is a crap hole with desperate pathetic staff knocking your door at all hours and ringing your room!!!

Life is a journey
Member # 17655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is a journey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"by the way a warnning to everybody, do not trust Egyptian guys working in tourism,specially those who party and drink" Just seen someone had wtitten this pmsl [Big Grin] I met my husband in Pasha in Sharm el sheikh !! so applying this i shouldnt trust him [Wink] two years later, married having a baby they aint all bad. Think i would be more embarrased saying i met my husband in the hotel i was staying at and he was a waiter or something. Most 20 year something meet there partners in clubs so cant see why it should be different for egyptians. Please dont give me its because they are muslim !! sorry but get offended when i see thing written like this xx

--------------------
CAIRO

Posts: 88 | From: Uk | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dunno why, but the title makes me chuckle. It reminds me of "If you go down to the woods today..."
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Layla1957
Member # 18330

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Layla1957     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if anyone was intelligent they would report this guy to the owner of the hotel and tourism police!!!!!! I would in a heartbeat!
Posts: 5 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dedo2010
Member # 18121

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dedo2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, the owner of the hotel and tourism police will never care about this guy or any other guy like him. they will consider his personal relations is something private and they will always see that the woman who goes through a relation with him is her own fault and he is not blamed. this is how the Egyptian society thinks about their men. the man in the Egyptian society is never blamed for any mistakes, only woman is wrong. that is why this guy and others are trusting themselves and never feel guilty.disgusting nasty is this guy and all like him.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a personal observation. I grew up in London, met all kinds of people. I even knew one guy who ran a coffee shop, who confided that he'd spent many years in jail for being a getaway driver on a bank robbery. A nice guy, actually [although pretty reformed of course].I encountered 'good citizens' who cheated on taxes, and middle class ladies who shoplifted. Also knew business sharks, shady lawyers, and out and out badasses.

But ..... until I came to Egypt, I never, ever, met or heard of any man who used 'love' and 'romance' to steal from women, [vulnerable, trusting women, often alone in a place where they do not understand the language or culture]nor would they constantly lower themselves to expect the woman to pay for everything.
I think most victims of this national sport would report that these crimes took place in return for being treated with generosity and kindness.
Despicable.
Is there ANY foreign resident here who has NOT been advised by their Egyptian friends 'trust nobody'?
Even the nicest, most honest people in this country seem to comfort themselves with the thought 'these women only have themselves to blame'.
Sadly Egypt needs to clean house in this matter.
I am not Egyptian, I just live here, and even I am shamed by it.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mo Ning Min E:
Just a personal observation. I grew up in London, met all kinds of people. I even knew one guy who ran a coffee shop, who confided that he'd spent many years in jail for being a getaway driver on a bank robbery. A nice guy, actually [although pretty reformed of course].I encountered 'good citizens' who cheated on taxes, and middle class ladies who shoplifted. Also knew business sharks, shady lawyers, and out and out badasses.

But ..... until I came to Egypt, I never, ever, met or heard of any man who used 'love' and 'romance' to steal from women, [vulnerable, trusting women, often alone in a place where they do not understand the language or culture]nor would they constantly lower themselves to expect the woman to pay for everything.

I've seen it kind of happen here. Not as blatant as "my uncle is sick - do you have £3000 handy?", but there are definitely deadbeats the world over who are more than happy to let the woman pick up both halves of the bill. I had a friend who bailed out her boyfriend tooooo many times, a little here, a little there, til eventually it did indeed run into the thousands. She had to try to hold out a job whilst still recouperating from ME and he spent her wages in the pub, and when he spent that loaned money off his fellow drinkers which she was silly enough to repay. Nah, that ain't how you treat someone you give a monkeys about. Thankfully she wised up, kicked his ass out, got a CCJ against him, but she'll never see that money again.

To lie about being divorced is disgusting. If he was violent then that's criminal, and she should have reported him. Maybe if his employers had gotten wind of this, this would have gotten him into trouble, if she'd done it there and then. Maybe. But reading it over again... complaining he didn't refund her air fare, only picked up the bills for teas etc... If he lived in the same country and she caught the train over to see him, would she promptly present him with the receipt for reimbursement on arrival? Wouldn't his picking up the tab all the time make her on some level beholdent to some guy she'd only spent a few days with in real life?

He asked for money and she said no, same as you would a guy in your own country under the same circumstances. That's the bit I don't get - that some women actually say yes and hand over wads of cash to a perfect stranger under the pretext of 'love'. You can be infatuated with someone you spent a week with, but love? No, that ain't it. And to go back to the him being married bit... well, she's found all this out now, by the look of it through doing a bit of delving online, so why didn't she do this before she gave it up to him? Shouldn't you keep your guard up and, especially as a woman, keep a man at arm's length until you're comfortable they can be trusted? Be careful of your heart and your purse strings in equal measure.

I'm sorry, I don't see her as the victim in all this. I see his wife as that because she's stuck with the weasel. She went back and he wouldn't spend any time with her? What you do is say "screw you", have a fabulous time on your own funds and fly away home again on your own ticket.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of these women have never seen that kind of level of poverty and the inability to "better" yourself no matter how hard you work.

No, they wouldn't give a 100$ to someone in their own country.

But it's different when you see how hard someone in egypt has to work for the same $100, how much more it buys there, and how much more it helps out.

I think this is the slippery slope where most women lose their footing and this is why they will give their hard-earned money to someone in Egypt but they won't hand over the same money to a guy begging in the streets of their hometown.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
A lot of these women have never seen that kind of level of poverty and the inability to "better" yourself no matter how hard you work.

I don't buy that. I can give you an example of a guy who was 18 when his father died, and the family was left with a roof over their heads but next to nothing in the bank. He had three elder sister's at home and two little brothers, so went from student to main breadwinner with 6 dependents overnight. In the following decade he's paid off three sister's weddings, renovated the house, made sure his brothers continued studying and mother was taken care of, whilst at the same time retraining to secure a better future for himself. He started at the very bottom doing the very worst jobs and spent years in debt and working for a pitance to do this, but is now where he wants to be.

There are opportunities - and the majority of guys who are talked about here are those who've already made it to the tourist resorts and secured jobs. Provided the tourists keep coming and they behave, they have work. Whatever job that is, there is the opportunity to work their way up. It's just a question of whether they have the foresight to see and grasp that opportunity - whether they have the motivation - or whether they just fancy trading in their scruples for a nice easy meal ticket.

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:

No, they wouldn't give a 100$ to someone in their own country.

But it's different when you see how hard someone in egypt has to work for the same $100, how much more it buys there, and how much more it helps out.

I think this is the slippery slope where most women lose their footing and this is why they will give their hard-earned money to someone in Egypt but they won't hand over the same money to a guy begging in the streets of their hometown.

I haven't read the complete thread and I can only relate as a tourist. I just got back from East-Africa and what was different than visiting Egypt or Jordan, people asked for money, just like that... No stories of sick grandmothers or money needed for education. Just walking towards tourists and asking for money.
I really found it weird...

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com