EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Marriage & Religion (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Marriage & Religion
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sponge:
quote:
Originally posted by marydot:
30 txt messages from my partner today since 8am this morning until now lol and he's only in the next town!!!
[Big Grin]

Wish the txts between UK and Egypt were as cheap as town to town!! [Frown]

And you know the minute you threw the phone down the loo you'd be fishing it out to check for another msg [Wink]

Its only 11p in uk mobile to mobile. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you get a Lebara sim, texts are 10p each UK to Egypt and calls 10p per minute. It is a bit of a faff though because you either have to get a dual sim phone (mine died [Frown] ) or keep swapping sims, but might worth looking at.
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sponge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I get txts to Egypt for 12p but I can voice call from home for 5p per minute so that's better [Smile]

Although my last months phone bill was £160!!

Posts: 171 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
omg sponge get skype, but i think you said he does not have access to internet.
Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sponge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only on his phone so I don't think he can use it??
Posts: 171 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Skype the UK from my itouch using wifi and can msn and yahoo from both my itouch and Blackberry.

Itouch is purchase only and I pay 5le a day to use my Blackberry which includes worldwide BBM.

Both also have FB and itouch has FB chat.

[Big Grin] I rarely have to SMS loved ones and vice versa.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
quote:
Only on his phone so I don't think he can use it??

Oh i can now understand your frustrations then [Frown]

Having no internet connection is like having toast without no butter [Frown]

Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
When he can get credit he gets online chat on his phone like MSN, but the internet signal is so bad that msgs get lost so we both start thinking we're ignoring each other!! And to have a conversation is tooo slow.

Just had a lovely two and half hours on phone though. Worth every penny of the £8 [Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you send texts from Skype to Egypt (assuming you have skype credit), they cost about 6p English I think (might be even less, but my Skype comes up in Euros and I can't be bothered to sign on to it to check right now whatever, it;s definitely cheaper than sending to a UK phone.)

Only problem is, your person in Egypt can't use 'reply' but has to consciously select your phone number.

If you're on O2 you can get a bolton enabling you to make international texts for 10p. Cost me £4.99 as a one off charge about 4 years ago!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also with LEBARA MOBILE if yr partner has an Egyptian landline (homephone) it only costs 1p a minute !!! thats better than calling in uk form a mobile to landline in most cases [Wink] x I've got LEBARA its definately well worth the sim swapping....except for when u forget where u left the other one [Wink] as i do most times LOL
Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
No landline at home. The best way for me is to call from home phone to mobile with the internet based companies. Think I can get it for 5p a min.

Ahhh the cost of love eh. [Big Grin]

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
wow but it still mounts up sponge.

Get a mobile phone card international phone card can use it on the home phone or mobile.

Long distance calls i would not make unless really important.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Yeah its a thought. Bit of a faff to change sims and I'll probably have to pay to get phone unlocked but worth it in the long run...
Jeky
Member # 19269

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'd like to ask a few questions of the people who are in the UK married to Egyptian men. Here goes:

What is your religion and what is his? If he is muslim, is he strict muslim? and are you strongly religous?

Did you convert to Islam to marry? (not that this is something I'd do, but I'd like to hear others opinions on it)

The reason I ask is that my partner is from a strict muslim family who live in a very small village. No one tends to move in or out and I have been the first English person ever to visit their village or that they have ever met.

His family at this point don't know that we intend to marry as he is worried that when he tells them, they will say no because I am not muslim. I fully respect their religion and believe in a lot of the things that I already know but I'm not a particularly religious person.

I have visited his family and stayed at his house with his family twice (just as friends)and they know that I have married before. I talk to them when I ring him and he is with them (well, as much as we can with the language barrier!)and we all miss each other very much, but I worry when they find out we intend to marry they will try and end the relationship.

He has said that to him it doesn't matter of my religion and if I don't want to convert then this is ok. But he worries too much about his family.

Also, I would like to learn more about Islam and have my own opinion on it. If I were ever to convert, it would be for me and not just to keep a relationship. But a lot of the places I search just seem to be the bad things or so complicated I can't start to understand it all. Can you recommend any websites where I can a true picture of Islam.

So many questions in one post! [Eek!]

Posts: 26 | From: Croatia | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeky
Member # 19269

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, im new here, just registered today, and still not have time to read all posts, but i find this very interesting for several reasons... first, I have an Egyptian friend, he is Orthodox, im Chatolic. that realy not important now, but we talk alot about religion, and about Islam because he live in Cairo and he know very good muslim people and religion. and one thing we agree about is how can you "convert"??? If you realy trust in something then there is no change to that, no matter what or no matter who ask that from you. very good that you see that as your choice and if you ever accept Islam you will do it for you and not because somebody want you to do that. You have my respect to that. Im not very religios person to, but i could never change for anything because i realy trust in my religion, not only because i'm raised that way, but because i realy do believe. and can i ask how he see your religion? he ever think to convert to your religion? try to understand your religion? thanks
PS. I apologize for my English, because I'm Croatian :-)

Posts: 26 | From: Croatia | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by murray-mint77:
^^Yes that is the official wording as such..^^
(people of the book) but I feel to b honest it is far more accepted to marry one with no religion (to as far as atheist) than an idolator, (which does include the catholic religion) [Frown] which is as far as im aware a religion of the book...thats why i don't like to state that term ''people of the book''
But that is just my personal opinion/view on things x

sorry i have not been here for what seems like years to post although i do come when bored and read, i dont normally say anything, and i know this post is old but i have to stick my oar in and say please dont give advice on islam by using your own personal opinion.. are you a muslim?? im guessing not as no muslim would say what you said. it is fact no muslim man can marry a non believer..

MARRIAGE WITH KUFFARS:

Marriages between Muslims and atheists are not permissible at
all. In such cases, the man or woman should accept Islam before
entering into a shar'ai legal "nikaah."

And do not marry Al-Mushrikats {idolatress, etc.} till they
believe (worship Allah alone). And indeed a slave woman is
better than a (free) Mushrikah {idolatress,

Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste
women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of
the Book revealed before your time.

Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com