EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Locate a friend or business in Egypt » work in hurghada (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: work in hurghada
Labibah
Member # 9742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Labibah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!
I am ooking for work in Hurghada next summer. I am educated designer, but now I have my own buisness with aromatherapy. I would maybe like to work with massage ay SPA or something.

Posts: 84 | From: Norway, Trondheim | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ann-Lill.... the only thing I can think of is find online a list of hotels in Hurghada, as most of them have a massage place or health spa!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kh000d
Member # 9761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kh000d     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Ann-Lill, i can help u to find a hotel in hurghada please contact me by email
Posts: 8 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi ann lill,

try the talasso center in soma bay - the phone number of the hotel (les residence de la cascades) is 002 065 3 354 23 33

there is also a new spa in the medhinat - makadi bay, but i don't know the number

another option might be the german beauty center in the grand hotel, the number is 0020 12 2558095 (thats a cell phone number) and ask for heidi, she's the owner

samia is right, try to contact the "bigger" hotels - most of them are having a health club section and are offering massage etc.

good luck [Big Grin]

Posts: 127 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry the number of the talasso was wrong - it's 0020 65 354 23 33

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 127 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dont blv anyone offering a job sorry but egyptians cant find work in their own country so it wont be that easy to get a job online, come to Egypt first and stay for like 2 weeks see how things are going and look up for your self dont count on anyone ; good luck and happy new year

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kellyc1
Member # 9992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kellyc1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys, just to add on to this but ive just got back from Hurghada and stayed in the Hilton Long Beach had the best time and now cant wait to go back, can anyone advise if beauty jobs in Hurghada are popular and come up often, i want to come back in March to try and get another idea of Egypt but in the meantime any chats with anyone in Hurghada would be great x
Posts: 9 | From: Tunisia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try registering on: hotelcareers.com

Once registered you can trawl through the different hotels in Egypt. It also shows which jobs are available and where.

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kellyc1
Member # 9992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kellyc1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok ill give that a go thanks x
Posts: 9 | From: Tunisia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GrumpyGherkin
Member # 4970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GrumpyGherkin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are loads of jobs for foreigners in Hurghada, especially at the hotels. If you do anything related to the beauty industry, you will find it very easy to find work. If you are a hairdresser and can speak English, you will have a lot of customers.

Just contact the hotels direct. The jobs are everywhere, but the salaries are a joke.

--------------------
Get your gums around a gherkin today. The wisdom of the Great Gherkin is all seeing and all knowing.

Posts: 84 | From: Gherkin Land | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am an egyptian engineer and i wish i can switch to tourism [Smile]

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyGherkin:
If you are a hairdresser and can speak English, you will have a lot of customers.

Not true!!! I have an English friend who is a hairdresser here.... a very good one... and she doesn't get much work at all!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GrumpyGherkin
Member # 4970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GrumpyGherkin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on your definition of a very good one Samia ! Hurghada has a definite lack of English speaking beauty services and the hairdressers are a nightmare. I used a great German girl who couldn't understand me but somehow she always did a great job. As with all the great hairdressers I find, she went off and got herself pregnant.

Where is your friend working ?

--------------------
Get your gums around a gherkin today. The wisdom of the Great Gherkin is all seeing and all knowing.

Posts: 84 | From: Gherkin Land | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MASRY
Member # 9972

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MASRY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
quote:
If you are a hairdresser and can speak English, you will have a lot of customers.

Not true!!! I have an English friend who is a hairdresser here.... a very good one... and she doesn't get much work at all!!!
Not true cause the languages needed there are mainly Italian, Russian,german which represent the major customers there , so English is an extra language which can't help you communicting with people there.
Posts: 97 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Depends on your definition of a very good one Samia ! Hurghada has a definite lack of English speaking beauty services and the hairdressers are a nightmare. I used a great German girl who couldn't understand me but somehow she always did a great job. As with all the great hairdressers I find, she went off and got herself pregnant.

Where is your friend working ?

How do you get yourself pregnant??
I went to a German woman once in the Siva grand...probably the same one... she didn't speak a word of English either!!!
My friend is Rivergod...some of you might remember she relocated here last summer with her family.... she works mobile at your home at the moment... I've had 3 cuts from her so far.... and have been happy every time! I've had a lot of dodgy cuts previously here!!! Egyptian hairdressers can't deal with very fine floppy short hair!!
If you need her number, send me a PM and I'll give it to you!

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MASRY:
quote:
quote:

Not true cause the languages needed there are mainly Italian, Russian,german which represent the major customers there , so English is an extra language which can't help you communicting with people there.
Masry... not true!!! Most foreigners communicate in English, apart from the Russians.... and who wants to speak to them anyway, except the Hurghada men??
GrumpyGherkin
Member # 4970

Rate Member
Yes Samia, I used to use Suzi at Grand Hotel/Siva Grand.

Thanks for the offer of the phone number but I thankfully left Hurghada quite a while ago. Personally for me, I think Hurghada is about the worst little hole of a place I have ever lived in.

--------------------

alima
Member # 10087

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i look also for a job in hurghada as nursery ore anything like that can somebody help me with adress
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jane22
Member # 10113

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jane22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kellyc1:
Hi guys, just to add on to this but ive just got back from Hurghada and stayed in the Hilton Long Beach had the best time and now cant wait to go back, can anyone advise if beauty jobs in Hurghada are popular and come up often, i want to come back in March to try and get another idea of Egypt but in the meantime any chats with anyone in Hurghada would be great x

hi kellyc1 , stayed at the hilton myself ,twice now, fell in love with the place the first time ,i work in the beauty industry myself.
,nails etc,got hooked on the guys in the gym salon, and animation ,wanted to work there,mistake. charm the nickers off you ,an nearly did,.its a closed shop,holidaying an working are miles apart,hours are never ending ,money ,well its peanuts,accomadation -1 unless you like sharing an cant understand each other,english girls non-existant an really not wanted apart from one thing !rules an regulations by the boat load

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mops
Member # 10270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and who wants to speak to them anyway, except the Hurghada men?? [/QB]

Oh, my dear! Don`t be so rude
U know what....
if "Hurghada men" speaks to russian girl, he wants to f*ck her
but if "Hurghada men" speaks with europian girl, he wants to f*ck her for money
feel the differance???

Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Same difference... just that Russian girls usually come with no money!!! [Roll Eyes]
Member # 7880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 54321     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No difference whether with those who come with money or those who come without. The big effort is mainly taken on the other side..Pity u Egyptian men [Big Grin]
Posts: 206 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Girra
Member # 11998

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Girra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!
i am going to travel to Hurghada soon and i would like to find work there. may be somebody can advice me something about it? i know english, russian, little german. i have work experience as tranlator and enterpreter. I know computer good. Please if somebody has any information help me.
thank you in advance

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yusuf
Member # 9699

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yusuf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[

[/qb]

Not true cause the languages needed there are mainly Italian, Russian,german which represent the major customers there , so English is an extra language which can't help you [/QB][/QUOTE]

is that realy truee samia?

Posts: 24 | From: egypt, cairo | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nosa
Member # 6835

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Job opportunity to join 5* Resort in Hurghada.
5* Resort is looking to hire a people who possess a high level of initiative, responsibility and team spirit, and are willing to embrace change.
If you can meet these requirements, please send your CV with full details to the following emails:
redsea.admin@gmail.com or nosa.mercury@gmail.com
or call mobile no. : +2 010 49 15 795
Receptionist
We are seeking experienced female Front Desk staff to join our team. With a minimum of two years experience in the same position, you should have excellent guest contact skills and be committed to delivering real "Yes I Can" service. Responsible for check in/out, room blocking and cash handling, good command of English - both written and spoken. German language skills highly desirable.

Guest Relations Officer
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced female Guest Relations Officer to join our busy Front Office team. Customer focused with a passion for service, you should have a minimum of two years Front Desk experience, English language skills with a knowledge of German highly desirable.
Nationality: Egyptians and Foreigners are welcome.
We offer a competitive salary, meals on duty, ongoing training and excellent opportunities for advancement with the hotel.

Posts: 26 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think Hurghada is about the worst little hole of a place I have ever lived in.

[Big Grin]

Ditto!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spa Job
Member # 12362

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spa Job     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Job opportunity to join 5* internatianol Spa in Hurghada.
5* Spa is looking to hire a people who possess a high level of initiative, responsibility and team spirit, and are willing to embrace change.
If you can meet these requirements, please send your CV with full details to the following emails:
sherief_m@hotmail.com
or call mobile no. : +2 0121789494

1 Female Spa Receptionist (Russan mother tung)
3 Female massage therapist (Egyption)
1 Sales man

We are seeking experienced for female massage therapists staff to join our team. With a minimum of 3 years experience in the same position, good command of English

We offer a competitive salary, meals on duty, ongoing training .

Posts: 5 | From: Hurgada | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss jolie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hi Ann-Lill.... the only thing I can think of is find online a list of hotels in Hurghada, as most of them have a massage place or health spa!

Posts: 122 | From: hurgada | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss jolie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello samia im in egypy hurgada im french born british citizen i woul love to have an occupation if partime you seem to know a lot about work inegypt maybe you can help me im welling to do volontory job
gamila

Posts: 122 | From: hurgada | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tango
Member # 10829

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tango     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jolie, I just wonder how you got all this qualifications in speaking languages and its hard 4 you to find a job??? do they need any other qualifications other than languages??? best wishes..
Posts: 108 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MASRY:
quote:
quote:

Masry... not true!!! Most foreigners communicate in English, apart from the Russians.... and who wants to speak to them anyway, except the Hurghada men??
Totally,Samia. [Wink]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
thanks all i find a job today as a english teacher america school in hurgada
and for tango i do speak french as my mother tongue english growing in uk italian use to have a boy friend italian spanish my mum from there and of course arabic not read or wrint only phonetique,
i dont need job for job but job where i have fun in this time in my life is kids in my life i never stay one week without jod maybe sonde arrogante to you but working in hotel with drunk russian guesst and animal male staff egyptian i try really i leave that for brave girls
ur sentence hurt my feeling
anyway samia puting oil on stange body im not needy yet inchalah never god give me more please i know they making a lot of money in massage [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Wink]

Tango
Member # 10829

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tango     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
jolie, sorry I didnt mean anything bad, I just wanted to know whats the situation in finding a job in Hurghada, I might move to hurghada soon, thats why I asked you.Congratulations in finding what you were looking for. Best wishes and good Luck.
Posts: 108 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
merci tango im bit like a kids with all feelings stuff
here in hurgada diving is good money its physicly very hard
now its very cold for that
massage if you fancy that
tour guide safaris ect..i find it hard to get my salary with egyptien boss
how many time i work one month or more and dont see any money coming when we have a verbale contract only only the tips__ (maybe he think its enought)
so i say to myself better to do volontory work at least im not expecting money
here most all russian if you willing to learn the language

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jolie:
thanks all i find a job today as a english teacher america school in hurgada

I'm sorry, but did you say that you are going to teach English [Eek!] [Eek!] [Confused]
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
why bcz im not british is not really teaching by the end of the year about 10 kids(maybe more) under age of 5 no more older need to know the abcd writing they names
comting
having a lot of fun
to learn monday to sunday
baby stuff
they have teacher arabic
coumputer teacher
arts same
pe same
i got a lot of exeprience with kids worked before kg and fondation at british school
also as kids animator in hotel
my mini disco man with a lot of nationality FAMOUS!!!!!!!
on my lap top its new and made in germainy i dont know how to use the key board yet
my speling is in germain anyway im not good at it that piss me off cant spelle properly im from the old shchool i need to find a proper key board
taping [Eek!] [Eek!] [Razz]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are going to teach English ?
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which shchool did you say it was? [Wink]
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
sunrise language school american division
pre_ kindergarten and kindergarten
yes inchalah

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
sunrise language school american division
pre_ kindergarten and kindergarten
yes inchalah

Thanks [Smile]
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
if you are a girl or boy foreigner willing to joint an animation team in hurgada call miky 0100756084(hotel work)work tere eat sleep in a hotel not easy
kalaboush

miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
you welcome [Cool]
newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
you welcome [Cool]

And will they be paying you a good "expat salary" for this work?
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
tomorow my first day i meet already the kids should be a lot of fun
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
better than british school actualy double less than hotel
its not all about money for me its where im happy
to live correctly with that salary its possible

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
better than british school actualy double less than hotel
its not all about money for me its where im happy
to live correctly with that salary its possible

I wasn't so much interested in knowing if you were satisfied with the salary, but more in understanding if the school was going to pay you an expat salary just because you are a foreigner, even though you are a non-native speaker of English and your English skills are not as good as most of the Egyptians who come onto ES.
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
i have doctorat and bachalor in english my english its enought for kg
and its correct

miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
i cant use my key board
sorry for the spelling

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
i have doctorat and bachalor in english my english its enought for kg
and its correct

I beg to differ with your assessment of your skills - and that is not related to your spelling, but also your basic grammar and sentence construction skills too - but I guess that is between you and your employers.

The standards of education that are offered here in Egypt really sadden me - particularly the private education that parents have to pay so much for, expecting to get a better quality education - and it makes me fear for the future of this country. Education is often more about appearances and very little about substance and quality.

miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
thats ur opinion
most of the are expat 2

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com