EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Locate a friend or business in Egypt » Visa Experience

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Visa Experience
tareksqueen
Member # 14983

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for tareksqueen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure you all heard this before. My Egyptian fiance and I are still waiting for the visa. He had his interview in August of07 and since then, no word from the embassy, every call or e-mail gets the same response "the case is under administrative review" I just dont understand why they can not tell us if there are any issues so we can provide them with what they may want or need. Has any of you experienced this before and what was the outcome? Appriciate any and all comments
Posts: 1 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My husband's interview was August 2007, he just got the visa this month, March. Every call/email was the same thing, A/P. Not much more than that. It is different for every case. They don't tell you why some get visas in 2 days, 2 years, or not at all. Just be patient, continue to check with them, and if you feel the need, notify your congress person, or senator.

Good luck [Smile]

--K

Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tareksqueen:
I am sure you all heard this before. My Egyptian fiance and I are still waiting for the visa. He had his interview in August of07 and since then, no word from the embassy, every call or e-mail gets the same response "the case is under administrative review" I just dont understand why they can not tell us if there are any issues so we can provide them with what they may want or need. Has any of you experienced this before and what was the outcome? Appriciate any and all comments

when my husband and i were engaged we took out the k1 visa. they didn't touch it for a year , they keep his passport for almost a year also , so i withdrew it and got married . we had to start all over again.another year and he is finally coming
i dont think half the time they know what they are doing and sometimes the paperwork gets lost [Frown]

try to get your senator involved , he can talk to the embassy for you, i know mine did . he was a god sent [Smile]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the k1 Micky?

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
fiancee visa
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh really, I thought that one was easier to get?

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
not anymore, they are getting very strict about things. [Frown] [Frown]
of_gold
Member # 13418

Who is getting strict? America, Europe, Egypt, or all of them?

--------------------

Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
Who is getting strict? America, Europe, Egypt, or all of them?

USA is getting very strict. Rules about marrying in Egypt are changing. I even heard that they are going to dissolve the K-1, and K-3, all K series. Everyone will have to immigrate the long way, with the CR-1 or IR.
Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JOVA
Member # 14476

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it need password when use it in CHina.

welcome to Yiwu,Yiwu market,Yiwu fair

--------------------
Welcome to Yiwu,Yiwu Market

Posts: 23 | From: China | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com