EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » Look for a flat in Cairo for 1 week

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Look for a flat in Cairo for 1 week
French Woman
Member # 14128

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for French Woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all,

I plan to come to Cairo on december for 1 week, from 1st to 9th. I am looking for a flat to rent during this period in some areas like Mohandesin, Doki..Heliopolis..etc and other nice areas near from everything (shops, restaurants, transports....)
Thanks a lot for your attention.
I hope to receive proposals soon...

Posts: 19 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Feel love   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope i can help,i like french people(male/female).its hard to hire a place for one week,so you should search for a friend and stay with him/her or be in a hotel its better i think.
good luck,

--------------------
Kata

Posts: 211 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
French Woman
Member # 14128

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for French Woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Well I dont know very well people there so I prefer staying alone...But you are true I should also look for hotel in Cairo. Do you have some addresses of nice hotels?
Many thanks :-)

--------------------
Safia

Posts: 19 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pure spring
Member # 13333

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pure spring     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very close to Tahrir square, downtown, there are several hotels and pensions, with good fares. Good luck. http://www.hostelmania.com/HostelCityList/USD/En/eg/Cairo/hostels-Cairo.aspx?source=goog&keyword=cairo+egypt+hostels
Posts: 130 | From: foggy bottom | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
French Woman
Member # 14128

Rate Member
Thanks a lot! There are many hotels, they seem to be good and at a very fair price.

--------------------
Safia

mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look for Horreya Hotel (heliopolis) , president hotel (downtown )Cosmopolitan (downtown)
Cause you are french you may interest in Talisman (26 Of July )its original owner was a french woman but not she sell it to egyptian
Longchamps (Zamalek )
Pyramisa (5 Stars but cheep)Dokki ,

Posts: 248 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
French Woman
Member # 14128

Rate Member
I will aslo check these hotels, thanks!!!!!!

--------------------
Safia

haunting shadow
Member # 14235

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for haunting shadow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pansion Zamalek,
12 Sharia Salah El din, Zamalek
150 pounds/night

Posts: 38 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
French Woman
Member # 14128

Rate Member
Choukran!!! Everybody is nice there :-)

--------------------
Safia

mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Welcome
Posts: 248 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah till u post apic

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
What you mean Shame
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if she is hot all guys gona pm her if she is not hot or so all guys also gona pm her
u know free ride and stuff
amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
French Woman
Member # 14128

Rate Member
Ok well, I am not hot and I don't look for any men here...just for a flat!

--------------------
Safia

Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
i know u dont iam making apoint for another thing
ah well never mind

--------------------
-- Zenna Schaffer
-- Josh Billings

King-Tut
Member # 14148

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King-Tut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello, i think you are better to stay in rehab city, there are special buses every hours to el tahrir and down town.

u can find in rehab city any kind of flat with reasoable price. from 2 bedrooms, studio and family one.

Hope you, a lucky day.

Cheer.

--------------------
Thanks God

Posts: 42 | From: Western Sahara | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karen36
Member # 1076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karen36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are a tourist, wanting to see Cairo, and there for only one week, do NOT stay in Rehab city. Bad advice.
Posts: 219 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with Karen

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
French Woman
Member # 14128

Rate Member
In fact I will have interviews for an opportunity of work, but during my free time I would like to spend nice time and visit. What area do you advice me?

--------------------
Safia

Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark 2006
where you at the Cairo airport early hours of tuesday morning terminal 2 arrivals around 01.00?

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pure spring
Member # 13333

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pure spring     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by French Woman:
In fact I will have interviews for an opportunity of work, but during my free time I would like to spend nice time and visit. What area do you advice me?

Egyptian museum, a few steps from Tahrir, deserves more than one day, the pyramids 20 km from Tahrir as well. One day for Fatimid Cairo, where you can see marvelous Islamic monuments, another day for Old Cairo, by Metro to Mar Gergis, where you can visit churches, synagogue, the Coptic museum, the ceramic center and traditional crafts center at Fustat Do you have more time?.
Posts: 130 | From: foggy bottom | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for mark2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELLLLLLLO TOOT [Smile]

How are you ?? I just PM 'd You [Smile]

French Woman
Member # 14128

Rate Member
Thanks Pure Spring,

Well it is a very good program, I wrote all these places.I think it is enough for 1 week :-) I already went to Cairo but I didn't visit as much so I will benefit from my free time to do all these things.

--------------------
Safia

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karen36:
If you are a tourist, wanting to see Cairo, and there for only one week, do NOT stay in Rehab city. Bad advice.

What's wrong with Al Rehab?
Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apartment in Cairo, directly behind Heliopolis Sheraton.
140m², 3 bedrooms, 2 balconies, 2 bathrooms,
kitchen with all equipment, big dining and living room
with satellite TV, DVD, AC, washing mashine.
3rd floor in a 5-floor house. Very safe area.
Supermarket nearby, good connections with taxi and bus.
10 min/Airport, 20 min/Nile (Downtown), 30+ min/Pyramids.

im german and renting my apartment if u need more information feel free to email me:

kerry1711@aol.com

so i can send u some pics of my apartment.
about the price i take 15 euro per day for one person. but of course i can make u an good offer if ur interested,
many greetings kerry

--------------------
~InsHallAh~

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
French Woman
Member # 14128

Rate Member
Hello Kerry, I have just sent you a PM.

--------------------
Safia

karen36
Member # 1076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karen36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is nothing wrong with Al Rehab if you are living in Cairo and have a car. But to suggest it to a woman, alone, no car, tourist, one week, wanting to see Cairo? No, not good advice.
Posts: 219 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
French Woman
Member # 14128

Rate Member
So Karen, wich area should be nice ?

--------------------
Safia

Rommel
Member # 12971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rommel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think best area for you should be downtown ,or dokki as they r near to many places so i would be easier for you to move to museum or somewhere beside the nile or even mall or cinema

--------------------
croconile

Posts: 16 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Big Mango
Member # 14254

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Big Mango     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think any were you ganna stay in,you will use a taxi so its not important if you will paid 5 or 6 le or whatever you will stay just for a week.just find a place any where.
Feellove

Posts: 6 | From: Egypt | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karen36
Member # 1076

Rate Member
All the places in your original post would be good. Zamalek also. Did you try the Longchamps Hotel in Zamalek? It is a nice place, with a good location.
French Woman
Member # 14128

Rate Member
Well I dont know the Longchamps hotel, I am going to take a look on it. Now I have all information to make my own choice :-)
Thanks all for your advices...

--------------------
Safia

Bahlol elmasry
Member # 14256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bahlol elmasry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for One Week! [Frown]
Posts: 19 | From: CA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
French Woman
Member # 14128

Rate Member
Yes only and unfortunately...

--------------------
Safia

Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
enjoy ur time here in egypt and hope you have fantastic trip
remember in case of emergency while u in Cairo
just post at es lol
amr

--------------------
-- Zenna Schaffer
-- Josh Billings

French Woman
Member # 14128

Rate Member
Choukran for your help...
all of you are very nice, it is a very special forum :-)

--------------------
Safia

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Mango:
I think any were you ganna stay in,you will use a taxi so its not important if you will paid 5 or 6 le or whatever you will stay just for a week.

It makes a huge difference. If she is a foreigner and doesn't speak Arabic she will constantly have problems with taxi drivers trying to rip her off; and we're not talking a couple of pounds here, many will try to take 50 LE and more from her. Plus, if she wants to do sightseeing (which she obviously does), staying so far out, particularly in Ramadan, can be a hassle, she might not get taxis to the sights or back at certain times.

The last issue of the Community Times had a special feature on budget hotels in Cairo, btw. What they wrote about the Longchamp sounded very nice, also I've only heard good things about it. I'd definitely try it if I was a tourist coming for a week.

Good luck, French Lady! [Cool]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astomant
Member # 13993

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astomant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If U lie i have a furnished appartment for rent in mohandesin, 2 bed rooms, with a/c , the rate is 350 Egyptian Pounds per day, if u like to book please send me the exact date

my e-mail is sokololo@hotmail.com

Posts: 4 | From: cairo | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com