EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Sharm Bride 10% price increase on 25 June 2007

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sharm Bride 10% price increase on 25 June 2007
Sharm El Sheikh Real Estate
Member # 12478

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharm El Sheikh Real Estate         Edit/Delete Post 
Sharm Bride will increase the price on 25th June 2007 by 10% and to be paid over 24 instead of 36 months and discount on 100% cash payment will be 10% instead of 15%
Posts: 19 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sharm El Sheikh Real Estate:
Sharm Bride will increase the price on 25th June 2007 by 10% and to be paid over 24 instead of 36 months and discount on 100% cash payment will be 10% instead of 15%

Why?? has the cost of labor done up? has the cost of materials gone up? What is the reason for this price increase?
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is this????An agency with a catalog of foreign brides available in Sharm El Sheik for desperate Egy men???? [Confused]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Des
Member # 9479

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Des     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah Pen!! just locals taking the p*** out of guilable Brits AGAIN!! [Mad]
Posts: 97 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharm El Sheikh Real Estate
Member # 12478

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharm El Sheikh Real Estate         Edit/Delete Post 
1-The cement and steel prices went up in the past few months
2- Giant developers from the Gulf like Damac and Eaamar did buy in the suburb of Cairo a desert land to develop and they paid 350 GBP/m2 for the land which reflected on the whole market prices.
regards

Posts: 19 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tigersteve
Member # 11822

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tigersteve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks tarek.....thats another 3k in the pot...keep it going.... ITS THE NEW SPAIN LOL.....ps can we have another increase in september/december/february....cheers
Posts: 31 | From: hull | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strange then how prices have not gone up in mainland Egypt, or are you saying now that there is a shortage a available desert for building....anyone flow over Egypt recently [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tigersteve:
thanks tarek.....thats another 3k in the pot...keep it going.... ITS THE NEW SPAIN LOL.....ps can we have another increase in september/december/february....cheers

Sorry Steve but that is what we accountants call an Unrealised profit..........so don't start counting it until its in your hands...... and that will be a long wait if ever. You are in a buyers market not a sellers.
wacjac
Member # 12504

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wacjac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the doom and gloom merchants are back!!!
i thought the idea of buying off plan,gave cheaper prices due to the risk. the more progress the less risk-hence higher price. your hardly likely to buy a finished apartment for the same price as when someone bought a pile of sand.

Posts: 9 | From: leicester | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tigersteve
Member # 11822

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tigersteve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi penny.the LOLin my reply is short for Laugh Out Loud,....unrealised profit or not,i am very happy with an investment that cost me £25k,and now ( on paper granted ) is worth in the region of £35k......my glass is always half full ( not like some ),and i would hope that in its finished state,my investment will be double.to put in a nut shell,i took the risk,and will be over the moon to cash in later...so long may the increases continue.......LOL...regards
Posts: 31 | From: hull | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tigersteve
Member # 11822

Rate Member
ps....not to mention sharm bride is second line to the sea,therfore prime spot for resales....4th/5th line are now selling for same price as i bought,so i think i will be in a strong position in the "sellers market ".....
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
ps....not to mention sharm bride is second line to the sea,therfore prime spot for resales....4th/5th line are now selling for same price as i bought,so i think i will be in a strong position in the "sellers market ".....

Well lets keep positive and praying on the blue moon for that "sellers market" to arrive Tiger Steve because for sure it is non existant at the moment.

By the time we have run out of gulliable Brits making their oh so brave off plan investments, who exactly is it that you think is going to be queing up to buy your properties at your vastly over inflated prices.

tigersteve
Member # 11822

Rate Member
hi penny...without looking through your posting history ,are you an owner of any property abroad.how can you say the sellers market is "non existant ",why do you think there is so much developement going on ,the real estate companies are "selling ",so you dont make sense.why ,as well do you call any brits who want to buy/invest in egypt as "gulliable ".?.....brits "making their oh so brave off plan investments "..are you real.whether its buying in the uk or sharm,its arisk.me thinks you have had a bad experience,( or jealousy )which is it.....take a chill pill.
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
No need to get personal Tiger steve.

All I am saying is there is a big difference between the developers /agents selling and the owners who have bought from them at inflated prices subsequently being able to resell.

When you come and try to resell your property at a market price way above new off plan developments you will find out what your property is actually worth. They are not going to run out of desert in the short term and you can be sure they will keep on building because it's really not costing them very much. Have you seen what mainland Egypt property prices are like? You will be in competion to sell with the developers for a long time to come.

You cannot possibly compare the risk of investing in Eqypt with investing in the UK. So no I don't have a problem, am not jealous, I just suffer with having a great deal of common sense.

For anyone investing because they like the lifestyle in Sharm then it's a great move, but it's not Spain and doesn't have the same infrastructure.

For those just trying to make a quick buck on the property market then in my opinion alot of people are going to be disappointed as there is awful lot of hot air out there.

tigersteve
Member # 11822

Rate Member
hi penny...nothing personal was meant....what you dont seem to understand is that,yes,developers are still building and selling,but the new builds are not in a prime location and are more and more likely to be 4/5th line and beyond,subsequently our "brave off plan investment "seem a safe bet.your personal assumption that all brits investing are "gulliable"is a slight that we are all thick .of course i know that they will not "run out of desert "to build on,but i repeat ,they will not be prime location.and yes it is the new spain,in as much as by comparison,the relativly cheap prices to buy now,will surely increase with new infrastructure and investment as did spain in the last 15 years.plus ,what has prices in mainland egypt got to do with prime land coastal prices,its a totally different thing.if you are not an investor or owner of property in sharm why do you respond on the forum,in a pessamistic ,negative way.why dont you be a little bit different to others on here,and actually be pleased for us that take a risk and actually make a few pounds.we ,probably like yourself,work damned hard for our money.hope you are not offended in any way by my drawn out reply,......regards,steve the thick gulliable,SKINT,WORRIED northern twat.....LOL
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:

hope you are not offended in any way by my drawn out reply,......regards,steve the thick gulliable,SKINT,WORRIED northern twat.....LOL

No Steve I am not offended, we can all have our opinions and yes I agree you are right about the sea front properties. And whilst I didn't think any of those words about you in particular, you really did make me laugh [Smile] [Smile]
By the way I have owned property in Sharm for the last 5 years so do have some grounds for my own opinions.
Good luck, hope it all works out for you.

wacjac
Member # 12504

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wacjac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
penny, is your property in sharm worth the same as when you bought it 5 yrs ago???
Posts: 9 | From: leicester | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Des
Member # 9479

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Des     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Penny - you have avery valid point about price
increases - if you look at apartments etc in
Hurghada for example they are very much cheaper
than Sharm with the added advantage of being
freehold!

OK Sharm is possibly more attractive to UK buyers
but is that the reason for the increase.

If you bought at the right time and are sitting on a paper profit - good for you, my main concern
would be the taxman (Egyptian).

Suppose most of you have seen the idict from HMRC
here being a time limit to declare holiday homes
abroad and how much you make from them!! [Eek!]

Posts: 97 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tigersteve
Member # 11822

Rate Member
hi penny,glad i made you laugh.life is too short,and too serious .i take most posts on this forum with a pinch of salt.far too much bickering and back stabbing for my liking.not enough constuctive advice and help,but too much of the other....lets all be happy for each other,in this stressfull time of buying property in a foreign country...its worrying enough without extra concerns arising from idle ,negative gossip......steve
mrshappy
Member # 13633

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrshappy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Penny. There is no resale market at the moment. Sharm is generally flooded with housing supply ( resorts,off plan developments and small secondary resale market.) When they are established and the causeway to Saudi is underway (lets see ), a resale market may gain some momentum. I have also lived here 5 years and any capital increase depends on purchaser confidence and "saleability". We bought a home and lifestyle rather than an investment. I am a confident prime london landlord and although the rental yields here are better, they don't come close to the profit of capital appreciation in the uk. For what it is worth, we bought in Delta, best address in Sharm. Life was too short for us to live in the windy building site of Nabq or Montazza !

The only way to make money in Sharm is in business. Buy to let or sit on and flip off plan is tuppenny ha'penny property investment. Serious gains won't be realised for another ten years. But even if you doubled your money in that time, if the property is as cheap as chips so is the profit.

Surely it's the life you live in this wonderful country that more than compensates for the bottom line ?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
steve did you ge the e mail ok
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wacjac sorry for the wrong e mail will send the correct ones
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tigersteve
Member # 11822

Rate Member
hi mac...yes got the pics.many thanks for taking the time to take and send on....this is what the forum should be about....regards,steve
wacjac
Member # 12504

Rate Member
cheers mac

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com