EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Should Muslime women wear Hagab in Western world (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Should Muslime women wear Hagab in Western world
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salam Shadya,
This was a wonderful post I have read for months.
Thanks

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farooqsaid1
Member # 7004

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for farooqsaid1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shadya:
I work as a Director for the Harris County Hospital District, which is the fourth largest Medical City in the United States. I wear hijab to work daily.

I wont say it was always easy, because I lost work for my beliefs. But I will say that American-born women wearing hijab are treated differently from foreign women who wear hijab (and who live in the US). American culture will respect my choice in faith because I am a fellow American. It is unfortunate that women with ethnic dress or attributes are not treated equally.

I have no problem wearing hijab anywhere, but I have friends who are afraid to be seen in public with hijab. I also make certain friends uncomfortable when I wear hijab publically (for instance, when we go to Walmart). It bothers them more than me that people stare.

I guess the best choice is to do what pleases yourself. I really wore hijab since I was a child, and I often find that wearing one brings people to me with questions about Islam. I welcome their questions.

Sometimes funny things happen as a direct result of me wearing hijab. I had a 5 year old girl ask me in Frye's if I was the Virgin Mary...I was fueling my car with petrol in Alabama and after I paid when I returned to my car, I realized someone left me a whole box of Jehovah's Witness reading materials on the top of my car. In the past I had Fundamental Baptists stop me in the hallway at the hospital, in the hope of converting me on the spot. I remain polite but firm in my convictions.

My husband's family asked him, why does Shadya never show her hair (they really wondered if I had any). He told them the plain truth. He said: Shadya has friends who knew her for years and they never saw her hair. He understands that my hair and how it looks, is for his pleasure only. Modesty is a wonderful attribute on women.

Shadya, I could not agree with you more and my full repect to you. As I has wriiten in the previous post that the main issue is actually not the issue itself! as much as the WAY that one approch it, express it.

Posts: 70 | From: Vergina, SK, CANADA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadya
Member # 7341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know? I found a woman living in the UK who makes my hijabs for me. She does beautiful work. She is also Egyptian and her business is named Sensational Scarves. She will ship internationally, and she is reliable. I probably bought 20 or more from her if anyone is interested...She makes one type of hijab with a cap that also has an opening in the back for women who pull their long hair back, and a separate long rectangular piece of cloth. She also makes the type of hijab where the cap and the long piece of cloth are attached. The ends of the long cloth are sewn together so that a woman can place the material over the cap and just pin it there. So easy and they look beautiful.

When I picked up my husband from the airport last week, I had 3 or 4 people (muslimahs who work at the airport) comment on the hijab I was wearing.

Posts: 52 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salama:
Salam Shadya,
This was a wonderful post I have read for months.
Thanks

So why don't you were hijjap urself
you hypocrite so so slezyyyyyyyyy an fake

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 1mangang:

alana shut the f**k up.
you have delusions that you are smart.

Yes plzzzzzzzzzzz **** of u drunking old man'

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

quote:
Originally posted by 1mangang:

I asked my sister about this and she said:

'the choice is ultimately the woman's, since she will have nobody to defend her on her day of Judgment. The husband should not tell her to wear it and he should not tell her not to wear it, nor should her friends. She knows right from wrong and knows what she should do, nobody defends themselves before Allah except THEMSELVES!'.
Hope that helps!

Oh hear the drunk talk abaut allah LOL
SHUT UP AN GO TO BED

Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morgan,
You really made me laugh!
I liked that "shut up and go to bed." lol
I don't think he can get off of the couch from being "stoned" as he puts it. Tripping on his hallucinations are #1 priority.
Take Care

Posts: 273 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com