EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Shacking up in the west, for Muslimahs.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shacking up in the west, for Muslimahs.
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I know this isn't the norm, and a very small percentage would even think of doing such a thing.

But over the last year I have run into a few men who are shacked up with "fiancees" who happen to be Muslimahs.

By this I am shocked.

I know one couple, he is American, white, and a Art Student. She is Kuwaiti and unveiled (of course).

This guy claims that her family is supportive and is totally okay with it, even buys his artwork.

Then the others, I feel are not so rosy in their conditions.

I noticed, not one single shacked up Muslimah is Egyptian, and the woman is always rich.

Does this type of arrangement happen in Cairo with Gulf Arabs?

Any usernames running into these couples like I am?

Its really uncomfortable to ask them (all of the male American fiancees are open about it, even proud), and its tough to look them in the face after I know.

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty common for muslim born Indonesian girls here.But perhaps they would not tell the exact details to the family overseas.
But eventually the guy converts if it becomes serious.
I never heard of this with arabic girls here though , but where I live is not very populated with mid east people-although on the plateau overlooking the ocean( up the hill) we do have a coptic church!And near the main road theres a mosque.

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here, some muslimah's with a huge dilemma. They managed to live by themselves but are hesitant to live with their boyfriends becaus of the family. Some do and some get by. Some have to break up. We had an article in a magazine this month about this. Probably on the rise.

Demiana

--------------------
Fools blame everyone else, starting philosophers blame themselves, wise people don't blame anyone (Epictetus)

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It freaks me out personally. I am a Lutheran Christian and could never shack up before marriage.

Its difficult to look these couples in the face!

And if my husband ever asks what the heck is up with them, I couldn't lie to him.

--------------------
Don't freak out, sonomod, Organized Crime, whatever. If I annoy you its me!

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] sono [Roll Eyes] [Cool]
Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod,
It happens all the time! The kuwaitis and Saudis when they go to US or Europe just live it up with the deputy! America is more liberal in most cases, or you go to where people do not ask questions. If one lives in all Muslim neighbourhood, then it is difficult because people know your business and they can report you.

Even Iran has a special ceremony similar to orfi, a trial marriage ting where the two parties stay together for personal reasons and when they get tired of each other, then they call it off! No big deal!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com