EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Did the Ancient Egyptians describe themselves as black race as the Nubians? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Did the Ancient Egyptians describe themselves as black race as the Nubians?
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ok so kemit shoit means "black books"? as in color? *snickering* ok dude gotcha *wink*
Snickering and winks are for class clowns, not scholars.

If that's the best you can do, then I understand, and will leave you be.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tutemkasret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stop quoting from ghetto afrocentric sites called "wally mo" LMAO!!! That makes yoru attempt to be an "arm chair" scholar not very reputable *sniff*
Posts: 141 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^ Argument by ridicule is a logical fallacy, a form of trolling, and an admission of weakness, and defeat.

Consider: Wally knows the difference between kem and ka, but.... you didn't.

Logically, you should thank him for teaching you, instead of attacking him out of frustration and bitter resentment.

But you prefer to show everyone your insecurities by sniffing, winking, farting yourself and other acts of self abuse.

Too bad.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tutemkasret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
***Snickering and winks are for trolls, not scholars***

Ohh well excuuuuuse me..you are a SCHOLAR NOW?!?!
Well where did you get your PHD or your Masters degree in Egyptology or African studies or Linguistics then sir? I am dying to hear your resume *snif*

Posts: 141 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
I am dying to hear your resume *snif*
I don't know what you're sniffing  - exactly, but i can assure you it isn't helping you one bit.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tutemkasret:

Stop quoting from ghetto afrocentric sites called "wally mo" LMAO!!! That makes yoru attempt to be an "arm chair" scholar not very reputable *sniff*

LOL Well I don't know if Wally is "ghetto" I haven't met the guy personally, but I sure know his sources come from legitimate mainstream scholars. NON of whom by the claim the word 'kem' to have any derivation from 'ka'! LOL

*snicker* is what even the most beginner Egyptologists would do at your grasp of Egyptian linguistics. [Big Grin]

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
***LOL Well I don't know if Wally is "ghetto" I haven't met the guy personally, but I sure know his sources come from legitimate mainstream scholars. NON of whom by the claim the word 'kem' to have any derivation from 'ka'! LOL

*snicker* is what even the most beginner Egyptologists would do at your grasp of Egyptian linguistics.***

Well maybe you can better understand my point Djehuty my argument is that kem is a compound word coming from "ka and em" not just ka alone just as tem comes from "ta and em". The blackened heiro(coal/wood) denotes the result of the spirit making it a "sacred/holy" color hence the reason the people and Gods of Ta Khent are depicted with a literal black coloring. Do you atleast understand my position without all the arguments and tit for tat lets be adults.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^Utter nonsense! Kem and Ka are two totally different words! Kem is NOT derived from Ka nor tem!!

Kem simply means black while Ka is a spritual aspect.

Kem is a sacred color which is why gods were often portrayed in Kem-ho (literally meaning black-face despite the modern day racist negative connotations behind the phrase!).

The Ka spirit was never portrayed as black in color but as resembling the deceased person, thus 'ka' is often mistakenly defined as a person's 'double'. Ba on the other hand is the spirit aspect depicted in black which can be seen by Tut's guardian ba statues. Either way, no spirit is linguistically tied to the color black or 'kem'!

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL @ these folks trying desperately in vain to run away from the FACTS! [Big Grin]

-

tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
***^^Utter nonsense! Kem and Ka are two totally different words! Kem is NOT derived from Ka nor tem!!***

Ok well this sentence kind of says it all...you nor anyone on this board can comprehend what people say considering nothing that is supposedly re-iterated here is what I have said.

So nevermind, atleast I tried to better articulate myself *shrugs*

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
you nor anyone on this board can comprehend what people say considering nothing that is supposedly re-iterated here is what I have said.
We do consider what people say, even when it is incoherent, as is the case above.
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Still waiting on you to admit that you say "kemit shoit" means "black books"
rasol
Member # 4592

^ We know exactly what it says and means.

We told you exactly what it says and means.

Why are you pretending otherwise?

Playing dumb is not a sound debating method.

When will you stop sniffing  - and start learning?

It's up to you.

tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
***Other Africans Nahasu (pages 344a/386b) = Strangers or barbarians: In Wolof (Senegal), a language as close to the Ancient Egyptian language as modern Egyptian, "nahas" means "good for nothing; worthless."***

So all other Africans are good for nothing according to Egyptians and this would include the people on this site defending Egyptians. This site is horrible because it is using "wolof" to decipher a language thousands of years older and I am supposed to take you or your afrocentric sources serious??

rasol
Member # 4592

^ Good job. As long you bump the thread, lead everyone back to the reference links: http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/ and show us all that you can't intelligently address it, much less refute anything....i'm happy.

Please continue then with your frustrated replies.... [Smile]

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:

^ Good job. As long you bump the thread, lead everyone back to the reference links: http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/ and show us all that you can't refute it, but can only make silly-pointless remarks out of frustration, i'm happy.

This poster tutemkasret sounds a lot like the 'repeatedly' banned poster by the username of "African Bible Expert"/Senkhemdjed, who interestingly also proclaims to be an African, but then goes on to refer to people ["she" never met in person] on the board as "African Americans", just so she can then disparage them. Maybe it's just a coincidence that these two posters sound alike.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Whatever the case - they sure are have some weak semantics.
Sudan is an Arab country
Member # 12211

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sudan is an Arab country   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ohh brothers and sister, we all were kings and queens in the lands of Africa with palaces made of gold, before the white man came and made us slaves in America [Big Grin]
Posts: 25 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^Sure

(You guys this isn't fair, This is like LD people vs. the Geneouses, Like Highschool football teams verses Professional Football teams (Not the Raiders), like Gary Coleman vs. Shaq O'Neal - In a dunking contest. LMAO [Big Grin] [Wink] [Smile] [Cool] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] )

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hikuptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The word Kemet does not mean black Soil this is the most fabricated **** i have ever heard this comes from White European Scholars who didnt want to tell u that the Egyptians were Black and called themselves black because of there Pride and Love for the black color. Amr in your heart and the way u speak u make it seems as if u dont want the Ancient Egyptians to be Blackskinned brothers its the same as the Sindi's of India who are black but claim they dont have blackskin. Im not advocating that Blackskinn belongs to Africa alone no u will find blackskin threw out the whole world. Amr the way u talk and post u want to bring Hate and Racist ideas to the People of Nubia and egypt u are not the authority on the Egyptians i am a egyptian Ausar is egyptian and doesnt even come up with the same garbage that u do. Amr are u full Egyptian mother and father or are u Nubian and Egyptian and u cant judge the color and race of the egyptians using your look and your Features.

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

Posts: 526 | From: Aswan Egypt | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
The word Kemet does not mean black Soil this is the most fabricated **** i have ever heard this comes from White European Scholars
Correct.

This notion has no basis in history, it is entirely invented by 19th century Europeans.

The closest thing they have to a source for this rationalisation is Herodotus, which is both instructive and ironic.

Herodotus stated that the Nile valley had black soils. He never claimed that the country was named after black soil. In fact, it isn't clear that Herodotus knew *any* native term for Km.t or Kush. He only refers ever to the Greek - Egypt and Ethiopia.

The irony is - Herodotus made the famous comment about the Egyptians having black skin and wooly hair using the same greek term for black 'melos' as was used for the 'soil' reference and every other reference to the color black.

Essentially Eurocentrism misquotes Herodotus in order to justify the km.t as black soil lie, and then turns around and denies his actual quote - regarding Egyptians as black people, which is the crux of the whole debate to begin with!

It's amazing that they ever got away with such a transparent farce of a fib.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by Sudan is an Arab country:
ohh brothers and sister, we all were kings and queens in the lands of Africa with palaces made of gold, before the white man came and made us slaves in America [Big Grin]

slave - from Sclavus, originally Slav,
one of a group of peoples in eastern, southeastern, and central Europe, including the Russians and Ruthenians (Eastern Slavs), the Bulgars, Serbs, Croats, Slavonians, Slovenes, etc. (Southern Slavs), and the Poles, Czechs, Moravians, Slovaks, etc. (Western Slavs], so called because of the many slavs sold into bondage by conquering people - hence slavery,
[Big Grin]

tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Well my argument still stands.

1. Egyptians did not depict themselves as black skinned

2. No African groups of people call themselves black

3. No African group of people call themselves something in relation to other peoples especially by skin color

There for the derivative of the word "km" needs further investigation and discernment

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Well my argument still stands....

2. No African groups of people call themselves black....

Not according to this:

-

quote:

1. Egyptians did not depict themselves as black skinned

-

-

-

quote:

3. No African group of people call themselves something in relation to other peoples especially by skin color

Words used in Sudan, by Sudanese:

Asfar ~ "Yellow"

Ahmar ~ "White"

Asmar ~ "Reddish-brown"

Dahabi ~ "Goldish"

Gamhi ~ "wheatish color"

Khamri ~ "Red wine color"

Akhdar ~ "greenish"

Azrag ~ "blue - pitch black"

Aswad ~ "black"

...Surely the Sudanese are Africans, even if there are some profoundly delusional "Arabized" ones amongst them, no?

quote:

Looks like you are wrong on all accounts.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
This is a nice source and my french is a little rusty, but I can still understand it lol..nice refresher, but this is the authors "opinion" that kmtwy is in opposition to dshrtwy.

good source none the less thanks!

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This is a nice source and my french is a little rusty, but I can still understand it lol..nice refresher, but this is the authors "opinion" that kmtwy is in opposition to dshrtwy.

good source none the less thanks!

The source is analytical and objective, clearly laying out glyphs for each and every word/term. There is nothing "subjective" about this. If you have a source that suggests "kem" doesn't mean black, and has put forward all the analytical representations via primary text structures produced by the Kemetians themselves, then please feel free to share it with us.
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:

No actually your "argument", or rather mindless noisemaking, *never* stood.

You based it on the lie that kem means ka, which requires and audience of idiots - for which there is in fact only and audience of '1' - namely yourself.

To humor you, you were challenged to provide sources and of course ignored the request, which is a useful method of demonstrating that a person knows they are talking out of their rear ends and has no hope of producing the requested evidence.

At that point your argument was dead.

All you've done since is death-twitch like a chicken with it's head cut off, spewing sour grapes from your decapitated gullet.

Eventually you stop twitching, and finally even the bad smell will go away and you will simply be gone.

Such is the pattern of all trolls on Egyptsearch. [Roll Eyes]

tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
wait I didnt see the rest of your post with all the pictures...those black pictures are of Gods and people of the places of those Gods and I have addressed this earlier if you read the whole forum.
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

wait I didnt see the rest of your post with all the pictures...those black pictures are of Gods and people of the places of those Gods and I have addressed this earlier if you read the whole forum.

What source states that 'living' kings like Tut, or royalty like Nefertari, and the princess in that picture are "gods"?

Ps - at any rate, your claim about Egyptians never depicting themselves 'black', has been falsified.

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
I have addressed this earlier.

You have yet to address anything. Insubstantiated rantings do not qualify as anything more than death-twitchings, sorry.
AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMR1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We all know that Egyptians painted their phoroahs and Gods black, sometimes even green not because their colour is in fact black.

Every one knows that Upper Egyptians were reddish brown and lower Egyptians very light brown.

Black has symbolic meaning, like the green that we see somtimes, nobody is green except may be a Martian.

I think trying to imply by some that the phoroah which was painted black is in fact black is dishonest, becausee we all know besides dynasty 25, no phoroah was black.

even dynasdty 18 which was partly nubian of King Tut, did not have black phoroahs, but dark brown ones.

Black here is symbolic.

Posts: 1090 | From: Merowe-Nubia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Originally posted by AMR1:

We all know that Egyptians painted their phoroahs and Gods black, sometimes even green not because their colour is in fact black.

-

Which pharaoh is this guy?

quote:
Amr1:

Every one knows that Upper Egyptians were reddish brown and lower Egyptians very light brown.

Where can I find Egyptian art where men of upper Egypt were "reddish brown", while the "lower" Egyptians were "very light brown"?

I'm familiar with this convention:

-

...but I see a uniform coloring for everyone involved, which is dark brown. Where are your "very light brown" lower Egyptians here?

quote:
Amr:

Black has symbolic meaning, like the green that we see somtimes, nobody is green except may be a Martian.

Does that "princess" have a color with symbolic meaning. What about the Egyptian above?

Of course, "black" can also be the embodiment of sacredness, which nobody is denying here; nonetheless, it is still "black". You are however, denying that the term "kem" means "black", and yet, you have no evidence to the contrary.

quote:
Amr1:

I think trying to imply by some that the phoroah which was painted black is in fact black is dishonest, becausee we all know besides dynasty 25, no phoroah was black.

Do you have any Kemetian depiction that shows that the 25 dynasty pharaohs were "black" skinned, and that they were depicted any different from the conventions used to depict Kemetians? If not, on what primary Kemetian text do you base your idea of the 25th dynasty rulers being the only "black" pharaohs?
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMR1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super car

That guy is a Nubian, not an Egyptian and even if he worked for the Egyptians, he was a Nubian ion Egypt.

The typical Egyptian was not black but brown.

You guys should respect history and facts, if you love it, don't try to imply false image of the typical Egyptian, which we all know it is brown not black. What you are doing is truly shameful.

--------------------
Regards,

Posts: 1090 | From: Merowe-Nubia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
Dynastry 25th is only Nubian phoroahs and only black dynasty.

Every one else is either Egyptian brown or reddish brown like dynasty 18 or foreigners from the North.

I am here making a distinction of teh colour of the typical Egyptian, like the soldeirs or the fishermen, all brown, no black between them, that is ancient Egypt, brown, not black.

--------------------
Regards,

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Super car

That guy is a Nubian, not an Egyptian and even if he worked for the Egyptians, he was a Nubian ion Egypt.

What primary text source do you have for this claim?

In the meantime,...

-

Take a close look at this image, and then take a closer look at the following...

-

The glyphs for the aforemention read "rome", and are different from that of the so-called "Nubian"

In other words, the glyphs are visibly not the same for the Egyptians and their southern neighbors. Moreover, the Egyptians were preceded in the wall relief by none other than Heru, the same cannot be said for the "Nubian" counterpart on the same relief, as was pointed out here:
Tehenu Ancient Black Libyans

^Unfortunately, some of the images I presented from Ampim's postings in Yahoo, have been broken.

The topic has been addressed yet again here:
BG 4:5 vg30 as in KV11 tomb of Rameses III

^Why not address the points made therein, if you are so certain that what you claim about the wall relief is the truth?

quote:
Amr:
What you are doing is truly shameful.

Telling the truth via objective substantiation, is nothing to be ashamed of. On the other hand, lying and trolling, which is what you do, is quite disgraceful.

quote:

Dynastry 25th is only Nubian phoroahs and only black dynasty.

Every one else is either Egyptian brown or reddish brown like dynasty 18 or foreigners from the North.

Hence, I am going to ask you this for the last time...

Do you have any Kemetian depiction that shows that the 25 dynasty pharaohs were "black" skinned, and that they were depicted any differently from the conventions used to depict Kemetians? If not, on what primary Kemetian text do you base your idea of the 25th dynasty rulers being the only "black" pharaohs?

^Failure to directly address this, is by default a testament to the fact that you are just blowing hot air.

quote:
Amr1:

I am here making a distinction of teh colour of the typical Egyptian, like the soldeirs or the fishermen, all brown, no black between them, that is ancient Egypt, brown, not black.

Which brings us to this unfinished business. And again, this is the last time I'll ask you to produce results. Failure to do so, is well, you get the idea...

Amr1 posted:

I asked:

Where can I find Egyptian art where men of upper Egypt were "reddish brown", while the "lower" Egyptians were "very light brown"?

I'm familiar with this convention:

-

...but I see a uniform coloring for everyone involved, which is dark brown. Where are your "very light brown" lower Egyptians here?

^^Status:

Unanswered.

Also...

Amr said:

and I asked:

Does that "princess" have a color with symbolic meaning. What about the Egyptian above?

Unanswered.

^^Should these questions go unanswered by you, by default, you have no prayers of having a leg to stand on.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
In other words, the glyphs are visibly not the same for the Egyptians and their southern neighbors. Moreover, the Egyptians were preceded in the wall relief by none other than Heru.
asking amr1 to read those glyphs....it's like asking a dog to listen to the opera.

it won't understand, and it well yelp because the singing hurts it's ears.

then it will go back to what it knows....peeing the carpet. [Smile]

Supercar
Member # 6477

-

The Kemetians must have forgotten to depict the "Nubians" much darker than them here. LOL.

--------------------
Truth - a liar penetrating device!

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
LOL You got these trolls spinning around in circles! [Big Grin]

quote:

asking amr1 to read those glyphs....it's like asking a dog to listen to the opera.

it won't understand, and it well yelp because the singing hurts it's ears.

then it will go back to what it knows....peeing the carpet. [Smile]

LMAO How sad, that even after we told him that the glyph read 'Egyptian' over a dozen times, he keeps saying that the man is really "Nubian"!

[Embarrassed] This is worse than explaining to my little cousin that a dolphin is not a fish, but a mammal like us!

tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
***What source states that 'living' kings like Tut, or royalty like Nefertari, and the princess in that picture are "gods"?

Ps - at any rate, your claim about Egyptians never depicting themselves 'black', has been falsified.***

I was refering to the queen that was posted as being colored literally black and that many gods from ta khent the same place the queen of that picture would be from are depicted literally black..but maybe you can understand my argument Supercar because the others are being too emotional and immature..I mean these African Americans act like they are Egyptians or something lol. Anyway, Supercar I am going to repost my argument and what I feel the true meaning and etymology of the word kem is and why..maybe finally one person can comprehend my argument. My argument is that kem is a compound word coming from "ka and em" not just ka alone just as tem comes from "ta and em". The blackened heiro(coal/wood) denotes the result of the spirit making it a "sacred/holy" color hence the reason the people and Gods of Ta Khent are depicted with a literal black coloring. With this I am saying that kemet means "nation/people of spirit" rather than a racial denotation of "black people/nation and the reason is....
1. Egyptians did not depict themselves as black skinned they depicted themselves as reddish brown contrary to the heiro of the word "km"

2. No African groups of people call themselves black or by a color denoting race

This is my personal thesis of the word "km" and the rest on this board are saying "we can't think on our own we have to wait till whitey tells us something" lol..I am not an African American so I have the luxory of not having this conditioning of my psyche. They were being very immature and I was hoping you(Supercar) could be mature enough to atleast "discern" my reasoning for my position. I would appreciate it if you could collaborate with me on this and give me your insights.

thanks

P.S This is for SUPERCAR only!!!

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I was refering to the queen that was posted as being colored literally black and that many gods from ta khent the same place the queen of that picture would be from are depicted literally black..but maybe you can understand my argument Supercar because the others are being too emotional and immature..I mean these African Americans act like they are Egyptians or something lol. Anyway, Supercar I am going to repost my argument and what I feel the true meaning and etymology of the word kem is and why..maybe finally one person can comprehend my argument. My argument is that kem is a compound word coming from "ka and em" not just ka alone just as tem comes from "ta and em". The blackened heiro(coal/wood) denotes the result of the spirit making it a "sacred/holy" color hence the reason the people and Gods of Ta Khent are depicted with a literal black coloring. With this I am saying that kemet means "nation/people of spirit" rather than a racial denotation of "black people/nation and the reason is....

Your argument is null for any Egyptologist or elementary scholar in Egyptian language will tell you that Kem is NOT a compound word but one word denoting color. It has NO root in either 'ka' nor 'tem' which are seperate words all their own.

Find me a scholarly source on the Egyptian language that supports your views, since I take it you are not an expert of the subject matter yourself.

quote:
1. Egyptians did not depict themselves as black skinned they depicted themselves as reddish brown contrary to the heiro of the word "km"
Irregardless, there are many Africans whose complexions fall into various ranges of brown but still call themselves 'black' as the color is still holds sacred value.

quote:
2. No African groups of people call themselves black or by a color denoting race
Really? Perhaps not "racial" in the sense that we know it today but you should be aware that the Yoruba call themselves black and their enemies especially Europeans 'red'? Are you aware that Somalis call themselves black and Europeans 'red'? Are you aware the Egyptians called themselves black and their Asiatic and 'white' Libyan enemies 'red'?!

quote:
You obviously do not know many African groups then.

quote:
This is my personal thesis of the word "km" and the rest on this board are saying "we can't think on our own we have to wait till whitey tells us something" lol..I am not an African American so I have the luxory of not having this conditioning of my psyche. They were being very immature and I was hoping you(Supercar) could be mature enough to atleast "discern" my reasoning for my position. I would appreciate it if you could collaborate with me on this and give me your insights.
Your personal thesis means nothing without any evidence to back it up, all evidence by the way refutes it. I am not African American either but at least I can accept FACTS.

[quote]thanks

Your welcome

quote:
P.S This is for SUPERCAR only!!!
Why? He is not the only one in this board, and he certainly isn't the only one with enough sense to disagree with your silly assertions.
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
***Really? Perhaps not "racial" in the sense that we know it today but you should be aware that the Yoruba call themselves black and their enemies especially Europeans 'red'? Are you aware that Somalis call themselves black and Europeans 'red'? Are you aware the Egyptians called themselves black and their Asiatic and 'white' Libyan enemies 'red'?!***

Yorubans did not call themselves black and enemies read in ancient times that is a bald faced lie and Egyptians called Tahmou and Aamu red in association with the God Set. So this is all incorrect, but like I said my post was for Supercar you are too immature to discuss with...and for the millionth time I am aware no "scholar" has said this, I am not a slave to scholars considering if I was then over 50 years ago Egyptians were WHITE according to "scholars"!! So much for that rationale

Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amr, tut, and SudanisArab should be banned.
Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

Yorubans did not call themselves black and enemies read in ancient times that is a bald faced lie

LOL The only one lying now is YOU. Yoruba and many other peoples in West, Centra, and East Africa who have hold black as a sacred color and so designate it among themselves regardless of complexion. I hope you know that Yoruba people in general tend to be dark brown also!

quote:
and Egyptians called Tahmou and Aamu red in association with the God Set.
Eeeh! Wrong. The god Set was connected with foreigners only later in time, before that the cult of Set originated in Upper Egypt and was very much an Egyptian god. Set has nothing to do with the Egyptian calling Tamhou and Aamu red. If so, then how do you explain other African groups calling their enemies red or even Europeans red, Set?? LOL

quote:
So this is all incorrect, but like I said my post was for Supercar you are too immature to discuss with...
Nope. Everything I said was correct, and I really don't see anything "immature" about my response if anything it is YOU who is the immature one by the way you sound which is probably the reason why Supercar hasn't responded to you in a while! LMAO

quote:
and for the millionth time I am aware no "scholar" has said this, I am not a slave to scholars considering if I was then over 50 years ago Egyptians were WHITE according to "scholars"!! So much for that rationale
So I take it you are totally unaware that there are many scholars today who work with more accurate information and acknowledge the African identity of the Egyptians as well as more basic knowledge such as linguistics (etymology of kem) which hasn't changed.

[Embarrassed] *yawn* you are a waste of time. No wonder Supe won't address you.

tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
***LOL The only one lying now is YOU. Yoruba and many other peoples in West, Centra, and East Africa who have hold black as a sacred color and so designate it among themselves regardless of complexion. I hope you know that Yoruba people in general tend to be dark brown also!***

Man no Africans refer to themselves as BLACK why don't you understand this!!!!

***Eeeh! Wrong. The god Set was connected with foreigners only later in time, before that the cult of Set originated in Upper Egypt and was very much an Egyptian god. Set has nothing to do with the Egyptian calling Tamhou and Aamu red. If so, then how do you explain other African groups calling their enemies red or even Europeans red, Set?? LOL***

Again, a modern construct and not an ancient one..dude unless you are African please stay out of this convo the only knowledge you remotely have of Africa is from books. Please refrain from responding.

rasol
Member # 4592

Tutemkasret:

You are really bad at debate.

Maybe you should go take some lessons or something, and come back when you've learned how to formulate a sound thesis, or can at least produce some sources or....something.

As is, you're not even worth responding to.

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

***What source states that 'living' kings like Tut, or royalty like Nefertari, and the princess in that picture are "gods"?

Ps - at any rate, your claim about Egyptians never depicting themselves 'black', has been falsified.***

I was refering to the queen that was posted as being colored literally black and that many gods from ta khent the same place the queen of that picture would be from are depicted literally black..

Look, we understand why Nefertari and Tut were depicted in "coal" black. The answer here is obvious, "black" was seen as sacred. This undoubtedly runs contrary to European perception of "black". It however, does not take away from the fact that it is precisely "black", which is sacred.

quote:
tutemkasret:

My argument is that kem is a compound word coming from "ka and em" not just ka alone just as tem comes from "ta and em".

Source?!

Spoken language obviously preceded writing. What evidence do you have, that tells us that the term "Kem" developed in this way? Unless you can show us that this word developed after "writing" was adopted in the Nile Valley and then the term was set up in this manner, or that "Kem" does NOT mean "black", you really don't have anything to work with here.

quote:
tutemkasret:

The blackened heiro(coal/wood) denotes the result of the spirit making it a "sacred/holy" color hence the reason the people and Gods of Ta Khent are depicted with a literal black coloring. With this I am saying that kemet means "nation/people of spirit" rather than a racial denotation of "black people/nation and the reason is....

Here is the idea:

"Black" is black [as in the color of coal], in Kemet.

The color "Black" is also sacred, in Kemet.

See my post just prior to this one: See if you can produce what is suggested therein, so as to conclude that "Kem" doesn't denote what is "black", i.e. as in the color of "coal".

quote:
tutemkasret:

You've already been shown to the contrary, images of a Kemetic princess and KV11 tomb wall reliefs exhibiting "black" toned Kemetians, who were dubbed as "rome"...

-

Take a close look at this image, and then take a closer look at the following...

-

The glyphs for the aforemention read "rome", and are different from that of the so-called "Nubian"

In other words, the glyphs are visibly not the same for the Egyptians and their southern neighbors. Moreover, the Egyptians were preceded in the wall relief by none other than Heru, the same cannot be said for the "Nubian" counterpart on the same relief, as was pointed out here:
Tehenu Ancient Black Libyans

^Unfortunately, some of the images I presented from Ampim's postings in Yahoo, have been broken.

The topic has been addressed yet again here:
BG 4:5 vg30 as in KV11 tomb of Rameses III

^Feel free to address the issues therein.

-

Here are other examples, yet:

-

^Serving Girls, Tomb of Rekhmire TT.100 (Middle Kingom Painting) Source: Mekhitarian, 51

Another illustration of a black woman with a typical egyptain phenotype. - Courtesy of Highculture.8m.com

http://highculture.8m.com/cgi-bin/framed/2225/0fd80c80.jpg

^ What appears to now be a broken link, sports the following:

Africans working the grape vine. **TT.261**
Source: Mekhitarian, 19

This black fellow is an egyptian. His dress and phenotype are the same as his fellow workers and countless other egyptian iconography. - Courtesy of Highculture.8m.com

quote:
tutemkasret:

You've already been provided a very good example of this via Sudanese applications, as they are used by Sudanese.

quote:
tutemkasret:

I've already suggested what is needed to assess the validity and rationality of your personal thesis of the term "km"; it isn't a simple matter of relying on "others" for information.

BTW, how do you know that everyone who have thus far responded to you here are African American; have you met them in person?

--------------------
Truth - a liar penetrating device!

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

quote:

kemet ka em et et=nation or people em=being synonymous with "of" and ka= spirit

is this what you want me to do?

^LOL Nice try at obfuscating Tutmuskrat!

But Ka is not anywhere in the word Kemet! [Big Grin]

Kemet is divided into Kem-- black and et-- nation.

Thus literally 'black nation'. Black is a color sacred to many African peoples and the 'Egyptians' were certainly one of those peoples!

"Kem-et" is actually the feminine version of "Kem" [musculine]. I am not aware of "et" meaning "nation". It doesn't state "soil" or anything else therein, aside from the noun "black".

Hence, we have:

"rmt (n) kmt", and if we place vowels in here, we get: 'ro(a)me.t. (n) keme.t."

and...

"Kmtyw" ~ "Kemetou"

rasol
Member # 4592

^ correct, extending on the above....

Kemet pronounced keme'

The et, representing the vocalisation of the ".t" is simply grammer device, differentiating the adjective km [kem] from the noun km.t [kemet].

By analogy

black adjective.

Blacks proper noun.

Capitalising the B and adding and s does not change the word.

It changes the grammatic context to Blacks allowing it to be the formal name of a person place or thing - which defines 'proper noun'.

kem adjective black, kemet noun Black(s).

What determines what and adjective references is what follows or in the case of most mdw ntr words...precedes.

Example: Kem Isis - Black Isis; Kemsit - Black lady.

What determines what a noun references is the context of a sentense, and or, in the case of mdw ntr, determinatives.

Km.t [rm.t] Blacks, Black people.
Km.t [nu.t] Black, Black nation.

As with any language, once you know what is said - you still must determine what is 'meant'.

Why are Osirus and Isis and Heru -> Black Osirus, Black Isis and Black Heru?

What exactly is referenced as Black?

The answer can be referenced in many ways, including linguisticly - Kem Ho [Black face], and iconographically in black skinned images.

If you simply ask the question - where is *the black* that is referenced. You have the answer, provided you don't run away from it.

It is primarily and literally the skin, *not clothing*, or the crown of Km.t or jewels, or soil, or anything else - that is depicted as Black, [and this is why the analogy with Nigerian references to people of the white cloth is somewhat off-point, if understanable].

The KM.t classified not only their Gods as Black, but themselves as well as Km.t [rome] - - Blacks.

The significance of this is best understood when we remember that in Kemetic religion the God(s) are the ancestors.

That is why the Worterbuch Egyptian dictionary translate Osirus title as:

Kem Wer la grande negre', the Great Black.... ancester of the race.

It tells you what the AE wrote, what they meant, and why.

It's always fun when fools try to refute the worterbuch, because they are completely overmatched intellectually, and inevitably reveal the sheer desparation of racism as it's most loony:

* kem means ka
* black soil
* the figure labled rm.t is really 'nubian', or a 'slave' of the 'egyptians'.

^ all 3, utterly daft arguments, tantamount to confessions of miserable defeat.

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

Example: Kem Isis - Black Isis; Kemsit - Black lady.

Whereby "lady" in the term "Kemsit" is...
rasol
Member # 4592

^ You're right, actually lady in mdw ntr is nb.t or hm.t [wife], and Kemsit is a Royal Noun, not a noun adjective.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com