EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » African civilizations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: African civilizations
tk101
Member # 12361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tk101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question, what qualifies as a civilization ? i heard that without a written langauge a society can't be a civilization. So is this true?
Posts: 40 | From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suggest you research what is uncivilized first and then you compare it to U.S.A.

What is uncivilized is people who cannot live in peace with others ... Now compare that to the U.S.

People who uses violence as a means to an end ... now compare that to the U.S.

People who destroy the worlds resources are not civilized ... this is a major attribute of the European nation ...

As I said ... find out what is not being civil and compare it to European nations that do as the U.S. and you will find out that they are not civilized ....

Civil people live in peace and know how to operate in a society with many people without a thought of slavery or forced control.

Peace!~

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hikuptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Ru2religious i think every nation in this entire world does not qualify as a civilized Nation u find me one nation in history that lives in peace without a thought of slavery or forced control.

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

Posts: 526 | From: Aswan Egypt | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prior to European invasions I do believe this world was a lot better off.
Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hikuptah:
Sorry Ru2religious i think every nation in this entire world does not qualify as a civilized Nation u find me one nation in history that lives in peace without a thought of slavery or forced control.

Of course, there are no 'absolutes', but how about relatively quiet democratic countries like say, Sweden or Senegal?
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hikuptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Supercar come on Democracy is just a word when people are Starving. Another thing no one country has fully understood Democracy and no Country has utilized it and Sweden has a King and a Queen a MOnarchy u think its Quiet come on its Corrupt as America is and Senegal is Poor with just as Much Corruption Democracy i think not.

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

Posts: 526 | From: Aswan Egypt | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hikuptah:
Supercar come on Democracy is just a word when people are Starving.

What does 'democracy' mean to you; and what does this have to do with my posting?

quote:
Hikuptah:

Another thing no one country has fully understood Democracy and no Country has utilized it and Sweden has a King and a Queen a MOnarchy

Well, the monarchy is more symbolic than actually preciding over the policies of the government. This is left to mainly the prime minister. Hikuptah, do you think the prime minister is 'elected' or not? Also see post above. Then we can move forward.

quote:
Hikuptah:

u think its Quiet come on its Corrupt as America is and Senegal is Poor with just as Much Corruption Democracy i think not.

As per your point about "corruption", I understand that you are shaky with English. Hence, you are forgiven, if you missed this earlier:

Of course, there are no 'absolutes', but how about relatively quiet democratic countries like say, Sweden or Senegal?

You say Senegal is "poor", and hence, I presume my example is invalid (?). How do you adjudge "poor"? If Senegal is not a "relatively" peaceful country, can you document in recent history, where this is to contrary?

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Embarrassed] All of this was discussed before, including definitions of civilization.
Posts: 26267 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com