EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » DNA results (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: DNA results
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vidadavida:

quote:
I agree, vidadavida, how would you as an African American slave descendant be sure about your ancestry, much less act like you know [and sure about the ancestry of] people who you are communicating with behind your computer screen, where you know you are quite safe from physical harm?
^^^This is the strangest response I have ever seen and I don't understand it so I will ask again.
The strangest question cannot be answered by a normal coherent answer. If you ask it again, I'll give you the same 'strange' answer, as it fits the question.

quote:

WHY SUPERCAR DO YOU STUDY GENETICS OF EGYPTIANS AND NORTH AFRICANS(PEOPLE THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU) TO THE TEE ALL DAY AND NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR OWN!!!!!!!!!![

Why do you study genetics of Egyptians, North Africans, and all other Africans (people who have nothing to do with you) to the tee all day and not care about your own?

I'm all pumped up to play your game.

quote:

I can not tell you how SINCERE this question is!!!

...and I cannot tell you how much my corresponding answer sincerely matches your question.

quote:

This is not a joke or rant or tease;

You bet it is not just that; it is trolling of the purest form.

quote:

I beg of you Supercar to please address this seriously because I am being DEAD SERIOUS.

WHY DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR GENES AND YOUR ORIGINS!!!!!?!?!?!?

And I beg you to carefully consider the answer to this question: why do you not care about your genes and origins?

quote:

Please respond maturely Supercar, I would really appreciate it.

No problem. I'll speak to you in a language that you best understand. I won't disappoint you. [Wink]

quote:

If I have to call you sir or something so that you KNOW that I am being serious and sincere about this question; then I WILL.

Please SIR; will you answer this question for me because I do not understand why African Americans could care less about their origins or ancestory nor WHY they feel it isn't important.

For the same reason, that you could care less about your origins or ancestry nor why you feel it isn't important. There's your answer. [Smile]
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL ^ with the 'strange' exchanges.

Bettyboo, too add to the knowledge and insight already given to you in this thread, BEING WHITE IS OK.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Africa:
quote:
Where at Northwards? If it Originated in "Mesopotamia" or "Anatolia" why did they say I'm "European" and the T gene is found in Europe?
I guess that's why you don't date African men, I guess you prefer the Turks...
plan2replan Copyright © 2007 Africa

Shut tha hel! up Africa!
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Please SIR; will you answer this question for me because I do not understand why African Americans could care less about their origins or ancestory nor WHY they feel it isn't important.

We care about our origins/ kin-folk.

quote:
Originally posted by Supercar:
Strange questions diserve strange answers

^Indeed, as Supercar is not African-American (to my knowledge) [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

Also: See supercars post.

It's OK. I know you wanted his response to make you feel good. it's ok. You guyz love hearing that "we want to be you" - bullsh.t.

Question is: Why do you NEED/LOVE to hear about these stories?

(It's mee, /What Box)"

vidadavida
Member # 12945

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vidadavida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree, vidadavida, how would you as an African American slave descendant be sure about your ancestry, much less act like you know [and sure about the ancestry of] people who you are communicating with behind your computer screen, where you know you are quite safe from physical harm?

^^^This is the strangest response I have ever seen and I don't understand it so I will ask again.

The strangest question cannot be answered by a normal coherent answer. If you ask it again, I'll give you the same 'strange' answer, as it fits the question.

quote:

WHY SUPERCAR DO YOU STUDY GENETICS OF EGYPTIANS AND NORTH AFRICANS(PEOPLE THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU) TO THE TEE ALL DAY AND NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR OWN!!!!!!!!!![

Why do you study genetics of Egyptians, North Africans, and all other Africans (people who have nothing to do with you) to the tee all day and not care about your own?

I'm all pumped up to play your game.

quote:

I can not tell you how SINCERE this question is!!!

...and I cannot tell you how much my corresponding answer sincerely matches your question.

quote:

This is not a joke or rant or tease;

You bet it is not just that; it is trolling of the purest form.

quote:

I beg of you Supercar to please address this seriously because I am being DEAD SERIOUS.

WHY DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR GENES AND YOUR ORIGINS!!!!!?!?!?!?

And I beg you to carefully consider the answer to this question: why do you not care about your genes and origins?

quote:

Please respond maturely Supercar, I would really appreciate it.

No problem. I'll speak to you in a language that you best understand. I won't disappoint you.

quote:

If I have to call you sir or something so that you KNOW that I am being serious and sincere about this question; then I WILL.

For the same reason, that you could care less about your origins or ancestry nor why you feel it isn't important. There's your answer.

^^^What are you talking about child I do know my origins?? Why are you being silly?

Posts: 271 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When are you going to learn how to post like
everybody else so we can tell what's a quote
from who, and what's the new material from
you?

I can't wade through all that mess all the time
hazarding a guess as to who said what when to whom.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vida-da-clueless child:

^^^What are you talking about child I do know my origins?? Why are you being silly?

'What are you talking about child'? You don't know your own origins. Why are you being such a retard?

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

When are you going to learn how to post like
everybody else so we can tell what's a quote
from who, and what's the new material from
you?

Never, because she is one heck of a retarded sick puppy, despite numerous volunteers showing her time and again how to do a simple thing as 'posting' a comment, and despite being a re-occurring banned troll for a year. If you want to know whatever her post is, read the one that is retarded in content. One has got to be quite retarded not to be able to do a simple thing as post a comment as this punk exemplifies, and even worse, when people have to show one how to do so countless times, and still not get it. [Wink]
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tee85:
Precisely

You just may be a "queen"

Don't insult me if I insult you then I'm the one in the wrong.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nur23_you55ouf:
quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboo:
I need help. I took my DNA test and the results show that I am white. I couldn't believe it. I cried and cried. I don't understand anything on the test. It reads that I am of European descent and my Haplogroup is T1. I don't understand the sequence they sent me and it didn't show any "T" anything. I feel so bad that I wanted to drink. I'm still depress after this horrible conclusion. I talked to my boyfriend and told him I wanted to die. Do anyone believe in these DNA tests. I am no longer a believer. I think they are just out to get your money. Clyde Winters please help me. What the heck is a T1 Haplogroup. What country is that found?

Based on former posts, i bet you're quite happy, and created this thread simply to brag of your dear european ancestry...

Then again, Nur is just a bitter cynic, who's all too blind of human intentions. [Wink]

I have yet bragged about my European ancestry. If I did, is it bad? Don't blacks brag about their African ancestry?
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bettyboo,

That is why phenotype does not always equal haplotype. People looking the same (Aborigenes in Australia, Melanesians, Negritos of Phillipines, etc have varying degrees of haplotypes and groups.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m-massage
Member # 13181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for m-massage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
betty boo i can be urs just 4 tips , i am egyptian, i will clean the house 2 and massage from head to toes
Posts: 42 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have yet bragged about my European ancestry. If I did, is it bad? Don't blacks brag about their African ancestry?

Coming from the one^ who was acting like it was an abomination in the first place. [Roll Eyes] [Cool]
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Coming from the one^ who was acting like it was an abomination in the first place. [Roll Eyes] [Cool]
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by m-massage:
betty boo i can be urs just 4 tips , i am egyptian, i will clean the house 2 and massage from head to toes

I hope you are not gay.
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by yazid904:
Bettyboo,

That is why phenotype does not always equal haplotype. People looking the same (Aborigenes in Australia, Melanesians, Negritos of Phillipines, etc have varying degrees of haplotypes and groups.

I already know this.
Nuary32
Member # 10191

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nuary32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
I need help. I took my DNA test and the results show that I am white. I couldn't believe it. I cried and cried. I don't understand anything on the test. It reads that I am of European descent and my Haplogroup is T1. I don't understand the sequence they sent me and it didn't show any "T" anything. I feel so bad that I wanted to drink. I'm still depress after this horrible conclusion. I talked to my boyfriend and told him I wanted to die. Do anyone believe in these DNA tests. I am no longer a believer. I think they are just out to get your money. Clyde Winters please help me. What the heck is a T1 Haplogroup. What country is that found?

Based on former posts, i bet you're quite happy, and created this thread simply to brag of your dear european ancestry...

Then again, Nur is just a bitter cynic, who's all too blind of human intentions. [Wink]

It's not "bad", but inappropriate in a forum that renders it irrelevent. I don't even know if you're what you say you are, judging by some of your posts. [Confused] Ironically this thread revealed what you really are, just in the form of a DNA test...white. [Big Grin]

Since that has been established, i'm now going to assume that you're a white female who causes ruckus, and brings up controversial topics for the sake of tainting the forum's reputation.

Posts: 214 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
^I have not bragged about any European Ancestry so at least the "inappropriate" part is not directed towards me. I am of mixed heritage and I will call out any racism or hatred even self-hatred as I see fit and I don't care what forum it is. All topics should be controversial, so I don't see how you or anyone can argue with that.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

...I took my DNA test and the results show that I am white. I couldn't believe it. I cried and cried. I don't understand anything on the test. It reads that I am of European descent and my Haplogroup is T1. I don't understand the sequence they sent me and it didn't show any "T" anything. I feel so bad that I wanted to drink. I'm still depress after this horrible conclusion. I talked to my boyfriend and told him I wanted to die...

ROTFLH [Big Grin]

Is this chick for real?!

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

^^^^So then Egyptians might not be black just becuase of African genes due to the fact babyboo is black and has white genes?!?!?

Broken logic and bad analogy, considering that not only because Egyptians posses Y-chromosomal and mitochondrial lineages as well as autosomal lineages (all other genes) that are African, but also because we *know* how modern and ancient Egyptians looked like we have their portraits and their descendants (some free of admixture) still exist today.

quote:
*scratching head* Maybe DNA is a bunch of hogwash crap that is being to emphasized on this board
Or maybe you just don't understand it. Feel free to do some personal research of your own or just ask some people who know like Rasol, Supe, or Takruri.

quote:
..CLYDE?!?! Maybe you are on to something....
[Embarrassed] No! NOT Clyde. Not only is he *not* an expert on this, but he really isn't an expert in his own field of linguistics and culture as he claims
Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nuary32
Member # 10191

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nuary32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^I have not bragged about any European Ancestry so at least the "inappropriate" part is not directed towards me.
What the hell is your stance? One minute you insult blacks like there's no tomorrow, the next you speak of pan africanism and being an african queen...

I suppose this thread isn't inapporpriate in a sense that it has nothing to do with egypt. Keep in mind this thread isn't the only one that sticks out like a sore thumb, so don't get me wrong. This one just strikes as most alarming, and necessary to address.

quote:
I am of mixed heritage
So you really aren't a black african queen as you say, but a mixed black african queen? [Confused]

quote:
and I will call out any racism or hatred even self-hatred as I see fit and I don't care what forum it is.
Which brings me back to my former post, regarding the fact that this forum deals with ancient egyptology, not why person A and person B had mulatto kids, leaving the race of person A manless...

quote:
All topics should be controversial, so I don't see how you or anyone can argue with that.
My point is that topics/posts should have some relevance, let alone decency to its respective forum. I'm not talking about the argueable assertion that all topics should be controversial, since that of course would be digressing.
Posts: 214 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neokem
Member # 13211

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neokem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure that vida character and bettyboo are white males playing games.
Posts: 66 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^If so, again I have to say that is the most pathetic yet hilarious thing I've heard of! LMAO
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by neokem:
I'm pretty sure that vida character and bettyboo are white males playing games.

^me too, just a little less sure on betty. Some of us do criticize ourselves like that. Still think she's white, but what does it matter; either way she's still off.
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Since that has been established, i'm now going to assume that you're a white female who causes ruckus, and brings up controversial topics for the sake of tainting the forum's reputation.

I believe Bettyboo is a GAY WHITE MALE who wishes to be (and fantasises about being) a STRAIGHT BLACK FEMALE .
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to let you know, the poster on the political section of the forum whose name is 'Bush Fan' is really Horemheb.

Perhaps we should do an IP check on 'Betty'. If not, I really don't care.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A recent post shows ESers aren't
retaining what's already been taught.
I've posted this type of breakdown
at least three times and still the
point about a haplogroup obtained
thousands of years ago from one
solitary ancestor does not give a
a guy like Hitler an African belonging
when their autosomes have no
relation to any African population.

HGs show deep rooted common origins than 2000

Autosomes show current pop less than 500 yrs. ing

quote:

A DNA test can't make you white. DNA tests only
show the mother's mother's mother (on down the
line in the case of mtDNA) or father's father's
father (on down the line for the NRY chromosome).

Somewhere or other there's a chart that shows
these tests leave out the vast bulk of an
individual's ancestry. Population genetics is
accurate for vast or regional populations when
sampled in sizes of 50 contributors or more.

However, it tells an individual only a tiny part
of their overall heritage.

quote:

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

] OK, let's put this genetic testing and genetic "racial"
conclusions in their proper perspective because their
significance can be overblown way out of proportion
on the individual level.

Now this example, as unlikely as it is, will show just how
misleading a purely mtDNA and Y chromosome approach
unaided by autosomal DNA, historical, linguistic, cultural
and phenotypical physical anthropology can be.

[The following applies to the gene tree below
and before anyone calls me on it and the
analysis I'm making, yes, I know I've simplified]

Let's take a 54 year old subject today and go back
five generations to that persons great-great-great-
grandparents of 200 years ago in the days of slavery.

The O represents the subject.

The M is the woman five generations ago that
mtDNA genetic tests reveal as the ancestress (of course
the ancestress of the genetic test will go back much further
than I can show for purposes of reasonable illustration).
Let's say she's of the First Nations of the Americas

The F is the ancestral man as explained above
except the genetic tests are done on the Y chromosome.
Let's say he's of some north west European nationality.

The mtDNA and Y chromosome tests only show the
matrilineal ancestry through the m 's and the
patrilineal ancestry through the f 's.

All other ancestry (all those X 's and Y 's) is missed!

Now five generations ago in 1800, barring incest or cousin
matings, the subject has 32 ancestors. Let's say 30 of them
were all from some Mande ethnic group or other. They're all
those X 's and Y 's. These DNA tests are going to miss them
altogether although they contribute the overwhelming bulk
of the make up of the subject. Literally, they make him (or
her) what he (or she) is.

Why should the one out of 32 First Nation ancestress and the one
out of 32 north west European ancestor disturb the psychic equilibrium
of the subject with 30 Mande ancestral parents who's been told
he/she is, out of all the Mande, a Mandinka by his/her parents?
Why wouldn't a responsible tester or company tell their client
about this kind of test limitation?

Damn the DNA, this sucker is a Mande! One monkey don't stop no show!
code:

YEAR GENERATION

1950 Ego/Ega O
|
1920 1 m = f
| |
1890 2 m = Y X = f
| | | |
1860 3 m = Y X = Y X = Y X = f
| | | | | | | |
1830 4 m = Y X = Y X = Y X = Y X = Y X = Y X = Y X = f
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
1800 5 M=Y X=Y X=Y X=Y X=Y X=Y X=Y X=Y X=Y X=Y X=Y X=Y X=Y X=Y X=Y X=F

To see how DNA conclusions can breed false historic
notions imagine the person of my chart to be an Afrikan
whose partial remains were found in an earthen mound
denoting rulership status dating to 17th century Equatorial
Guinea.

We know that two centuries earlier the Portuguese were
dumping undesirables they dubbed lançados all along
the Atlantic African coast. In this case M is a Portuguese
Jewess, Y is an Iberian Portuguese, and all the rest are
Ndowe.

Well, well, well. The only skeletal remain in the mound
was a small bone fragment, not enough for physical
anthropology to tell us anything. But now a DNA test
from the bone fragment allows some Eurocentrist to
confidently state that the Ndowe had a white ruling
caste.

Beware of unsupplemented DNA conclusions.

On the otherhand, DNA sampling like this can backup a
peoples' own claims as to origins when their phenotype
would otherwise cause many to deny it. Case in point
the Lemba of Zimbabwe/Botswana/South Africa who claim
Hebrew origins. They have a higher percentage of the
Cohen modal haplotype than Ashkenazi Jews. But instead
of recognizing the Lemba's centuries old claim, the positors
of the white Jewish race myth now doubt that CMH gene to be an
accurate genetic marker. No science is devoid of sociological
abuse.

Genetic origin, based on NRY chromosome and mtDNA, may
or may not be related to the phenotype on an individual's
level. The classic physical traits (the only ones that count
in the day-to-day world) so far escape genetic identification. DNA
can show continental and then regional origins from which
a range of phenotypes can be assumed. There's more surety
when a large number of contributors comprise the sampling of
a population but some populations' genetic data is based on
as little as under 50 members.

Considering DNA tests for yourself?
The company you
chose is important because of the methods they use and
the genome base they check against. Here's the link to a
http://www.kerchner.com/dnaprintlog2003.htm
http://www.kerchner.com/mtdnalog2003.htm
where clients discuss their results, notice in particular the
comments of those expecting SA (sub-Saharan African)
matches

Avoid a company making extravagant claims about what
they can do, or that doesn't come up front about the limitations
of their tests, or who have a small comparative resource base,
or has a high percentage of "2nd tests" due to "failures," or etc.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com