EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » WHAS ''AMEN`` A HOLY SPIRIT OR A GOD (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WHAS ''AMEN`` A HOLY SPIRIT OR A GOD
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're allowing yourself to be blinded by your
hatred of Semitic people and exempling the
statement "**** for brains."

In my first post I'd already pointed out the
Hebrew has nothing to do with Pepi's question
however you (with your more than obvious hatred
of Semites) and others (with their mistaken
Christian spin offs) lame brainedly continued
to lambast the Hebrew word amen.

For those whose interest lies in etymology showing
how the ntjr Amen bears no relation to the Hebrew
word
'-M-N, I've provided them what they need. Too bad for
you that it debunks your bankrupt hateful idealogy.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
You're allowing yourself to be blinded by your
hatred of Semitic people and exempling the
statement "**** for brains."

In my first post I'd already pointed out the
Hebrew has nothing to do with Pepi's question
however you (with your more than obvious hatred
of Semites) and others (with their mistaken
Christian spin offs) lame brainedly continued
to lambast the Hebrew word amen.

For those whose interest lies in etymology showing
how the ntjr Amen bears no relation to the Hebrew
word
'-M-N, I've provided them what they need. Too bad for
you that it debunks your bankrupt hateful idealogy.

Any intelligent person reading my remarks on this subject will know that they are not even remotely related to my opinions regarding "Semites" but rather in the order of responding to the topic. My remarks are not in any way related to an emotional response to the topic, only to its actual reality. There is nothing that I have said that can be refuted, save for the conflicting evidence, if it is at all available. You actually have no counter argument...
Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, you betcha, you show no hate disgust nor emotion when you write:

quote:
Originally posted by Wally:

This is NOT a discussion about the M........... Hebrews!!!

Amen in Hebrew can mean S... for what it's worth.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PEPI_KHEM
Member # 12897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEPI_KHEM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mustafino:
...Substitute Truth, instead. It works just fine.

I love to talk to 'religious' folk, and whenever they come up with the rote statement about "Amen," I always spring the quote from Revelations on them, and then I watch them squirm mentally for a rationale to make their idea of "Amen" meaning truly or verily fit their ideology. (If you really want to see a "christian" squirm; point out the passage in Matthew, where Jesus says he came to earth not to bring peace but war/a revolution!) [Smile]
quote:

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things say the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God

"Christians" pretend that they cannot read a sentence correctly, if it doesn't conform to their rote learning:

"The Amen"; this statement referring to "Amen" is preceded by the article "the" which is specific in that "Amen" is the subject; it then proceeds to tell us that;

1) the subject "Amen", is a faithful and true witness and
2) "Amen" is the beginning of the creation of God
it is obvious that we're talking about an entity!

Now, if we were to be or pretend to be stupid, we can say that "Truth" is this 'entity.' Christian/Biblical BS [Roll Eyes]

But the beautiful thing about all of this is that the topic regarding the Kememou "Amen" and what/who it was, wasn't even related to the Bible or Christianity; it was related to Kemet. And PEPI_KHEM seems satisfied with the answer to his question. Christians, go pray...

Yess indeed Wally i'm satisfied with the learnable answer you gave me
Posts: 77 | From: AMSTERDAM | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Al-Takruri is right on the money as usual when it comes to Hebrew words and etymology. I suggest you stop letting your love (obsession) of Egyptian culture blind you the relevant fact that not every major contribution from Hebrews was necessarily of Kemetic origin.
Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:

Perhaps I should have put [Smile] or [Roll Eyes] after each statement! But if you read the topics thread and that of others in the past, a simple question "Was 'Amen' a Holy Spirit or a God?" suddenly becomes a biblical (Hebrew) one; all of a sudden we're no longer addressing the Mdu Ntr's reference but Hebrew(?) etymology; and my chagrin at this makes me an anti-Semite!! (anti-Hebrew) [Eek!]
Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Al-Takruri is right on the money as usual when it comes to Hebrew words and etymology. I suggest you stop letting your love (obsession) of Egyptian culture blind you the relevant fact that not every major contribution from Hebrews was necessarily of Kemetic origin.

...and you see what I mean folks. Was "Amen" a Holy Spirit or a God? is now a discussion of "Hebrew words and etymology."
I wasn't discussing "every major contribution from Hebrews" being of Kemetic origins, just some words from the Mdu Ntr;- Mizra, Hmom, Shem, Kem, Kush, Amen...

And again PEPI_KHEM has repeated his satisfaction with the answer to his original question regarding the Egyptian "Amen."

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Who the cap fit, let him wear it. -- Bob Marley

quote:
quote:

quote:

Perhaps I should have put [Smile] or [Roll Eyes] after each statement! But if you read the topics thread and that of others in the past, a simple question "Was 'Amen' a Holy Spirit or a God?" suddenly becomes a biblical (Hebrew) one; all of a sudden we're no longer addressing the Mdu Ntr's reference but Hebrew(?) etymology; and my chagrin at this makes me an anti-Semite!! (anti-Hebrew) [Eek!]

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Your post of 29 March, 2007 03:49 PM is what launched
in depth non-AE related meanings for Amen.

On the otherhand I've broached a thread about Amun
worship and its consequences; archaeological, political,
demic. And it still awaits scholarly contribution
from enlightened forum members such as yourself.

In this here thread I begged off discussing Hebrew '-m-n,
pleading we stick to ntjr Amen. But to no avail. And you
were among those who continued railing.
Particularly against the Greeks "the Amen," substituting
Greek biblical usage as if it were valid Hebrew usage.

We know full well the Jews in Hellene Egypt heavily
infused Egypto-Hellene theology into their theology
and the first Christians did so even more.

Anyway, the way you spoke of the Hebrews, you would
never use that gutter language for any other African
language speaking people (except the "Berber").

And we're not fooling ourselves as to why Hebrews cause
your spleen venting, even if you yourself may not realize
it on a conscious level. No doubt, many here certainly
applaud you for boldly saying what you did. But they
quite consciously hate Hebrews without subterfuge or
apology.

If you stand with them, just man up to it.

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything you have said has absolutely nothing to do with the question posed by the topic! There is nothing here that talks or questions about the Hebrews! [Smile] It is a question about the use and meaning of the term "Amen/Amon/Amun" in the culture of the Kememou! What is so difficult about understanding this?? for what it's worth. Amen in the Mdu Ntr means "hidden, concealed, unknowable"; that was the question...
Amen is the Kememou name for God, the unknowable, the hidden one, the concealed...
Do we need to dance some more with this one?

[ 06. April 2007, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Horus_Den_1 ]

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump
Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam p
Member # 11774

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam p     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Amen = "concealed, hidden, unknowable..."
Amen (Amon/Amun) represented the only God in Ancient Egyptian philosophy, which was Monotheistic. Amen was transcendent: that which is beyond our senses and experience; Existing apart from matter; Exalted above the universe; Above and beyond the ordinary, the concrete, and the tangible.
The form of God was not even known to the ancestors or saints (ntru/"gods") and reflected the philosophy of the Kememou; Amen, the hidden, unknowable Noute or God itself...

I believe this is a good answer and is correct but it's only correct in a left handed sort of way.

I believe all the Egyptian "gods" were actually "natural phenomena". "Amun" was transcendent because he was the "Natural Phenomenon of Natural Phenomena Itself". We should think of "amun" as "reality". "Reality" is always hidden from us by our senses and lack of knowledge. At best we can catch fleeting glimpses of amun through study, science, or observation.

And, yes, the word likely was the origin of our word "amen".

Posts: 393 | From: NW Indiana, US of A | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

Amen, as Xianity borrowed from Hebrew
connotes faithful and truth but Egyptic
Amun means hidden.

Two completely different roots
from two different languages.

quote:
Quoting the Greek Scriptures is a poor method for
elucidating a Hebrew word, nor do Pharaonic Egyptic
and Canaanitic Hebrew enjoy a parent child relationship.

Pharaonic Egyptian and Canaanitic Hebrew are two
different languages though of the same superphylum,
Afrisan.

Egyptic and Semitic are Afrisan subphyla. The former
being one of its oldest separations while the latter
is one of its youngest.

While those two are Afrisan siblings, Canaanitic Hebrew
is only a Semitic family member, thus it's impossible for
it to be a child of Pharaonic Egyptic.

But, yes, biblical Hebrew has borrowed many words from
Pharaonic Egyptic. However, amen is not such an infusion.

The Egyptian ntjr Amen has nothing to do with the
Hebrew word '-M-N, derived from the Hebrew words
'-M-TH and '-M-W-N-H.

Since Pepi wants to learn about the ntjr Amen, I see
no need to once again post the meaning of the Hebrew
word amen equally misused by Christian and Afrocentric.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam p
Member # 11774

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam p     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
No.

Amen, as Xianity borrowed from Hebrew
connotes faithful and truth but Egyptic
Amun means hidden.

Two completely different roots
from two different languages.

quote:
Quoting the Greek Scriptures is a poor method for
elucidating a Hebrew word, nor do Pharaonic Egyptic
and Canaanitic Hebrew enjoy a parent child relationship.

Pharaonic Egyptian and Canaanitic Hebrew are two
different languages though of the same superphylum,
Afrisan.

Egyptic and Semitic are Afrisan subphyla. The former
being one of its oldest separations while the latter
is one of its youngest.

While those two are Afrisan siblings, Canaanitic Hebrew
is only a Semitic family member, thus it's impossible for
it to be a child of Pharaonic Egyptic.

But, yes, biblical Hebrew has borrowed many words from
Pharaonic Egyptic. However, amen is not such an infusion.

The Egyptian ntjr Amen has nothing to do with the
Hebrew word '-M-N, derived from the Hebrew words
'-M-TH and '-M-W-N-H.

Since Pepi wants to learn about the ntjr Amen, I see
no need to once again post the meaning of the Hebrew
word amen equally misused by Christian and Afrocentric.

You may well be right and I certainly don't know. Linguistics is a pretty tricky area and I'm going mostly by the similar sound and meaning of the words.

"Amen" is often taken for "so be it" which is a left handed meaning of "reality". Of course Egyptians didn't even use vowels in writing.

I can certainly defer to your knowledge in this area.

Posts: 393 | From: NW Indiana, US of A | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please don't defer to my knowledge.

There are dictionaries and lexicons.

Refer to them.

Biblical Hebrew
* Brown Driver Briggs
* Gesenius
Rabbinic Hebrew
*Jastrow
Phoenician & Punic
* Tomback

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Ethnocentric picture spam won't cut it
Black lies are no less dangerous than
whiteman's lies, perhaps for us even
more deadly as in willful ignorance.

Show me one example of an AE or
any peoples' prayer ending in a
disjointed use of the God's name.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com