EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Personal Attacks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Personal Attacks
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inflammatory statements and personal attacks are two of the most common causes of threads being locked.

Case in point, the Saharan rock art by alTakruri was locked. [Frown]

Please have a heart, and keep the rest of us in mind. We are trying to contribute and gain knowledge through these threads. Thank you.

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Why did you bring this up all of a sudden? What's going on now?
Posts: 26349 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ Why did you bring this up all of a sudden? What's going on now?

The Saharan rock art thread is locked. I can't add anymore information. [Frown]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005083

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horus_Den_1
Member # 12222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horus_Den_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite embarrassing reading those exchanges, i cleaned the topic up

if there are other interesting topics which a member here feels should be opened up( i'm not talking about topics with 5 pages and only one page adressing the topic title and the other 4 being full of personal attacks i'm sorry but i can't be bothered with that) please send me a pm

to Myra if members allow the topic to go from interesting to sinking back to it's ''closed'' level then it will remain closed!

Posts: 107 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ There were many other good topics that were ruined. Any chance you could clean them up as well and open them back up?
Posts: 26349 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:
Inflammatory statements and personal attacks are two of the most common causes of threads being locked.

Case in point, the Saharan rock art by alTakruri was locked. [Frown]

Please have a heart, and keep the rest of us in mind. We are trying to contribute and gain knowledge through these threads. Thank you.

The problem is that some posters don't understand that its alright for people to have different opinions about a subject . These people feel you must continue to argue instead of just agreeing to disagree.

I truely wish people could understand that their is not complete agreement on every subject and differing opinions should be expected. If posters understood this reality the name calling should decrease.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Horus_Den_1:
Quite embarrassing reading those exchanges, i cleaned the topic up

if there are other interesting topics which a member here feels should be opened up( i'm not talking about topics with 5 pages and only one page adressing the topic title and the other 4 being full of personal attacks i'm sorry but i can't be bothered with that) please send me a pm

to Myra if members allow the topic to go from interesting to sinking back to it's ''closed'' level then it will remain closed!

OK . . . thank you, I understand.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com