EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » What am I seeing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What am I seeing?
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone please tell me what I am seeing.

As I drive along the ring road with the 3 pyramids to my left in twilight and when I am in line parallel to the pyramids I see a fourth.

You see the great pyramid furthest right then chephrens to the left of it, Menkaure to the left of that slightly and then to the left another one the same size as menkaures .
I have passed so many times and only seen it in twilight, not during the day. It is not the sound and light effects, it is a solid looking pyramid just along from the smallest ( Menkaures).
I thought maybe I am seeing the one at Sakkara but it seems so close the small one on the plateau?
Has anyone seen this before and can tell me what I am seeing? Is there a modern structure that when you look at the pyramids it makes it look like an exact copy of Menkaures.

I am baffled [Confused]

Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The Peoplę
Member # 13480

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The Peoplę         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mirage
Posts: 194 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but it is so solid looking, just the same as the others?????
I was thinking there was maybe another one somewhere and seeing it lined up even though it may be further off in the distance. Have you seen what I am talking about?

Have a look and see what I mean.
it is really strange

--------------------
Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that it is likely a kind of mirage or illusion created by the light and cool desert air.
Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe that new Pyramid-shaped museum they're building.

--------------------
"Oh the sons of Ethiopia; observe with care; the country called Ethiopia is, first, your mother; second, your throne; third, your wife; fourth, your child; fifth, your grave." - Ras Alula Aba Nega.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
nope not convinced it is an illusion. It is so clear and is in every way just like the other 3. I don't think they have started on the new museum yet or at least when I pass by and see Ramsis statue patiently waiting for his new setting there seems to be no building work as yet.

What I was wondering is , is there anyone else here who can check this out and tell me what they see?
The thing is you see it clearly between the buildings as you pass and as you drive further up the road to the next vantage point on the highway it is still there but has moved position slightly, so how can a mirage do that?
Is that possible?

--------------------
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt's fourth pyramid

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005393

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com