EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The Origin of the Tutsi (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Origin of the Tutsi
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "issue" itself evaporates once we stop trying to separate Africans into stereotypes.

In South Africa Aparteid Boers contrived the idea that Bantu are immigrants, and only Khoisan are native.

This was nice ruse rhetoric since it facilitated a denial of the existence of the indigenous Black majority.

In reality the Apartheid line between Bantu and Khoisan makes no sense as up to 1/3rd of the maternity of South African Bantu is traceable to Khoisan female - pre Bantu expansion, and up to 30 percent of some Khoisan paternity is likewise traceable directly to the Bantu expansion.

Too, Bantu languages of South Africa have unique characteristics relating them to Khoisan languages, so even the language distinction is not absolute.

What is sensible from a Khoisan and Bantu perspective of course is the recognition that they are inextricably related, and both indigenous.

Even the geographical boundaries within Africa become meaningless over time as all Africans ultimately come from rift valley and our ancestories from that point on have waundered all over the continent.

As Africans, we have to stop letting Eurocentrists out-manouver us into repeating after *their* concepts of ethnicity, which are invaribably meant to service bogus European claims to other peoples history, other peoples lands, and other peoples resources.

This should be the hard-won lesson of this thread.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AFRICA I:

A and E3b haplogroups are rare in West Africa.

Your post speaks of cluelessness. You were asked to produce genetic markers that you intend to attribute to Ethiopian Nilo-Saharans that are supposedly ****absent****[intensely emphasized, because you keep yourself ignorant of the word] in West Africans, but you produce none. Remember, you said this:

as an example Nilo-Saharans from Ethiopia look like Central and West Africans but they don't share anything genetically - Africa I

This is clearly not supported by evidence, or else you would have delivered - you can’t deliver what doesn’t exist. Your desperate self can only then cling onto evidence used to discredit your post above, and try to use it to make yet another ridiculous claim.

Guineans have all the lineages that you’ve proclaimed to be rare in West Africa, and Guineans are but only one nationality of west Africa. You were shown yet another independent study that reveals E3b lineages in Senegalese Mandinkas, Tuaregs and Moroccans, along with a link which shows more of the same in that region. You keep harping on about how Blacks who live with Whites in a single nation are prone to being brainwashed by Eurocentric propaganda, but your claims show that you are the one who suffers from this condition. You repeat word for word what your Eurocentric teachers have taught you without critical analysis, and have been unable to break the mental shackles. Case in point, is your idea of what even constitutes 'west Africa', your unwavering unfounded stereotypes of Africans into regional "types", and your imaginery absolute genetic "apartheid" between Africans.

Genetic studies can only deal with a certain sample size, and since this never covers an entire nation or region, what are the odds that a rare lineage would be *noticeably* represented in a sample from a designated region not only once, but time and again. You need to start thinking out of the box and you cannot do this, if you don’t understand the science at hand, but simply parrot what you think is being said in one or the other study.

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AFRICA I         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A and E3b are rare among west Africans...your own sources say that and everyone knows it. There is a strong genetic homogeneity in WA as your article mentioned...you know better.
Posts: 919 | From: AFRICA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A and E3b are rare among west Africans...your own sources say that and everyone knows it. There is a strong genetic homogeneity in WA as your article mentioned...you know better.

There are some West Africans with not insignificant amounts of E3b, including Wolof and Taureg, and Mauritania Berber.

Don't forget South East and Southern Africa tends to have the highest amount of underived E3b, presumably dating back to paleolithic migration of Rift Valley Africans to both the North [horn] and South [cape].

The point is not to divide East from West, but only to distinguish fact from fiction where Tutsi origin is concerned.

There is no evidence they originate in Dynastic Egypt, or Ethiopia.

Europeans started this myth, not the Tutsi and not the Hutu. Other people just repeat it without proof or thought, which is the worse way to spread a rumor.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EriDjEthioSom
Member # 14399

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EriDjEthioSom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutsi were originally Massai type of people who use to rule the majority Bantu primitives in Central Africa. Bantu are the shame of Africa and they gave us all a bad image with their canibalism, Voodoo, Dudu, Zombies, Fufu and so on. They also look like apes. I am really sorry really that they hunted and eaten the poor pgmies into extintion. I am glad they don't live any where near to my country [Smile]
Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

^ Mod please remove the above and ban.

Other discussant should give the mod a chance to ban rather than reply.

EriDjEthioSom
Member # 14399

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EriDjEthioSom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ For expressing my views?
Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EriDjEthioSom:
^ For expressing my views?

Mayne, quit trolling the forum and get a life. Is ES now a troll's haven? This is annoying. If there's a drawback to this forum its that mods cannot immediately ban trolls like you you idiot.
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EriDjEthioSom
Member # 14399

Rate Member
^ Saying Bantus have hunted the small men pgmies inti extintion or they pranctise Voodoo and black magic isn't trolling my friend. It's a fact.
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for markellion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EriDjEthioSom: ^ Saying Bantus have hunted the small men pgmies inti extintion
Europeans brought pygmies back in cages and hunted Bushmen like animals.

quote:
or they pranctise Voodoo and black magic isn't trolling my friend. It's a fact.
Compare the so called evils done by voodoo with Christianity and Islam, plus voodoo priests are supposed to be healers not curse people
Posts: 2642 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for markellion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tutsi were originally Massai type of people who use to rule the majority Bantu primitives in Central Africa. Bantu are the shame of Africa

Bantus spread iron working technology and Civilization throughout Africa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/africa/features/storyofafrica/index_section16.shtml

4. The Bantu Migrations

Posts: 2642 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
I might be confused but aren’t most of Africa's civilizations Bantu?
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

A and E3b are rare among west Africans...your own sources say that and everyone knows it.

Like the studies posted here, that contradict you.

Tell me:

What is West Africa? Where does it begin and end?

quote:

There is a strong genetic homogeneity in WA as your article mentioned...you know better.

Try me. According to what study, telling us that only a single lineage is found in WA?

For a supposed African, you sure are quite ignorant of Africa.

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Tutsi were originally Massai type of people who use to rule the majority Bantu primitives in Central Africa. Bantu are the shame of Africa and they gave us all a bad image with their canibalism, Voodoo, Dudu, Zombies, Fufu and so on. They also look like apes. I am really sorry really that they hunted and eaten the poor pgmies into extintion. I am glad they don't live any where near to my country [Smile]

ROTFLMAO [Big Grin]

I'm sorry, but sometimes the studpidity is so great one can only laugh! Yet at the same time I am deeply disturbed and can only wonder what actual harm this guy is capable of! [Frown]

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by markellion:

quote:
Tutsi were originally Massai type of people who use to rule the majority Bantu primitives in Central Africa. Bantu are the shame of Africa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/africa/features/storyofafrica/index_section16.shtml

4. The Bantu Migrations

Correct. Before the Bantu expansions/migrations, Central and Southern Africans were living in the stone age.

-

^ Notice all the 'Bantu' kingdoms of Central and Southern Africa.

Also, this thread has already shown that Tutsi are and have been Bantu! They were not Nilotic nor Afrasian speaking groups from the Horn or the Nile Valley. This is proven through archaeology, linguistic, and genetics, not to mention the Tutsis' own oral histories!

As for the other nonsense of hunting and eating Pygmies to extinction,.. LMAO Well we know that is just crazy fantasy by our Bantu-phobic friend. [Big Grin]

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Which kingdoms on that map are Bantu, does it include west Africa like Mali as will as east/south Africa? The migrations started some where in modern eastern Nigeria right, so was Nok the originater?
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This map doesn't make sense.

If you are going to make a map of ancient societies then half of these names should be excluded.
But if your going the whole way to Medieval times then alot of soceties are missing.

I mean what the hell is "Lunda" "Lozi", "Luba" and "buganda", how old are these places? If they are from "middle ages" then why don't i see Moqdishu, Brava, Merka and Zeyla which were international trading cities in Somalia known from Persia to the whole of Middleaeast, Northern Africa, India and China.
Why don't i see the empires of Marocco such as Almoravid and Almohad that streched the whole way into European coasts like spain and sicily? And also Harar with it's walled city and
Mosques considered one of the holiest places of Islam?
Is this a Bantucentric map??

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AFRICA I         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Try me. According to what study, telling us that only a single lineage is found in WA?
That's what you said just in the above quote...quote me...
A and E3b haplogroups are rare among broad faced west Africans compare to broad faced Africans in East Africa...you are disgressing...the focus is on the origin of the tutsis...one poster reminded you about that...

Posts: 919 | From: AFRICA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis2:
I mean what the hell is "Lunda" "lozi" and "buganda", how old are these places? If they are from "middle age" times then why don't i see Moqdishu, Brava, Merka and Zeyla which were international trading cities in Somalia known from Persia to the whole of Middleaeast, Northern Africa, India and China.

Lunda was an established pre-colonial African empire, or confederation with its capital comprised of 175,000 inhabitants and a formidable military force. Medieval Somali consisted of as you put it.."trading cities".. The map is an overview of actual kingdoms and empires, not trading cities... Though curiously, the Swahili city-states are included, so you actually may have a point.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefar
Member # 13890

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Bantu are the shame of Africa and they gave us all a bad image with their canibalism, Voodoo, Dudu, Zombies, Fufu and so on."

lmao. This statement was so ignorant it was funny. [Big Grin]

Posts: 229 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
I have the impression that for many Somali:
Bantu = Black without Arab ancestry or something similar. The way they dump all Africans in that category is puzzling. I've been victim of that categorization by Yonis. But I think it's pure ignorance anyway. It's like anything that was not in contact with the Arabs is backward. It is pretty similar to the Northern Arab mentality but with a spin: they are Somalis not Arabs...

Nefar
Member # 13890

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^
I really don't think most Somalis think that way.
maybe a few especially on ES.

Posts: 229 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:

quote:
That's what you said just in the above quote...quote me...
A and E3b haplogroups are rare among broad faced west Africans compare to broad faced Africans in East Africa...you are disgressing...the focus is on the origin of the tutsis...one poster reminded you about that...

You've been exposed as a person who's clueless about Africa, but pretends to know something about it.
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
You can't eve quote me...you are not only clueless about Africans but also about your own sources..
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:
You can't eve quote me...

You'd find your nonesensical quote(s) in my response(s)which has been pulverized instantly, with no effective comeback from you or answers to the specific questions asked, but you are too incapacitated to take notice.
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
You pulverized yourself with your own sources...
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

My words have been marked, apparently:

with no effective comeback from you or answers to the specific questions asked; case in point:

quote:

You pulverized yourself with your own sources...

^The best you can do. A joke.
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sundiata:
Lunda was an established pre-colonial African empire, or confederation with its capital comprised of 175,000 inhabitants and a formidable military force. Medieval Somali consisted of as you put it.."trading cities"..

Moqdishu and other trade locations in Somalia were internationally known during the early middle ages from China to the Medditeranian Europe(that's why we have many somalis who can trace back their roots from Moqdishu to Iran,Iraq, india or whereever they think they came from but are somalilized in both culture and language), i don't think i can say the same international trade existed when it comes to "Lunda".
That's why i consider this map Bantucentric.

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
quote:
that's why we have many somalis who can trace back their roots from Moqdishu to Iran,Iraq, india or whereever they think they came from but are somalilized in both culture and language
Sheikh Darod came from Yemen...since you are Darod..you are probably from there as well...
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:

You can't eve quote me...you are not only clueless about Africans but also about your own sources...

You might think that a clueless non-African who babbles on about African issues is a bad thing, but it doesn't get as bad as a self-proclaimed African who is densely ignorant of Africa, and is exactly what he charges other posters with: a pristine Eurocentric parrot, who wouldn't know how genetic studies are supposed to be used, even if a pamphlet was thrown at you and hit your head like a ton of bricks.

Where are your answers to those primary school level questions I threw at you? That's right, you aren't intellectually equipped to answer them.

Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
that's why we have many somalis who can trace back their roots from Moqdishu to Iran,Iraq, india or whereever they think they came from but are somalilized in both culture and language
Sheikh Darod came from Yemen...since you are Darod..you are probably from there as well...
That's religious folklore, propagated by some clerics through centuries. Same things happends in indonesia and western China. You will never meet a Darod that considers himself as from anywhere than Somalia. Somalis especially Darods don't really like arabs, Arabs such as Saudis.
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:
Originally posted by markellion:

quote:

4. The Bantu Migrations

Only partly true, in that yes, iron technology was spread by Bantu migrations to the regions where they headed, but iron technology itself in West Africa predates this migration.

IRON IN AFRICA: REVISING THE HISTORY

24-06-2002 10:00 pm Paris - Africa developed its own iron industry some 5,000 years ago, according to a formidable new scientific work from UNESCO Publishing that challenges a lot of conventional thinking on the subject.

Iron technology did not come to Africa from western Asia via Carthage or Merowe as was long thought, concludes "Aux origines de la métallurgie du fer en Afrique, Une ancienneté méconnue: Afrique de l'Ouest et Afrique centrale". The theory that it was imported from somewhere else, which - the book points out - nicely fitted colonial prejudices, does not stand up in the face of new scientific discoveries, including the probable existence of one or more centres of iron-working in west and central Africa and the Great Lakes area.

The authors of this joint work, which is part of the "Iron Roads in Africa" project (see box), are distinguished archaeologists, engineers, historians, anthropologists and sociologists. As they trace the history of iron in Africa, including many technical details and discussion of the social, economic and cultural effects of the industry, they restore to the continent "this important yardstick of civilisation that it has been denied up to now," writes Doudou Diène, former head of UNESCO's Division of Intercultural Dialogue, who wrote the book's preface.

But the facts speak for themselves. Tests on material excavated since the 1980s show that iron was worked at least as long ago as 1500 BC at Termit, in eastern Niger, while iron did not appear in Tunisia or Nubia before the 6th century BC. At Egaro, west of Termit, material has been dated earlier than 2500 BC, which makes African metalworking contemporary with that of the Middle East.

The roots of metallurgy in Africa go very deep. However, French archaeologist Gérard Quéchon cautions that "having roots does not mean they are deeper than those of others," that "it is not important whether African metallurgy is the newest or the oldest" and that if new discoveries "show iron came from somewhere else, this would not make Africa less or more virtuous."

"In fact, only in Africa do you find such a range of practices in the process of direct reduction [a method in which metal is obtained in a single operation without smelting],and metal workers who were so inventive that they could extract iron in furnaces made out of the trunks of banana trees," says Hamady Bocoum, one of the authors.

This ingenuity was praised in the early 19th century by the Tunisian scholar Mohamed el-Tounsy, who told of travelling in Chad and Sudan and coming across spears and daggers made "with the skill of the English" and iron piping with "bends and twists like some European pipes, but more elegant and graceful and shining so brightly they seem to be made of silver." ...

Courtesy UNESCO.org

The theory that sub-Saharan Africa borrowed its iron technology from other cultures is no longer tenable. The fact is that the continent invented and developed its own iron metallurgy as far back as the third millennium B.C. -

Author(s) I.A. Akinjogbin, D.A. Aremu, H. Bocoum, P. de Maret, J.M. Essomba, P. Fluzin, J.F.Jemkur, L.-M. Maes Diop, B. Martinelli, G. Quéchon, E.E. Okafor, A. Person. Prefaced by Doudou Diène. Edited by Hamady Bocoum.
Book Binary File DossierPresse.pdf
Editor(s) UNESCO Publishing
Publication Date 01 Jan 2004

Discussed: Ancient Africa Timeline Index/Chronology

AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
quote:
Desperation
The act of despairing or becoming desperate; a giving up of hope.
A state of despair, or utter hopeless; abandonment of hope; extreme recklessness; reckless fury.

Henu
Member # 13490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just waiting on sammy to ban him, just ignore him (EriDjEthioSom).
Posts: 113 | From: Dayr al-Barsha | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Moqdishu and other trade locations in Somalia were internationally known during the early middle ages from China to the Medditeranian Europe(that's why we have many somalis who can trace back their roots from Moqdishu to Iran,Iraq, india or whereever they think they came from but are somalilized in both culture and language), i don't think i can say the same international trade existed when it comes to "Lunda".
That's why i consider this map Bantucentric.

Nobody said this map was perfect. Yes some kingdoms are missing-- like Garama of Libya-- and you have Carthate included even though it was a Phoenician colony. The map is mainly focused on urban kingdoms which Bantus did in fact have, but I seriously doubt the makers of the map are Bantu or the people involved "Bantucentric" since it was made in an American University.
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
quote:
I have the impression that for many Somali:
Bantu = Black without Arab ancestry or something similar. The way they dump all Africans in that category is puzzling. I've been victim of that categorization by Yonis. But I think it's pure ignorance anyway. It's like anything that was not in contact with the Arabs is backward. It is pretty similar to the Northern Arab mentality but with a spin: they are Somalis not Arabs...

Araweelo
Member # 14322

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Araweelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nadeed:
wally you're a congoid jareer. you have nothing to do with the tutsis or ancient egyptians or for that matter north africa.

so you can just drop all of these wild travel theories. however i have a travel "fact" for you. we east africans use to travel to west africa and capture adoons to sell to the west asians. so maybe you should go looking for your ancestors on the other side of the red sea. [Smile]

Please stop spreading you propaganda about Somalis traviling around central and southern Africa for catching slaves. [Mad]
You're a big lier.. I don't even think you're Somali.. Why're making Somalis look like fools and insulting our fellow Africans like that? The Arab Omanis and Yemenites brought Bnatus to Somalia because it was difficult to enslave nomads. Most of the decendants of these Arabs slavetrader who came to Somalia are the Reer XAmars(Benaadirs).. Read history loser.

Posts: 75 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Araweelo
Member # 14322

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Araweelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The kids on this picture look much like Somalis

-

Posts: 75 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Araweelo
Member # 14322

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Araweelo:
These kids on this picture look much like Somalis

-

It was this picture I tried to post..

-

Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]A and E3b haplogroups are rare among broad faced west Africans compare to broad faced Africans in East Africa...

Evergreen Writes:

Africa I, how are you defining "rare" in this case? What study are you using to assess these genes in broad faced Africans?

Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maahes
Member # 8482

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maahes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know an ambassador who is ethnic Tutsi. He claims that that the Tutsi are descendants of the Watusi.

--------------------
The seed cannot sprout upwards without simultaneously sending roots into the ground.

Posts: 152 | From: Boston MA USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Araweelo
Member # 14322

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
which Somalis have "obvious non black admixture"
Somalis are among the closest people to Yemen geographically, they lived side by side for thousands years...some have obvious foreign admixture, it's not only confined to the Banadir people...although genetic doesn't necessaraly correlate with phenotype, we cannot forget the fact that genetic sampling shows a frequency of 15% of West Asian ancestry among Somali on the Y chromosome side...the Banadir are less than 1% of the population.
 -

Somalis aren't mixed with Arabs. [Roll Eyes] We've no J lineage associated with Arabs! Perhaps the only Somalians with Arab ancestry are the Reer Xamars(Banadirs) and they are a minority.

Somalis mixed???????? You don't have any proofs for that.. That's BS.. Somalis are associated with Arabs only because we're Muslims. We're Cushitic Africans.. Cushitic Africans are older than Bantus why're you people yapping about us being mixed.. Cut that shi't please [Mad] ..

And not all Somalis have straight hair(not even most). We've our own unique look like all other African tribes have their own look. Somalis are tall with slender elongated bodies, long necks, high cheek bones, faces that are long and narrow, foreheads that are high and steep, noses that are narrow and straigt, thickness of the lips,skin that ranges from very light brown to almost Black, hair varies between wooly, curly, and straight. I could go on. Somalis look like Black Africans´. We've skinnier features than "most" Aficans.

Cushitic Africans have "predominant East African component (i.e. E3b)" and cushites like Somalis have a smaller percantage E3a too.

Araweelo
Member # 14322

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nefar:
^
I really don't think most Somalis think that way.
maybe a few especially on ES.

I agree with nefar... it's so stupid how some people are generalazing Somalis by some lonely fools who're trolling around this forum.
Araweelo
Member # 14322

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
ohh... I am Daarood... And I am not from Yemen or near that area. The Somalis you're talking about are Reer Xamars(mixed Somalis)like the Banaadirs and they're minority in Somalia(around 1%). They're not even considered Somalis back home.

By the way Darood was Jeberti and Jebertis are Habeshas and not Yemenites.. The only reason why some Somali clanes claim they've an Arab ancestors WHO CAME TO SOMALIA THOUSANDS YEARS AGO is because we're Muslims.. Yeah I said because we're Muslims.. There's Indoenesians and many other Muslims who claim they've Arab ancestor because they look up to them as Muslims. Get over all this Arab/Somali nonsense...

If Somalis are mixed with Arabs why haven't we changed our culture much like the northern sudanese, Swahili people etc. They adopted much Arab culture`??? Our culture are nothing Arabic.. Even our language is totally different from Arabic.. Somalia is one of the few African countries who still speak their African language as the official language.. Please move on from this Arab caucasian Somali nonsense.. Somalis are Black Africans with their own unique look period

Araweelo
Member # 14322

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
That's religious folklore, propagated by some clerics through centuries. Same things happends in indonesia and western China. You will never meet a Darod that considers himself as from anywhere than Somalia. Somalis especially Darods don't really like arabs, Arabs such as Saudis.
Thanx for explaining this.. Some people seem to not understand it..
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Araweelo, you're right. It's the same with Ethiopians. Yesterday I was on this other site arguing with this woman who believes all Ethiopians are mixed with Italian and Arab. She believes all East Africans before they all became mixed looked like the San and the Twa people. I tried to get her to come here so y'all could set her straight. She says that she is entitled to her beliefs. I'm like what an idiot. Your beliefs don't count. Science has already disproved your beliefs.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Araweelo
Member # 14322

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:
Araweelo, you're right. It's the same with Ethiopians. Yesterday I was on this other site arguing with this woman who believes all Ethiopians are mixed with Italian and Arab. She believes all East Africans before they all became mixed looked like the San and the Twa people. I tried to get her to come here so y'all could set her straight. She says that she is entitled to her beliefs. I'm like what an idiot. Your beliefs don't count. Science has already disproved your beliefs.

I even know some of our own people who think they're mixed because of their features but even though they think they're mixed they never relate to Arabs as some people on this thread think. I've discussed with many people on other forums and they're always comparing Horn Africans with other Africans tribes. They always try to say "oh you look lesser Africans than most Africans" or "you people are mixed with the slavetraders of East Africa" blah blah..

I showed these idiots DNA facts and scientific proofs that we arent mixed and even that isnt enough for them to understand HORN AFRICANS AREN'T MIXED. I am tired of explaining the same sh.it to people all the time. We're some of the oldest African tribes so how can our features be lesser African??

And the woman you discussed with is seriuosly retarded.. I mean why does she think we're mixed with San people? [Roll Eyes] Last time I checked there was no San people in east AFrica... By the way they're much lighter than us on average.. If we were mixed with them and Caucasians we would be very light.. What a ignorant [Roll Eyes]

And what is it with the Italians??? LooL... What's the next Ethiopians are part native Americans????

Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to answers.yahoo.com and type in Ethiopians and Somalis in the search engine. You will be shocked at the amount of dumb, ignorant questions and responses involving whether they're black or not.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HornAfrican
Member # 14279

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HornAfrican     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Araweelo:
quote:
quote:
ohh... I am Daarood... And I am not from Yemen or near that area. The Somalis you're talking about are Reer Xamars(mixed Somalis)like the Banaadirs and they're minority in Somalia(around 1%). They're not even considered Somalis back home.

By the way Darood was Jeberti and Jebertis are Habeshas and not Yemenites.. The only reason why some Somali clanes claim they've an Arab ancestors WHO CAME TO SOMALIA THOUSANDS YEARS AGO is because we're Muslims.. Yeah I said because we're Muslims.. There's Indoenesians and many other Muslims who claim they've Arab ancestor because they look up to them as Muslims. Get over all this Arab/Somali nonsense...

If Somalis are mixed with Arabs why haven't we changed our culture much like the northern sudanese, Swahili people etc. They adopted much Arab culture`??? Our culture are nothing Arabic.. Even our language is totally different from Arabic.. Somalia is one of the few African countries who still speak their African language as the official language.. Please move on from this Arab caucasian Somali nonsense.. Somalis are Black Africans with their own unique look period

With due all respect you don't know nothing about the Reer Xamar. Darood and Isaaq not only claim to have Arab origins, it's also source of pride for them. Saying they claim because of religion is a weak argument because Dir and Hawiye are Somali tribes and Muslims too their source of pride as a tribe unlike the Darood and Isaaq is being Samaale or original Somali.
Posts: 53 | From: Iran | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did you hear Darod was a Jeberti Araweelo? I've never heard this before.

--------------------
"Oh the sons of Ethiopia; observe with care; the country called Ethiopia is, first, your mother; second, your throne; third, your wife; fourth, your child; fifth, your grave." - Ras Alula Aba Nega.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com