EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Witness - Timbuktu Scribes (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Witness - Timbuktu Scribes
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by awlaadberry:

Have you or anyone you know of done DNA testing on a Fulani and compared it to the DNA of an Arab of the 7th century or before?

Yes, we have genealogical information on these people, and it doesn't support your claims about some 'Arab in wonderland' origin. Check the archives, newbie Arab. The question now is: do you have one that says different?
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for awlaadberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
Read the post I wrote to you, just before you ran away like some scared rodent, fantasizing about people being "prejudice against Arabs". This is what is called playing dumb - if you are going to use terms, at least learn to use them correctly.

Carefully read the question I just asked you and then answer me with a yes or a no.
Posts: 895 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kid, drop the distractions, and get to producing the materials being asked of you. You are obviously new here, which is why you have no idea who you are dealing with here. Distractions of amateurs are futile.

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for awlaadberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
kid, drop the distractions, and get to producing the materials being asked of you. You are obviously new here, which is why you have no idea who you are dealing with here. Distractions of amateurs are futile.

Is that a no?
Posts: 895 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

You are a total moron, you know that don't you. Have you skipped kindergarten reading class?

--------------------

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Have you or anyone you know of done DNA testing on a Fulani and compared it to the DNA of an Arab of the 7th century or before? If the answer is no, don't mention DNA again in this discussion. Is what I've just said clear?

Lol.. and you are.. who exactly?
Trying to puff up your chest and sound authoritive isn't going to help your case, nor is borrowing Gauls argument when your silly case is debunked. A few posts ago, you were questioning the usefullness of genetics, and now you use something that you know has not been done as your last way of saving your behind. I have heard these requests before, Hammer is quite fond of using them as he knows these kind of arguments can't be answered with present day data, or in his case, present day reluctance of mainstream historians to accept various neolithic African contributions in Greece. Using these kind of arguments however, only postpones the absolute demolishment of your arguments, because it certainly does not lend you or your positions credibility. No one credible in the 21st century will use local oral history when genetics are available as a more balanced and reliable way of discerning population origins.

Kalonji

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
quote:
You are a total moron, you know that don't you. Have you skipped kindergarten reading class?

Moron or whatever -- can you give me a direct yes/no answer to the question I asked you? If you can't, I have nothing further to say to you.
Explorador
Member # 14778

^I take it that this is your way of copping out...yet again. Can I get a yes or no?

If no, then attend to the requests. And no, I will not play along with your game of playing dumb. You know exactly what was said, and what your task is.

awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Kalonji:
quote:
Have you or anyone you know of done DNA testing on a Fulani and compared it to the DNA of an Arab of the 7th century or before? If the answer is no, don't mention DNA again in this discussion. Is what I've just said clear?

Lol.. and you are.. who exactly?
Trying to puff up your chest and sound authoritive isn't going to help your case, nor is borrowing Gauls argument when your silly case is debunked. A few posts ago, you were questioning the usefullness of genetics, and now you use something that you know has not been done as your last way of saving your behind. I have heard these requests before, Hammer is quite fond of using them as he knows these kind of arguments can't be answered with present day data, or in his case, present day reluctance of mainstream historians to accept various neolithic African contributions in Greece. Using these kind of arguments however, only postpones the absolute demolishment of your arguments, because it certainly does not lend you or your positions credibility. No one credible in the 21st century will use local oral history when genetics are available as a more balanced and reliable way of discerning population origins.

Kalonji

I asked you this question a long time ago and you never answered me. I asked you because YOU kept mentioning genetics and DNA testing as if you had something, but you have nothing so why are you mentioning DNA and genetics? Duhh!!!
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
You guys are pathetic.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Not only that, I'm also anti Arab right?
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

You guys are pathetic.

Translation: I am a beaten down Arab troll, and this is my best "exit" strategy. LOL
Asar Imhotep
Member # 14487

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asar Imhotep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he is the author of the the Unknown Arab, Dr. Wesley Muhammad uses that work as a resource for his Black Arabia the African Origins of Islam. Now I see why there are gaps in his analysis within that work. This is a travesty on all levels.
Posts: 853 | From: Houston | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AswaniAswad
Member # 16742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AswaniAswad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awlaad ya ikwan are u arab and from what country
Posts: 410 | From: Al-Ard | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AswaniAswad
Member # 16742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AswaniAswad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timbiktu is associated with Islamic history and there are some useful stuff in that library but over all im not even amazed at all. Arab and European History is the Most Distorted and Fake history i have come across.

Im Sorry ya Ikwan Awlaad but Masudi,Ibn Ishaq,Sahih Muslim, Sahih Bukhari are not authentic as most arabs and muslims think they are i have found many distorted things in Hadiths

Posts: 410 | From: Al-Ard | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AswaniAswad
Member # 16742

Rate Member
Ya Fulani Ya Binti Wa al Fenana aywa ya Hilwa lakin Fulani qiyama Fe Bet Arab
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by AswaniAswad:
Timbiktu is associated with Islamic history and there are some useful stuff in that library but over all im not even amazed at all. Arab and European History is the Most Distorted and Fake history i have come across.

Im Sorry ya Ikwan Awlaad but Masudi,Ibn Ishaq,Sahih Muslim, Sahih Bukhari are not authentic as most arabs and muslims think they are i have found many distorted things in Hadiths

Yes. I'm Arab from the tribe of Awlaad Berry. What about you? Why do you say that those books aren't authentic and do you realize that you would have to be a scholar of hadith to determine what is authentic and what isn't? And if you are a Muslim, let's keep this discussion amongst Muslims. Here is not the place.
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by AswaniAswad:
Ya Fulani Ya Binti Wa al Fenana aywa ya Hilwa lakin Fulani qiyama Fe Bet Arab

What is that? A song?
Anxious
Member # 13884

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Anxious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You guys are pathetic.

You have a lot of patience. I don't know how you put up with that for so long. It started giving me a headache about a page and a half ago.
Posts: 45 | From: New Jersey, USA for Now | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Anxious:
quote:
You guys are pathetic.

You have a lot of patience. I don't know how you put up with that for so long. It started giving me a headache about a page and a half ago.
I ask myself the same question...why did I waste so much of my valuable time on them?
Explorador
Member # 14778

Indeed, wasting valuable time trying to promote superstition in avenue that deals with scholarly material. Wish you all the best luck in finding an Islamic environment, where you will be more warmly received for promoting cultism over objectivity. [Smile]

--------------------

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy these Arabs are pathetic, LOL, They really want to link themselves to Africans, yet when they get the chance they will spout utter racial hatred of African people. Its like these Arabs can't let African people have anything. Damn. Also the Dumbass that said African Music and culture is Arab in origin should seriously be slapped...Man these arabs really are the Bastards of History...SAD.
Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else notice the mindset of the Arabs and Muslims??

You have the Internet Racists like Fawal that come here and other sites spweing hatred of blacks and Africans, talking about African culture being primitive and black I.Q and pretty much on his knees crying and rejoycing becuase he can select Caucasian on a U.S census box..LMAO Pathetic yet when you meet Arabs they are always setting up shop in black communities, all up in our faces becuase they know no one sees these Desert renegade nomads as White nor as anything special. They realize the only people who give a damn about Arabs are black Muslims(To their dissapintment) rather than whites or latinos.

Then you have the disillusioned black Muslims like Abed who wants to be Arab secretly so he will endorse what his Arab Masters says is true. He will edorse the Idea of Arab besoying culture on Africans despite the fact that Africans had high culture while Arabs were roaming their wastelands in Arabia wiping their Arse with leaves and sand.

Then you have the fully Arabized ones like Aswani who make claims that the Taureg are Arabs lol, and are Arab apologetics when it comes to the fact that these Desert dwellers enslaved high numbers of Africans.

Sad, The only Muslim I had a decent conversation with was a an African American brother..LOL. Hell, even Yonis has some Somali(African) Pride...I mean Is Islam really that Arabcentric that the brothers behave the way they do?

Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

These are full-blown Arabs you are dealing with.

--------------------

Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:
Originally posted by Jari-Ankhamun:

You have the Internet Racists like Fawal that come here and other sites spweing hatred of blacks and Africans, talking about African culture being primitive and black I.Q and pretty much on his knees crying and rejoycing becuase he can select Caucasian on a U.S census box..LMAO Pathetic yet when you meet Arabs they are always setting up shop in black communities, all up in our faces becuase they know no one sees these Desert renegade nomads as White nor as anything special. They realize the only people who give a damn about Arabs are black Muslims(To their dissapintment) rather than whites or latinos.

Frankly, I haven't held any animosity towards Arabs for as far as I can remember; in fact, I've generally sympathized with them, especially pertaining to issues where oppression is concerned, like how they soon became targets of "racial-profiling" in the aftermath of September 11th, 2001 events, what's happening to Palestinians under Israeli state-military complex, not to leave out the fate of Iraqis. But as of late, these internet chit chats are beginning to change my perceptions of them greatly -- i.e. vile anti-black/African racism *ironically* mixed with culture-pirating of African culture--and for the negative. These internet chit chats are increasingly convincing me that my sympathy had thus far been greatly misplaced, and needs to be diverted to the appropriate direction.
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jari-Ankhamun says,

''You have the Internet Racists like Fawal that come here and other sites spweing hatred of blacks and Africans, talking about African culture being primitive and black I.Q and pretty much on his knees crying and rejoycing becuase he can select Caucasian on a U.S census box..LMAO Pathetic yet when you meet Arabs they are always setting up shop in black communities, all up in our faces becuase they know no one sees these Desert renegade nomads as White nor as anything special. They realize the only people who give a damn about Arabs are black Muslims(To their dissapintment) rather than whites or latinos.''

Can I get an amen up in here on this.

Explorer:

''But as of late, these internet chit chats are beginning to change my perceptions of them greatly -- i.e. vile anti-black/African racism *ironically* mixed with culture-pirating of African culture--and for the negative. These internet chit chats are increasingly convincing me that my sympathy had thus far been greatly misplaced, and needs to be diverted to the appropriate direction.''

It's difficult to remain objective in light of some of these recent posters. Extremely difficult.

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grumman
It's difficult to remain objective in light of some of these recent posters. Extremely difficult.

Yes but we must try ...I for one don't believe in writing off whole groups of people based on the actions of some.. even the many.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet we cannot ignore this prejudicial appeal to
an out-group solidarity barring the majority of
this forum's membership, particularly those who
are contributing thoughtful critique.

quote:
Yes. I'm Arab from the tribe of Awlaad Berry. What about you? ... And if you
are a Muslim, let's keep this discussion amongst Muslims. Here is not the place.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
I knew that my senses weren't deceiving me when I said that I was beginning to smell here the smell of racial prejudice against Arabs. I can smell racial prejudice from a mile away --- and it stinks!
Explorador
Member # 14778

Funny, I was about to say that I knew that my senses weren't deceiving me when I said that you are all about promoting a dogmatic agenda, passing superstitious instincts off as something objective. This is why you are handicapped in addressing the counter points thrown at you, in tandem with requests for material support on your end. Playing dumb, by asking questions like what is Africa or coming up with phantom charges of prejudice does not hide this. I can smell radical theological cultism and sinisterism from a mile away --- and boy, it stinks!

--------------------

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jari-Ankhamun:

Frankly, I haven't held any animosity towards Arabs for as far as I can remember; in fact, I've generally sympathized with them, especially pertaining to issues where oppression is concerned, like how they soon became targets of "racial-profiling" in the aftermath of September 11th, 2001 events, what's happening to Palestinians under Israeli state-military complex, not to leave out the fate of Iraqis. But as of late, these internet chit chats are beginning to change my perceptions of them greatly -- i.e. vile anti-black/African racism *ironically* mixed with culture-pirating of African culture--and for the negative. These internet chit chats are increasingly convincing me that my sympathy had thus far been greatly misplaced, and needs to be diverted to the appropriate direction.
Brother, let me tell you I was in your shoes after 9-11 due to the overt racism against Arabs here in San Antonio and around the South. After 9-11 I saw whites(Mainly White but some Hispanics and blacks as well.) in droves very openly displaying hatred for Arabs and in person I heard them talk about Islam and how backward Arabs are and Islamic culture is. I saw soldiers on line Bragging about killing Arabs(White soldiers) and how blacks are in with the Arabs by protesting the war. I sypathized with them the way I sympathized with the Native Americans and Hispanics. I started posting on Topics displaying my point of veiw on Arab Racism, but to my suprize I came into Arab posters who came and spewed racism against blacks, not just AA but AFRICANS, Somalis, Ethiopians, West Africans..etc. Abdeed this Abeed that, hell I did'nt know what Abdeed was until a Somali poster explained it and the racism of Arabs toward Somali and other African people.

So I was like well maybe they are white folks pretending to be Arabs and Muslims. Then I go to other sites, Arabs spewing the smae non sense, I end up even on Stormfront and an arab poster there Spews Racism against blacks then in another thread talks about Black Muslims are welcome in arabia its just Jews they hate being all cool when a Black Poster there called him out on his African Racism.

Honestly I don't hate Arabs, I just don't care for them. If Islam had not impacted so many African Brothers I would not even spend a single minute of my life researching Islam. Im telling you Arabs in one voice will spew hatred of Blacks in the next latch on to African culture and smile in your face talking about how black Muslims are brothers etc. I have no care for them, I don't care what the Jews and Americans and Brits. are doing to them, To me they want to be White So bad Go embrace their European, Jewish and American bretheren. I don't care about racism against Arabs, When Blacks were standing up for our rights Where were the Arabs?? So let them stand up to their Bretheren on their own. Now other Minorities I don't experince this from, so I do care for them.

Thats my take on it.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
I knew that my senses weren't deceiving me when I said that I was beginning to smell here the smell of racial prejudice against Arabs. I can smell racial prejudice from a mile away --- and it stinks!

You can't take away what I experience against Arabs for the last 5 or 6 yrs. The problem with you Arabs is you honestly can't see Africans as being original or creating anything on their own. You are like White Nationalists in "Brown" face or what ever color you people are now claiming you are. You think Africans are primitive, Lets be honest here, and Africans needed you people Who If I am not Mistaken Don't have anything of Arab origin that can even compare to African civilization.

Africans did not need some Sand dwelling renegades to help us create civilization. African have the oldest cultures going back to those of the Nile Valley and many across Africa. You claim that African Music is Arab music..LMAO, next thing we know you and other Arabs will talk about African sitting around dancing and singing all day..LOL. Trully SAD.

Go latch and leech off someone else's culture, go Brag about being able to check caucasian on the U.S census Box like your other brother ARABS. You lost this conversation two pages ago when an african FROM Timbuctou adressed your non sense. I will believe a poster FROM Africa.

Doctoris Scientia
Member # 17454

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctoris Scientia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes. The Habashat are from the Yemen. [/QB]
The Habashat are from the Horn of Africa, not Yemen!

"In the past, scholars like Hiob Ludolf and Carlo Conti Rossini postulated that the ancient communities that evolved into the modern Ethiopian state were formed by a migration across the Red Sea of Semitic-speaking South Arabians around 1000 BC who intermarried with local non-Semitic-speaking peoples. Indeed, the ancient Ethiopian kingdom of Aksum ruled much of Southern Arabia including Yemen until the rise of Islam in the 7th century, and both the indigenous languages of Southern Arabia and the Amharic and Tigrinya languages of Ethiopia are South Semitic languages. However, the ancient Semitic language of Ethiopia, is now known to not have derived from Sabaean, and there is evidence of a Semitic speaking presence in Ethiopia and Eritrea at least as early as 2000 BC. There is also evidence of ancient Southern Arabian communities in modern day Ethiopia and Eritrea in certain localities, attested by some archaeological artifacts and ancient Sabaean inscriptions in the old South Arabian alphabet. However, scholars like Stuart Munro-Hay point to the existence of an older D’mt or Da'amot kingdom, prior to any Sabaean migration ca. 4th or 5th c. BC, as well as evidence of to Sabaean immigrants having resided in Ethiopia for little more than a few decades. Furthermore, there is archeological evidence of a region in Northern Ethiopia and Eritrea also called Saba, now referred to as Ethiopian Saba to avoid confusion."

"There is little archaeological evidence to verify the story of the Queen of Sheba — and the longstanding presumption that Sabaean migrants had played a direct role in Ethiopian civilization has recently come under attack. Sabaean influence is speculated by some recent authors to have been minor, limited to a few localities, and disappearing after a few decades or a century, perhaps representing a trading or military colony in some sort of symbiosis or military alliance with the Ethiopian civilization of D`mt."

"Traditional scholarship has assumed that the Habashat were a tribe from modern-day Yemen that migrated to Ethiopia. However, the Southern Semetic inscriptions only use the term ḥbšt to the refer to the Kingdom of Aksum and its inhabitants, especially during the 3rd c., when the ḥbšt (Aksumites) were often at war with the Sabaeans and Himyraites."

"The Sabaean theory was the most common one explaining the origins of the "Habashat" (Habesha) before the 20th century. It was first suggested by Hiob Ludolf and revived by early 20th century Italian scholar Conti Rossini. The theory states that at an early epoch South Arabian tribes, including one called the "Habashat" emigrated to the opposite African coast. According to this theory, Sabaeans brought with them South Arabian letters and language, which gradually evolved into the Ge'ez language and Ge'ez alphabet. However, though the Ge'ez alphabet did develop from Epigraphic South Arabian (whose oldest inscriptions are found in both Ethiopia and Eritrea), it is now known that Ge'ez is not descended from any of the Old South Arabian languages."

"In the large corpus of South Arabian inscriptions, however, there has never been mention of migration to the west coast of the Red Sea, nor of a tribe called "Habashat." All uses of the term date to the 3rd century AD and later, where they are always used in reference to the people of the Kingdom of Aksum. In recent times, this theory has largely been abandoned."

"The earliest inscriptions in the alphabet date to the 9th century BC in Akkele Guzay, Eritrea and in the 8th century BC, found in Babylonia and in Yemen."

"Aksum was previously thought to have been founded by Semitic-speaking Sabaeans who crossed the Red Sea from South Arabia (modern Yemen) on the basis of Conti Rossini's theories and prolific work on Ethiopian history—but most scholars now agree that it was an indigenous African development."

--------------------
Doctoris Scientia

Posts: 341 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctoris Scientia
Member # 17454

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctoris Scientia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anxious:
quote:
You guys are pathetic.

Rolling eyes!!
Posts: 341 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Doctoris Scientia:
quote:
Yes. The Habashat are from the Yemen.

"In the past, scholars like Hiob Ludolf and Carlo Conti Rossini postulated that the ancient communities that evolved into the modern Ethiopian state were formed by a migration across the Red Sea of Semitic-speaking South Arabians around 1000 BC who intermarried with local non-Semitic-speaking peoples. Indeed, the ancient Ethiopian kingdom of Aksum ruled much of Southern Arabia including Yemen until the rise of Islam in the 7th century, and both the indigenous languages of Southern Arabia and the Amharic and Tigrinya languages of Ethiopia are South Semitic languages. However, the ancient Semitic language of Ethiopia, is now known to not have derived from Sabaean, and there is evidence of a Semitic speaking presence in Ethiopia and Eritrea at least as early as 2000 BC. There is also evidence of ancient Southern Arabian communities in modern day Ethiopia and Eritrea in certain localities, attested by some archaeological artifacts and ancient Sabaean inscriptions in the old South Arabian alphabet. However, scholars like Stuart Munro-Hay point to the existence of an older D’mt or Da'amot kingdom, prior to any Sabaean migration ca. 4th or 5th c. BC, as well as evidence of to Sabaean immigrants having resided in Ethiopia for little more than a few decades. Furthermore, there is archeological evidence of a region in Northern Ethiopia and Eritrea also called Saba, now referred to as Ethiopian Saba to avoid confusion."

"There is little archaeological evidence to verify the story of the Queen of Sheba — and the longstanding presumption that Sabaean migrants had played a direct role in Ethiopian civilization has recently come under attack. Sabaean influence is speculated by some recent authors to have been minor, limited to a few localities, and disappearing after a few decades or a century, perhaps representing a trading or military colony in some sort of symbiosis or military alliance with the Ethiopian civilization of D`mt."

"Traditional scholarship has assumed that the Habashat were a tribe from modern-day Yemen that migrated to Ethiopia. However, the Southern Semetic inscriptions only use the term ḥbšt to the refer to the Kingdom of Aksum and its inhabitants, especially during the 3rd c., when the ḥbšt (Aksumites) were often at war with the Sabaeans and Himyraites."

"The Sabaean theory was the most common one explaining the origins of the "Habashat" (Habesha) before the 20th century. It was first suggested by Hiob Ludolf and revived by early 20th century Italian scholar Conti Rossini. The theory states that at an early epoch South Arabian tribes, including one called the "Habashat" emigrated to the opposite African coast. According to this theory, Sabaeans brought with them South Arabian letters and language, which gradually evolved into the Ge'ez language and Ge'ez alphabet. However, though the Ge'ez alphabet did develop from Epigraphic South Arabian (whose oldest inscriptions are found in both Ethiopia and Eritrea), it is now known that Ge'ez is not descended from any of the Old South Arabian languages."

"In the large corpus of South Arabian inscriptions, however, there has never been mention of migration to the west coast of the Red Sea, nor of a tribe called "Habashat." All uses of the term date to the 3rd century AD and later, where they are always used in reference to the people of the Kingdom of Aksum. In recent times, this theory has largely been abandoned."

"The earliest inscriptions in the alphabet date to the 9th century BC in Akkele Guzay, Eritrea and in the 8th century BC, found in Babylonia and in Yemen."

"Aksum was previously thought to have been founded by Semitic-speaking Sabaeans who crossed the Red Sea from South Arabia (modern Yemen) on the basis of Conti Rossini's theories and prolific work on Ethiopian history—but most scholars now agree that it was an indigenous African development." [/QB]

This is what you call talking loud and saying nothing. Wow! What ignorance!

"indigenous African development"

"The Habashat are from the Horn of Africa, not Yemen"

"both the indigenous languages of Southern Arabia and the Amharic and Tigrinya languages of Ethiopia are South Semitic languages"

"though the Ge'ez alphabet did develop from Epigraphic South Arabian (whose oldest inscriptions are found in both Ethiopia and Eritrea), it is now known that Ge'ez is not descended from any of the Old South Arabian languages"

"there is evidence of a Semitic speaking presence in Ethiopia and Eritrea at least as early as 2000 BC"

?????

Doctoris Scientia
Member # 17454

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yes. The Habashat are from the Yemen.

"Aksum was previously thought to have been founded by Semitic-speaking Sabaeans who crossed the Red Sea from South Arabia (modern Yemen) on the basis of Conti Rossini's theories and prolific work on Ethiopian history—but most scholars now agree that it was an indigenous African development."

This is what you call talking loud and saying nothing. Wow! What ignorance!

"both the indigenous languages of Southern Arabia and the Amharic and Tigrinya languages of Ethiopia are South Semitic languages"

"though the Ge'ez alphabet did develop from Epigraphic South Arabian (whose oldest inscriptions are found in both Ethiopia and Eritrea), it is now known that Ge'ez is not descended from any of the Old South Arabian languages"

"there is evidence of a Semitic speaking presence in Ethiopia and Eritrea at least as early as 2000 BC"

????? [/QB]

It's so obvious that you are so significantly unaware of the historical, genetic, linguistical, and cultural contexts that are required in order to actually understand any of our postings and replies.

The Habashat developed from an indigenous African cultural complex, it wasn't an offshot of any Southern Arabian populations.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^EXACTLY

I chose to not respond but that was my exact thought when reading his post. He is in complete utter darkness, he is an amature really. His confusion in direct response to your post shows this. He is in no position to teach other people the origins of ANY people. I love this, we should put more so called scholars to the test like this, so we know who the person is behind their books. Any douchebag can write a book. I wish we could invite Brace, Snowden etc to this forum. LOL. Brace and collegues, if you're reading this, come to this forum with your true Negro subscription, and your name in your handle and you will be toast!!

Kalonji

awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
It's so obvious that you have no idea whatsoever of what you are talking about. Habashat developed from an indigenous "African" cultural complex???? Is that why they speak a Semitic language?! Since you are copying things from Wikipedia, read this:

"South Semitic is one of the three macro-classifications in Semitic linguistics, the other two being East Semitic (e.g. Akkadian) and West Semitic (e.g. Arabic, Aramaic, Hebrew). Semitic itself is considered a branch of the larger Afro-Asiatic language family found, as indicated in the name, both in (northern and eastern) Africa and (southwestern) Asia. (See Joseph Greenberg's classification of African languages.)

South Semitic is again divided into two main branches: South Arabian, on the southern coast of the Arabian Peninsula, and Ethiopian Semitic, found across the Red Sea in the Horn of Africa, mainly in modern Ethiopia and Eritrea. The Ethiopian Semitic languages have by far the greatest numbers of modern native speakers. Eritrea's main languages are mainly Tigrinya and Tigre which are North Ethiopic languages while Amharic (South Ethiopic) is the main language spoken in Ethiopia (along with Tigrinya in the northern province of Tigray). Southern Arabian languages have withered at the expense of the more dominant Arabic (also a Semitic language) for more than a millennium. The Ethnologue lists six modern members of the South Arabian branch and 14 members of the Ethiopian branch.

The "homeland" of the South Semitic languages is widely debated, but is no longer believed to have been Northern Ethiopia and Eritrea or the southwest corner of the Arabian Peninsula. The modern and historic presence of South Semitic Ethiopian languages (and Ethiopic script) in Africa is believed by some to be due to a migration of South Arabian speakers from Yemen within the last few thousand years. Such a migration is a "backwards" one in that Afro-Asiatic languages arose in Africa originally and moved into the Middle East and Arabian Peninsula in the form of Proto-Semitic, since all major branches of the larger Afro-Asiatic are found in Africa. Older research, such as A. Murtonen (1967), and Lionel Bender (1997)[1], suggesting that Semitic may have originated in Ethiopia, has been disproven by more recent research by some of its earliest defenders.[2]"

You will know nothing about the history of the people in the area until you first know the descriptions of the people in the area in the past. You will never know anything about the history of the people in the area until you stop comparing apples and oranges. You will never know anything about the people in the area until you tear down that wall in your head that was built by the European colonists and missionaries. So in the words of Ronald Reagan, TEAR DOWN THAT WALL!

Doctoris Scientia
Member # 17454

Rate Member
quote:
Is that why they speak a Semitic language?! Since you are copying things from Wikipedia, read this:

"South Semitic is one of the three macro-classifications in Semitic linguistics, the other two being East Semitic (e.g. Akkadian) and West Semitic (e.g. Arabic, Aramaic, Hebrew). Semitic itself is considered a branch of the larger Afro-Asiatic language family found, as indicated in the name, both in (northern and eastern) Africa and (southwestern) Asia. (See Joseph Greenberg's classification of African languages.)

South Semitic is again divided into two main branches: South Arabian, on the southern coast of the Arabian Peninsula, and Ethiopian Semitic, found across the Red Sea in the Horn of Africa, mainly in modern Ethiopia and Eritrea. The Ethiopian Semitic languages have by far the greatest numbers of modern native speakers. Eritrea's main languages are mainly Tigrinya and Tigre which are North Ethiopic languages while Amharic (South Ethiopic) is the main language spoken in Ethiopia (along with Tigrinya in the northern province of Tigray). Southern Arabian languages have withered at the expense of the more dominant Arabic (also a Semitic language) for more than a millennium. The Ethnologue lists six modern members of the South Arabian branch and 14 members of the Ethiopian branch.

The "homeland" of the South Semitic languages is widely debated, but is no longer believed to have been Northern Ethiopia and Eritrea or the southwest corner of the Arabian Peninsula. The modern and historic presence of South Semitic Ethiopian languages (and Ethiopic script) in Africa is believed by some to be due to a migration of South Arabian speakers from Yemen within the last few thousand years. Such a migration is a "backwards" one in that Afro-Asiatic languages arose in Africa originally and moved into the Middle East and Arabian Peninsula in the form of Proto-Semitic, since all major branches of the larger Afro-Asiatic are found in Africa. Older research, such as A. Murtonen (1967), and Lionel Bender (1997)[1], suggesting that Semitic may have originated in Ethiopia, has been disproven by more recent research by some of its earliest defenders.[2]"

You will know nothing about the history of the people in the area until you first know the descriptions of the people in the area in the past. You will never know anything about the history of the people in the area until you stop comparing apples and oranges. You will never know anything about the people in the area until you tear down that wall in your head that was built by the European colonists and missionaries. So in the words of Ronald Reagan, TEAR DOWN THAT WALL! [/QB]

So what, the Semitic languages belongs to the Afrasan linguistic phylum one of the four grouped African language groups. The fact that an AFRICAN population speaks a Semitic language shouldn't be odd. The question should be..

Why do populations, living in ancient and present day Southwest Asia, speak variants of the Semitic language group, an AFRICAN language group?

Non-African Semitic speakers, i.e. Isrealis, Arabs.etc , also posses moderate levels of African ancestry, which in large part can be attributed to the expansion of Semitic languages into Southwest Asia via Africa.

"The modern and historic presence of South Semitic Ethiopian languages (and Ethiopic script) in Africa is believed by some to be due to a migration of South Arabian speakers from Yemen within the last few thousand years."

This is no longer a valid theory, all of the evidence points to an indigenous development.

"Furthermore, Ge'ez, the ancient Semitic language of Eritrea and Ethiopia, is now known not to have derived from Sabaean, and there is evidence of a Semitic speaking presence in Ethiopia and Eritrea at least as early as 2000 BC."

"The earliest evidence of agriculture, urban settlement and trade in Eritrea was found in the western region of the country consisting of archaeological remains dating back to 3500 BC in sites called the Gash group. Based on the archaeological evidence, there seems to have been a connection between the peoples of the Gash group and the civilizations of the Nile Valley namely Ancient Egypt and Nubia."

Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nowhere in Africa is the Y chromosomes 100% E1b1a for the Fulbo. Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon, Sudan and eastwards there is a high amount of R-M173. This is the signature Fulbe Y chromosome. They also have T (formerly K2).

The B'nei Yishmael ben Avraham = pure Arabs' signature Y chromosome is J1.

Here is the distribution if J1:

http://sites.google.com/site/dandraghici/J1.jpg

Wikipedia's J1 page says:

North Africa
In North Africa, J1 first entered Ethiopia with the spread of Semitic speakers[citation needed] Eritrea (11%), Ethiopia (9%), Ethiopia-Amhara (33.3%). It spread later to North Africa in historic times (as identified by the motif YCAIIa22-YCAIIb22; Algerians 35.0%, Tunisians 31%), where it became something like a marker of the Semitic expansion in the early medieval period [19]. J1 also seems to be found with high frequency in the northern parts of Sudan (Arabs 45%, Nubians 41%, Copts 39%, Beja 36%), and present with lower frequency in the region of Darfur (Masalit 6%, Fur 6%).[20] Haplogroup J1 may be found in as many as 20% of Egyptian males,[21] with the frequency of this haplogroup tending to be comparatively high in the south of the country.[22]

--------------------------------

I did not want to post about the iTargi (Tuaregs).

The Speakers of Tamasheq (Kel Tamasheq) = iTargi,
have many origins. Hence, many kels. Some of the ruling castes or Imouchar are of Arab origin. Yet, when they came into Africa, Islam did not exist. They are descendants of people from the Middle East who where Jewish and Christian.

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctoris Scientia
Member # 17454

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Red, White, and Blue + Christian:
Nowhere in Africa is the Y chromosomes 100% E1b1a for the Fulbo. Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon, Sudan and eastwards there is a high amount of R-M173. This is the signature Fulbe Y chromosome. They also have T (formerly K2).

The B'nei Yishmael ben Avraham = pure Arabs' signature Y chromosome is J1.

Here is the distribution if J1:

http://sites.google.com/site/dandraghici/J1.jpg

Wikipedia's J1 page says:

North Africa
In North Africa, J1 first entered Ethiopia with the spread of Semitic speakers[citation needed] Eritrea (11%), Ethiopia (9%), Ethiopia-Amhara (33.3%). It spread later to North Africa in historic times (as identified by the motif YCAIIa22-YCAIIb22; Algerians 35.0%, Tunisians 31%), where it became something like a marker of the Semitic expansion in the early medieval period [19]. J1 also seems to be found with high frequency in the northern parts of Sudan (Arabs 45%, Nubians 41%, Copts 39%, Beja 36%), and present with lower frequency in the region of Darfur (Masalit 6%, Fur 6%).[20] Haplogroup J1 may be found in as many as 20% of Egyptian males,[21] with the frequency of this haplogroup tending to be comparatively high in the south of the country.[22]

--------------------------------

I did not want to post about the iTargi (Tuaregs).

The Speakers of Tamasheq (Kel Tamasheq) = iTargi,
have many origins. Hence, many kels. Some of the ruling castes or Imouchar are of Arab origin. Yet, when they came into Africa, Islam did not exist. They are descendants of people from the Middle East who where Jewish and Christian.

E3b was reported to be found at 100% amoung Fulani speakers in Nigeria and 71% amoung Fulani speakers in Niger. It reached the high 60% amoung Tuareg speakers in Niger, as well. E3a, by far signifies the overall Fulani paternal genological gene-pool.

African R is only found amoung Fulani speakers at significant amounts in Cameroon and Sudan, possiably due to interaction between them and indigenous Chadic and Nilo-Saharan groups. T has been reported amoung Sudanese Fulani speakers.

Haplogroups cann't be ethnically classified, Haplogroup J is found amoung Gulf Arabs at significant levels; but it's also found amoung other non-Arab populations who lack Arab admixture.

"J1 also seems to be found with high frequency in the northern parts of Sudan (Arabs 45%, Nubians 41%, Copts 39%, Beja 36%), and present with lower frequency in the region of Darfur (Masalit 6%, Fur 6%). Haplogroup J1 may be found in as many as 20% of Egyptian males, with the frequency of this haplogroup tending to be comparatively high in the south of the country."

^ my point, therefore either indicating an African origin for J1-M267, as it's found in Africa in a south-north cline or a pre-historic migration of a small band of "African associated Eurasians" ( genetically and physically related to continental Africans) into Africa.

"Haplogroup J, characterized by the mutation 12f2.1, has been found at a frequency of approximately 18% in Ethiopians, with a relatively higher prevalence among the Amhara, where it has been found to exist at levels as high as 35% , of which about 33% is of the type J-M267, almost all of which was acquired during Neolithic times or earlier, while 2% is of the derived J-M172 type representing admixture due to recent and historic migrations."

This makes sence, the recent Tishkoff study found non-African OR ancient Saharan admixture amoung Ethiopians at approximately -2%.

"The Speakers of Tamasheq (Kel Tamasheq) = iTargi,have many origins. Hence, many kels. Some of the ruling castes or Imouchar are of Arab origin. Yet, when they came into Africa, Islam did not exist. They are descendants of people from the Middle East who where Jewish and Christian."

This goes against recent studies done on the Tuareg, there is no evidence of an Arab ruling class amoung the Tuareg.

The Tuareg are thought to be predominately the descendants of several ancient Saharo-Sudanic groups, for example: the Garamantes, who later intergrated into more southern Saharan/Sahel populations.

"The Tuareg are probably descended from ancient Saharan peoples described by Herodotus. He described the ancient Libyan people of the kingdom of the Garamantes, of which archaeological evidence is found in the ruins of Germa."

awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Is that why they speak a Semitic language?! Since you are copying things from Wikipedia, read this:

You will know nothing about the history of the people in the area until you first know the descriptions of the people in the area in the past. You will never know anything about the history of the people in the area until you stop comparing apples and oranges. You will never know anything about the people in the area until you tear down that wall in your head that was built by the European colonists and missionaries. So in the words of Ronald Reagan, TEAR DOWN THAT WALL!

So what, the Semitic languages belongs to the Afrasan linguistic phylum one of the four grouped African language groups. The fact that an AFRICAN population speaks a Semitic language shouldn't be odd. The question should be..

Why do populations, living in ancient and present day Southwest Asia, speak variants of the Semitic language group, an AFRICAN language group?

Non-African Semitic speakers, i.e. Isrealis, Arabs.etc , also posses moderate levels of African ancestry, which in large part can be attributed to the expansion of Semitic languages into Southwest Asia via Africa.

"The modern and historic presence of South Semitic Ethiopian languages (and Ethiopic script) in Africa is believed by some to be due to a migration of South Arabian speakers from Yemen within the last few thousand years."

This is no longer a valid theory, all of the evidence points to an indigenous development.

"Furthermore, Ge'ez, the ancient Semitic language of Eritrea and Ethiopia, is now known not to have derived from Sabaean, and there is evidence of a Semitic speaking presence in Ethiopia and Eritrea at least as early as 2000 BC."

"The earliest evidence of agriculture, urban settlement and trade in Eritrea was found in the western region of the country consisting of archaeological remains dating back to 3500 BC in sites called the Gash group. Based on the archaeological evidence, there seems to have been a connection between the peoples of the Gash group and the civilizations of the Nile Valley namely Ancient Egypt and Nubia." [/QB]

Here we go again! Throwing the term "African" at me again. A term which - when speaking about history - has absolutely NO MEANING. So are you saying now that Semites are "Africans"?! STOP IT! JUST STOP IT! Because what you are doing now is proving yourself to be a complete dunce. You do realize that Semite/Semitic means from Sam the son of Noah, don't you? Just checking.
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jari-Ankhamun wrote:

---------------------------
[Caterwauling as usual]
---------------------------

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Ima gonna cry like child cause I thinks they don't be likens me.

<sniff, sniff> Tissue Jari? : ) HA HA HA HEEEEEE!

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Explorer aka "MA DICK" wrote:
-------------------------------------
But as of late, these internet chit chats are beginning to change my perceptions of them greatly
-------------------------------------

Well then maybe your dumb non-degreed ass needs to turn off the computer and step into the real world.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Semitic means no such thing. Semitic is a linguistic term.
Shem is a biblical term. The linguistic term derives from
the biblical term but is not synonymous.

Canaanitic is a Semitic language but K*na`an isn't a son of Shem.

`Eylam is a son of Shem but Elamitic is a non-Semitic language.

quote:
... what you are doing now is proving yourself to be a complete dunce. You do realize that Semite/Semitic means from Sam the son of Noah, don't you? Just checking.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
 -

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

quote:
... what you are doing now is proving yourself to be a complete dunce. You do realize that Semite/Semitic means from Sam the son of Noah, don't you? Just checking.

Semitic means from Sam (Shem) the son of Noah. It's a no-brainer!
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Semitic means from Sam (Shem) the son of Noah. It's a no-brainer!
And the Caananites are the Semitic descendants of the Amalikites.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
K*na`an is the fourth son of Hham.

Canaanites were not Shemites.

Canaanitic is a Semitic language.

Semite does not equal Shemite.

I explained this to you earlier.
But as an enthusiast you have
no concern about precision in
terminology. I leave you to
your enthusiasm over Arabs
and your non-parsimonious
propositins.

You will find that at this
forum the respected posters
check enthusiasm at the door
and apply a multidisciplinary
approach to our studies.

We don't preach, we teach.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
K*na`an is the fourth son of Hham.

Canaanites were not Shemites.

Canaanitic is a Semitic language.

Semite does not equal Shemite.

I explained this to you earlier.
But as an enthusiast you have
no concern about precision in
terminology. I leave you to
your enthusiasm over Arabs
and your non-parsimonious
propositins.

You will find that at this
forum the respected posters
check enthusiasm at the door
and apply a multidisciplinary
approach to our studies.

We don't preach, we teach.

LOL, and this Awald Berry Guy is a writer and WROTE A BOOK..Wow. I feel sorry for those who wasteed their hard earned money..LMAO..
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com