EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » @Truthcentric, Suwedi and other artist based on ES

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: @Truthcentric, Suwedi and other artist based on ES
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having a hard time finding a good artist to illustrate to cover of a book I'm going to publish, hopefully somewhere in Januari. I'm looking for a specific drawing style, but nothing really fits. What I need is:

-Someone who's able to draw the female anatomy of attractive women well in terms of shapes, but also in terms of body language and facial expressions
-Someone who's able to illustrate a good looking background along with it
-Someone who knows how to shade and color properly with photoshop or some other application
-Since I'm having a hard time finding an artist online who draws in the style I want, I'm going to concede on wanting a specific drawing style, as long as the artist is capable of doing the above.

I could do all of the above myself but it would take time to emulate the end product I'm looking for since most of my drawings are rarely colored. Who knows artists who qualify for the above? Trutcentric, you've been active on Deviantart for some time, who do you recommend?

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^subliminal
Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swenet
try elance.com
www.elance.com
guru.com or freelancer.com.

You will find graphic artists to bid on your project.
Just provide detailed description and interested freelance
artists will bid.

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
^^^subliminal

Idiot, you have nothing productive to add to this thread.
Your gratuitous "appearances" only illustrate how
pathetic you are. Now run along..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^^^subliminal

What?? Subliminal, trying to get across what, exactly?
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
quote:
^^^subliminal

asking T-Rex for recommendations seems like he doesn't qualify
Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova:
Swenet
try elance.com
www.elance.com
guru.com or freelancer.com.

You will find graphic artists to bid on your project.
Just provide detailed description and interested freelance
artists will bid.

I know about such services, but my gut feeling has always been to steer clear of them, as there is no way to know your logo or whatever you're requesting isn't something they've recycled off of their own, or other people's work.

I rather get in touch with real professionals who have a public face and reputation so I can hold them accountable.

Out of curiosity, have you tried those services before? If so, what are your experiences with them?

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
^^^subliminal

Truthcentric is a good artist in his own right, but no artist can reliably and consistently create something in which he/she is not trained.

But you wouldn't understand that. [Wink]

Member # 15718

Out of curiosity, have you tried those services before? If so, what are your experiences with them?

Never used them but I have seen elance mentioned in
books on blogging/social media etc. I think you can
test the waters without releasing any cash, and can
have a boilerplate contract written with the usual
"hold harmless" clause in case of copyright infringement etc.
Might be worth a shot to see what interest people
have in bidding and also if they have references
and portfolios of their work online. If they are
credible designers, they would have portfolios
on the web.
Try also deviantart.com and redbubble.com - for
freelance designers, both great sites with lots of
independent artists and designers.

Originally posted by lioness:

^^You however, won't even qualify to get laid in a morgue.

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
^^^subliminal

Truthcentric is a good artist in his own right, but no artist can reliably and consistently create something in which he/she is not trained.

But you wouldn't understand that. [Wink]

I'm training him.
Rough drafts will be submitted to lioness productions,
Lp will recommend expert corrections and results may qualify

Lp

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

^^You however, won't even qualify to get laid in a morgue.

anger management issues?
Member # 15718

Ask yourself, idiot management issues?

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:

Never used them but I have seen elance mentioned in
books on blogging/social media etc. I think you can
test the waters without releasing any cash, and can
have a boilerplate contract written with the usual
"hold harmless" clause in case of copyright infringement etc.
Might be worth a shot to see what interest people
have in bidding and also if they have references
and portfolios of their work online. If they are
credible designers, they would have portfolios
on the web.
Try also deviantart.com and redbubble.com - for
freelance designers, both great sites with lots of
independent artists and designers.

Good sh!t Zaharan!
I will read more about it, and see if I can find such a service which doesn't require any up front compensation.

Thanks.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What style are you looking for?? More Artistic/Traditional, an Illustration??
Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
 -

For example, the aspects of the above that would be good would be the drawing style, and correctness of bodily proportions and posture, but the atmosphere is too sinister and there is too much of this heroine costume thing going on. I have a very specific scene I need on the cover, and that would require something thats much closer to real life.

An even better representation of what I like in terms of drawing style is ''the Princess of the Sun'' concept art (but not the images of the video itself):

-

-

-

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You said you could do the drawing yourself but you can't color it using photoshop etc., Why don't you draw the figure yourself and get someone like Suwedi or another person to Photoshop/Color, Ink and Digitize it. It might be alot eaiser and will save you some money. Deviant Art is full of Photoshop experts..

I could def. draw you the image but like you my Photoshop skills are not on par with what you want. My Photoshop skills are intermediate, not novice but not expert.

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^I forgot to mention that I actually did start drawing the book cover and the logo myself, but I stopped doing both because I'm way too critical on myself. It would take weeks and thousands of adjustments before I'd be able to settle with something I'd be contend with. Even longer once I'd get to the part where I'd have to read photoshop and Illustrator tutorials and get those apps to do what I have in mind.

I recognized this perfectionist habit early on, which allowed me to stop and fine tune certain textual sections of the book I'm going to publish.

In case you're wondering, no, this is not about that fiction book that involves Egypt, which is almost complete, but collecting dust at the moment (this non-fiction book has higher priority). Sorry, I can't say too much about this new product Jari, but I'll PM you the specifics when it's done, somewhere in January.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^
Cool, sounds interesting. Ive been working on a comic/graphic novel about Egypt. Ill try to P.M you some Images and scraps soon, hopefully in January..

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
^^^
Cool, sounds interesting. Ive been working on a comic/graphic novel about Egypt. Ill try to P.M you some Images and scraps soon, hopefully in January..

I'd love to see that too. Never knew you were an artist!
Posts: 7090 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15718

In case you're wondering, no, this is not about that fiction book that involves Egypt, which is almost complete, but collecting dust at the moment (this non-fiction book has higher priority). Sorry, I can't say too much about this new product Jari, but I'll PM you the specifics when it's done, somewhere in January.

What kind of publishing process are you looking at?
E-book? Print? How will you sell the book? Amazon?
Google e-book? Word of mouth? Blog/website plug?

I had a number of book projects in mind but cheapest
quote so far to even print off a "starter" batch is $800-$1000.
Anyone else have ideas route as far as production
and marketing?

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^Check your pm Zaharan

quote:
^^^

^Can't wait to get the preview!
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Found a perfect solution.

I'm going to use Daz3d to set up the scene I have in mind for my book cover. If it looks too slick and 3d-ish I can always edit it with photoshop to make look more like a drawing

Jari, this app might be useful for your project as well:

http://www.daz3d.com/i/0/0?

^See the vid to get an idea of what it can do and whether it's of use to you.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
http://www.daz3d.com/i/0/0?

^Did anyone check it out yet?

They offer their newest app up for free at the moment (yes I said free, not a trial). It was a bit hard to figure everything out, but I've got the basic down to a t. At the moment I'm about 50% underway with the book cover, looks like I get to keep my money (no illustrator needed).

Jari/Truthcentric if you guys have the minimun requirements pc hardware to run this, and you two are interested in using it for your work let me know and show you guys how to use it.

Minimum Specs:

http://www.daz3d.com/i/products/daz_studio/tech_specs?

Free copy (requires registering):

http://www.daz3d.com/i/products/daz_studio?

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Yeah man that looks cool, How do I download it??
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Do you have the minimum hardware requirements?

If so, you can download it by following the blue ''buy now'' button, where its says ''Free for a limited time!''. This button will ultimately lead to a registration page.

http://www.daz3d.com/i/products/daz_studio?

You can also take the shortcut and simply register (the register button is the last bottom at the top of the screen). Either way, you'll find the app as a ~450mb file in the dashboard of your account.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Done with everything, i.e., my logo, book cover and the other stuff I've been working on, but need to make adjustments here and there on my site.

Does anyone here know how to edit wordpress themes and/or write in php?

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by African Kush:
HTML5 and CSS. JavaScript is a bonus. [Smile]

Can you show me your online work via a pm?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com