EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Amun-Ra and Swenet-- differences

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Amun-Ra and Swenet-- differences
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what happened between you two but is there any way to settle you differences. You guys are top contributors to Egyptsearch and have keep this forum alive.

I would like to nominate either one of you guys as potential moderators but will not do so if there are unresolved problems from either side. Amun has expressed interest but I am a little hesitant due to some drama.

Let me know.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swenet doesn't even want this forum to grow as he already on record saying he doesn't want to post here anymore to not make money for Sammy, whatever this means. That's why he made an FB group.

If I'm a moderator, the difference of opinion between me and Swenet will still continue (maybe I'll pick another ID to be the moderator ID). Being a moderator doesn't make me agree with everybody. But everybody is allowed to have their own crazy theories if they want.

Frankly, I don't see much to moderate. The only reason, I'm willing to take it, is because, I'm one of the very few still posting new stuff on here.

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He has a point about intellectual property. Sammy is probably noticing that the whole ancient Egyptian and race issue generates money and traffic. Not as much as many here think but anything attached to race generates controversy which generates money. Swenet has a point.
Lots of posters on here openly dislike me. This was before knowing my true ethnicity and I suspect many are so biased that they cannot be fair.
True this is another man's website but all of the posters here built a legacy. A place that you can discuss taboo subjects regarding ancient Egypt. As crazy as some of the posters are it adds a unique element that reveals a rawness and grittiness you would never encounter on any of the anti-Egyptsearch/Eurocentric websites.

I am convinced that people like Tariq Nasheed stole from this website and incorporated it while making those Hidden Color documentaries.

The only unfortunate fact is that none of us here who contribute own the domain. Therefore nobody can profit off their intellectual property.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the thought, but I'm not interested in
becoming a moderator of this site or contributing
to it beyond an occasional drop-by every now and
then as someone from the outside looking in (as
opposed to posting as an ES member). I don't identify
with this site or the beliefs of most of its members.
I'm an autodidact of African history first and
foremost. Not some loony pan-Africanist who abuses
(false interpretations of) bio-anthropology as a
cover of legitimacy for pseudo-scientific beliefs.
The latter is what seems to drive the posting
behaviour of more people here than I'm comfortable
with.

Sorry to be the party pooper.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is cool, Swenet. Best of luck and success to you.
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
He has a point about intellectual property. Sammy is probably noticing that the whole ancient Egyptian and race issue generates money and traffic.

It's just that there's no ads on this forum on which Sammy could make money off.
Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
What about traffic? Either way I can understand someone wanting to not want to sacrifice their research considering somebody has the potential to profit off of it. Although I will say there is not much money in AE/African history outside of the Hidden Colors crowd.
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by ausar:
He has a point about intellectual property. Sammy is probably noticing that the whole ancient
Egyptian and race issue generates money and traffic.

Sammy possibly can make money off the traffic. He perhaps can show
AE/Africa posts as legit content by legit "Live" bodies,
not bots. He can show this to spammers who can sync
their spam with such legit activity, and thus they
appear more credible in the search engine rankings
versus empty shell link farms or bogus automated blog
"replies" filled with links. If the legit content
drives traffic to someone selling something, a benefit
is gained. And sure enough, there are people out
there who are harvesting the research we put on the
floor and are going to write books, do media, or
augment articles with it. Just like the "instant"
automated Wikipedia books that are Wiki articles
someone just runs off and binds to make a profit.

A cynic might say- we are fools for doing this, and not getting
paid either here or Facebook or wherever. But in terms
of getting the word out, I think its a fair trade. For too
long the zone was flooded with a distorted picture of Africa,
African history and Nile Valley bio-history. Now
that has been substantially corrected by credible
counter-flows of data. Oh many bluster to the contrary,
and try to run old games, but the genie is out of the bottle.
Distorters, bigots and propagandists no longer get
a free ride and are defeated. And there is of course
knowledge for its own sake. These themselves are
worth, to borrow a phrase from Richard Wright,
"the price of the ticket."

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com