EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Whats up with the registration?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whats up with the registration?
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of people that I told about this site have/are telling me that when they registered, its taking a very, very long time for their accounts to get approved. I have tried to get many people who would offer this site a lot to join, but they can't.
Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Contact Tukuler
Posts: 22245 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read the other threads. Tukuler's powers only extends with deleting and modifying threads. He cannot add or delete accounts. That is left to Sammy and Neal...the absentee owners who only care about the Mullahs.

Remember the statement he made about how cheap the posters on here are. We weren't clicking on the Ad links.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely the admins know these
two fora are the body and soul
of ES. Now with adchoice it's
in their best interest to both
  1. - simplify registration and
  2. - grant mods ban power

only for rare judicious use.

And users? You can filter out
the kinds of ads of no interest
or you can ignore them.

Clicking doesn't oblige you
to purchase anything. But
no, if you're a real privacy
freak then don't click.

Just keep in mind whichever
way an ad is clicked it helps
page count and helps boost a
higher search rank. Surfers
are most likely to quit after
the first 20 search results.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol I dont know why I didnt see your post.

Anyways thanks for responding.

Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure bet!!

It's easy to overlook things.

BTW ever click Today's active topics ?

It's at the upper right on this page
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
^^^^Yeah. It proves Egyptology and Ancient Egypt are the more active sections like you said.
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
At one time there was only E & AE
which must've been devastating to
the admins since people on the other
fora bitched about us so much
What the neighbors say thread

but in the end it was only us left
standing and the rest were shutdown
due to inactivity!

They were only re-opened recently
after the stat spike from the hot
Of course there were Horner pharaohs
thread (547 posts in 2 weeks).

I can only hope the admins see who
all were responsible for the spike
and will help us improve the forum
by listening to what we want and
need to grow the forum and attract
the curious to the other fora.

One hand washes the other.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
@ potential new members

Right for now I suggest
clicking Contact Us and
ask for an update on yr
registration status. I
think somebody here did
that somewhat recently.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forwarded for all concerned:

quote:
Originally posted by BlessedbyHorus:
quote:
Originally posted by Ardo:
BlessedbyHorus, welcome to ES!

You joined us last month when
many were questioning the
registration process. Can
you tell us how you got in
I mean what steps you took?
Tell us about it in the What's
up w/t registration (link)
thread?

Thanks.

Thanks Ardo! I was having a hard time getting registered, I kept emailing the site owner until my account got approved.

I always knew about ES and the many members on here like Al, Djehuti, Beyoku, Swenet, Zahara, Lioness, Jari, Clyde Winters. Poster Son of Ra was the one who invited me on here aftet he saw my postings on Nairaland and Coli. I hope to contribute to this site.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com