EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Carlos Oliver Coke--I sure hope that wasn't you trying to clean up..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Carlos Oliver Coke--I sure hope that wasn't you trying to clean up..
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carlos Oliver Coke. Did you ask for those threads to be removed after I called you out for deliberately lying and misrepresenting your translations of that Dutch thread? I hope not, because I'll simply repost everything elsewhere for your correspondents to see the sneaky sh!t you engage in behind the scenes.

What do you think is going to happen to your credibility in the eyes of the "supporters" you've been lying to, when it comes out that you've been leeching off of others this whole time, Carlos Oliver Coke? Or that you yourself don't even believe that the modal phenotype of dynastic Upper Egyptians looks 'black'.

Is the below an example of how you were and are still leeching off of others behind the scenes, so you can appear knowledgeable in public and boast about what you can't do yourself, or not?

• Carlos Oliver Coke on 17-10-2013 21:53:

E-mail correspondence with [X]
    6th October 2013

quote:
    "Dear [X]
    I hope that you are well.
    Could you confirm if it's true that around 60% of the alleles identified
    in the 2010 Hawass study, were identified again in the 2012 study on Ramesses III?"

[X] responded today with:

quote:
    "it is unclear to me how you calculated the 60%.
    best
    [X]"

Seems like he's up for discussion. Did you send me a list of the overlapping alleles? I'm going to take a look in my Hotmail account.
    --Carlos Oliver Coke

More on Carlos Oliver Coke's embarrassing behind the scenes admissions that he is incompetent and is often knee deep in conversations with academics on topics he doesn't know squat about:

• Carlos Oliver Coke on 20-10-2013 21:36:
    Quick question: would you mind if my contribution to this site is to continue privately relaying back to you any correspondence I have with the mainstream experts? I don't have the knowledge to contribute anything really to the main discussion board, and I'm more comfortable in this sort of behind the scenes role. This OK?
    --Carlos Oliver Coke

As stated earlier, Carlos Oliver Coke realized his public facade could become public at any time, so he started following anthropology courses more than 18 months after he started taking on academics. Lol. How twisted and premature is that? Here, below, the loser Carlos Oliver Coke is talking about his 'friend' and making him look bad behind his back:

• Did I ever tell you about the time I caught the train back from Cambridge with [X]? He asked me to look over a piece of his work, so I did, asking various questions as I read through. In a quoted a passage with used the word 'parietal' and when I asked him what it meant, he said he didn't know. I think that's one of the reasons why I'm doing this course - people don't always seem to have a grasp of the basics.
    --Carlos Oliver Coke

But Carlos Oliver Coke's Anthropology classes clearly haven't worked; Carlos Oliver Coke is still a sequacious deadbeat scrub, hanging around academics and forum posters like a freeloader. Leeching them for their resources and expertise to write his gossip tell-all book. Of course, when in public, Carlos Oliver Coke lies and about his abilities and contributions.

Carlos Oliver Coke is the male version of birdbrain bimbo women who 'slurp' (wink, wink) their way to the top by hanging around influential people and playing people against each other with gossip.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tropicals redacted
Member # 21621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tropicals redacted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’ve had the chance to read through Anson’s 24-page promo material for his business/business idea. What I don’t understand is why, on the last page, under the question Who Am I? ,and a photo of himself, Anson says to the reader/potential customer:

“My name is Willy Emblem, and I’m the founder of XXXXXXXXXXXXX.......”

Of course, ‘Willy Emblem’ is NOT his real name, so not entirely sure why he’d give one that's so completely different.

Maybe in this thread he could post the page referred to.

Posts: 805 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tropicals redacted
Member # 21621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tropicals redacted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Did you ask for those threads to be removed after I called you out for deliberately lying and misrepresenting your translations of that Dutch thread?
Why would I want to have them removed when they prove what a fcking brattish idiot you are?

----------------------------------

In April 2013, Sidney Anson/Willy Emblem approached the ‘Higherlevel’ forum, a Dutch-language site where he sought feedback from experienced entrepreneurs on a business idea. Having put themselves forward for potential criticism, most adults would anticipate frank and sometimes uncomfortable comments and take the freely given advice…

Not Sidney Anson.

If you’d ever wondered about Sidney Anson’s bizarre online behaviour (that is, unpredictable, defensive, offensive, petty, needy, ego-driven, inconsistent) then you are not alone. In the Higherlevel thread, which ran from 5th to 9th April 2013, Anson manages to piss off most of the forum members who participated in the discussion he initiated—I’d never imagined Google Translate could be so compelling.

I'll present the Dutch text followed by the English translation.

When asking for feedback in his OP, Sidney Anson includes the following caveat:

quote:

Note: ikvraagabsoluutnietommeningenbetreffende of men het aannemelijkvind of ditsysteemzalwerken, alhoewel je natuurlijkvrij ben om je verwachtingenteuiten. Waarikvoornamelijkgeïnteresseerd in ben, is:

1) watjullieeersteindruk is, zodatikkanweten hoe mensenzullengaanreageren. Ditstaat me toe om hieropteanticiperen, eneventueletwijfelsenanderevormen van weerstand pro-actiefwegtenemen in mijngesprekken met prospects

Which, according to Google Translate, means:

“Note : I absolutely do not ask for opinions on whether they think it is plausible that this system will work, though of course you are free to express your expectations. What I am mainly interested in is:

1 ) what your first impression is , that I may know how people will react . This allows me to anticipate this , and any doubts and other forms of resistance to take a pro-active way in my conversations with prospects”
https://www.higherlevel.nl/forum/index.php?board=18;action=display;threadid=46722

As forum members-- experienced businessmen and women - - expressed their opinions, Anson’s characteristic defensiveness ensured that the discussion went downhill. He complained of “personal attacks”, “ad hominem” statements, ”boundless cronyism” and was unhappy that:

quote:

“neutraliteit, beschaafdheidenonpartijdigheid is duidelijknietietsdatbezoekers van de meesteforumledenhierhoeventeverwachten.”
https://www.higherlevel.nl/forum/index.php?board=18;action=display;threadid=46722;start=msg441605

Google Translate:

quote:

neutrality, civility and impartiality is clearly not something that visitors most forum members have to expect here.

Comments on his reactions from some of the Higher Level posters who participated in the discussion as follows:

‘Marcel D’:8 april 201316:12

quote:

Beste Willy,

Ikhebwerkelijk met stijgendeverbazingdit topic gevolgd. Startte het aanvankelijk nog alseen topic waarinikoprechtgeïnteresseerd was in je product kaniknietontkennendat je eenbehoorlijkeirritatieopwekt. Ikbegrijp je aanvallendehoudingnaar de overigeledennietgoed, er is natuurlijkniksmis met eengoedediscussie maar ditbegintzolangzamerhandongeloofwaardigteworden. Werkelijkiedereen die in jouogen "kritiek" uitprobeer je aftebluffen met tegenargumenten. Indienjij je belaagdvoelt mag je jezekerverdedigen, maar ditnogal over de top..

Bedenk je goeddatditeenondernemersforum is endatiedereenelkaarhierprobeerttehelpen, hierzitten hele ervarenmensenenook starters. Doe hier je voordeelmee want op dit moment kanik me nietaan de indrukonttrekkendat je jeniet heel erg populairaan het maken bent... eninderdaadhigherlevelwordt heel goedgeïndexeerd door google. Je hoefthierverdergeenreactie op tegeven, doe ermeewat je wil..maarikdenkdatals je alleszelfbeterweet het ookgeenzinheeft in dit topic verdertespuien.

Ondanksdatditmisschieneenbeetje off topic is wildeikdittochgraagaan je kwijt

Groet,

Marcel”

https://www.higherlevel.nl/forum/index.php?board=18;action=display;threadid=46722;start=msg441605

Google Translate:

quote:

“Dear Willy
I really have with increasing amazement followed this topic. It started initially as a topic in which I was genuinely interested in your product, I can not deny that you generate a considerable irritation. I understand your offensive attitude towards the other members not good, there is of course nothing wrong with a good debate but this is starting to be gradually implausible. Literally everyone in your eyes "critical" in trying to bluff with counterarguments. If you feel you are attacked you can certainly defend you, but rather over the top ..

Think you are good that this is a business forum and that everyone here is trying to help each other, here are all experienced people and starters. Take this to your advantage because at the moment I can not help feeling that you are not very popular are creating ... and indeed higher level is very well indexed by google. You do this no further reaction to give up, do what you want ..buti think if you all yourself better know it makes no sense to continue in this topic indulged.

Although this might be a bit off topic is, I wanted it to still like you lost

Sincerely,
Marcel”

After Anson took issue with the perceived bias of the moderator,Joost Retveld, Retveld replied:
8 april 2013, 00:47

quote:
Alsikals moderator reageer dan zetikdateraltijdbij. Anders is het gewoon little old me En sorry, maar ikstel je (als HL lid) een heel simpelevraag: "Watkom je hierdoen?" Het is een open vraagenik had gehooptdat je konverklarenwaarom je jevraag op HL geplaatsthebt. Watwil je van onswetenenwatwil je hiermee bereiken?
https://www.higherlevel.nl/forum/index.php?board=18%3baction=display%3bthreadid=46722%3bstart=45

Google Translate:

quote:

“If I react as a moderator than I put that always there. Otherwise it's just little old mAnd sorry, but I suggest you (as a member HL) is a very simple question: "What are you doing here?" It is an open question and I was hoping you could explain why you posted your question at HL. What do you know about us and what do you achieve?”

‘Patrick Keizer’:8 april 201317:10

quote:

Laster Willy?Wiebelastertjou?Ikzievijfpagina'sargumentatieenvijfpagina's (defensieve, geïrriteerdeensomtijdsagressieve) reacties van jou op datgenewat men naarvorenbrengt. Je had waarschijnlijkverwachtdat men jouwsysteemklakkelooszougaanbewieroken. Maar nee, in plaatsdaarvanplaatste men enkele, somtijdshardekritischenoten.Datkangebeurenals je om eenmeningvraagt.

https://www.higherlevel.nl/forum/index.php?

Google Translate:

quote:

“Slander Willy? Whoever defames you? I see five pages of argument and five pages ( defensive , irritated and sometimes aggressive ) responses from you on what is brought forward. You had probably expected that your system would praise them indiscriminately . But no, instead they placed a few , sometimes harsh critical notes. That can happen if you ask for an opinion”

‘Edo Van Santen’:8 april 2013, 18:39

quote:

ik hoop datditdraadje nog eentijdjedoorloopt, ikamuseer me kostelijk.

Please, blijfreagerenallemaal, dit is zeervermakelijken leerzaamenmoeten we in de "over HL" plakken

.https://www.higherlevel.nl/forum/index.php?
board=18;action=display;threadid=46722;start=75

Google Translate:

quote:

“I hope this thread continues for a while, I enjoying myself immensely.
Please , keep all respond , it is very entertaining and informative , and we have to stick in the " on HL " .”

Nosky9 april 2013, 01:17

quote:

Elke –goedbedoelde- kritischeblik op jouw post (waar je overigenszelfomvraagt: “watjullieeersteindruk is”) zie je alseenaanval om ervervolgens op kinderachtigewijzemee om tegaan. Wees de mensendankbaardatzetijd in je investeren, in plaats je alsCalimero op testellen. Het resultaat is dat je nu allemensentegen je in het harnaswerkt. Dag potentiëledoelgroep.

Verder, alsikzo door je reactiesheen lees, lijkt het me raadzaamals je jeeensgaatverdiepen in marketing engerelateerdezaken. Want je slaat op sommigepunten de plank volledigmis. Het voorbeeld van John Bouwmans, die het over “gatenverkopen” heeft in plaats van “boormachinesveropen” interpreteer je op totaal de verkeerdemanier. Zelfsnameerderetoelichtingengeef je ergeenblijk van tebegrijpenwaterwordtbedoeld. Alsje”gaten” verkoopt, verkoop je geendienst.Je verkooptgaten.De oplossingdus, endusniet het middel (boormachines).Het is de insteekwaarmee je eenmarktbenaderd.
Ookals het gaat om jouwdefinitie van eenondernemingslaat het echttotaalnergens op. En ookdaarwil je nietbegrijpenwaterfout is aan je denkwijze. En je uitlegdaarbij is niettevolgen.

Je taalgebruikdoet me denkenaan die Enait, die advocaat die weleens op TV is geweestenbeterbekendstaatals de ´handenschudweigeraar´. Deze man doettijdens het sprekenzoontzettendzijn best omzoveelmogelijkmoeilijkewoorden in zijnzinnenteplakken, dathijnaarverloop van tijderzelfhelemaal in verstriktraaktenhetgeenwathijzegtnergensmeer op slaat. Jijhebtook de neigingom ´dure´ woordentegebruikenaan de enekant, maar aan de anderekantkloppentetekstengrammaticaalvoorgeen meter. Bedenkwederomdat je hier op eenondernemersforum zit.Hiervind je nuchtere, ´down to earth´ mensen die helemaalnietzittentewachten fancy taalgebruik. Ken je mensen, ken je markt.

https://www.higherlevel.nl/forum/index.php?board=18;action=display;threadid=46722;start=75

Google Translate:

quote:

“Each -well bedoelde- critical look at your post (which can actually asks himself: "What is your first impression") you see as an attack and then there childish way to handle it. Be thankful to the people that they invest time in you, rather than you as Calimero set. The result is that now all people from working in the harness. Day potential audience.

Furthermore, if I read through your responses, it seems advisable if you're ever going to delve into marketing and related issues. Because you hit on some points completely wrong. The example of John Building Mans That Sell "holes" talking about "veropen drills" rather than interpret on totally the wrong way. Even after several disclosures give you no sign of understanding what is meant. If you have "holes" sell, sell your duty. You sell holes. The solution, then, and not the means (drills). It is the approach with which you approached the market.
Even if it is your definition of a company beats the real total sense. And there you do not understand what is wrong with your thinking. And your explanation here is not to follow.

Your language reminds me of the Enait, who is a lawyer who has ever been on TV and is better known as the'handenschudweigeraar' [handshake refuser]. This man does when speaking so very, very best to stick as many difficult words in his sentences, he for some time himself gets all tangled up and what he says nothing more sense. You also have the tendency to use'dure' words on one side, but on the other hand knocking grammatical texts for no meter. Remember again that you are sitting here at a business forum. Here you will find sober,'down earth' to people who are not waiting fancy language. Know your people, know your market.”

Fortunately, Anson doesn’t resort to his characteristic extreme petulance to save face, and exits the discussion with:

quote:

Ik ben klaarhier. Als je in wilgaan op paradocxzijnsuggestie, shoot me a PM.

https://www.higherlevel.nl/forum/index.php?board=18;action=display;threadid=46722;start=75

quote:

“I'm done here . If you want to go into Paradocx his suggestion , shoot me a PM .”

One of the moderators, Norbert Bakker, promptly closes the discussion four minutes later...

Comedic gold.

Posts: 805 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com