EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Egypt is Arabianized with a sprinkle of Mesopotamian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egypt is Arabianized with a sprinkle of Mesopotamian
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember http://cairoscene.com/Buzz/National-Geographic-s-DNA-Analysis-Proves-Egyptians-Are-Only-17-Arab

17%
Hmmm
Was Nat-Geo only counting the West Asian portion of Arabs and not the recombined African?

-

Arabs were the only people to invade twice, maybe 2.5 times. Ahmn jus sayin [Wink] .

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know the chart is not from NG but DNATribes?

I posted this many times. west Asians are the Turks. Look at the population dataset. Also Sahara_Arabians are the indigenous North Africans/Amazigh and Arab Bedouins we know are the remnants of the African Natufians.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it's DnaTribes. I don't think you emphasized how it demonstrated how gentrified modern Egypt is. Modern Egypt is more Arabian than North African. That contradicts Nat-Geo.

That's the topic. Tribes says modern Egyptians are 42% Arabian. Nat-Geo has them at 17%. Major difference. I think Tribes is more accurate because they show all their work.

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another interesting point is ...."west Asian' are not "Arabs" per DNATribes. So the label "Arabs' can become convoluted. So Mike was on the right track.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com