EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Some Good News and Some Bad News

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some Good News and Some Bad News
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The good news is I was able to retrieve about 99% of the data I lost including research stuff I'd like to post in this forum.

The bad news is the pandemic has me working overtime at the labs so it will be a while before I'll be able to present my findings.

Other than this how are all of you posters holding up under during this situation?

Posts: 26246 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear the coronavirus thing has you preoccupied. Me, my life hasn’t been too affected since I spend most of my time at home anyway. The main inconvenience has been the scarcity of certain groceries due to panic hoarders, but at least we already had plenty of toilet paper.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7071 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in the American epicenter and have 2 strikes against me should I contract coronavirus.

Taking gov recommended precautions gainst gettin' got.
Also examining S Korea and other spots w/level curves.
To know what's really going on in Yte World about all this I visit CBSN Minnesota.
That channel has no non-yte ppl working it.
They don't even show the Attorney General's face.

CoV 2, like everbod else, better not eff with me.

And yeah whats up w/t butt wipe hoarders?
USA is still a 1st World economy able to restock its shelves within 3 days.

Anyway I seen the same effect for projected heavy snow storms in the MidHudson Valley. I remember once seeing a woman who's cart was overflowing with large family packs of tp. Wifey guessed she was gonna have a full tilt shitting party [Big Grin]

DJ, Brandon, et all, please stay safe.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im stuck in a house with annoying roomates, and all my classes have been changed to online.. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Ive lost so much stuff over the years...now I make sure I double back up everything..

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neferet
Member # 17109

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neferet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoy staying home and studying on my laptop so nothing has changed with me.

I'm also confused about running out of butt wipes and not being able to restock them.

Posts: 369 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pretty much have resulted in going between work (already a sterilized environment but being made even more sterilized with extra protocols) and home. What I don't cook at home I get take-out from places I'm familiar with and discard the food containers and before eating. Other than that I go out and walk or take jogs in the parks and schools.

As for the toilet tissue, I have no idea what the deal is. COV19 is a respiratory virus NOT a gastrointestinal virus. That said, the virus when found in the digestive tract can cause irritation to the intestines and cause diarrhea though such a symptom is not as common as the flu-like ones.

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26246 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Still don't get it!!

Think about it people. There are two choices. Test and inoculate everyone on the planet. Or stop the ridiculous hysteria. Imagine, no vaccine then anyone who has the virus risk spreading it throughout the planet. That means we are or were always at risk! Stop the overaction. This is a political ploy. The reaction does NOT make sense.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ignore uninformed layman w/no certificates or degrees in the health field

--------------------
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/health/covid-19-recovery-rates-intl/index.html

Data from China shows the majority of people with Covid-19 only suffer mild symptoms, then recover

By Ivana Kottasová and Henrik Pettersson, CNN

Updated 11:18 AM ET, Fri March 20, 2020

-----------

https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-recoveries-recovered-covid-19-china-italy-us-death-toll-johns-hopkins-1493723
Over 100,000 People Have Recovered From Coronavirus ...

-------------

fake news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMTZu6_TjU8

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^
Assuming the Chinese are being honest about their findings, yes most young healthy people recover with little or no symptoms but we don't know the full adverse effects of the disease. I've also read studies from China that some healthy people who recover have lost the lung capacity they've originally had or had cardiac damage. There are even a few who reported reduced fertility at least for males.

It's best not to take any chances, but you're right that the cat's out of the bag so to speak and during the initial stage of the outbreak (as early as October) we've already had infected from China and even the epicenter Wuhan travel to many countries around the globe.

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Binging Sons of the Caliphate (Nollywood)
and Avengers + Cap/Avengers related movies.
Not so much watching, more like bkgrnd "radio".

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com